online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Any knowledgeable music minds care to expound on this?

icon

more
top in section
icon
+47
   Rick Ross Drake Diss  @hiphop
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '13        #1
1455 page views
69 comments

EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 97603 97 K  Slaps total: 13855 13 K
Any knowledgeable music minds care to expound on this?

Last edited by EZ Green; 03-03-2024 at 10:06 AM..
+12   

icon
best
icon
worst
69 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '15        #2
Dilly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 30354 30 K  Slaps total: 6993 6 K
Cause it’s 2024 and no one is buying albums or singles anymore. Everyone streams or illegally downloads.
+16   

1 month ago '24        #3
Not Here  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 740 740  Slaps total: 87 87
Dude talkin’ over Joe made it hard to understand his last point but I think he was sayin’ no matter how many eyes they put you in front of they cap your earnings! I agree and to add to that, the system is rigged and bootleggin’ always been a thing! They got algorithms to stop Artists from growing they can easily make an algorithm to block illegal streaming, especially if they can send everybody red light tickets in the mail!
+11   

1 month ago '13        #4
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Not Here said 🔗
Dude talkin’ over Joe made it hard to understand his last point but I think he was sayin’ no matter how many eyes they put you in front of they cap your earnings! I agree and to add to that, the system is rigged and bootleggin’ always been a thing! They got algorithms to stop Artists from growing they can easily make an algorithm to block illegal streaming, especially if they can send everybody red light tickets in the mail!
Dope post. You're points align with the expanded clip I posted in the op. Check that out
+2   

1 month ago '24        #5
 EZ Green said 🔗
Dope post. You're points align with the expanded clip I posted in the op. Check that out
Thanks, I’ll check it out!

Edit: Just watched the extended clip. This has been going on in every industry. Happened to my Dad who worked for Radio One under Kathy Hughes. They didn’t get a long. My Dad would bring in over a million sales in Ads, promotions and concerts. They capped his commissions at a certain percentage and not based off his sales like before. His boss was mad that he out earned him and he had a PHD and my Dad just had ski1ls in sales and was really good with people when he had to be! They do it to “independent artists” too, with the internet there should have been more successful independent Artists but the algorithm is gon’ algorithm across all platforms!

Last edited by Not Here; 03-03-2024 at 10:18 AM..
+15   

1 month ago '11        #6
QB Eagles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 29444 29 K  Slaps total: 5737 5 K
The experience that comes from buying an Usher album

vs.

The experience that comes from being at a live Usher concert

These two experiences are completely different and shouldn't be compared.

One has a value of 5/10, and the latter has a value of 10/10. I'm not saying an Usher album isn't good, but you can't compare it to what Usher does during his iconic live performances. That experience will stay with you for a lifetime. While a good album comes and goes. When was the last time you rearranged your plans over an album release? LOL.

1 month ago '19        #7
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 183250 183 K  Slaps total: 48188 48 K
Music is the lowest valued form of art and Usher is a legacy act at this stage of his career
+6   

1 month ago '13        #8
 Not Here said 🔗
Thanks, I’ll check it out!

Edit: Just watched the extended clip. This has been going on in every industry. Happened to my Dad who worked for Radio One under Kathy Hughes. They didn’t get a long. My Dad would bring in over a million sales in Ads, promotions and concerts. They capped his commissions at a certain percentage and not based off his sales like before. His boss was mad that he out earned him and he had a PHD and my Dad just had ski1ls in sales and was really good with people when he had to be! They do it to “independent artists” too, with the internet there should have been more successful independent Artists but the algorithm is gon’ algorithm across all platforms!
I hear you about algorithms but usher just set a super bowl halftime view record. fu#k algorithms lol, he was in EVERYBODYS house, literally. You're telling me that out of 125 million viewers from all walks of life that he didn't gain at least a few million casual fans? sh1t just doesn't add up. Now what you say about caps I agree with and think is clear. But what would be the purpose of that besides to keep artists in line on some slave sh1t. Clearly the industry is hiding money. There's billions in streaming but artists get fractions of pennies. It almost feels like the reverse of how the diamond industry works. They keep the true value hidden by keeping the price down purposely

Last edited by EZ Green; 03-03-2024 at 03:49 PM..
+5   

1 month ago '24        #9
 EZ Green said 🔗
I hear you about algorithms but usher just set a super bowl halftime view record. fu#k algorithms lol, he was in EVERYBODYS house, literally. You're telling me that out of 125 million viewers from all walks of life that he didn't gain at least a few million casual fans? sh1t just doesn't add up. Now what you say about caps I agree with and think is clear. But what would be the purpose of that besides to keep artists in line on some slave sh1t. Clearly the industry is hiding money. There's billions in streaming but artists get fractions of pennies. It almost feels like the reverse of how the diamond industry works. They keep the true value hidden but keeping the price down purposely
lmao I hear ya! You kinda answered the question yourself! You know what it is! Look up Neely Fuller Jr and listen to what he explains as far as the 9 areas of activity in all areas of life and who controls them. He says if you don’t understand this one thing and what it is, everything else will confuse you!
+2   

1 month ago '13        #10
 Not Here said 🔗
lmao I hear ya! You kinda answered the question yourself! You know what it is! Look up Neely Fuller Jr and listen to what he explains as far as the 9 areas of activity in all areas of life and who controls them. He says if you don’t understand this one thing and what it is, everything else will confuse you!
Bet I know a little about that. I think about these things from time to time. Dreadful sh1t

Last edited by EZ Green; 03-03-2024 at 11:09 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '24        #11
 EZ Green said 🔗
Bet I know a little about that. I think about these things from time to time. Dreadful sh1t
yeah it is and it seems to be no answer in sight except for what he suggested!

1 month ago '13        #12
 Not Here said 🔗
yeah it is and it seems to be no answer in sight except for what he suggested!
What did he suggest?
+1   

1 month ago '24        #13
 EZ Green said 🔗
What did he suggest?
He was Dr. Frances Cress Welsing’s Mentor also. Whenever you hear the term “stay on code” that came from Neely Fuller Jr. It’s overwhelming the videos he has and I can’t find the right ones but I’ll post what I can find that kinda sums it up.

So he suggests that we stay on code and implement our own personal codes in his book at his site ↪🔗. He’s been around since Elijah Muhummad, he’s like 93 or 95.

🔗

🔗

🔗

🔗

A lot of hip-hop cartoons to illustrate why rappers do what they do and why the gangsta image is promoted!

🔗

🔗

Last edited by Not Here; 03-03-2024 at 11:44 AM..
+5   

1 month ago '13        #14
 Not Here said 🔗
He was Dr. Frances Cress Welsing’s Mentor also. Whenever you hear the term “stay on code” that came from Neely Fuller Jr. It’s overwhelming the videos he has and I can’t find the right ones but I’ll post what I can find that kinda sums it up.

So he suggests that we stay on code and implement our own personal codes in his book at his site ↪🔗. He’s been around since Elijah Muhummad, he’s like 93 or 95.

↪🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

A lot of hip-hop cartoons to illustrate why rappers do what they do and why the gangsta image is promoted!

↪🔗

↪🔗
Ima get into this. Salute
+3   

1 month ago '24        #15
 EZ Green said 🔗
Ima get into this. Salute
Good deal! No prob! Salute!
+1   

1 month ago '15        #16
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 8183 8 K  Slaps total: 385 385
I just feel like it’s a sign of the times. Majority of Consumers care to stream music than actually buy music. Been a usher fan since 8701 and I feel like this album wasn’t his best effort but bigger than that I’m one of the few fans of artist that at least buy songs off an album on iTunes and curate my own playlist. To most it’s cheaper to just pay a fee and rent music monthly instead of just buying albums from artist they actually like. And that right there is why we rarely hear any artist go platinum or even gold anymore it takes damn near half a decade now.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #17
Real 
Props total: 49325 49 K  Slaps total: 6972 6 K
News flash: the music business is a sinister sh1tty game that fu#ks artists. Always has. Joe is basically just playing dumb for content.

Long story short: Big time album sales isn't/shouldn't be the main goal anymore. It's a different time and a new day. Internet and streaming changed the game. Album sales aren't going to be what they once were and aren't even looked at the same anymore except for a very select few. This may be what Joe is getting at. You can get millions of streams but all we see and all it amounts to is "30,000 albums sold". "They" can more easily control who's going to be "the hottest" now with this new system while gatekeeping the rest.

Artists and fans alike are still playing catch up and like anything else there's pros and cons to it all. "Fans" are still way too caught up in the old hypebeast popularity contest sh1t to fully understand and adapt.

That's the "cons" in a nutshell.

The pros:

Underground/independent grind>>>>>>

No more taking fu#ked up deals. Build your fan base. Sell directly to them. fu#k the middle man. This is where the "real music heads" will find the majority of the real talent and music they love. Ski1led artists just focused on the art and craft and using it to build their brand. Only take a deal when "they" finally realize they need you and offer you the perfect situation and bag. Until then: fu#k em. Make your music and make your money without needing the acknowledgement of the masses, billboard, fake a$s awards etc...

"Real fans" need to wake the fu#k up and catch up to this asap. Stop thriving on gossip and hate and start digging, listening, appreciating, and supporting all this talent out here without needing "their" spoon-feeding and approval first.

Majority of "fans" may be too fickle, lazy, and ignorant for this though.

Just my take.

Last edited by Real; 03-03-2024 at 12:45 PM..
+7   

1 month ago '04        #18
EmpTClip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2853 2 K  Slaps total: 291 291
Either they're cooking the books or this new form of music DSPs is inefficient at making a profit from the consumer.

1 month ago '17        #19
jbyudah 
Props total: 7510 7 K  Slaps total: 880 880
 Real said 🔗
News flash: the music business is a sinister sh1tty game that fu#ks artists. Always has. Joe is basically just playing dumb for content.

Long story short: Big time album sales isn't/shouldn't be the main goal anymore. It's a different time and a new day. Internet and streaming changed the game. Album sales aren't going to be what they once were and aren't even looked at the same anymore except for a very select few. This may be what Joe is getting at. You can get millions of streams but all we see and all it amounts to is "30,000 albums sold". "They" can more easily control who's going to be "the hottest" now with this new system while gatekeeping the rest.

Artists and fans alike are still playing catch up and like anything else there's pros and cons to it all. "Fans" are still way too caught up in the old hypebeast popularity contest sh1t to fully understand and adapt.

That's the "cons" in a nutshell.

The pros:

Underground/independent grind>>>>>>

No more taking fu#ked up deals. Build your fan base. Sell directly to them. fu#k the middle man. This is where the "real music heads" will find the majority of the real talent and music they love. Ski1led artists just focused on the art and craft and using it to build their brand. Only take a deal when "they" finally realize they need you and offer you the perfect situation and bag. Until then: fu#k em. Make your music and make your money without needing the acknowledgement of the masses, billboard, fake a$s awards etc...

"Real fans" need to wake the fu#k up and catch up to this asap. Stop thriving on gossip and hate and start digging, listening, appreciating, and supporting all this talent out here without needing "their" spoon-feeding and approval first.

Majority of "fans" may be too fickle, lazy, and ignorant for this though.

Just my take.
This really sums it up.

Lowkey dont listen to Joe Budden complaining.

He's a rapper from the bling era which is when labels were signing everyone because they didnt understand the rap market yet and wanted to figure out how to bottle lightning.

back then labels did everything for you and also owned all the avenues you would be promoted on.

back then n1ggas was happy getting 50k advances not knowing they were worth millions, not understanding the sheer amount of things being done for them.

people arent that ignorant anymore and media is decentralized.

being on TV and on the cover of magazines doesnt guarantee sh1t anymore and labels know that, which is why they fake streams and lobby for only independent artists to get punished for it to eliminate competition.

its not that people dont buy music anymore,

its more so that creating a relationship with your listeners is paramount.

sh1t, I still buy old hiphop vinyls of my favorite artists.

keyword: favorite.

just being visible isnt enough anymore and that makes the old industry panic because guess what?

anyone with a tiktok can be a celebrity now.

so now if people dont like your brand, you're just as vulnerable to failure as anyone else.

Last edited by jbyudah; 03-03-2024 at 01:11 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '17        #20
jbyudah 
Props total: 7510 7 K  Slaps total: 880 880
 EmpTClip said 🔗
Either they're cooking the books or this new form of music DSPs is inefficient at making a profit from the consumer.
Spotify struggles to stay profitable because their business model is licensing music from major labels. they literally have to finesse to keep their lights on

(as in, paying indie artists less and participate in excusing fake streams from majors)

Apple and Tidal pay artists more because they can afford to since music isnt their only business.
+2   

1 month ago '21        #21
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 34480 34 K  Slaps total: 15605 15 K
 Not Here said 🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

↪🔗

Sheesh...I just watch one, and thats a Hard pill to swallow for alot of folks!
This the type of ish that lives in your head but never leaves your mouth!
This that Charlston White type of Truth-Telling!

emoji
+1   

1 month ago '10        #22
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x125
Props total: 188345 188 K  Slaps total: 19205 19 K
it aint deep. when people go to a show they wanna sing along to the familiar old stuff that they know, not the new stuff you just put out
+2   

1 month ago '21        #23
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 34480 34 K  Slaps total: 15605 15 K
Superbowl Spectators arent necessarily Usher fans so to expect huge Album sales from his performance shows how Detached and Delusional that sentiment is if anyone expected otherwise, especially in this digital era...

1 month ago '12        #24
TRILL SH1T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 32878 32 K  Slaps total: 5128 5 K
yea i’ll expand on it… Many black musician don’t own sh1t, many millionaires and billionaires the culture made but the culture is still enslaved by old men who could give too sh1ts about you. We don’t own our own masters, streaming services, labels … none if it

So now you see a bunch of artist sitting around confused like “what happened?”

you were undisciplined, short-sighted, and unwilling to sacrifice, they waved those contracts in front of you and you signed without a care in the world … that’s what happened

now the physical media isn’t selling and you’re all fu#ked, gotta do those 100 show dates now and hike those ticket prices to the moon — why do you think some older artist are cashing out selling their discographies the game as we knew it is FINISHED

Last edited by TRILL SH1T; 03-03-2024 at 02:01 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '19        #25
Number5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21413 21 K  Slaps total: 13296 13 K
 EmpTClip said 🔗
There's not nearly as much money in streaming as there was in physical albums. That's the truth. Also, the industry doesn't have nearly as much control over what people listen to like they did before streaming, so the listening behavior that generates revenue is spread all over the place to the point that music that came out decades ago is able to get a much bigger slice of the pie than ever before.

There's no new conspiracies in the music business. It's just that streaming doesn't pay as much as physicals and it's much harder to control listening behavior compared to radio/tv because people can easily choose what they stream so the money that does get generated will be spread thinly compared to 20 years ago.

And it really should be common sense that getting someone to pay 10 bucks a month to listen to unlimited songs or even do it for free with a few ads is gonna be less lucrative than getting them to pay 12 bucks to listen to an album with 15 songs.

Last edited by Number5; 03-03-2024 at 02:13 PM..
+5   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2219
audio inside Drake-Drop And Gimme 50 Lyrics
257 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+2216
logo 4/13 @ 6PM EST: UFC 300 in Vegas - Gaethje v Holloway; Zhang v Yan; Pereir..
2057 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+5411
audio inside Drake Diss? (Leak)
796 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-2811
Image(s) inside Keenan Ivory Wayans was really piping Britney Daniels