online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

James Gunn Reveals New Title Of Superman Film

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1354 page views
44 comments

Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58
Props total: 105438 105 K  Slaps total: 17869 17 K
James Gunn Reveals New Title Of Superman Film

IG
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
44 comments

2 months ago '11        #2
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
Props total: 81773 81 K  Slaps total: 9570 9 K
#DCMAFIA

@🔗 @🔗
@dirtyalphaman
@docviticus
@🔗
@🔗
@aces up @🔗 @🔗
@90svibe
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@ezduzit
@brazidizzle
@🔗 @🔗 @🔗 @🔗 @🔗kush
@🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗
@🔗@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@🔗 @🔗 @🔗
@🔗 @🔗 @🔗
@🔗
@🔗
@mr. mdz @🔗
@🔗 @🔗 @🔗
+4   

2 months ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 128721 128 K  Slaps total: 8387 8 K
Where's the title name?
+6   

2 months ago '07        #4
theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x586
Props total: 314106 314 K  Slaps total: 44408 44 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said 🔗
Where's the title name?

+4   

2 months ago '18        #5
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58 OP
For anyone who missed it, Otis was confirmed to be in in the film some weeks back

+1   

2 months ago '05        #6
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 162071 162 K  Slaps total: 16495 16 K
Simple and effective.

But I do hope the actual film lives up to standard set by Man of Steel to showcase Superman and his powers.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #7
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 104363 104 K  Slaps total: 14249 14 K
they bringing henry cavill back or what?

2 months ago '05        #8
 Stuart Scott said 🔗
they bringing henry cavill back or what?
Nah, but they got a look a like though

David Corenswet

+1   

2 months ago '16        #9
Clever Endeavor 
Props total: 9036 9 K  Slaps total: 243 243
Got my dude Edi Gathegi playing Mr. Terrific in the movie
emoji

+10   

2 months ago '18        #10
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗
Simple and effective.

But I do hope the actual film lives up to standard set by Man of Steel to showcase Superman and his powers.
I'd have to disagree. Superman 78 is the standard. I rock with MoS tho, cool film.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #11
MOTTAFOOKAH 
Props total: 8707 8 K  Slaps total: 1394 1 K
This sh1t here is gonna make or break Zaslov

2 months ago '05        #12
 Pastor Ra said 🔗
I'd have to disagree. Superman 78 is the standard. I rock with MoS tho, cool film.
For showcasing his "powers" properly, Richard Donner's Superman is extremely outdated by today's standard.

People complain Superman is overpowered, well MOS highlighted that by leveling half a city fighting other Kryptonians.

As far as how Superman himself is portrayed, we will have to agree to disagree on that one. The 1978 Superman was cool when I was like 10, but I prefer the more edgy/conflicted version as an adult
emoji
+10   

2 months ago '20        #13
Juice84 
Props total: 530 530  Slaps total: 43 43
Getting older, I am looking forward to more MCU or DC films/ shows that are more grounded in reality like Daredevil, Punisher, The Penguin, Batman, etc.

However, I will give this film a shot when it comes out. James Gunn I can see really loves comic books and I don`t think he would restart DC over without having a great plan in place. Best of luck to him.
+6   

2 months ago '12        #14
Klasicktha1 
Props total: 18104 18 K  Slaps total: 3664 3 K
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗
For showcasing his "powers" properly, Richard Donner's Superman is extremely outdated by today's standard.

People complain Superman is overpowered, well MOS highlighted that by leveling half a city fighting other Kryptonians.

As far as how Superman himself is portrayed, we will have to agree to disagree on that one. The 1978 Superman was cool when I was like 10, but I prefer the more edgy/conflicted version as an adult
emoji
I recently watched Superman 78 again after not watching it since I was a kid and to be honest it's a corny lol. Nothing really interesting happens in that movie and the only good thing about it is Christopher Reeve but part 2 at least had a more interesting story with Zod. It's time to get away from the whole Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve version and do something new or face the same fate as trash a$s Superman Returns did
+3   

2 months ago '18        #15
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗

emoji
Power scaling is superficial and just 1 aspect that easily accomplished.

Characterization, earned rewards, interactions, and true conflict is storytelling that MoS really lacks. I can break that film down multiple ways as to why just characterization of a Pa Kent is just lacking.

It is not the standard just because power scaling which is a surface level, visual, element for fanservice.

That is the difference. You value visual and destruction accuracy for power scaling.

I value basic storytelling and being a competent writer.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #16
I'll keep it a buck. I see the DC Twitter community get excited and have all this discourse over

- where the cape is tucked
- trunks or no trunks
- logo/symbol

I will never get it. All this stock in visuals and most of these ppl can't even tell you the simple storytelling decisions. All they know is visual and power scaling bs.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #17
 Pastor Ra said 🔗
Power scaling is superficial and just 1 aspect that easily accomplished.

Characterization, earned rewards, interactions, and true conflict is storytelling that MoS really lacks. I can break that film down multiple ways as to why just characterization of a Pa Kent is just lacking.

It is not the standard just because power scaling which is a surface level, visual, element for fanservice.

That is the difference. You value visual and destruction accuracy for power scaling.

I value basic storytelling and being a competent writer.
Well even the story from that film from 46 years ago is outdated and hokey for today's standard, if we keeping it real.

I love Batman 89 and Batman Returns, but even I wouldn't want to see the same characterization of that character or tropes from those films. I prefer what I saw in The Batman.

I'll also be curious when was the last time you actually watch those Superman films from the 70's and 80's
emoji

Because there is some revisionist history, mis-remembering at play here with your comments.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #18
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗
Well even the story from that film from 46 years ago is outdated and hokey for today's standard, if we keeping it real.

I love Batman 89 and Batman Returns, but even I wouldn't want to see the same characterization of that character or tropes from those films. I prefer what I saw in The Batman.

I'll also be curious when was the last time you actually watch those Superman films from the 70's and 80's
emoji

Because there is some revisionist history, mis-remembering at play here with your comments.
There is a difference between characterization and matching the goofiness of the times.

There is nothing goofy about loyalty, Eve and Otis being foils to each other, character dynamics.

This is what I mean by surface level perception. You are stuck on aesthetic and mixing it up with characterization.

Capturing the spirit of what is Clark is that through the simplest examples, he doesn't even have to give a speech to provide optimism.

He acts. Simple as that, but MoS couldn't even get that little part right.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #19
Klasicktha1 
Props total: 18104 18 K  Slaps total: 3664 3 K
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗

emoji

I agree and The main reason why the Superman movies can't get off the ground or even given the chance is because the general audience is too stuck on the 78' version as if that's the only version ever and anything slightly different they immediately dismiss it. MOS was a very good Superman movie flaws and all!! That 1978 version would feel like a comedy if done today and as much shyt as MOS gets for being different it was at interesting to see where I could've went I rather would see the continued evolution of that version than whatever we get now

Last edited by Klasicktha1; 02-29-2024 at 07:01 PM..

2 months ago '05        #20
 Pastor Ra said 🔗
There is a difference between characterization and matching the goofiness of the times.

There is nothing goofy about loyalty, Eve and Otis being foils to each other, character dynamics.

This is what I mean by surface level perception. You are stuck on aesthetic and mixing it up with characterization.

Capturing the spirit of what is Clark is that through the simplest examples, he doesn't even have to give a speech to provide optimism.

He acts. Simple as that, but MoS couldn't even get that little part right.
It's fine line though, even Marvel gave Captain America some edge to him. He wasn't just a complete boy scout. That's why it worked.

I'm fine with a little of the old school Superman and values, but alot causals and even hardcore comic heads already don't like Superman for a variety of reasons.

There is has to be some relatability on some level with today's audiences if they want Superman and this DC thing to succeed and even with it's faults MOS was a good building block, they just fu#ked up by not building on it properly.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #21
knotmydayever 
Props total: 1867 1 K  Slaps total: 122 122
 Pastor Ra said 🔗
For anyone who missed it, Otis was confirmed to be in in the film some weeks back

That was what made Hackman’s Luther work- a true moron to play off of- Ned Betty was great in that role.

2 months ago '18        #22
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗
It's fine line though, even Marvel gave Captain America some edge to him. He wasn't just a complete boy scout. That's why it worked.

I'm fine with a little of the old school Superman and values, but alot causals and even hardcore comic heads already don't like Superman for a variety of reasons.

There is has to be some relatability on some level with today's audiences if they want Superman and this DC thing to succeed and even with it's faults MOS was a good building block, they just fu#ked up by not building on it properly.
Clark can have edge and still be a symbol of hope. Just by showing restraint in a time where you have to break.

The gentle giants and Gods have always been shown to have edge and grace at the same time in fiction. Some writers just struggle to find that balance and get too edgy.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #23
 Klasicktha1 said 🔗
I agree and The main reason why the Superman movies can't get off the ground or even given the chance is because the general audience is too stuck on the 78' version as if that's the only version ever and anything slightly different they immediately dismiss it. MOS was a very good Superman movie flaws and all!! That 1978 version would feel like a comedy if done today and as much shyt as MOS gets for being different it was at interesting to see where I could've went I rather would see the continued evolution of that version than whatever we get now
The irony with you still holding onto MoS as the standard and bitter whenever someone talks about its holes and flaws
emoji
+1   

2 months ago '22        #24
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43150 43 K  Slaps total: 3336 3 K
Superman reboot every decade it feels like

2 months ago '20        #25
one2remember3 
Props total: 18643 18 K  Slaps total: 1982 1 K
they reboot because they never wanna do the doomsday scene. and they damn sure dont wanna actually do all them different supermen when

+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Apr 20 - US Senate votes to reauthorize surveillance program, Biden to sign sw..
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props-4718
Video inside Popular Memphis rappers just got k*lled NSFW
286 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+7613
Video inside Snoops checks Drake about that bullsh1t