online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Nintendo Switch 2 Leak: Specs, Power, Pricing, and Nvidia's Console Ambitions!

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 months ago '04        #1
1396 page views
25 comments

CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28151 28 K  Slaps total: 4902 4 K
icon Nintendo Switch 2 Leak: Specs, Power, Pricing, and Nvidia's Console Ambitions!

YT
+7   

icon
best
icon
worst
25 comments

3 months ago '22        #2
God Bless You 
Props total: 29112 29 K  Slaps total: 24675 24 K
Slapped for no summary
+9   

3 months ago '23        #3
Typewriter 
Props total: 8772 8 K  Slaps total: 5951 5 K
I think we might have one more "PC" type console generation, but after that, if not sooner "consoles" are all going to be dockable handhelds.

In about 3 to 4 years we're going to look back on the switch as a turning point for the video game industry.

That NVidia joint gonna be crazy
+7   

3 months ago '16        #4
Quinn 
Props total: 20402 20 K  Slaps total: 3674 3 K
another Random W for PC
emoji
+4   

3 months ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124624 124 K  Slaps total: 48369 48 K
Day one whenever

3 months ago '05        #6
240sx 
Props total: 13788 13 K  Slaps total: 2247 2 K

3 months ago '12        #7
Bazileus 
Props total: 16243 16 K  Slaps total: 3606 3 K
So they sitting on already dated tech to still release it later.

I hope nintendo understands there is way more competition now.

Now on is there pc gaming handhelds but sony and microsoft bout to drop handhelds with some nice specs. Then the next stream deck should be nice too. Nintendo usually sees less success when they the preceding console is highly successful.
+2   

3 months ago '20        #8
one2remember3 
Props total: 18993 18 K  Slaps total: 2010 2 K
why yall ignoring cloud gaming man. i hand my son my phone he can play all cept nintendo sh1t. and i mean all if nintendo would consider it and let the console go. it would be fu#kin over
+1   

3 months ago '18        #9
VIMAN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7401 7 K  Slaps total: 652 652
 Typewriter said 🔗
I think we might have one more "PC" type console generation, but after that, if not sooner "consoles" are all going to be dockable handhelds.

In about 3 to 4 years we're going to look back on the switch as a turning point for the video game industry.

PlayStation will be the last of a dying breed. Ps6 might be the last full fledged console

3 months ago '23        #10
IversonToWebber  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17313 17 K  Slaps total: 12658 12 K
And will still require memory cards
emoji

3 months ago '07        #11
jhj26  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5218 5 K  Slaps total: 1285 1 K
The “Detox” of consoles

3 months ago '19        #12
Silky Johnson 
Props total: 4925 4 K  Slaps total: 704 704
Nintendo sucks.

3 months ago '17        #13
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 37517 37 K  Slaps total: 3065 3 K
Only way they can improve is hardware related and not cosmetics.

But even then.. nintendo has stated they aren't in the graphics business or really care... so what new innovation could the second iteration even have to get excited about?

I need someone to tell me, what is so desperately needed that there needs to be a switch 2?
+2   

3 months ago '04        #14
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 7586 7 K  Slaps total: 890 890
Yeah just get a windows handheld you can play everything. This is why Nintendo suing the emulator for switch...

🔗

🔗

🔗

🔗

+3   

3 months ago '22        #15
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 123383 123 K  Slaps total: 32053 32 K
 Typewriter said 🔗

Y'all severely underestimate how many people just like to sit and play... Y'all make terrible takes like this every generation.

3 months ago '22        #16
GUIDE 
Props total: 4118 4 K  Slaps total: 877 877
Its great that the guy mentioned at the end how AMD actually dominates gaming hardware when considering all platform devices.

Continue reading if you want to learn or maybe even be reminded of technical details that are extremely important when it comes to gaming and beyond that.

There is a reason why 99% of the best mini PCs, gaming handhelds, every Xbox Series X and Series S, every PS5 and a few previous console generations all use AMD APUs (CPU+GPU=APU). Meanwhile Nintendo went with Nvidia for the Switch.

AMD GPUs have a long history of outperforming Nvidia on average for raw, rasterization processing power. What that is referring to is not all the ray tracing, DLSS sh1t, but the core of what we visually see and can control/move/manipulate in video games.

The reason why Nvidia have the advantage with ray tracing, rescaling like with DLSS is because they keep choosing to sacrifice raw rasterization hardware in the real estate of their GPUs architecture for more hardware to offer an increased capability for ray tracing tasks and sh1t like rescaling with DLSS. For the same reason, revolving around there is only so much room or silicone real estate to allocate specific processing capability on conventionally sized GPUs is also why the most capable Nvidia GPUs are fu#kin massive.

Due to most local AI and NLP model processing tasks typically being geared to be able to take advantage of the same hardware that also accommodates things like ray tracing and DLSS is partly the reason why Nvidia GPUs have so much support, and are so popular with most AI and NLP models. The other part of the reason is also why most gamers still rock with Nvidia, and thats because most gamers and people fu#kin around with AI and NLP models as a hobby simply dont know enough about wtf theyre doing and how sh1t works.

There is completely tech illiterate or basically grandma status, and then there is the category of being able to use tech, but not having much understanding about how it works, and thats where vast majority of Nvidia and also Apple users are. Both companies target the tech illiterate...Dont just take my word about that, here is the CEO of Nvidia saying it.

As for Apple, here is more of an in depth perspective about their hardware. Why its sh1t and shedding more light on why I said Apple also targets the tech illiterate. This is someone who has been repairing computers and phones for several years. In the video they explain and show just how inferior, problematic and fu#ked up the hardware of Apple products are.

🔗

So its typical for most people with Apple and Nvida products to be tech illiterate. But if youre still somehow in denial and you really dig Nvidia and Apple products, then I have a question about a word. If youre not tech illiterate, this word shouldnt be difficult and it sure the fu#k wouldnt be the first time youve seen it...are you familiar with what a chiplet is? I'll bet you'll have to Google that sh1t, but the reason I brought up chiplets is because it goes back to what I mentioned about there only being so much room for processing hardware with conventional sized GPUs and CPUs. Chiplets arent conventional architecture. Its basically stacked layers of processing hardware, which wouldnt necessarily have the same space and silicone real estate limitations when compared to conventional architecture of GPUs and CPUs.

It isnt Nvidia thats paving the way with chiplet architecture either, its AMD. And ultimately I can explain if anyone wants the details, but if youre thinking of buying or upgrading a graphics card, dont bother with Nvidia. The only exception is if you're willing to pay a ridiculous price for the largest cards that can brute force through what even entry level AMD cards dont have issues with, but entry to mid level Nvidia cards typically do.

Tech tards all over the net point the finger at game devs for every issue they encounter, meanwhile vast majority of them have low to mid Nvidia cards and since theyre tech tards that couldnt possibly be the reason why. It actually is though. I have a mid ranged AMD card and Ive never experienced one damn issue with any game that the tards with low to mid level Nvidia cards encounter. Ive also thoroughly researched this and verified that what Im saying is completely true.

So if youre going to rock with Nvidia, then only go for the largest and priciest cards they offer. That way youre not getting something pricey that traded more raw processing power and rasterization hardware for CUDA and other horsesh1t that is all about polishing turds with video games.

Even if youre interested in fu#kin around with local AI and NLP models, AMD cards can actually be used. Support for them is gaining more traction and convenience too, but according to most people fu#king around with local AI and NLP models who post sh1t online believe that cant be done. Theyre ignorant and wrong.

It all goes back to what is a lot like there being 80% of people pretending like theyre mechanics and racecar drivers, because they changed a fuse and the vehicle they use goes vroom while they see sh1t increasing on the cluster panel when stepping on the pedal, and also that it still gets them from point A to B. Meanwhile thats thanks to engineers, autoshops and actual mechanics. There is a difference between using a product, along with seeing performance figures and actually having some understanding of how it works.

Consider sh1t like this, do your own homework, research to better understand, and get more technical experience with technology is what I'd recommend anyone doing more of. All of that is worth advocating, not just through the lens concerning gaming either, because this is the digital age that just keeps getting more and more technologically advanced. But how many people have even a vague understanding of how the technology theyve been using various generations of throughout their whole life actually works? Not many in contrast to what is literally billions of people that can operate tech to a degree, but are oblivious how the tech works. For quite awhile has been the easiest its ever been to not be just another tech tard out here that has more in common with most grandmas out here than theyre aware of.

🔗

Something to think about, but people can scroll right past this and pretend like nobody on Boxden could possibly be aware of a whole lot they could, but in all likelihood dont.
+2   

3 months ago '23        #17
Typewriter 
 Murderers said 🔗
Y'all severely underestimate how many people just like to sit and play... Y'all make terrible takes like this every generation.
You can sit and play with a dockable handheld…that’s the whole point. The plan is the expand the player experience without taking anything away.

3 months ago '22        #18
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 123383 123 K  Slaps total: 32053 32 K
 Typewriter said 🔗
You can sit and play with a dockable handheld…
That works for Nintendo because it's geared towards children. It's why my kids prefer the switch over the PS4 and 5 I got them.

3 months ago '23        #19
Typewriter 
 Murderers said 🔗
That works for Nintendo because it's geared towards children. It's why my kids prefer the switch over the PS4 and 5 I got them.
Right but that’s because they choose to make those simple games that are accessible to children.

Sony and Microsoft and wh0ever will continue to make the same more adult-oriented games on these new hybrid consoles.

The performance and quality will remain basically the same, likely better. You’ll just be able to take the console with you if you want.

3 months ago '04        #20
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 7586 7 K  Slaps total: 890 890
 GUIDE said 🔗
Its great that the guy mentioned at the end how AMD actually dominates gaming hardware when considering all platform devices.

Continue reading if you want to learn or maybe even be reminded of technical details that are extremely important when it comes to gaming and beyond that.

There is a reason why 99% of the best mini PCs, gaming handhelds, every Xbox Series X and Series S, every PS5 and a few previous console generations all use AMD APUs (CPU+GPU=APU). Meanwhile Nintendo went with Nvidia for the Switch.

AMD GPUs have a long history of outperforming Nvidia on average for raw, rasterization processing power. What that is referring to is not all the ray tracing, DLSS sh1t, but the core of what we visually see and can control/move/manipulate in video games.

The reason why Nvidia have the advantage with ray tracing, rescaling like with DLSS is because they keep choosing to sacrifice raw rasterization hardware in the real estate of their GPUs architecture for more hardware to offer an increased capability for ray tracing tasks and sh1t like rescaling with DLSS. For the same reason, revolving around there is only so much room or silicone real estate to allocate specific processing capability on conventionally sized GPUs is also why the most capable Nvidia GPUs are fu#kin massive.

Due to most local AI and NLP model processing tasks typically being geared to be able to take advantage of the same hardware that also accommodates things like ray tracing and DLSS is partly the reason why Nvidia GPUs have so much support, and are so popular with most AI and NLP models. The other part of the reason is also why most gamers still rock with Nvidia, and thats because most gamers and people fu#kin around with AI and NLP models as a hobby simply dont know enough about wtf theyre doing and how sh1t works.

There is completely tech illiterate or basically grandma status, and then there is the category of being able to use tech, but not having much understanding about how it works, and thats where vast majority of Nvidia and also Apple users are. Both companies target the tech illiterate...Dont just take my word about that, here is the CEO of Nvidia saying it.

↪🔗

As for Apple, here is more of an in depth perspective about their hardware. Why its sh1t and shedding more light on why I said Apple also targets the tech illiterate. This is someone who has been repairing computers and phones for several years. In the video they explain and show just how inferior, problematic and fu#ked up the hardware of Apple products are.

↪🔗

So its typical for most people with Apple and Nvida products to be tech illiterate. But if youre still somehow in denial and you really dig Nvidia and Apple products, then I have a question about a word. If youre not tech illiterate, this word shouldnt be difficult and it sure the fu#k wouldnt be the first time youve seen it...are you familiar with what a chiplet is? I'll bet you'll have to Google that sh1t, but the reason I brought up chiplets is because it goes back to what I mentioned about there only being so much room for processing hardware with conventional sized GPUs and CPUs. Chiplets arent conventional architecture. Its basically stacked layers of processing hardware, which wouldnt necessarily have the same space and silicone real estate limitations when compared to conventional architecture of GPUs and CPUs.

It isnt Nvidia thats paving the way with chiplet architecture either, its AMD. And ultimately I can explain if anyone wants the details, but if youre thinking of buying or upgrading a graphics card, dont bother with Nvidia. The only exception is if you're willing to pay a ridiculous price for the largest cards that can brute force through what even entry level AMD cards dont have issues with, but entry to mid level Nvidia cards typically do.

Tech tards all over the net point the finger at game devs for every issue they encounter, meanwhile vast majority of them have low to mid Nvidia cards and since theyre tech tards that couldnt possibly be the reason why. It actually is though. I have a mid ranged AMD card and Ive never experienced one damn issue with any game that the tards with low to mid level Nvidia cards encounter. Ive also thoroughly researched this and verified that what Im saying is completely true.

So if youre going to rock with Nvidia, then only go for the largest and priciest cards they offer. That way youre not getting something pricey that traded more raw processing power and rasterization hardware for CUDA and other horsesh1t that is all about polishing turds with video games.

Even if youre interested in fu#kin around with local AI and NLP models, AMD cards can actually be used. Support for them is gaining more traction and convenience too, but according to most people fu#king around with local AI and NLP models who post sh1t online believe that cant be done. Theyre ignorant and wrong.

It all goes back to what is a lot like there being 80% of people pretending like theyre mechanics and racecar drivers, because they changed a fuse and the vehicle they use goes vroom while they see sh1t increasing on the cluster panel when stepping on the pedal, and also that it still gets them from point A to B. Meanwhile thats thanks to engineers, autoshops and actual mechanics. There is a difference between using a product, along with seeing performance figures and actually having some understanding of how it works.

Consider sh1t like this, do your own homework, research to better understand, and get more technical experience with technology is what I'd recommend anyone doing more of. All of that is worth advocating, not just through the lens concerning gaming either, because this is the digital age that just keeps getting more and more technologically advanced. But how many people have even a vague understanding of how the technology theyve been using various generations of throughout their whole life actually works? Not many in contrast to what is literally billions of people that can operate tech to a degree, but are oblivious how the tech works. For quite awhile has been the easiest its ever been to not be just another tech tard out here that has more in common with most grandmas out here than theyre aware of.

↪🔗

Something to think about, but people can scroll right past this and pretend like nobody on Boxden could possibly be aware of a whole lot they could, but in all likelihood dont.
All I know its a wrap for intel. AMD got the cpu/gpu integrated market on lock. I would say Nvidia not going anywhere. Nvidia had great devices outside their stellar gpu line. I had both the shield and shield tablet and they were def ahead of their time.. Nvidia cloud been the sh1t even better than aws, google, and azure since it is gpu focused. AMD downfall will always be the driver issues. When I bough Legion go took them about a month to fix all the drivers issues... I returned and have seen bought it again when all the issues were fixed...
+1   

3 months ago '05        #21
Daddy Black 
Props total: 21704 21 K  Slaps total: 1893 1 K
Hardware is gonna for sure be garbage but the games will move units.

3 months ago '04        #22
tnice 
Props total: 44930 44 K  Slaps total: 1738 1 K

3 months ago '04        #23
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 28151 28 K  Slaps total: 4902 4 K
 God Bless You said 🔗
Slapped for no summary
You're on my sh1t list now...

God Bless.....

3 months ago '09        #24
Tiko377  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 22350 22 K  Slaps total: 2924 2 K
 THExTAKEOVER said 🔗
Only way they can improve is hardware related and not cosmetics.

But even then.. nintendo has stated they aren't in the graphics business or really care... so what new innovation could the second iteration even have to get excited about?

I need someone to tell me, what is so desperately needed that there needs to be a switch 2?
There needs to be a graphical leap not major but it needs to happen it’s showing its age on some titles like the new Pokémon game and I think the new Zelda game.

I would like the joy cons and buttons to be better maybe like the rog ally
+1   

3 months ago '17        #25
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 37517 37 K  Slaps total: 3065 3 K
 Tiko377 said 🔗
There needs to be a graphical leap not major but it needs to happen it’s showing its age on some titles like the new Pokémon game and I think the new Zelda game.

I would like the joy cons and buttons to be better maybe like the rog ally
That's about it though, but like I said in my og post..
Nintendo already said for decades that they don't care about graphics..... AT ALL!

Now if it was redesigned, that could account for making a second version. But other than a slight upgrade, I don't see them overhauling anything.

Which would make it a switch 1.5...not really anything to get hype about.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+7742
Rick Ross Responds To 50 Cent Clownin' Him For His Grape Bars
124 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+12930
Video inside Ex Husband Responds To Single Mom Who Baked Herself A Cake For Her Birt..
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside LOL FUNNIEST sh1t You ever seen in ya life!! "Under The Arm Challenge" ..
39 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo If you're a real NBA fan, you want to see Antman down 0-2
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports