online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

netflix.....prepares to slap users with yet another price hike

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '09        #1
1597 page views
26 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x105
Props total: 306124 306 K  Slaps total: 33369 33 K
icon netflix.....prepares to slap users with yet another price hike

https://cordcuttersnews.c .. er-price-hike/

Is another Netflix price hike on its way? After the streaming giant raised the price of its premium plan in the fall, it seems unlikely. But the company kept the door open with some sly language deep in its fourth-quarter letter to shareholders.

“As we invest in and improve Netflix, we’ll occasionally ask our members to pay a little extra to reflect those improvements, which in turn helps drive the positive flywheel of additional investment to further improve and grow our service,” Netflix said after reporting its year-end results.

While that isn’t confirmation that a price increase is definitely coming, it’s a worrisome comment considering the last year we’ve had, where virtually every pay-TV provider and streaming service raised their rates, citing the cost of programming and distribution deals.

Relatively speaking, Netflix’s own price increase, which only affected its premium tier and marked the revival of its standard plan at a higher rate, was pretty modest.

Its ad tier remained at $6.99 a month, the same price its been since launching at the end of 2022.

In other words, it’s due for an increase.

Netflix Chief Financial Officer Spencer Neumann was unhelpfully vague on the company’s quarterly earnings conference call on Tuesday, saying that he doesn’t see a change to its pricing philosophy.

He expects to see revenue growth from adding new members and from its newly launched advertising tier, but declined to comment on any projections for ARM, or its “average revenue per member,” which would be a key indicator of whether he expects people to spend more via a price hike.

The company expects to see double-digit revenue growth for the full year. Time will tell if some of that growth will come from higher rates for everyone
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
26 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
Silky Johnson 
Props total: 4100 4 K  Slaps total: 608 608
Netflix just had great earnings. Stock is soaring. They are streaming King. And imagine Blockbuster could have bought them for 50million. CEO at the time thought streaming was a fad (dumbass). Netflix is valued at 215 billion.
+10   

1 month ago '20        #3
DigitalxMoney 
Props total: 762 762  Slaps total: 74 74
Max is my sh1t. And you’re right Netflix is doing work, but I’m just not invested with their programs ..
+11   

1 month ago '22        #4
darkmanunknown 
Props total: 748 748  Slaps total: 47 47
 DigitalxMoney said 🔗
Max is my sh1t. And you’re right Netflix is doing work, but I’m just not invested with their programs ..
Dont know about Netflix US cuz i dont live there but i feel the same. Used to have great shows before competitors came.

All the original series are garbage
+4   

1 month ago '17        #5
icemanken 
Props total: 749 749  Slaps total: 45 45
Apple + has some damn good tv series. The catalog is getting better and better. Just my opinion
+9   

1 month ago '14        #6
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 76787 76 K  Slaps total: 3189 3 K
 icemanken said 🔗
Apple + has some damn good tv series. The catalog is getting better and better. Just my opinion
Swagger was my sh1t. Only thing I watched on Apple+ and Friday night baseball
emoji
+1   

1 month ago '22        #7
Candidnigga 
Props total: 47911 47 K  Slaps total: 4421 4 K
I use _____

Never paying for a streaming service lmao

fu#k outta here
+17   

1 month ago '18        #8
iTrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13253 13 K  Slaps total: 2589 2 K

+9   

1 month ago '23        #9
Yopa 
Props total: 13535 13 K  Slaps total: 3724 3 K
 Candidn1gga said 🔗
I use _____

Never paying for a streaming service lmao

fu#k outta here
My sentiments
+1   

1 month ago '23        #10
EuroTypeSpanish  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 24137 24 K  Slaps total: 3888 3 K
Hmm
emoji

1 month ago '04        #11
ddash 
Props total: 128345 128 K  Slaps total: 8994 8 K
Figured it was going up but every year it seem like they hurting then prices go up and then they back on top lol

Im glad I switched up and aint paying for streaming or cable no more.
+2   

1 month ago '22        #12
God Bless You 
Props total: 26622 26 K  Slaps total: 22044 22 K
Thank goodness for real debrid
+7   

1 month ago '04        #13
patt24 
Props total: 20959 20 K  Slaps total: 1882 1 K
 DigitalxMoney said 🔗
if it wasnt for HBO legacy shows.... Max would be DOA...streamers had some sh1t here and there but none can compete with Netflix... Apples had some real quality sh1t lately though.
+2   

1 month ago '10        #14
lboog1423  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 53876 53 K  Slaps total: 3920 3 K
 DigitalxMoney said 🔗
they dont put out enough content for me. I only cop when its a movie I want to see or a tv series I wanna re-watch. Then I cancel again

1 month ago '15        #15
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 82871 82 K  Slaps total: 11774 11 K
I’m glad they pissed me off with not shutting down my exs account that I was paying for but then shut down mine. Twice I explained what needed to happen and they fuked it up. So I shut down everything and said fukin em. There’s not much I want to watch from them anyways.. so I’m good without em. Makes me play more of my backlog of video games anyways.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #16
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 42853 42 K  Slaps total: 6037 6 K
 patt24 said 🔗
if it wasnt for HBO legacy shows.... Max would be DOA...streamers had some sh1t here and there but none can compete with Netflix... Apples had some real quality sh1t lately though.
That because max shows never stay. They ki1led raised by wolves. Peacemaker taking 4 years to come back out and the John Oliver show had that strike hiatus plus love craft is gone too. Those were my original reasons
+1   

1 month ago '18        #17
A Cold Game  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38109 38 K  Slaps total: 4586 4 K
 iTrap said 🔗

You ship?
+3   

1 month ago '09        #18
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x105 OP
@🔗

ive had a 25 year career of flying the high seas since the dial up internet era with no plans to ever stop doing so
+2   

1 month ago '22        #19
LordGimmeASine 
Props total: 17466 17 K  Slaps total: 1236 1 K
 messy marv stan said 🔗
@🔗

ive had a 25 year career of flying the high seas since the dial up internet era with no plans to ever stop doing so
25 years and running.
emoji

It's only so long that they can keep trying to do these price hikes so often until the majority if not most of the subscribers or all of them just say screw it and pull the plug...

Mess around and be where Blockbuster's at, ironically.
emoji
+2   

1 month ago '18        #20
iTrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13253 13 K  Slaps total: 2589 2 K
 A Cold Game said 🔗
You ship?
Yuppp. Rarely meet up
+2   

1 month ago '09        #21
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x105 OP
 LordGimmeASine said 🔗
25 years and running.
emoji

It's only so long that they can keep trying to do these price hikes so often until the majority if not most of the subscribers or all of them just say screw it and pull the plug...

Mess around and be where Blockbuster's at, ironically.
emoji

35 tb combined storage is enough to hold the collection from flying the pirate flag

i might buy another hard drive next year because the dvd data discs might not be able to retrieve files

all these streaming services will eventually end up vhs tape status
+2   

1 month ago '06        #22
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 47683 47 K  Slaps total: 3029 3 K
You tell them boys at Netflix I'm not paying extra just so folks can watch some wrasslin'.
+2   

1 month ago '07        #23
Bullseye 
Props total: 15112 15 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
They spend A LOT of money on Netflix-made shows, movies and specials. I'm surprised they haven't been charging more sooner.

1 month ago '05        #24
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 102941 102 K  Slaps total: 13972 13 K
So how soon before its going to be $30 a month? smh

1 month ago '04        #25
jholla31  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16479 16 K  Slaps total: 2229 2 K
WWE aint cheap, funny how they announce the new partnership after the price hike news
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4011
Video inside $100 Test may save your life. Stay healthy.
52 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
props+247
Video inside Dr. Dre Ladies and a Gentleman
78 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+303
Image(s) inside Schoolboy Q Ranks His Own Albums On Twitter