online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Dame Dash says He Didnít Raise Kevin Hart To Do The Things He's Done...

icon

more
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

Why is Kevin Harts name being dragged through the mud?
People just hating because he's so successful 75 51.72%
He's a sell-out 70 48.28%
Voters: 145.   (BX member poll)

2 months ago '06        #1
3971 page views
89 comments

Dead Prezidents  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3945 3 K  Slaps total: 420 420
icon Dame Dash says He Didnít Raise Kevin Hart To Do The Things He's Done...

Dame Dash Explains Why He Wouldnít Produce ĎSoul Plane,í Calls Out Kevin Hart For Lack Of Support

Dame Dash never hesitates to call out someone he deems worthy of criticism, recently revealing why he didnít work on the 2004 film Soul Plane and name dropping Kevin Hart for not supporting his ventures.

ďThey had asked me to produce Soul Plane and I got offended because I donít like white people making money off making fun of us,Ē he told Math Hoffa during a recent interview. Hoffa ech0ed his sentiment, stating ďI could never feel comfortable sitting in a movie theater watching people laugh at us.Ē

Dash used the opportunity to call out the movieís protagonist, Hart, reiterating the fact that he gave him opportunities before he was famous. ďAnyone who interviews Kev, and heíll say it: Dame put me in my first movie. [Ask him] why you wonít post his sh*t?Ē he said.

Dame Dash accuses people of stealing his ideas and says he refused to produce the movie 'Soul Plane' because he didn't want white people to make money by making fun of Black people. pic.twitter.com/2ipIKmjACZ

Dame continued his rant by addressing specific things Hart has done to promote his work. ďI wouldnít braid another manís hair on a billboard,Ē he said, referring to Hartís 2015 film Get Hard. ďI donít care if itís Will Ferrell. He has done things that I didnít raise him to do but he has a different kind of comedy.Ē

The entrepreneur clarified that his comments didnít come from a place of judgment, but simply wishing that Hart would reciprocate the support.

ďIím not judging him, Iím just saying: repost my sh*t!Ē he exclaimed. ďI was never mad at him for doing anything heís done that I wouldnít do, and Iím not mad at him now. But it would be nice if anyone of yíall motherf**kers I put on would post my sh*t.Ē

Kevin Hart gave credit where credit was due during a 2021 episode of All The Smoke. ďIím at a comedy club, Dame just happens to be sitting in the comedy club, sees me perform,Ē he said. ďĎYo, that dude funny as sh*t, you wanna do a movie?í Paper Soldiers is the reason I got tapes, auditions, pilots.Ē

Dame Dash may have to wait longer to get the support he wants, but at least Hart isnít shy about paying his respects.

https://www.yahoo.com/ent .. 184255648.html

Man, Kevin Hart's name is being drug through the mud like crazy. Do ya'll think Kevin Hart's name is being dragged through the mud because he's successful or is it because he doesn't look out for the people who looked out for him. Or both?

What do ya'll think?
+6   

icon
best
icon
worst
89 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 51345 51 K  Slaps total: 1707 1 K
Like the article says, Kev pays his respects. Dame can’t expect him to repost his content or give him a shoutout everytime he wants.

It’s also hard to negotiate pay with big companies to post their content and then you turn around an post Dame for free.
+47   

2 months ago '22        #3
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 14737 14 K  Slaps total: 2212 2 K
I don’t care what nobody say man bruh’s “awww get the fu#k out!!!” had me DYING the first time I heard that sh1t:

🔗

emoji
emoji
emoji
+34   

2 months ago '06        #4
Dead Prezidents  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 Fresh Beats said 🔗
Like the article says, Kev pays his respects. Dame canít expect him to repost his content or give him a shoutout everytime he wants.

Itís also hard to negotiate pay with big companies to post their content and then you turn around an post Dame for free.
This makes sense.
+6   

2 months ago '18        #5
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 97251 97 K  Slaps total: 32132 32 K
No hate I respect his dedication. He just isn’t funny too me
+28   

2 months ago '22        #6
God Bless You 
Props total: 28031 28 K  Slaps total: 23535 23 K
I’ve never heard anyone say Kevin don’t feed his people. He may be corny sometimes but the dude is solid
+25   

2 months ago '04        #7
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 47184 47 K  Slaps total: 7686 7 K
What dame got going on that make ppl wanna align themselves with voluntarily?
+20   

2 months ago '05        #8
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 43660 43 K  Slaps total: 4121 4 K
Dame stay bitter about something.
+44   

2 months ago '16        #9
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 107487 107 K  Slaps total: 19025 19 K
 Stupendamatic said 🔗
Dame stay bitter about something.
n1gga lack self awareness...he's becoming what he claims he hated a chatty patty
+29   

2 months ago '18        #10
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 144348 144 K  Slaps total: 8202 8 K
Bro sound like meek... why you won't post his sh1t lol n1gga... if your sh1t is weak why i gotta post it? If you out here wilding like Kanye why i gotta post it? I put you on... so I'm stuck fu#king with you and you doing fu#k sh1t? n1ggas go around looking for talent just to hold it over their heads that they put them on? I don't even fw kev like that. I stopped reading there at the he ain't post my sh1t... I'll read the rest. I feel him on the not supporting buffoonery sh1t...
+9   

2 months ago '22        #11
Haichiroku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14648 14 K  Slaps total: 5125 5 K
 Fresh Beats said 🔗
Like the article says, Kev pays his respects. Dame canít expect him to repost his content or give him a shoutout everytime he wants.

Itís also hard to negotiate pay with big companies to post their content and then you turn around an post Dame for free.
One of the things the SONY hack exposed was that Kevin Hart was charging the big dogs a lot of money to post to his audience on twitter.

2014-03-08 04:39:25 Kevin Hart 🔗 🔗 🔗

Kevin Hart
As I suspected, I got a call from Jeremy Zimmer today informing me that they feel that if we're going to expect and take advantage of Kevin's social media savvy that "they" feel there is a price to be paid for it which is above and beyond the 3M he was paid to do the film. Jeremy was very clear that Kevin would do the normal publicity asked of him like junket, tv shows, radio interviews, etc. however, the social media blitzkrieg would cost us. I told him I was in a big meeting but would call him back. I'm tempted to suggest we call his bluff. If his film does NOT perform it hurts his brand and we have his next 3 films. I'm not saying he's a wh0re, but he's a wh0re. Let's discuss in Tuesday's MPG mtg?
Sent from my iPhone

This is from a email chain that was made back at SONY and replied to by other top executives at SONY at the time. When it got leaked in the SONY HACK (when North Korea hacked SONY because they released that movie about the the NK leader) dropped, in that backdrop we got this message from Kevin...

🔗

Kevin was charged SONY 2 million dollars for two tweets back in 2014.

↪🔗

But Dame wants him to post his sh1t...for free in 2024?
emoji
+31   

2 months ago '06        #12
Dame said Kevin Hart "has done things that I didn't raise him to do"

That's pretty audacious and disrespectful. Acting like he raised him as a child. Dame just saw him on stage one day and hired him for a low-budget movie.
+47   

2 months ago '06        #13
 BrooklynDamien said 🔗
if your sh1t is weak why i gotta post it? If you out here wilding like Kanye why i gotta post it? I put you on... so I'm stuck fu#king with you and you doing fu#k sh1t? n1ggas go around looking for talent just to hold it over their heads that they put them on? I don't even fw kev like that. I stopped reading there at the he ain't post my sh1t... I'll read the rest. I feel him on the not supporting buffoonery sh1t...
I gotta agree with you 100%

When you look out for someone you shouldn't hold it over their head. They are not obligated to you now just bcuz you gave them they first job.

Also gotta agree with Dame on the buffoon stuff too. Never seen Soul Plane but always felt like it was some dumb stereotype "hip-hop" black comedy. An airplane with hydraulics? Ok, I'll pass

Nuff respect to anybody that likes that movie though.
+5   

2 months ago '18        #14
Dehone 
Props total: 107294 107 K  Slaps total: 7130 7 K
Ah, so putting nikkas in their first movie is raising them. White folks still laugh at us, regardless if we’re the ones owning the content or not. Does this nikka have any real businesses active? Too much “I won’t let another man buy me burger for my birthday because I’m the only man who controls my meat” Harlem nikka bullsh1t.

And Soul Plane was literally 90s and early 2000s black standup comedy troupes to a T. “Black president in the White House with pit bulls, wave caps, uncut grass, spinning rims on the secret service vehicles while we having BBQs and freaknik in the fountain” type sh1t. I would been literally the exact same thing had it been black controlled top to bottom.

Last edited by Dehone; 02-20-2024 at 05:40 PM..
+5   

2 months ago '13        #15
Route03X 
Props total: 20176 20 K  Slaps total: 1932 1 K
That title,the sh1t Dame be sayin is just
emoji
+6   

2 months ago '07        #16
killahkazi 
Props total: 21723 21 K  Slaps total: 2052 2 K
Lol, Dame saying he raised him. He just put him on and Kevin shows his respect. Outside of that, Kevin own's him nothing and Dame shouldn't expect anything else.
emoji
+6   

2 months ago '23        #17
Neothe1 
Props total: 4143 4 K  Slaps total: 2849 2 K
 Fresh Beats said 🔗

Yes it doesnt hurt to post a pic yall act like he saying do a movie for free
+1   

2 months ago '23        #18
Neothe1 
Props total: 4143 4 K  Slaps total: 2849 2 K
 BrooklynDamien said 🔗
Bro sound like meek... why you won't post his sh1t lol n1gga... if your sh1t is weak why i gotta post it? If you out here wilding like Kanye why i gotta post it? I put you on... so I'm stuck fu#king with you and you doing fu#k sh1t? n1ggas go around looking for talent just to hold it over their heads that they put them on? I don't even fw kev like that. I stopped reading there at the he ain't post my sh1t... I'll read the rest. I feel him on the not supporting buffoonery sh1t...
What fuk shyt is dame doing i dont get it
+2   

2 months ago '04        #19
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 51345 51 K  Slaps total: 1707 1 K
 Haichiroku said 🔗
One of the things the SONY hack exposed was that Kevin Hart was charging the big dogs a lot of money to post to his audience on twitter.

2014-03-08 04:39:25 Kevin Hart 🔗 🔗 🔗

Kevin Hart
As I suspected, I got a call from Jeremy Zimmer today informing me that they feel that if we're going to expect and take advantage of Kevin's social media savvy that "they" feel there is a price to be paid for it which is above and beyond the 3M he was paid to do the film. Jeremy was very clear that Kevin would do the normal publicity asked of him like junket, tv shows, radio interviews, etc. however, the social media blitzkrieg would cost us. I told him I was in a big meeting but would call him back. I'm tempted to suggest we call his bluff. If his film does NOT perform it hurts his brand and we have his next 3 films. I'm not saying he's a wh0re, but he's a wh0re. Let's discuss in Tuesday's MPG mtg?
Sent from my iPhone

This is from a email chain that was made back at SONY and replied to by other top executives at SONY at the time. When it got leaked in the SONY HACK (when North Korea hacked SONY because they released that movie about the the NK leader) dropped, in that backdrop we got this message from Kevin...

↪🔗

Kevin was charged SONY 2 million dollars for two tweets back in 2014.

↪🔗

But Dame wants him to post his sh1t...for free in 2024?
emoji
Thanks for posting. This is exactly what I was referencing.
+5   

2 months ago '14        #20
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 207136 207 K  Slaps total: 48372 48 K
Dame raised Kevin hart . By spotting him in a comedy club when he was well into his late 20s . And giving him a role in a straight to vhs movie that nobody remembers.

2 months ago '12        #21
sycomiko  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9488 9 K  Slaps total: 2586 2 K
He raised Kevin Hart?
emoji
damn man... Dame needs to stop doing interviews.
+7   

2 months ago '18        #22
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58
Props total: 105365 105 K  Slaps total: 17866 17 K
I've never seen that poster before. I will say, I remember trying this movie out and it was constant suspect sh1t. I had to drop it. I'd watch Will Ferrell films b4 and its never been that much fruit sh1t b4
+2   

2 months ago '15        #23
nola504  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16644 16 K  Slaps total: 2407 2 K
Idk how old this article is. Can’t bash dame unless this is a current article.

2 months ago '07        #24
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 120246 120 K  Slaps total: 11342 11 K
Str8 c00ning in that pic wit will Ferrell

emoji
+3   

2 months ago '20        #25
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 77902 77 K  Slaps total: 13526 13 K
How long is Kev supposed to be indebted to Dame? The majority of Kev primary audience saw 40 Year Old Virgin and Grown Little Man before Soul Plane

Edit: I mean Paper Soldiers

Last edited by Chozen; 02-20-2024 at 06:54 PM..
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props-4118
Article inside WELL DAMN...TikTok User Who Was Reporting On DIDDY & Jay-Z FREAK Offs..
123 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+358
Video inside Apr 15 - Ohio Uber driver k*lled by 81 year old man
118 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+856
Video inside Truth Hurts