online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Phys.org " Men with expensive cars seen as having a higher mating value"

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

5 months ago '20        #1
1091 page views
31 comments

Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 28057 28 K  Slaps total: 4236 4 K
icon Phys.org " Men with expensive cars seen as having a higher mating value"

1 day ago

Ok!
Survey results suggest men with expensive cars seen as having a higher mating value
by Bob Yirka , Phys.org

A team of behavioral scientists at Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, in Brazil, has found via survey results that people view men who drive luxurious cars as having a higher mating value and other positive attributes. In their study, reported in the journal Personality and Individual Differences, the group conducted two surveys involving people driving expensive cars.

Anecdotal evidence has long suggested that men who drive expensive cars attract women looking for a partner who can provide them with a certain level of lifestyle. But such evidence has not been well tested in a more formal way. In this new effort, the research team sought to find out how both women and men really feel about men who drive top-of-the-line cars and how the owners of such cars feel about themselves. To that end, they sent out two surveys.

The first survey asked potential respondents about their opinions on luxury cars and the men who drive them, including their feelings on mating values and male dominance. The team received 171 responses, 93 from women. To prevent bias, the researchers used examples with fabricated people in the surveys. The second survey asked luxury car owner respondents questions regarding how they felt about themselves and their place in society and whether they thought they would make a better mate than someone who drove an ordinary car. The researchers received 409 responses, 206 of which were from women.

In analyzing the returned surveys, the research team found that the majority of respondents (both male and female) viewed men driving luxury vehicles as having higher mating value and social dominance and were often seen as more competent in their lives and in their jobs—and in some cases, as more intelligent. The survey results also showed that most respondents believed they would benefit from personal or intimate relationships with such men.

The researchers also found that people who drive luxury cars view themselves as having higher social status and thus believe they have more self-confidence than others. Most also rated themselves as having higher mating value.

© 2023 Science X Network

© Phys.org 2003 - 2023 powered by Science X Network

https://phys.org/news/202 .. sive-cars.html

Last edited by Ninjahood; 12-14-2023 at 02:56 AM..
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
31 comments

5 months ago '20        #2
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
Science reveals why you SHOULD buy a supercar in a midlife crisis

Many men have purchased a supercar once they reach their 40s to feel 'more alive' as they navigate their newfound midlife crisis.

While some believe the more than $100,000 purchase does nothing for an individual's turmoil of being middle age, a new study reveals driving a premium car can boost one's self-confidence.

Researchers at the Federal University of Rio Grande in Brazil found that men who own luxury cars like a Corvette and Porsche are perceived as having higher levels of mating values and social dominance and are seen as more competent.

The results are likely due to men and women believing there are benefits to being a partner of someone who owns a high-priced vehicle.

Men who own luxury cars like a Corvette and Porsche are perceived as having higher levels of mating values and social dominance and are seen as more competent. Pictured is Brad Pitt, 59, driving a $200,000 electric Porsche Taycan
Men who own luxury cars like a Corvette and Porsche are perceived as having higher levels of mating values and social dominance and are seen as more competent. Pictured is Brad Pitt, 59, driving a $200,000 electric Porsche Taycan
'The results indicate that stimulus subjects with premium cars were evaluated with higher mating value and dominance,' researchers shared in the study published on Science Direct.

'Similarly, participants who owned a premium car exhibited higher levels of mating value and social dominance.

'The findings suggest that the consumption of luxury products influences social perception that matches with self-perceived characteristics.'

The team conducted the study in two parts, with the first examining whether the evaluation of mating value and social dominance is affected by consumption choices.

A total of 171 participants were asked about the mating value and social dominance when looking at people of the opposite s3x who owned supercars.

Approximately 93 subjects were women, and the rest were men who looked at four fabricated people who were created to show information related to their profession, hobby and car - either a luxury or popular vehicle.

The results also determined that people of higher status are viewed as more competent and favored in job selection. Pictured is George Clooney, 61, driving one of his classic Corvettes in 2020
The results also determined that people of higher status are viewed as more competent and favored in job selection. Pictured is George Clooney, 61, driving one of his classic Corvettes in 2020
The stimulus subjects were duplicated: two had premium cars, and the other had popular vehicles. The descriptions of professions and hobbies had equivalent content regarding social status.

'Confirming the first hypothesis, it was observed that both women and men attributed higher mating value to stimulus subjects who owned premium cars,' the study reads.

'Similar to other luxury items such as apartments and clothing, premium cars indicate an individual's position in the hierarchy.'

The results also determined that people of higher status are viewed as more competent and favored in job selection.

'It is likely that individuals with premium cars were considered more attractive due to the potential benefits associated with high status,' researchers shared.

The results are likely due to men and women believing there are benefits to being a partner of someone who owns a high-priced vehicle. Pictured is Leonardo DiCaprio, 49, with a $100,000 Fisker Karma hybrid supercar
The results are likely due to men and women believing there are benefits to being a partner of someone who owns a high-priced vehicle. Pictured is Leonardo DiCaprio, 49, with a $100,000 Fisker Karma hybrid supercar
'Overall, both men and women can benefit from relationships with partners who possess these attributes.'

The team's second hypothesis was also confirmed: People with premium cars were described with higher levels of social dominance.

The second portion of the study looked at how a person who owns a supercar perceives themselves.

A sample of 409 participants, 206 females and 203 males, who had luxury and popular vehicles were asked to report their self-perception of social status, social dominance and mates.

Participants with a premium car showed higher levels of subjective social status than those with a popular or no vehicle.

↪🔗
+2   

5 months ago '15        #3
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 22350 22 K  Slaps total: 1723 1 K
You’ll meet some vapid th0ts but have fun until the next lease. Turo have you stunting for a weekend too in a vacation city.
+13   

5 months ago '05        #4
bi0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 48345 48 K  Slaps total: 4178 4 K
I want a Corvette C8.. Might treat myself one of these days.
+5   

5 months ago '06        #5
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 48644 48 K  Slaps total: 3078 3 K
Always nice to have someone look at you as a retirement fund.
+4   

5 months ago '05        #6
Tonero 
Props total: 14725 14 K  Slaps total: 3455 3 K
If you live in big city and you want to place, you need to have the whip.

Shorties (and people in general) just take you more serious. If she was on the fence about fu#king you before, the car is usually the topper.

When i'm having a bad day , i usually feel a little better when i drive the whip

Next car will be closer to $100k, will gladly jump back into a car loan once i pay off my car next year

Last edited by Tonero; 12-14-2023 at 04:59 PM..
+4   

5 months ago '07        #7
boobizzy 
Props total: 4519 4 K  Slaps total: 2981 2 K
No sh1t. Don’t let other people tell you this isn’t the case.
+6   

5 months ago '23        #8
blkmanisgod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19920 19 K  Slaps total: 3865 3 K
Duh a$s study
emoji
+4   

5 months ago '17        #9
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 105254 105 K  Slaps total: 9436 9 K
Nah my jetta attracted more women than my camaro

5 months ago '21        #10
Manolo456 
Props total: 2211 2 K  Slaps total: 93 93
I mean you could make the argument this is true but most people I know that drive those type of cars usually our trust fund baby’s that were born into money that doesnt always mean there stable if they didn’t have there family to fall back on.
+1   

5 months ago '16        #11
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 148997 148 K  Slaps total: 10184 10 K
 Ifeellikekobe said 🔗
Nah my jetta attracted more women than my camaro
I don't think a camaro constitutes an expensive car. Even if you cop'd ZL1 most females will think it's just a camaro(no shade). Also, it has more to do with confidence than anything else. If you're a confident dude in a Jetta doesn't really matter what you're riding in. There's a lot of kats that lack confidence and pulling up in a $100k whip is the crutch they need.
+3   

5 months ago '20        #12
 bi0 said 🔗
I want a Corvette C8.. Might treat myself one of these days.
If im doing a vette, its C7 Z06 or C6 ZR1

Mid engine looks like a hassle maintenance wise.

5 months ago '20        #13
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 183120 183 K  Slaps total: 15031 15 K

5 months ago '18        #14
street heat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 20757 20 K  Slaps total: 5692 5 K
if i could afford a 100k car i would without question. it would have to be something that really stands out though and LOOKS like it costs that much. i wouldnt get some old man looking car thats just expensive because of its size and tech.

for now ill just settle for making my car look my expensive than it is.
emoji
+1   

5 months ago '19        #15
jlem 
Props total: 22879 22 K  Slaps total: 710 710
Old head perspective

So, let me get this right.

emoji

They spent money on a study to prove what most men have known since we were in junior high school.

emoji

Sheeiit! This was a well learned lesson when we saw chicks in high school getting picked up by cats that were 21 driving Benzes, Caddy's, and Beemers.

Could've saved that money.

emoji

It's true though. I've had a Jag and now I drive an Audi. I'm in my mid 40's and the lux cars definitely get attention from age groups 24 and up.

I recently had the musicians at my church crowded around my car in the parking lot. They're young guys, early to late 20's.

Females be scopin' as well but they're not as forward with it as I'm married, and they don't want to be disrespectful towards my wife.

emoji

That's in a church setting though. Outside females don't give a damn.

emoji

I learned many years ago that it the first thing a chick says to you is, "Is that your car?" then you already know she's about what you can do for her and she's pocket watchin'.

Very rarely has a chick in my experience been a real car enthusiast.
+1   

5 months ago '19        #16
jlem 
 street heat said 🔗
if i could afford a 100k car i would without question. it would have to be something that really stands out though and LOOKS like it costs that much. i wouldnt get some old man looking car thats just expensive because of its size and tech.

for now ill just settle for making my car look my expensive than it is.
emoji
I've thought about that, but I don't think that I would be able to pull the trigger on such a purchase though.

emoji

Given the fact that luxury cars tend to have the greatest amount of depreciation it wouldn't be the soundest financial decision for me.

emoji

However, if I was to do it, the only car that has peaked my interest at that price point is the 2023/24 AUDI RS7.

I saw a black one on 22in factory rims, 4L V8, and peanut butter guts!

emoji

That mug was nasty. $112K

emoji
+1   

5 months ago '20        #17
 jlem said 🔗
I've thought about that, but I don't think that I would be able to pull the trigger on such a purchase though.

emoji

Given the fact that luxury cars tend to have the greatest amount of depreciation it wouldn't be the soundest financial decision for me.

emoji

However, if I was to do it, the only car that has peaked my interest at that price point is the 2023/24 AUDI RS7.

emoji

emoji
But he's a solution for this would just be to get a car that doesn't depreciate nearly at da same clip.

Answer? Porsche 911, wrangler, or muscle car.

Last edited by Ninjahood; 12-18-2023 at 11:21 PM..

5 months ago '19        #18
jlem 
 Ninjahood said 🔗
But he's a solution for this would just be to get a car that doesn't appreciate nearly at da same clip.

Answer? Porsche 911, wrangler, or muscle car.
True. Not a Porsche or Wrangler fan though. The only car outside of the RS7 would be a Ford Mustang Eleanor '67.
+1   

5 months ago '16        #19
lars  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 50139 50 K  Slaps total: 4014 4 K
Didn't need a study to prove this
+2   

5 months ago '18        #20
VIMAN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7502 7 K  Slaps total: 662 662
I can see having an expensive car helps. But i think having a whip in general puts you over alot of others who dont.
+2   

5 months ago '21        #21
RAD Consulting 
Props total: 6560 6 K  Slaps total: 2028 2 K
DUHHHHH

thats why i drive this...

lol

all jokes aside, having a car puts you up automatically with women.

as for expensive cars, these chicks really dont be knowing what the fu#k they looking at.
they just know its a benz, bmw, porsche, lambo, or etc.
they dont know the amg 63s is $50k more than the amg 53
they dont know the difference between a 911 and cayman
or a gt3 and a gt3 rs.
same with the watches.
+6   

5 months ago '20        #22
 VIMAN said 🔗
I can see having an expensive car helps. But i think having a whip in general puts you over alot of others who dont.
This how New York dudes really eat with the broads out here..... if you got a car with four wheels and da heater works and it sh1t look halfway decent winter time you taking sh1t down b... don't no one wanna take public tr@nsportation in da middle of da night in da cold.
+2   

5 months ago '16        #23
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 100125 100 K  Slaps total: 8985 8 K
 Manolo456 said 🔗
I mean you could make the argument this is true but most people I know that drive those type of cars usually our trust fund baby’s that were born into money that doesnt always mean there stable if they didn’t have there family to fall back on.
Women don't care how people come by money.

Hence why semi-literate drug dealers in expensive cars pull physically attractive women.
+2   

5 months ago '16        #24
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 100125 100 K  Slaps total: 8985 8 K
 jlem said 🔗

emoji

emoji

emoji

emoji
Who told you that women and logic go together?

5 months ago '12        #25
goodkidmadworld 
Props total: 27085 27 K  Slaps total: 1584 1 K
Just drive a car newer than like 2014 you’ll get bi#ches easy
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+16454
Video inside This is really why Red Lobster flatlined
114 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+8852
logo Negro League statistics will be integrated into the MLB database beginning..
71 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+5647
Video inside The Breakfast Club Just Asked T.I. About A Rapper Gettin Pissed On.
87 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5617
Breaking: New Drake Reference track "Ratchet Happy Birthday"
342 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop