online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jemele Hill Explores The Messaging Problem In Hip Hop

icon

more
top in section
icon
+16
   Video inside Don’t Eat Pizza Hut  @wild'ish
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

3 months ago '21        #1
2734 page views
107 comments

JugBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10599 10 K  Slaps total: 667 667
icon Jemele Hill Explores The Messaging Problem In Hip Hop

YT
+9   

icon
best
icon
worst
107 comments

3 months ago '18        #2
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 28325 28 K  Slaps total: 21386 21 K
 JugBeats said 🔗
↪🔗
Is she talking about th0t rap or murder rap? Those are the only bad aspects of the game these days. It aint Meek and Ross.
+14   

3 months ago '21        #3
TheIronyIsThat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 42532 42 K  Slaps total: 6663 6 K
If you don't like ratchet and gangster music...don't listen to it.

And move the fu#k on.

Just like mothafu#kas that like Death Metal and Thrash Metal probably don't listen to alternative rock. Do you hear White people...

"AHHH DEATH METAL IS fu#kING UP THE WHITE COMMUNITY!!"

Just some idiots that think going against the grain makes them more intelligent.

Everyone crying about Hip-Hop in general, and acting like a sub-genre of Hip-Hop defines the entire genre needs to eat a fu#king d1ck and put their KK-OON collar back on.

Funny enough, this sh1t started right after the Zionist j3ws saw that Hip-Hop artist weren't supporting their bullsh1t.
+23   

3 months ago '19        #4
Twolegit2quit 
Props total: 987 987  Slaps total: 76 76
 TheIronyIsThat said 🔗

And move the fu#k on.

Just like mothafu#kas that like Death Metal and Thrash Metal probably don't listen to alternative rock. Do you hear White people...

Just some idiots that think going against the grain makes them more intelligent.

Everyone crying about Hip-Hop in general, and acting like a sub-genre of Hip-Hop defines the entire genre needs to eat a fu#king d1ck and put their KK-OON collar back on.

Funny enough, this sh1t started right after the Zionist j3ws saw that Hip-Hop artist weren't supporting their bullsh1t.
Nice false equivalency.

You really think death metal occupies the same space in white culture as hip hop does in black culture?

They play death metal on mainstream radio?

How many death metal bands been to the White House?

You see death metal musicians on ESPN?
+66   

3 months ago '04        #5
virusrev 
Props total: 3366 3 K  Slaps total: 680 680
I remember that study from a few years ago that said metal fans were one of the overall happiest fans with Jazz and Opera.

Rap fans were considered the most unhappy and negative or something.
+13   

3 months ago '04        #6
Real 
Props total: 47784 47 K  Slaps total: 6811 6 K
 TheIronyIsThat said 🔗

And move the fu#k on.

emoji

3 months ago '14        #7
xanaxandbeer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3981 3 K  Slaps total: 3220 3 K
Misoginy is the #1 issue with rap rn. The whole industry sided with tory over meg smh.

3 months ago '21        #8
TheIronyIsThat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 42532 42 K  Slaps total: 6663 6 K
 Twolegit2quit said 🔗
Nice false equivalency.

You really think death metal occupies the same space in white culture as hip hop does in black culture?

They play death metal on mainstream radio?

How many death metal bands been to the White House?

You see death metal musicians on ESPN?

They would be if it was a popular genre of music, right?

emoji

Don't be mad Hip-Hop is still on top.

If you want to listen to your Backstreet Boys and Beethoven Classics from the 1800s still, then pop-one of those frisbees onto that thing that spins it in a circle and sounds like a horror movie is about to begin.

3 months ago '22        #9
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41113 41 K  Slaps total: 3197 3 K
The messaging in rap has never changed but the messangers have... And the consumers have never had more power than we do now... I know what I want to listen to and I listen to it. I know what I don't want to listen to and I don't listen to it. I'm not forced to have to listen to a bunch of music I don't like to eventually hear the song I want to. The consumers have to wield their power more and probably in better more creative ways
+19   

3 months ago '22        #10
rip phife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1714 1 K  Slaps total: 154 154
didnt listen

rape that corpse bushwick bill
emoji

🔗

+4   

3 months ago '21        #11
mypostmakesense  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 20617 20 K  Slaps total: 2463 2 K
Black people love to act like there's nothing wrong with rap music because Black people love to be entertained. Look at this forum for instance. Go into the HHS right now and the threads are all about who's getting murdered, who's fu#king who and who can be the biggest degenerate.

The threads that show our community in the worst light are the most popular and not because people are denouncing the behavior, they're popular because people are actively condoning it. Writing dissertations and analysis pieces on the foolishness. Then have the nerve to act like the crime that comes from the community is acceptable because white people commit crimes too. They'll tell you they're just rapping about what goes on in the community. The cliche 90s excuse.

Nobody raps about cleaning up our streets. Nobody raps about our children reading and doing math below grade level. Nobody raps about going to college and making something of yourself. And of course, we have good people in our community who care and do their best in the world everyday. But we're only as strong as our weakest link. Everybody wants to talk about "vibes" and use all these cute words but if that's the case why on earth would you think listening to murder music on a consistent basis would be a good idea? You can't expose yourself to this foolishness day in and day out without negative consequences.

This music is dangerous and it's been well documented that it was created to destroy our community but n1ggas don't care. They're only concerned with having a good time and anyone that speaks out on it is either white or a c00n.

This is why we'll always be at the bottom. Instead of admitting where we're fu#ked up we have people that will gladly tell you there's nothing wrong with being fu#ked up because they're invested in being entertained. These people are more dangerous than the white people they're constantly condemning.

Last edited by mypostmakesense; 12-04-2023 at 03:56 PM..
+49   

3 months ago '21        #12
JugBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 SeanDon122 said 🔗
The messaging in rap has never changed but the messangers have... And the consumers have never had more power than we do now... I know what I want to listen to and I listen to it. I know what I don't want to listen to and I don't listen to it. I'm not forced to have to listen to a bunch of music I don't like to eventually hear the song I want to. The consumers have to wield their power more and probably in better more creative ways
I hear you and i speak to artist and fans all the time about this. The problem is time (on some Kang The Conqueror s***).

We get FLOODED with new music & artist DAILY! How do you find new music? How do you listen to music? For most people the answer is streaming playlist. Streaming services & playlist that are owned by labels and corporations.

It takes TIME to discover new artist & music and thats TIME that most of us dont have.
+2   

3 months ago '17        #13
Penrythejanitor 
Props total: 11689 11 K  Slaps total: 1097 1 K
 mypostmakesense said 🔗
Black people love to act like there's nothing wrong with rap music because Black people love to be entertained. Look at this forum for instance. Go into the HHS right now and the threads are all about who's getting murdered, who's fu#king who and who can be the biggest degenerate. The threads that show our community in the worst light are the most popular and not because people are denouncing the behavior, they're popular because people are actively condoning it. Writing dissertations and analysis pieces on the foolishness. Then have the nerve to act like the crime that comes from the community is acceptable because white people commit crimes too. They'll tell you they're just rapping about what goes on in the community. The cliche 90s excuse. Nobody raps about cleaning up our streets. Nobody raps about our children reading and doing math below grade level. Nobody raps about going to college and making something of yourself. And of course, we have good people in our community who care and do their best in the world everyday. But we're only as strong as our weakest link. Everybody wants to talk about "vibes" and use all these cute words but if that's the case why on earth would you think listening to murder music on a consistent basis would be a good idea? You can't expose yourself to this foolishness day in and day out without negative consequences. This music is dangerous and it's been well documented that it was created to destroy our community but n1ggas don't care. They're only concerned with having a good time and anyone that speaks out on it is either white or a c00n. This is why we'll always be at the bottom. Instead of admitting where we're fu#ked up we have people that will gladly tell you there's nothing wrong with being fu#ked up because they're invested in being entertained. These people are more dangerous than the white people they're constantly condemning.
Good post

If I can make a suggestion though, paragraphs would help people to read and digest a long and involved post like the one above
+14   

3 months ago '21        #14
mypostmakesense  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 20617 20 K  Slaps total: 2463 2 K
 Penrythejanitor said 🔗
Good post

If I can make a suggestion though, paragraphs would help people to read and digest a long and involved post like the one above
You're right. I was driving and couldn't do it. I'll do it now.
+3   

3 months ago '22        #15
FaceFckDatHoe 
Props total: 6925 6 K  Slaps total: 1637 1 K
Jemele hill is one miserable ugly bi#ch
+3   

3 months ago '21        #16
I dont know how the convo became about other genres of music but in case people forgot HIP HOP is also a culture.

HIP HOP culture as a whole is NOT being represented fully in HIP HOP music commercially.

I agree with jemele hill but to make all of this s*** worst is.... RICK ROSS & JIM JONES ARE LEGACY ARTIST. Meek Mill is also a vet so their reactions as OGs set a poor example for the youth.
+8   

3 months ago '17        #17
Penrythejanitor 
 JugBeats said 🔗
I dont know how the convo became about other genres of music but in case people forgot HIP HOP is also a culture.

HIP HOP culture as a whole is NOT being represented fully in HIP HOP music commercially.

I agree with jemele hill but to make all of this s*** worst is.... RICK ROSS & JIM JONES ARE LEGACY ARTIST. Meek Mill is also a vet so their reactions as OGs set a poor example for the youth.
That's what I always think rap just describes what the MC does

It's linked to hip hop but it's not all of hip hop by any means

And just cause you're rapping don't necessarily mean it's got sh1t to do with hip hop

Like you said the music and culture ain't always the same thing

I can't help thinking a lot of the problems stem from when they don't overlap, and the lack of overlap became more and more noticeable the more and more corporate money and influence got involved
+2   

3 months ago '23        #18
turfpresident 
Props total: 19 19  Slaps total: 91 91
Idgaf bout dis dumbfu#k gold diggin attn h0ein charcoal c#m dumpster explorin neting oda dan su1cide
emoji

3 months ago '21        #19
 Penrythejanitor said 🔗
That's what I always think rap just describes what the MC does

It's linked to hip hop but it's not all of hip hop by any means

And just cause you're rapping don't necessarily mean it's got sh1t to do with hip hop

Like you said the music and culture ain't always the same thing

I can't help thinking a lot of the problems stem from when they don't overlap, and the lack of overlap became more and more noticeable the more and more corporate money and influence got involved
It overlaps because hip hop culture is black culture and the average consumer of this black culture are white people and these corporations wanna make black people look bad. We are way more than sh**ters, strippers and scammers.
+6   

3 months ago '17        #20
Penrythejanitor 
 JugBeats said 🔗
It overlaps because hip hop culture is black culture and the average consumer of this black culture are white people and these corporations wanna make black people look bad. We are way more than sh**ters, strippers and scammers.
Corporate money in hip hop has been 10% blessing and 90% curse

The whitening of the audience ain't done any favours either
+10   

3 months ago '15        #21
Ace dealer 
Props total: 41669 41 K  Slaps total: 2741 2 K
 mypostmakesense said 🔗
Black people love to act like there's nothing wrong with rap music because Black people love to be entertained. Look at this forum for instance. Go into the HHS right now and the threads are all about who's getting murdered, who's fu#king who and who can be the biggest degenerate.

The threads that show our community in the worst light are the most popular and not because people are denouncing the behavior, they're popular because people are actively condoning it. Writing dissertations and analysis pieces on the foolishness. Then have the nerve to act like the crime that comes from the community is acceptable because white people commit crimes too. They'll tell you they're just rapping about what goes on in the community. The cliche 90s excuse.

Nobody raps about cleaning up our streets. Nobody raps about our children reading and doing math below grade level. Nobody raps about going to college and making something of yourself. And of course, we have good people in our community who care and do their best in the world everyday. But we're only as strong as our weakest link. Everybody wants to talk about "vibes" and use all these cute words but if that's the case why on earth would you think listening to murder music on a consistent basis would be a good idea? You can't expose yourself to this foolishness day in and day out without negative consequences.

This music is dangerous and it's been well documented that it was created to destroy our community but n1ggas don't care. They're only concerned with having a good time and anyone that speaks out on it is either white or a c00n.

This is why we'll always be at the bottom. Instead of admitting where we're fu#ked up we have people that will gladly tell you there's nothing wrong with being fu#ked up because they're invested in being entertained. These people are more dangerous than the white people they're constantly condemning.

Facts!
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '18        #22
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 137092 137 K  Slaps total: 7795 7 K
Shorty a youtuber now?
emoji
and n1ggas still checking for her...
emoji
dude with the glasses still on espn?
+3   

3 months ago '11        #23
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 73623 73 K  Slaps total: 10151 10 K
 TheIronyIsThat said 🔗

And move the fu#k on.

Death and Thrash metal music isnt being pushed in the mainstream. They dont get mcdonalds deals and show up at elementary schools to shake their a$s for the kids. Trash rap is being used in a very different way.

Last edited by Tony Franks; 12-05-2023 at 10:31 AM..
+9   

3 months ago '16        #24
Cedwards198451 
Props total: 11825 11 K  Slaps total: 4596 4 K
Who cares what this c#nt has to say

3 months ago '11        #25
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 48662 48 K  Slaps total: 2690 2 K
is she talking about both sides or just about the men?
+10   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+7313
Cardi B went CRAZY on her Live-Stream 🍈 🍈 🥛 🥛
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+214