online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Best Buy Officially Removes Physical Media From Stores

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '22        #1
1715 page views
45 comments

Rod Calhoun  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 6196 6 K  Slaps total: 1187 1 K
Best Buy Officially Removes Physical Media From Stores

IG
+7   

icon
best
icon
worst
45 comments

2 months ago '23        #2
blkmanisgod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17982 17 K  Slaps total: 3587 3 K
Blockbuster
+9   

2 months ago '15        #3
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 63720 63 K  Slaps total: 7258 7 K
eh....store lost its luster

its mostly half empty most days

if Micro Center had more stores they'd go the way of circuit city
+13   

2 months ago '04        #4
Twotwenty 
Props total: 15456 15 K  Slaps total: 1275 1 K
Best Buy is a store front for an online business at this point. Every time I go they never have anything in stock. Was looking for a water filter for the fridge and they told me they didn't have it but could order it for me online.
+23   

2 months ago '16        #5
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 17656 17 K  Slaps total: 6024 6 K
Honest question whens the last time you stepped foot inside a beat buy or frys or anything like that...

been over 10 years for me... everything is bought online and brought right to the door these days.

Its only old peope going into here stores or people who need something that second and cant do without it. That percentage is super low these days
+14   

2 months ago '15        #6
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 141252 141 K  Slaps total: 7990 7 K
 seatownslayer said 🔗
Honest question whens the last time you stepped foot inside a beat buy or frys or anything like that...

been over 10 years for me... everything is bought online and brought right to the door these days.

Its only old peope going into here stores or people who need something that second and cant do without it. That percentage is super low these days
sh1ts kinda sad how lazy we’ve become.
+19   

2 months ago '16        #7
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39460 39 K  Slaps total: 46059 46 K
Dunno about that.

Browsing is the most fun part of entering one.
+8   

2 months ago '23        #8
TokinJohnIsBack 
Props total: 4067 4 K  Slaps total: 363 363
 seatownslayer said 🔗

Bought my 75" TV and stand during the lockdown at BB but don't feel id ever need to go back again in life honestly
+5   

2 months ago '04        #9
collegeboy58 
Props total: 38005 38 K  Slaps total: 1813 1 K
 Twotwenty said 🔗
Best Buy is a store front for an online business at this point. Every time I go they never have anything in stock. Was looking for a water filter for the fridge and they told me they didn't have it but could order it for me online.
My Best Buy doesn’t have much on the shelves, everything is in the back. It’s interesting because they remodeled and intentionally made a big a$s warehouse.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #10
KingLogic 
Props total: 14429 14 K  Slaps total: 975 975
 seatownslayer said 🔗

I go every few months for an in-store pickup. Haven't been in a store just browse in forever, though. IMO, phones have taken away the need to waste that time.
+2   

2 months ago '13        #11
Fcl 
Props total: 2619 2 K  Slaps total: 156 156

Could be a way to cut cost or they’re making decisions base on how their stores are doing. One day every purchase will be done from online. It’ll create alternative jobs like being a hired shopper for people (already seen some jobs like this) and give everyone else the time to not worry about buying groceries.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #12
BlackJew 
Props total: 7617 7 K  Slaps total: 2434 2 K
 seatownslayer said 🔗

Black Friday. Bought an electric scooter.

I guess the geek in still likes to walk around looking at the newest electronics
+5   

2 months ago '16        #13
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 17656 17 K  Slaps total: 6024 6 K
The big reason I do my most all my shopping online is you can check to make sure you getting the lowest price for ant product you want and can see all the products available when stores only stock certain brands and once you there you wanna walk out with something instead of drive to another store to save a couple bucks. Most all places have free shipping these days unless you getting a crazy heavy item but even them sometimes its free. The only reason I would go to a irl store is to test out a product like vr or something like that but mos the time they don't even have floor models out for you to try any more. So you just stuck watching somone on YouTube anyway. I aint mad at any one if they still hit the stores it just isn't the best option for me any more for 99% of my purchases.
+1   

2 months ago '08        #14
Ron O'Neal 
Props total: 9457 9 K  Slaps total: 402 402
Damn. I'm old enough to be around for betamax, VHS, laser disc, cassettes, CDs, and DVDs
emoji
+10   

2 months ago '16        #15
Dick Armey 
Props total: 14086 14 K  Slaps total: 5056 5 K
 seatownslayer said 🔗

I went last year needing a new displayport cable in a pinch since walmart didnt have any, they wanted like $25 for a 6' cable and i walked out that bi#ch

emoji
+5   

2 months ago '19        #16
Mikebarrs23 
Props total: 2293 2 K  Slaps total: 105 105
Went to one earlier this week and they had a bunch of sh1t. PS5 and switch to play.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #17
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 8767 8 K  Slaps total: 854 854
What about games?
+2   

2 months ago '10        #18
Kofi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 37354 37 K  Slaps total: 3038 3 K
Best Buy in my area is the go to electronics store, yeah we got Target and Walmart but no Apple and big names.
+3   

2 months ago '22        #19
Rod Calhoun  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24 OP
Props total: 6196 6 K  Slaps total: 1187 1 K
 Tobinmont said 🔗
sh1ts kinda sad how lazy we’ve become.
Saving money and time is lazy? Prices are usually cheaper online and gas isn’t cheap. Also frees up more time for you to do other things. Online shopping just presents a better quality of life.
+5   

2 months ago '11        #20
inthezone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23676 23 K  Slaps total: 7554 7 K
Best Buy was never ishhh anyway
It was the target of electronics
Best Buy took circuit city out of business and that was my spot
They had the og open box specials
And their presentation was a lot more personalized

Last edited by inthezone; 02-16-2024 at 08:12 PM..
+3   

2 months ago '06        #21
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 16107 16 K  Slaps total: 1541 1 K
Best Buy def losing its luster but I’d be sad if they went away too. Soon there will be no stores and that sh1t will be wack af. Best Buy at one point was like an adult toys r us to me.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #22
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 63720 63 K  Slaps total: 7258 7 K
 seatownslayer said 🔗

Frys doesn't exist

I was in best buy the other day

Its mainly electronics like laptops, tvs and appliances along with cell phones that keep them open

Little things if youre working on your PC, don't bother

went looking for more earbuds and barely found some

I was just telling someone not long ago that people were fighting to get inside of Walmart's front doors for black Friday

I don't think everything should be ordered online wait 2 days to get it, so yes stores should exist.

Bestbuy was a huge tr@nsgressor of no sales , high prices and a worthless website not long ago as well.

Now they are trying to get you to DL the app so you can see their daily "drops"

Might be late for them though, and its their fault. People didn't embrace the website stuff soon enough are hurting.

Pick up and curbside should be a huge service for them but its not, and when black friday hits they arent prepared
+4   

2 months ago '15        #23
mrwoodside 
Props total: 17748 17 K  Slaps total: 2426 2 K
I go in sometimes to look at stuff in person before i order it cheaper online…
emoji
+5   

2 months ago '06        #24
Be Easy 
Props total: 32298 32 K  Slaps total: 3644 3 K
best buy will prolly be outta business before the end of this year

them sh1ts look sad as hell inside

starting to carry odd ball sh1t which is a sign of the end

2 months ago '15        #25
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 94145 94 K  Slaps total: 8849 8 K
Dudes in here talking about they ain't been in bestbuy in years...
emoji

I use Amazon alot myself but if it's something I want right now I'm going to Bestbuy lol just copped some pixel buds yesterday. 65inch during Black Friday, bestbuy still my electronic store.
emoji
+4   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+7614
Video inside Snoops checks Drake about that bullsh1t
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now