online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Is Anyone Here Able To Articulate How Much Better An Elite NBA Player Is Than...

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

3 months ago '19        #1
4276 page views
139 comments

SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 54068 54 K  Slaps total: 34762 34 K
Is Anyone Here Able To Articulate How Much Better An Elite NBA Player Is Than...

...your standard week-end warrior who can hoop really damn well?

Just had a conversation with two of my younger cousins, and they don't believe dudes like Dame, Kyrie, and Steph can be but so much better than other dudes who are nice of the same size, because they have no real size and athletic advantages.

I can actually understand why they feel that way, because it's hard to look at an averaged size hooper and think he's out of this world, as opposed to dudes like Bronze, Giannis, KD, etc... who look like they could out-size and out-athletic motherfu#kers.
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
139 comments

3 months ago '04        #2
A.G 
Props total: 14364 14 K  Slaps total: 3161 3 K
🔗

+40   

3 months ago '05        #3
StateProperty88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28736 28 K  Slaps total: 3034 3 K
i dont think we can truly fathom how much work athletes put into their craft, specifically to become professional at it.

lou williams said in an interview that since ive seen it stuck with me because ive never really thought of it and i think he was referencing something similar to what you are talking about

"we are professional basketball players, we play when we don't want to play". it's simple i know but it shows you the type of mindset you have to have to truly be successful not just in basketball but in pretty much anything. couple that with being genetic anomalies helps create the recipe of what you see on tv being way greater than what you see at an LA fitness
+40   

3 months ago '10        #4
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 93410 93 K  Slaps total: 9430 9 K
 A.G said 🔗
↪🔗
That Van Vleet sh1t
emoji
+5   

3 months ago '19        #5
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
 StateProperty88 said 🔗
i dont think we can truly fathom how much work athletes put into their craft, specifically to become professional at it.

lou williams said in an interview that since ive seen it stuck with me because ive never really thought of it and i think he was referencing something similar to what you are talking about

"we are professional basketball players, we play when we don't want to play". it's simple i know but it shows you the type of mindset you have to have to truly be successful not just in basketball but in pretty much anything. couple that with being genetic anomalies helps create the recipe of what you see on tv being way greater than what you see at an LA fitness
Fair enough, but it's obvious that many people have a hard time grasping that level ability because it's so far removed from their lives.

Dudes see 6'3" and under guys all the time, and it's just hard to image someone can be all-world at that size, for some people .... when they have no ridiculous athletic advantages.

Like I said, nobody even pretends they can beat someone like KD. He don't look beatable by an average Joe. That's just an example.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #6
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 184422 184 K  Slaps total: 50228 50 K
The ski1l level between a starting and back up Qb is more impressive. One player going down can ki1l the entire season for a team
+24   

3 months ago '19        #7
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
 Tha Boss said 🔗
The ski1l level between a starting and back up Qb is more impressive. One player going down can ki1l the entire season for a team
Never thought about that.
+2   

3 months ago '11        #8
0ddJoB 
Props total: 14166 14 K  Slaps total: 8058 8 K
d1ck Riding at an all time high
+2   

3 months ago '16        #9
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 149154 149 K  Slaps total: 19562 19 K
Most n1ggas are out of touch with reality.

I’ve heard grown men claim it’s magnets on the rims in the NBA and that’s what makes guys like Curry look so great shooting the ball.
+31   

3 months ago '05        #10
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 42454 42 K  Slaps total: 4374 4 K
I always reference White Mamba schooling normal joes.

🔗

+21   

3 months ago '09        #11
2nd2none 
Props total: 12348 12 K  Slaps total: 1549 1 K
An elite weekend warrior might not look like an embarrassment on a d league court. Put him against elite talent in the association....stop it
+3   

3 months ago '10        #12
6.Yrs 
Props total: 44423 44 K  Slaps total: 2472 2 K
 SuperP@WGHunter said 🔗
...your standard week-end warrior who can hoop really damn well?

Just had a conversation with two of my younger cousins, and they don't believe dudes like Dame, Kyrie, and Steph can be but so much better than other dudes who are nice of the same size, because they have no real size and athletic advantages.

I can actually understand why they feel that way, because it's hard to look at an averaged size hooper and think he's out of this world, as opposed to dudes like Bronze, Giannis, KD, etc... who look like they could out-size and out-athletic motherfu#kers.

+45   

3 months ago '19        #13
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 175722 175 K  Slaps total: 45818 45 K
 SuperP@WGHunter said 🔗
Fair enough, but it's obvious that many people have a hard time grasping that level ability because it's so far removed from their lives.

Dudes see 6'3" and under guys all the time, and it's just hard to image someone can be all-world at that size, for some people .... when they have no ridiculous athletic advantages.

Like I said, nobody even pretends they can beat someone like KD. He don't look beatable by an average Joe. That's just an example.
Nba pgs are still taller than the average joe

Kyrie and steph are not little people
+22   

3 months ago '08        #14
Ron O'Neal 
Props total: 9017 9 K  Slaps total: 360 360
I've played against C and D level nba talent and they are unstoppable against regular players at your local LA fitness or whatever gym you play at. To this day Gerald Henderson is one of the strongest players I've ever played against. I remember thinking to myself if he is this strong I couldn't imagine how strong guys like Giannis, LeBron, etc are. Those players are strong enough to bully Gerald and Gerald was at LA fitness bullying the hell out of every player there with ease!!
+31   

3 months ago '05        #15
th4lb 
Props total: 17791 17 K  Slaps total: 1615 1 K
You really don’t realize how big guys like Steph and Kyrie are until you get some decent seats at a NBA game…get some seats by the tunnel and you realize
+21   

3 months ago '05        #16
th4lb 
Your weekend warriors are playing against weak comp and only hoop a few days out the week at most…NBA players are hooping everyday…and if the weekend warrior had a shot in the nba he’d be in the nba
+5   

3 months ago '05        #17
StateProperty88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28736 28 K  Slaps total: 3034 3 K
 SuperP@WGHunter said 🔗

part of the reason it's so far removed from our lives is because many of us arent GREAT at anything. so we don't understand the amount of work and dedication to truly be great. and to be clear, nba players are GREAT basketball players

and i disagree with the athletic advantage, nba players have a huge athletic advantage. for one they are genetic freaks, secondly they've been training to be athletes most of their lives. they are in the 1% of all of society when it comes to that. these guys have trained their body for years to play the best athletes in their sport running up and down a court for 35-40 minutes 82 times in a 6 month span at the HIGHEST level

if you are capable of doing that you have physical advantages, earned advantages...but advantages nonetheless
+3   

3 months ago '14        #18
ab650 
Props total: 1003 1 K  Slaps total: 158 158
 MHP Trotty said 🔗
Most n1ggas are out of touch with reality.

I’ve heard grown men claim it’s magnets on the rims in the NBA and that’s what makes guys like Curry look so great shooting the ball.
If they did use magnets it would be to make certain teams miss.

3 months ago '04        #19
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 51146 51 K  Slaps total: 1701 1 K
 6.Yrs said 🔗
↪🔗
Came to post this quote.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #20
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 51146 51 K  Slaps total: 1701 1 K
 th4lb said 🔗
You really don’t realize how big guys like Steph and Kyrie are until you get some decent seats at a NBA game…get some seats by the tunnel and you realize
I had floor seats when Anthony Davis and Boogie Cousins were playing for the Pelicans. It was shocking seeing both of them in person.
+8   

3 months ago '06        #21
Creasy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 25321 25 K  Slaps total: 1672 1 K
 Tha Boss said 🔗
QB is the toughest position in all sports.

3 months ago '05        #22
th4lb 
 Fresh Beats said 🔗
I had floor seats when Anthony Davis and Boogie Cousins were playing for the Pelicans. It was shocking seeing both of them in person.
Just saw AD earlier this week and dude is big…saw Steph last month and he looks a lot bigger and stronger in person…TV doesn’t do any of these dudes justice
+3   

3 months ago '16        #23
uncleDrew 
Props total: 8089 8 K  Slaps total: 906 906
Articulate the unarticulated semantics of expansions and talent

3 months ago '15        #24
TalibanDread 
Props total: 66076 66 K  Slaps total: 6316 6 K
I played against Darrell Armstrong back in the early 2000s at a local rec. Dude was handing out buckets like he was on a fisher price goal. And this was just before he retired
emoji
+12   

3 months ago '07        #25
MOTTAFOOKAH 
Props total: 8214 8 K  Slaps total: 1312 1 K
What? Have any of them actually seen an actual NBA game in person? Try shooting a fu#king NBA 3 and seeing how “easy” it is.. Im assuming these n1ggas never played? You have a lot more respect if you were an athlete for 1, and for 2 if you actually played the given sport..,
+9   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hold on so Diddy and Meek Mill were in situationship ?
226 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-1617
Video inside Doja Cat is hidden
33 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Feb 27 - Bitcoin hits two-year high
254 comments