online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

madame web......flops quicker than morbius opening weekend made $84 million

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '09        #1
493 page views
14 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106
Props total: 309017 309 K  Slaps total: 33613 33 K
icon madame web......flops quicker than morbius opening weekend made $84 million

https://screenrant.com/ma .. ening-weekend/

Madame Web Has Made Less In Two Weeks Than Morbius’ Opening Weekend

The SSU's Latest Movie Had The Franchise's Worst Opening Weekend

Madame Web's worldwide box office is still trailing behind Morbius' opening weekend. According to the specialized box office tracking website Box Office Mojo, Madame Web has brought in just $77.4 million worldwide following its first 12 days of release.

That means that the SSU's latest entry has failed to reach Morbius' global opening weekend, with the SSU movie having taken in $83.9 million during its 2022 debut.

The greatest contributor to Madame Web having not yet reached the numbers presented by its SSU predecessor's global opening weekend lies in Madame Web's poor debut

Despite needing around $200 million to recoup its costs, thanks to Madame Web's reported budget of around $100 million, the movie will not be able to reach that goal.

emoji
That was made evident from the start, when Madame Web broke the record for the worst domestic opening weekend of any Spider-Man-related movie with a soft $17.6 million debut.

Superhero movies have recently become mostly front-loaded releases at the box office, which means a sizable portion of the movie's numbers should come from its opening weekend.

Given its negative record, it makes sense that Madame Web is still behind Morbius' opening
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
14 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Lamel2g 
Props total: 20078 20 K  Slaps total: 2010 2 K
Should’ve been a direct-to-Netflix release.
+12   

1 month ago '05        #3
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 158231 158 K  Slaps total: 16948 16 K
I heard that the girls don't even dress up in the spider outfits? And that when they do it's just dream sequences?
emoji
+9   

1 month ago '22        #4
VINYLFANTASY 
Props total: 1342 1 K  Slaps total: 90 90
 Lamel2g said 🔗
Should’ve been shelved.
fixed it.
+4   

1 month ago '22        #5
Bzp 
Props total: 11564 11 K  Slaps total: 1587 1 K
I didn’t read comic books growing up, but you knew about all the cool superhero’s

They really need to stop all this woman sh1t, a mixed group like X-men is great to me. Well balanced, and crazy part is it’s not x people it’s x-men

1 month ago '10        #6
6.Yrs 
Props total: 45894 45 K  Slaps total: 2563 2 K
Ain’t this bish an old woman in the comics??

I’m pretty sure she was in the cartoon.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #7
Hurricane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6652 6 K  Slaps total: 1506 1 K
Hollywood going to eventually realize that these female led movies aren't selling.

Never really did.

Hopefully after they stop that this g@y sh1t in every movie ends.

But in reality the women sh1t would stop before the g@y sh1t and thats unfortunate.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #8
Simonsaid86 
Props total: 1373 1 K  Slaps total: 330 330
🔗

1 month ago '05        #9
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 158231 158 K  Slaps total: 16948 16 K
 6.Yrs said 🔗
Ain’t this bish an old woman in the comics??

I’m pretty sure she was in the cartoon.
Apparently Peter isn't born yet
emoji
+1   

1 month ago '05        #10
hitman80v2.0 
Props total: 1001 1 K  Slaps total: 29 29
Let's just call it what it is, a lot of these movies nobody is looking for because they are just a bunch of B and C list characters in the comics that aren't used often or at all to even build their own fan base so people aren't excited about them. Nobody asked for a movie about Morbius because most people don't remember him. Nobody asked for a movie about Madame Web and Kraven may end up getting the same treatment when it drops.

1 month ago '19        #11
jlem 
Props total: 22268 22 K  Slaps total: 657 657
I think the problem is that they're trying to push the female lead in everything.

Wonder Woman was cool because she's an established canon character. Everyone knows who Wonder Woman was.

Nowadays they're trying to do the same thing with lesser-known characters. This is inclusive of both DC and the MCU.

The Marvels, which wasn't a bad movie, seemed rushed without any real direction.

I haven't seen Madame Webbut it looks like it will suffer the same fate as the aforementioned.

I thought Morbius was a decent flick though. I was entertained and the storyline was decent. I think people just couldn't get with it because Morbius is a lesser-known character.

What also ki1ls these flicks are critics.

emoji

Negative reviews before a film releases to the public will always have damaging effects on the movie going populous.

That's why I tend to reserve judgment until I see the sh1t for myself.

emoji

1 month ago '16        #12
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 193549 193 K  Slaps total: 20839 20 K
 kriskross00 said 🔗
I heard that the girls don't even dress up in the spider outfits? And that when they do it's just dream sequences?
emoji
Yeah its ok movie but the villain is trying to get to them before the future happens. The fact that it flopped or didn't sell what people would like will make the movie get a lower rating than it should.

1 month ago '10        #13
papichulo23 
Props total: 709 709  Slaps total: 51 51
I actually went and saw it this weekend with my wife. We were the only people in an IMAX theater which was weird. The movie started off strong, but then became a bit of a mess a third of the way through. Too many plot holes, the girls really aren't shown in their suits except in dream sequences as mentioned above, and it really did feel rushed. I didn't hate the film, but I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone paying to go see this. Wait until it hits streaming and you have nothing else to watch on a random day
emoji

1 month ago '10        #14
6.Yrs 
Props total: 45894 45 K  Slaps total: 2563 2 K
 kriskross00 said 🔗
Apparently Peter isn't born yet
emoji
They wild for that.

Who the fu#k want to see a young madam web origin story with no Peter?
emoji

1 month ago '06        #15
Doe Sun 
Props total: 5081 5 K  Slaps total: 1183 1 K
Better than I expect. Thought at most $40mil.

Guess them gassing up that ceiling eye big t1tty bi#ch didn’t work.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2219
audio inside Drake-Drop And Gimme 50 Lyrics
257 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+2216
logo 4/13 @ 6PM EST: UFC 300 in Vegas - Gaethje v Holloway; Zhang v Yan; Pereir..
2057 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+5411
audio inside Drake Diss? (Leak)
796 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-2811
Image(s) inside Keenan Ivory Wayans was really piping Britney Daniels