online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Tuohy Family Pulls The Reverse UNO Card

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '16        #1
1262 page views
28 comments

lars  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 37962 37 K  Slaps total: 3025 3 K
icon Tuohy Family Pulls The Reverse UNO Card

The prolonged legal battle between former NFL offensive lineman Michael Oher and the Tuohy family took another turn when documents alleged Oher attempted to extort the Tuohys.

Oher's story was documented in the novel-turned-movie 'The Blind Side', but he alleges the family at the center of it pocketed his portion of the royalty checks.

Documents filed by the Tuohys (obtained by TMZ) say that Oher demanded $15m in unpaid royalties from them and said he would 'defame them on social media and/or TMZ as "fakes" and "thieves" if he wasn't paid.

Those documents included multiple text messages sent by Oher alleging he was 'robbed of fifty million+' before lowering his final offer to $10m.

https://www.dailymail.co. .. .html#comments
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
28 comments

3 months ago '13        #2
Flossay  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 39167 39 K  Slaps total: 2353 2 K
Doesn’t seem like extortion. Pay me what you owe me or I’m going to shame you
emoji
+30   

3 months ago '20        #3
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 76166 76 K  Slaps total: 13232 13 K
Dailymail

emoji
+3   

3 months ago '05        #4
th4lb 
Props total: 17792 17 K  Slaps total: 1615 1 K
Sounds like they could’ve settled out of court for 15m…I think it’s wild that anyone would even defend them
+9   

3 months ago '16        #5
MOF410 
Props total: 3143 3 K  Slaps total: 615 615
Oher going out sad...

3 months ago '16        #6
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 94858 94 K  Slaps total: 8673 8 K
emoji
+2   

3 months ago '04        #7
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17991 17 K  Slaps total: 2003 2 K
Damn the other kids made more off the movie then he did. My only confusion is that he had 2 large NFL contracts. Why is he so thirsty over the bread from the movie?

3 months ago '20        #8
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 118595 118 K  Slaps total: 38435 38 K
 Flossay said 🔗
emoji
Its extortion because he wasnt owed anything.... the touhy family have already proven in court that Oher was paid his equal share of the earnings from the book/movie...The touhys signed a horrible deal, the touhy and oher really got shafted by the writer and movie company....but the touhy family didn't cheat oher from that movies earnings, thats been proven....

The touhys hands aren't clean here, but neither is ohers....Both the touhys and oher used the conservatorship to avoid recruiting violations so that the touhys could continue being ole miss boosters and oher didnt lose eligibility...
Then they both continued the adoption story to earn money from blind side brand through promotions, other book deals and speaking engagements from which oher himself made millions and millions of dollars off of over the years by continuing to tell that adoption story that he knew was a lie.....

The touhys ran a scam on the public with that story, but Oher was an accomplice to the scam, not a victim of it

3 months ago '20        #9
 badboy600 said 🔗
Damn the other kids made more off the movie then he did. My only confusion is that he had 2 large NFL contracts. Why is he so thirsty over the bread from the movie?
No...the blind side was a depiction of the entire touhy family which the touhys and oher both lied about him being a part of, but it was a depiction of the father, mother, son, daughter and oher...all were equally compensated.

It wasn't much, the touhys signed a awful deal ..
However, oher has signed 3 book deals worth millions and millions of dollars that he would of never made had it not of been for oher and the touhys adoption lie, also he made millions over the years doing speaking engagements under the blind side banner....

Oher milked the lie him and the touhys told for 20 years, when the blind side brand stopped earning him money, he tried to extort the touhys over a lie that he himself was a part of to get one last pay day off the blind side scheme....when the touhys refused, oher tried to play victim and use the media in his favor to slander the touhys about a scheme and lie that he himself has profited off of for 20 years....

Again im not defending the touhys, they were the ring leaders of this scam....but oher wasn't a victim of it...he was a coconspirator.....
+3   

3 months ago '23        #10
Doxben  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1407 1 K  Slaps total: 281 281
Wont work. He getting his bag.

3 months ago '20        #11
 Doxben said 🔗
Wont work. He getting his bag.
No he isn't....
What bag? The touhys have already proven in court he was paid his equal share and he isn't entitled to anything more.

This counter suit is the touhys just flexing now, they've already won

3 months ago '11        #12
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
Props total: 113478 113 K  Slaps total: 18860 18 K
 Flossay said 🔗
emoji

they trying to do anything and everything not to pay that man

some would say they are trying to Blind Side him IRONY

emoji
+1   

3 months ago '20        #13
 GrindPOWER$ said 🔗
they trying to do anything and everything not to pay that man

some would say they are trying to Blind Side him IRONY

emoji
What do you feel the touhys should pay him for?

3 months ago '23        #14
Doxben  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1407 1 K  Slaps total: 281 281
 Tweezy12 said 🔗
No he isn't....
What bag? The touhys have already proven in court he was paid his equal share and he isn't entitled to anything more.

This counter suit is the touhys just flexing now, they've already won
Wlep, Hopefull the Court of public opinion will entitle that man to a narrative worth MILLIONS . He can get his sympothy bag because he was obviuosly gaffled. How ? We don't know. But anytime the man gets involved in sh1t like this, funds are hidden and they're down with people who dont like him. Simple. Ain't no amount of discovery out there for the black man when it comes to rich ofays like this .

The Blind Side has grossed more than $309 million worldwide since its November 2009 release, and Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for Best Actress for her portrayal of Leigh Anne. The film was met with some criticism well before Oher's petition, though.

The 37-year-old took issue with his presentation, writing in his memoir that he was both smarter and more adapted to football than his on-screen character. Others cited The Blind Side as an example of perpetuating the "white savior" myth in pop culture.
The Tuohys had agreed to split the proceeds from The Blind Side's book and movie sales five ways.
So the family gets all that bread. HE got $138,000 ? He was never in line to inherit any of that Touhy generational wealth.

Around September 2006, the Tuohys negotiated contracts for the movie “The Blind Side” based on the book on Oher’s life story for themselves and their two other children through Creative Artists Agency. Each person would receive “$225,000 plus 2.5% of all future ‘Defined Net Proceeds’” contingent on Oher signing.

Oher’s agent for the contract, Debra Branan, was listed as the attorney who filed his conservatorship, according to the petition.
sh1t ain't right.

In another contract in April 2007 that was “purportedly signed by Michael Oher,” Oher gives away his name, likeness, voice, etc. to the movie studio “without any payment whatsoever,” the petition states. Though Oher thinks the signature on the contract looks similar to his, he is not sure if it was forged because he said “at no time ever willingly or knowingly” did he sign a document that explained he would be giving away rights to his name, image and life story, the petition says.
Word ?

3 months ago '20        #15
 Doxben said 🔗
Wlep, Hopefull the Court of public opinion will entitle that man to a narrative worth MILLIONS . He can get his sympothy bag because he was obviuosly gaffled. How ? We don't know. But anytime the man gets involved in sh1t like this, funds are hidden and they're down with people who dont like him. Simple. Ain't no amount of discovery out there for the black man when it comes to rich ofays like this .

So the family gets all that bread. HE got $138,000 ? He was never in line to inherit any of that Touhy generational wealth.

sh1t ain't right.

Word ?
The family didn't get that money bro.
Hollywood producers and companies got that money... the touhys and oher both got sh1tted on by movie studios just like everyone else does....

But oher has made millions and millions and millions of dollars off that story...and never cared about any of this until the money from his and the touhys scam stopped being profitable for him...

In the end, the lies and scam the touhys and oher told benefited oher way more monetarily than it did the touhys.....the touhys were already worth hundreds of millions of dollars when they met Michael Oher....

Oher just tried to get one last money grab and it failed....

3 months ago '11        #16
 Tweezy12 said 🔗
What do you feel the touhys should pay him for?
you are white of course you would ask that question and if you are black you a gosh darn uncle tom buddy

its his story and with out him they would be rich so stop the BS

emoji
emoji
emoji
+5   

3 months ago '20        #17
 GrindPOWER$ said 🔗
you are white of course you would ask that question and if you are black you a gosh darn uncle tom buddy

its his story and with out him they would be rich so stop the BS

emoji
emoji
emoji
You are uninformed and spewing ignorance

The touhys were worth hundreds of millions of dollars before they ever met oher, oher in no way shape or form made them rich....

Oher was giving a equal share of all the touhys earnings off the blind side and thats been proven in court....

The blind side story was a fabrication that the touhys and oher both were a part of spreading for thier own benefits....

Oher has earned upward of 10 million dollars off the blind side lie the last two decades and was absolutely ok with pushing the fabrication until it was no longer profitable and then he tried to extort a coconspirator in the hoax out of money and the extortion failed and he then tried to take the coconspirator to court and the court filings are exposing him more than the touhys, its a reason multiple lawyers refused the case and advised him not to go forward.....oher had exposed himself and now the touhys are bringing out proof of ohers misdoings....

3 months ago '11        #18
 Tweezy12 said 🔗
You are uninformed and spewing ignorance

The touhys were worth hundreds of millions of dollars before they ever met oher, oher in no way shape or form made them rich....

Oher was giving a equal share of all the touhys earnings off the blind side and thats been proven in court....

The blind side story was a fabrication that the touhys and oher both were a part of spreading for thier own benefits....

Oher has earned upward of 10 million dollars off the blind side lie the last two decades and was absolutely ok with pushing the fabrication until it was no longer profitable and then he tried to extort a coconspirator in the hoax out of money and the extortion failed and he then tried to take the coconspirator to court and the court filings are exposing him more than the touhys, its a reason multiple lawyers refused the case and advised him not to go forward.....oher had exposed himself and now the touhys are bringing out proof of ohers misdoings....
you see how you a asshead , you could have posted this way before but you was waiting on somebody like me to say some reckless sh1t so you can spew this info , if true i don't know

so they wanted fame it wasn't about money but he made money and wanted more because he feel they made more off the movie

i wouldn't know this if i didn't say what i said but i want to know have they made more money off the money in the last couple years

Tweezy you won this round but there will be other rounds , Touche

3 months ago '20        #19
 GrindPOWER$ said 🔗
you see how you a asshead , you could have posted this way before but you was waiting on somebody like me to say some reckless sh1t so you can spew this info , if true i don't know

so they wanted fame it wasn't about money but he made money and wanted more because he feel they made more off the movie

i wouldn't know this if i didn't say what i said but i want to know have they made more money off the money in the last couple years

Tweezy you won this round but there will be other rounds , Touche
Nah bro, everything i said to you if read i have said in this thread, but do you see how media misconception to draw clicks and views had you viewing the situation in a way that is absolutely a false narrative?....

That's the medias intentions, they always want us as black people to rally around the wrong sh1t and support the wrong sh1t to divert us from rallying behind legit causes and then in the end they make us look stupid for supporting the wrong things....

Thats the games they play....

Its the same reason the white media will get behind Deion Sanders but will never ever get behind a legitimate black head coach that way

We got to be careful of where we get our information
+2   

3 months ago '11        #20
 Tweezy12 said 🔗
Nah bro, everything i said to you if read i have said in this thread, but do you see how media misconception to draw clicks and views had you viewing the situation in a way that is absolutely a false narrative?....

That's the medias intentions, they always want us as black people to rally around the wrong sh1t and support the wrong sh1t to divert us from rallying behind legit causes and then in the end they make us look stupid for supporting the wrong things....

Thats the games they play....

Its the same reason the white media will get behind Deion Sanders but will never ever get behind a legitimate black head coach that way

We got to be careful of where we get our information
i can't put it no better , oh yeah its all for the look and money when it comes to certain things ... the look and/or money plays apart in everything

but you right ,,sometimes misinformation is the only information if you don't keep looking
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '20        #21
gogosunday  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46050 46 K  Slaps total: 3576 3 K
 Flossay said 🔗
emoji
right tf

he didn’t say he was going to send the goons he said he was going to make their bad deeds known
+2   

3 months ago '20        #22
 gogosunday said 🔗
right tf

he didn’t say he was going to send the goons he said he was going to make their bad deeds known
What he did is extortion by the definition of the law...

Issues: Extortion
Extortion consists of obtaining property or monetary gains from another through the wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence or fear of exposing or releasing information that may be damaging to another

What he done is extortion, plain and simple, if he felt he'd been misled and robbed for his share he was supposed to file suit, not threaten them with exposure if they don't give him 15 million dollars

If someone steals your car that's worth 10k and you say either give me 50k or im calling the police, by law thats extortion....

The law would handle the car thief as a car thief and you for extortion of the car thief..

Right or wrong morally.... legally what oher did was extortion

3 months ago '20        #23
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 76166 76 K  Slaps total: 13232 13 K
This n1gga in here siding with Dwights again while acting like an authority about some sh1t...

I see why they think you an agent
+1   

3 months ago '04        #24
Cage  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 15664 15 K  Slaps total: 2132 2 K
This story always seemed off from jump, when the movie 1st came out Oher distanced himself from it….

3 months ago '06        #25
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 55752 55 K  Slaps total: 14550 14 K
 Flossay said 🔗
emoji
Did you contact them directly or through your lawyer? The method is going to tell you all you need to know.

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2114
Image(s) inside Mind = blown
48 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+2511
Video inside 50 Cent Performs "Many Men" For 71,000 People At His SOLD OUT NRG STADI..
123 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Mar 2 - Ozempic is coming for gyms. Here’s how they’re responding
130 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+746
Cardi B went CRAZY on her Live-Stream 🍈 🍈 🥛 🥛
147 comments