online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Okada to AEW

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BXWF

2 weeks ago '04        #1
558 page views
53 comments

all3rd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 64842 64 K  Slaps total: 15082 15 K
Okada to AEW

+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
53 comments

2 weeks ago '23        #2
SuperMan7mile  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 15777 15 K  Slaps total: 2588 2 K

+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
waytoomuch 
Props total: 21645 21 K  Slaps total: 10893 10 K
it's no surprise. tk is payin top dollar and outbiddin for these free agent stars and losin crazy money in the process. this aew s**t is a passion project for him.

hopefully, he wakes up n shakes up the product, gets bigger domestic attendance, n get better viewership to turn profit in a few years bcuz the s**t he's doin now aint workin like that.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
Big Bear 
Props total: 68638 68 K  Slaps total: 12854 12 K
Reports said wwe made an offer said take it or leave it
We will not go higher

He took it to AEW and AEW went higher

Smart man
go to the higher bidder

Same for Banks
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 95454 95 K  Slaps total: 31498 31 K
Dnt know who he is been seeing his name for a while up here but I feel knowing tony the Japanese dude will get lost in the shuffle and badly booked.

2 weeks ago '09        #6
ReggieA 
Props total: 78935 78 K  Slaps total: 1574 1 K
I feel this is the best move for him personally. I remember reading that he could work in the US, and not have to move his family over there. They will let him make that choice. Plus he is familiar with the talent over there already. But Tony needs to book him like he's a main event talent like he should be doing Jay Whyte
emoji
+1   

2 weeks ago '23        #7

2 weeks ago '23        #8
 Oswaldgatesjr said 🔗
Dnt know who he is been seeing his name for a while up here but I feel knowing tony the Japanese dude will get lost in the shuffle and badly booked.
you still a dumb moron.
emoji
emoji
use google. he's been ranked the #1 wrestler in the world for the passed 10 years. i know deep down you got to be a troll

2 weeks ago '18        #9
 SuperMan7mile said 🔗
you still a dumb moron.
emoji
emoji
use google. he's been ranked the #1 wrestler in the world for the passed 10 years. i know deep down you got to be a troll
What does that mean?? “Hes the number 1 ranked wrestler in the world” bruh it’s not real imbecile
emoji
I never seen or heard about this dude in my life. He’s definitely not a drawing a dime.

2 weeks ago '16        #10
mobchip 
Props total: 15188 15 K  Slaps total: 1768 1 K
It's not disappointing news to have Okada sign with AEW. I hope Okada got a fantastic deal.

Remind me in 66 days if the Warner Discovery and Paramount deal goes forward and both companies want to continue with AEW.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #11
oflo 
Props total: 3069 3 K  Slaps total: 295 295
does this mean we can stop with forbidden door now. tk jus grabs everyone from njpw anyway

i get y ospreay n okada chose aew. its the safe play. i personally wish both challenged themselves and went wwe
+3   

1 week ago '18        #12
 oflo said 🔗
does this mean we can stop with forbidden door now. tk jus grabs everyone from njpw anyway

i get y ospreay n okada chose aew. its the safe play. i personally wish both challenged themselves and went wwe
I dnt think the audience would knw who the hekl they are or care. If I dnt knw then they definitely won’t. It’s bout more than wrestling u know what I mean? How well can u connect with fans.

1 week ago '12        #13
koolhand724 
Props total: 227 227  Slaps total: 94 94
And still get under 1mill
+1   

1 week ago '04        #14
Burym3ag 
Props total: 4212 4 K  Slaps total: 408 408
 oflo said 🔗

yeah F forbidden door. that sh1t pauses all storylines then have random dudes show up
+1   

1 week ago '16        #15
Jax 
Props total: 5008 5 K  Slaps total: 651 651
I dont see the appeal with Okada in the U.S. Great wrestler of course and God tier in Japan. But if you cant cut a promo in English or have undeniable charisma like a Nakamura or an Asuka, then its gonna be hard to get the casual fan base to care. I wasnt that impressed with the way he was presented in his few appearances in AEW.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #16
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 28502 28 K  Slaps total: 7503 7 K
 SuperMan7mile said 🔗
↪🔗
Yet nobody cares..

And every week the same 800k watch Dynamite.

No growth..no buzz..a new wrestler injured every week...ticket sales for everything not Wembley is so bad they try not to show the crowd on camera.

Can people stop pretending that AEW in 2023/24 is not a disaster in every way and sooner or later Tony Khan's handlers are gonna advise his Daddy to pull the plug on his sons money pit of a hobby?

Last edited by bmf24eva; 02-15-2024 at 05:13 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '23        #17
 bmf24eva said 🔗
Yet nobody cares..

No growth..no buzz..a new wrestler injured every week...ticket sales for everything not Wembley is so bad they try not to show the crowd on camera.

Can people stop pretending that AEW in 2023/24 is not a disaster in every way and sooner or later Tony Khan's handlers are gonna advise his Daddy to pull the plug on his sons money pit of a hobby?
why are u quoting me in my inbox to rant like i give a fu#k ???????? i posted a single tweet . please dont bother me with your non-sense

1 week ago '05        #18
micseles 
Props total: 19994 19 K  Slaps total: 2066 2 K
 bmf24eva said 🔗
Yet nobody cares..

I'd rather people stop giving a sh1t about everything but what happens in the ring but we'll both probably never get our wish..

n1ggas spend more time talking about ratings, ticket sales, business endeavors, mergers etc than they do the actual wrestling...

If this dude comes over and gives us 2-3 classic matches against some dope wrestlers like Swerve, Joe, MJF...sh1t I'll take Okada against Edge, Hangman, Cole....Then I'm good

AEW could fold tomorrow and I'm still watching all the guys wherever they end up...

Wrestling "fans" are a miserable bunch...
+3   

1 week ago '06        #19
oflo 
Props total: 3069 3 K  Slaps total: 295 295
its not rocket science. when aew first formed vince was destroying the wwe product and releasing talent he had no clue how to maximize so aew became a refreshing alternative. now vince is gone and wwe is on fire. its night and day how hhh and tk book and story tell

Last edited by oflo; 02-15-2024 at 10:35 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '23        #20
 micseles said 🔗
I'd rather people stop giving a sh1t about everything but what happens in the ring but we'll both probably never get our wish..

n1ggas spend more time talking about ratings, ticket sales, business endeavors, mergers etc than they do the actual wrestling...

If this dude comes over and gives us 2-3 classic matches against some dope wrestlers like Swerve, Joe, MJF...sh1t I'll take Okada against Edge, Hangman, Cole....Then I'm good

AEW could fold tomorrow and I'm still watching all the guys wherever they end up...

took the words out of my mouth. these dudes hate AEW over ticket sales , but dont even watch the actual in-ring performance.

i watched a lot of indy wrestling and money or popularity has sh1t to do with how excellent a match can be

put okada in a match with swerve and it's a gurantee banger , but they going to hate because it didnt sell out madison square garden, who cares
+2   

1 week ago '05        #21
micseles 
 SuperMan7mile said 🔗
took the words out of my mouth. these dudes hate AEW over ticket sales , but dont even watch the actual in-ring performance.

i watched a lot of indy wrestling and money or popularity has sh1t to do with how excellent a match can be

put okada in a match with swerve and it's a gurantee banger , but they going to hate because it didnt sell out madison square garden, who cares
sh1t weird as phuck...I can't bring myself to care about money that don't go in my pocket. The hell am I supposed to care about a "Gate" or "Tickets sold/Available" for?!?!
+3   

1 week ago '17        #22
thc 
Props total: 20632 20 K  Slaps total: 1589 1 K
 micseles said 🔗
sh1t weird as phuck...I can't bring myself to care about money that don't go in my pocket. The hell am I supposed to care about a "Gate" or "Tickets sold/Available" for?!?!
to your point, a packed house just looks better visually on TV, 20k people chanting something sounds better than 2k people chanting it

AEW can come off looking sorta low budget sometimes and that takes away from it for me

You seem to be more of a pure wrestling purist fan and thats fine but for me I care about aspects like the story as well because it is still a tv that I want to be entertained by

I want AEW to grow and reach new heights but Im just not feeling it how I used to. And declining stats doesnt help them reach new heights

And as far as in-ring stuff I notice botches and cringe moves all the time on AEW alot of those guys need more reps/practice

7 days ago '05        #23
micseles 
 thc said 🔗
to your point, a packed house just looks better visually on TV, 20k people chanting something sounds better than 2k people chanting it

AEW can come off looking sorta low budget sometimes and that takes away from it for me

You seem to be more of a pure wrestling purist fan and thats fine but for me I care about aspects like the story as well because it is still a tv that I want to be entertained by

I want AEW to grow and reach new heights but Im just not feeling it how I used to. And declining stats doesnt help them reach new heights

And as far as in-ring stuff I notice botches and cringe moves all the time on AEW alot of those guys need more reps/practice
Yeah man, I can still remember grainy NWA shows coming on TV with Jerry Lawler wrestling when I got home from elementary school. I don't really care about presentation or how many folk are in the crowd (me and my oldest had the best time attending a TNA PPV back in the day that might've had a couple hundred folk in the stands...the one where Kurt did the moonsalt off the cage) I just want to see dope wrestlers face off.

Alot of sh1t I see fans complaining about loses me. Even the sh1t with "too many belts"...Bruh I grew up watching boxing when it had like 200 governing bodies and like 400 beltsv lol. I really don't give a sh1t about all that (size of the wrestlers, story line etc). I never watched a club/bar fight and wondered what the build up was the months prior lol!
+2   

6 days ago '06        #24
waytoomuch 
Props total: 21645 21 K  Slaps total: 10893 10 K
 micseles said 🔗

SuperMan7mile said 🔗

thc said 🔗

how the hell can u claim 2 b a fan and not care about how the fed u support is doin business wise?
emoji
we all know prowrestling feds come n go, so as a prowrestlin fan, u should understand y prowrestlin fans r worried about their company's business. we spend time, money, n emotional investment in2 these promotions hoping they grow. we dont want feds we root 4 to go outta bis. it's the same s**t w/ fans supporting their favorite nba or nfl franchise. we want them 2 make the best moves 2 win.

aew rite now has a huge advantage w/a billionaire mark owner, national tv exposure on a huge tv station with multiple prime timeslots yet he's doin the dumbest s**t ever like puttin orange cassidy in his main events n makin him supercena, meanwhile talent like miro, hobbs, wardlow, n cage is stuck in a dead end or can't get tv time. tk's bookin is stupid af n beyond frustratin. aew could do much better if he hires actual bookers n creative minds. tk is not that guy to be booking wrestling shows
+1   

6 days ago '05        #25
micseles 
 waytoomuch said 🔗
how the hell can u claim 2 b a fan and not care about how the fed u support is doin business wise?
emoji
we all know prowrestling feds come n go, so as a prowrestlin fan, u should understand y prowrestlin fans r worried about their company's business. we spend time, money, n emotional investment in2 these promotions hoping they grow. we dont want feds we root 4 to go outta bis. it's the same s**t w/ fans supporting their favorite nba or nfl franchise. we want them 2 make the best moves 2 win.

aew rite now has a huge advantage w/a billionaire mark owner, national tv exposure on a huge tv station with multiple prime timeslots yet he's doin the dumbest s**t ever like puttin orange cassidy in his main events n makin him supercena, meanwhile talent like miro, hobbs, wardlow, n cage is stuck in a dead end or can't get tv time. tk's bookin is stupid af n beyond frustratin. aew could do much better if he hires actual bookers n creative minds. tk is not that guy to be booking wrestling shows

I'm not a fan of any fed. I only give a sh1t about the matches. I'd rather hop out a window then be on here complaining about acting like an employee of one of these businesses, fighting for other loons in the name of an entity that doesn't know I exist.

Wwe goes out of business tomorrow, I'm still watching just as much wrestling... Same with AEW.

sh1t, I just started watching again after not watching a single second of wrestling for like 6 years.. I could just as easily gov right back to not watching
+2   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Feb 21-Biden administration forgiving $1.2 billion in student debt for 153,000..
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+416
I'll honestly take this over a new Gta game.
56 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Elons Ex Nanny Telling a Crazy Story Bout Bro. Believable?
90 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props-433
logo Adrian Peterson is broke broke. NFL checks dried UP
133 comments
1 day ago
@sports