online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Dec 1 - McDonald’s - No more dry burgers

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

3 months ago '23        #1
6806 page views
171 comments

ThesOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11596 11 K  Slaps total: 2133 2 K
icon Dec 1 - McDonald’s - No more dry burgers

McDonald’s decided it’s had enough with dry patties and squishy buns. For the past seven years, the chain that made its name on burgers has been on a quest to improve its signature offering.

The changes are now rolling out in the U.S., including on its Big Mac. The two all-beef patties are cooked in smaller batches for a more uniform sear. There’s more special sauce. The lettuce, cheese and pickles have been rethought to be fresher and meltier, and the bun is now a buttery brioche, with the sesame seeds more randomly scattered for a homemade look.
The more than 50 tweaks on its burgers add up to the Chicago-based company’s biggest upgrades in decades to its core menu. With increased competition in the burger market—especially from higher-end, fast-casual burger chains such as Five Guys—executives decided to revamp some of the industrial-scale techniques that have produced cheap, uniform burgers. In some cases, McDonald’s is reviving practices it scrapped long ago in a push for efficiency.

“We can do it quick, fast and safe, but it doesn’t necessarily taste great. So, we want to incorporate quality into where we’re at,” said Chris Young, McDonald’s senior director of global menu strategy.

McDonald’s is running billboards trumpeting “our best burgers ever.” The Hamburglar is making a comeback to star in a new ad campaign.

McDonald’s has held on to the sales boom that the Covid-19 pandemic delivered to quick-service restaurants, and is growing faster than its chief rivals. The company’s U.S. same-store sales increased 10.3% in 2022, compared with 2.2% for Burger King and 3.9% for Wendy’s. Last year, the Golden Arches earned $6.2 billion in profit.

The company is pushing to maintain its momentum as the economy threatens to slow and competition grows. The U.S. burger market brings in an estimated $136 billion in annual food-service sales, according to research firm Euromonitor.

Earlier this year, McDonald’s came in 13th among U.S. chains based on the number of recent customers calling their burgers desirable, with only 28% of respondents saying they crave them, according to a survey of about 49,000 consumers by market research firm Technomic. White Castle led the list with 72%, and Burger King followed at 52%.

Sales for higher-end, fast-casual burger chains are growing faster than traditional players, Technomic said. Newer chains like Smashburger, Five Guys and Shake Shack have popularized the smash-burger technique—placing a round wad of beef on a hot grill and mashing it flat with a spatula to produce thin, flavorful patties.

Other outlets revamping their burgers include casual-dining chain Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, which this year subbed in flat-top grills that provided more sear than the conveyor-belt style ovens that cooked its patties for years. Executives added seasoning and tomatoes ripened in-house for improved flavor, and sampled mountains of buns, mayonnaise and pickles.

“I can’t even tell you the ungodly amount of buns that we went through into making our recipe,” said Red Robin Chief Executive G.J. Hart.
With drive-in chain Sonic’s cheeseburger, the cheese now sits between the bottom bun and the patty to improve melting, and the lettuce is chopped, rather than shredded, to increase crispness and reduce browning. Even Arby’s, known for its thinly sliced roast beef sandwiches, last year debuted a burger with a blend of American wagyu and ground beef cooked sous-vide style, at low temperatures for a longer period, to lock in juices.

Burgers last year accounted for around 40% of U.S. fast-food sales, and most chains can’t make it without a strong contender. An estimated 68% of Americans eat burgers at fast-food restaurants at least once a month, according to market research firm Datassential.

Burger King U.S. President Tom Curtis puts it another way: “It’s everything.” His company is replacing underperforming flame broilers in its kitchens. The chain’s parent, Restaurant Brands International, has sunk millions of dollars into new ad campaigns, including a “Whopper, Whopper, Whopper, Whopper” jingle.

Kind of dry’

In a McDonald’s test kitchen inside its Chicago headquarters earlier this year, chef Chad Schafer made a double cheeseburger in the chain’s standard fashion—topped with uncooked onions and a slice of cheese pulled from a cooler, with a standard bun.

Schafer then made one the new way. He cooked the beef with the onions on top of the patty, added room-temperature cheese that melted faster and put it all on the shinier brioche-style bun, a moister bread to better hold heat.

“One is hotter,” Schafer said. “It looks meltier. Look at how my fingers sink into the bun. Smell it and you smell a big difference.”

https://www.wsj.com/busin .. -menu-2400d22b

icon
best
icon
worst
171 comments

3 months ago '23        #2
ThesOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
Props total: 11596 11 K  Slaps total: 2133 2 K
In B4 BX nutritionists claim they stopped eating McDonalds decades ago and/or it’s too expensive.

emoji
+147   

3 months ago '22        #3
Haichiroku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13619 13 K  Slaps total: 4839 4 K
 ThesOne said 🔗
In B4 BX nutritionists claim they stopped eating McDonalds decades ago and/or it’s too expensive.

emoji
How much is a large fry at McDonalds?
+10   

3 months ago '22        #4
ITookTheRedPill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 19906 19 K  Slaps total: 14679 14 K
They need to tweak them prices.
+58   

3 months ago '04        #5
Hardkore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21563 21 K  Slaps total: 1722 1 K
Grilling or cooking a burger the way you like it…

…always beats the fast food crap burgers imo.

emoji

My outdoor grilled burgers be juicy, tasty, medium-rare, Smokey, and delicious.

emoji

None of those words describe a big mac or a whopper.

emoji
+56   

3 months ago '04        #6
ItAlY2BkLyN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 85967 85 K  Slaps total: 15303 15 K
the best food you can engineer
+20   

3 months ago '17        #7
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 143314 143 K  Slaps total: 58772 58 K
They should stop making "food."
+23   

3 months ago '13        #8
3nl1ght3ned 
Props total: 15025 15 K  Slaps total: 9426 9 K
 ThesOne said 🔗

emoji
Lol it never fails.
emoji

"its better to just make your own burger at home broooooooooo fast food bad. I butcher my own meat, grow my own produce and grow the potatoes in my backyard"
emoji

Last edited by 3nl1ght3ned; 12-01-2023 at 02:50 PM..
+59   

3 months ago '09        #9
RaIVIpAG3x 
Props total: 6815 6 K  Slaps total: 1846 1 K
 Hardkore said 🔗

emoji

emoji

emoji
Idk how y’all n1gga can eat a bloody burger.. meat wild soft and mushy .. I seen somebody get a rare and it was just a little puddle on the plate of blood that’s wild
+28   

3 months ago '14        #10
ab650 
Props total: 1003 1 K  Slaps total: 158 158
 Hardkore said 🔗

emoji

emoji

emoji
Certain burgers have a signature taste that isnt economical to make at home, unless you serving a party.
+5   

3 months ago '07        #11
Jumbo Rondo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 55803 55 K  Slaps total: 7146 7 K
McDonald’s the only affordable fast food right now
emoji

3 months ago '15        #12
mawu 
Props total: 8246 8 K  Slaps total: 687 687
Wait on the list for most craved, "White Castle led the list with 72%, and Burger King followed at 52%." Is that good cause I think white castle puts crack in them sliders.
+2   

3 months ago '04        #13
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 122615 122 K  Slaps total: 8025 8 K
 RaIVIpAG3x said 🔗
Idk how y’all n1gga can eat a bloody burger.. meat wild soft and mushy .. I seen somebody get a rare and it was just a little puddle on the plate of blood that’s wild
Facts, bad enough that red meat has to "rot" in your body to pa$s thru your system, then add it's not fully cooked is a recipe for disaster
+2   

3 months ago '22        #14
ITookTheRedPill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 19906 19 K  Slaps total: 14679 14 K
 Jumbo Rondo said 🔗
McDonald’s the only affordable fast food right now
emoji
This ain't pre biden McDonald's anymore. It's more expensive than most places. McDonald's prices are insane. Especially considering the trash service and mediocre food. They've lost their mind.
+9   

3 months ago '07        #15
Jumbo Rondo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 55803 55 K  Slaps total: 7146 7 K
 ITookTheRedPill said 🔗
This ain't pre biden McDonald's anymore. It's more expensive than most places. McDonald's prices are insane. Especially considering the trash service and mediocre food. They've lost their mind.
The area I live at McDonald’s is the cheapest fast food especially combined with the deals on the app
+8   

3 months ago '17        #16
StandUpFella09 
Props total: 17275 17 K  Slaps total: 1971 1 K
 Hardkore said 🔗

emoji

emoji

emoji
I feel you bro, I'd rather grill me some Angus steak burgers myself...but when you out and about all day, that's when fast food comes to play...I prefer walking into BK or McDonald's myself every now and then...I always make sure they cook it fresh.
+5   

3 months ago '04        #17
goldenchild7317 
Props total: 7241 7 K  Slaps total: 865 865
Making your own burgers always > mcdonalds

I just do not like keeping that sh1t in the crib. I rather a steak..

Mcdonalds only be hitting when you drunk. I don't know how anyone eats that sh1t sober. McStomach ache

+4   

3 months ago '05        #18
Scorpz 
Props total: 64424 64 K  Slaps total: 4789 4 K
 ITookTheRedPill said 🔗
The prices are wild.. like $3.50 for a double cheeseburger that used to cost a buck back then is nuts.. but if u use the McDs app u'll save mad money with the deals.. plus it gives u reward points to redeem even more food.. if u broke McDs the best bang for ur buck fast food wise right now..
emoji
+10   

3 months ago '18        #19
Jwardisback3rd 
Props total: 7000 7 K  Slaps total: 805 805
Ate five guys burger the other day, sh1t was so trash.. typically it’s on point

In n out would never do me like that. On point every time
+7   

3 months ago '06        #20
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 14935 14 K  Slaps total: 1417 1 K
 Hardkore said 🔗

emoji

emoji

emoji
Only fast food burger I really FW anymore is Culver’s double bacon deluxe. That sh1ts fire.
+1   

3 months ago '06        #21
jester2trife 
Props total: 17289 17 K  Slaps total: 5386 5 K
 ITookTheRedPill said 🔗
The fat fu#k coaltion orders McDoubles and says "dress them like a Big Mac" and its the same sh1t for like $2 less, if diabetes and obesity is what youre going for.

3 months ago '19        #22
DadeCounty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 90886 90 K  Slaps total: 8734 8 K
 ITookTheRedPill said 🔗

So Biden is responsible for McDonald’s prices too??

emoji
+6   

3 months ago '10        #23
SmoothTay  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 167635 167 K  Slaps total: 28195 28 K
 DadeCounty said 🔗
So Biden is responsible for McDonald’s prices too??

emoji
Yea Biden Administration is responsible for this horrible inflation bro

People forget how cheap things were in 2019

The price of everything going up correlates exactly with the new administration …that cant be denied
+1   

3 months ago '18        #24
GustavoB88 
Props total: 5769 5 K  Slaps total: 907 907
 Haichiroku said 🔗
How much is a large fry at McDonalds?
Didn't mean to slap but damn near $5
+2   

3 months ago '07        #25
OVERLORD 
Props total: 40920 40 K  Slaps total: 10969 10 K
our best gmo burgers ever!
+3   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2025
Image(s) inside Mind = blown
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jada Pinkett Smith Spins the Block Again
71 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney on Instagram today…
28 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+177
Image(s) inside Meek twitter finger Mill "Stop asking if I'm gay Ima just play it raw"
142 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop