online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Xbox going Third Party Confirmed by Microsoft!

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 months ago '16        #1
1948 page views
151 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 25165 25 K  Slaps total: 4291 4 K
icon Xbox going Third Party Confirmed by Microsoft!

Read here:

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ .. -generative-ai

https://techraptor.net/ga .. ccess-in-games

Stuart also mentions that Activision and Blizzard's games have gone from lower-margin third-party entities to high-margin first-party. Call of Duty on Xbox will also go from low-margin to high-margin and Microsoft will be able to drive high-margin sales on PlayStation and Nintendo as well.

emoji

What’s the plan now my Xbox brothers?

icon
best
icon
worst
151 comments

3 months ago '12        #2
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39471 39 K  Slaps total: 3970 3 K
I don't think that comment means what you think it means.
+16   

3 months ago '23        #3
KlimSenobi 
Props total: 2589 2 K  Slaps total: 803 803
n1ggas here have 3rd grade level reading comprehension.
+14   

3 months ago '17        #4
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 36308 36 K  Slaps total: 2974 2 K
 Faythung said 🔗
Basically saying we're going to bring game pa$s and xcloud to everything we can.

Op made it seem like xbox was gonna go the dreamcast route.
+7   

3 months ago '21        #5
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 41418 41 K  Slaps total: 11870 11 K
You guys are dumb as fu#k

There plan has always been to phase out consoles and use gamepa$s as there model

That’s why even though I’m a Sony fan , I always knew in the long run Microsoft would win because they are a extremely bigger company and have way more money in the Long run
+2   

3 months ago '17        #6
Nosbig 
Props total: 9655 9 K  Slaps total: 1600 1 K
 Jonny2soxs said 🔗

There plan has always been to phase out consoles and use gamepa$s as there model

That’s why even though I’m a Sony fan , I always knew in the long run Microsoft would win because they are a extremely bigger company and have way more money in the Long run
Crazier when I said this years ago right before they announced the smasung deal Sony ppl were calling me stupid LOL

3 months ago '22        #7
God Bless You 
Props total: 26324 26 K  Slaps total: 21880 21 K
When a company stops sharing subscriber numbers, you know it’s bad. They’re already feeling the pressure to make that 80 billion dollars back

Never gonna happen

3 months ago '16        #8
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
 Faythung said 🔗
Oh?

CFO literally name drops PlayStation and Nintendo.
Calls them competitors “of the past”. - past tense
Reinforces they want their games on both.
Talks about game SALES, not JUST subscription. SALES MARGIN on PlayStation on Nintendo. This is clearly bigger than just Gamepa$s everywhere.

And that means what? Let me guess. A generic goal they’ve talked about before? All their games everywhere?

They also said, they plan on exiting in 2027 if it doesn’t pick up. If you’ve been paying attention, they’re on a decline in there third year which is unheard of. This court find Insinuates that this gen may be their last, given the time and timelines historically for console generations.

What don’t I get exactly?
+4   

3 months ago '20        #9
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x273
Props total: 143095 143 K  Slaps total: 30795 30 K
You came out of hiding to post this OP

I’m disappointed
+5   

3 months ago '04        #10
kalico17  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4429 4 K  Slaps total: 469 469
 Faythung said 🔗
lol facts

Microsoft has confirmed numerous times they are going to continue to produce consoles meanwhile half this thread is people stating they are phasing out Xbox

Boxden is fu#king wild
+5   

3 months ago '16        #11
 kalico17 said 🔗
lol facts

Microsoft has confirmed numerous times they are going to continue to produce consoles meanwhile half this thread is people stating they are phasing out Xbox

Boxden is fu#king wild
Court documents are solid brother.

Is a trillion dollar company who spent 100 billion in a 250 billion dollar industry supposed to come out and tell their consumers and investors they’re pulling out now mid generation?

Does that make sense to you?

This isn’t an analyst coming out and predicting Microsoft is pulling out by 2027, it’s MICROSOFT

3 months ago '12        #12
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 67096 67 K  Slaps total: 22479 22 K
 Novii said 🔗
Oh?

Talks about game SALES, not JUST subscription. SALES MARGIN on PlayStation on Nintendo. This is clearly bigger than just Gamepa$s everywhere.

And that means what? Let me guess. A generic goal they’ve talked about before? All their games everywhere?

They also said, they plan on exiting in 2027 if it doesn’t pick up. If you’ve been paying attention, they’re on a decline in there third year which is unheard of. This court find Insinuates that this gen may be their last, given the time and timelines historically for console generations.

You're quoting a mf that believes he's the smartest person in the room everytime... We know what this means but MS top management have to be so careful with their words coz they know they have a fragile fanbase... Also you don't wanna make it obvious to the public that they no longer need a Xbox console

3 months ago '05        #13
P-Hill 
Props total: 42877 42 K  Slaps total: 2712 2 K
emoji

3 months ago '17        #14
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227575 227 K  Slaps total: 41637 41 K
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
This makes no sense. I don’t get this rumor. How can a company that STRUGGLES to put out games consistently go to 3rd party?

Why would any consumer pick Game Pa$s over PS Plus or Steam?

emoji

This is why Xbox is struggling. Their leadership has no direction.

3 months ago '17        #15
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124249 124 K  Slaps total: 48120 48 K
 Novii said 🔗
Oh?

These dudes just be saying vague comments in hopes of getting props and having other d1ckriders cosign them.

Again as I always state before, every other corner of the internet had the same takeaway from this sh1t EXCEPT boxden. These the same n1ggas that was justifying Bethesda replying back to people negatively reviewing Starfield with marketing bullsh1t
+3   

3 months ago '05        #16
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50767 50 K  Slaps total: 6319 6 K
 THExTAKEOVER said 🔗
Basically saying we're going to bring game pa$s and xcloud to everything we can.

Op made it seem like xbox was gonna go the dreamcast route.
The best option is to get native gamepa$s on steam deck but they won't let that happen
+2   

3 months ago '17        #17
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124249 124 K  Slaps total: 48120 48 K
 kalico17 said 🔗
lol facts

Boxden is fu#king wild
These companies also promised us 4K/120FPS
+1   

3 months ago '17        #18
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227575 227 K  Slaps total: 41637 41 K
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Jonny2soxs said 🔗

Why would anybody on a PC choose Game Pa$s over Steam?

Why would anyone on PS choose Game Pa$s over PS Plus?

None of this sh1t makes any sense. A company that STRUGGLED to make games is now supposed to ONLY make games?

emoji

Their problem IS Game Pass. The streaming business model is a money losing strategy in general and even worse with video games.

68 Billion on Activision and 7 Billion on Bugthesda, and they mostly make First Person games. So now Halo vs COD cannablization happens within the same company

It’s just constant mistakes coming from Xbox

emoji
+1   

3 months ago '12        #19
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 67096 67 K  Slaps total: 22479 22 K
 justin747 said 🔗
This makes no sense. I don’t get this rumor. How can a company that STRUGGLES to put out games consistently go to 3rd party?

emoji

This is exactly why they spent $100Billion on buying sh1t... Plan was to buy fans but so far none of the sh1t they bought made people buy Xbox consoles in droves... They wanted games on a service that fans could only get from them... But what's happened so far is gaming fans have shown them over and over again that they're willing to just live without any of the sh1t Microsoft bought... We saw that now with Starfield, they expected fans to buy a Xbox just coz a game was made by Bethesda, that's why they went after Kojima's project as well, they're willing to do anything

3 months ago '06        #20
snaxxx 
Props total: 11663 11 K  Slaps total: 1822 1 K
Sounds like Xbox games will drop on PlayStation day 1
+1   

3 months ago '23        #21
Typewriter 
Props total: 7091 7 K  Slaps total: 5176 5 K
 Faythung said 🔗
How else would you read it besides "we want gamepa$s offered on every single platform"?

3 months ago '16        #22
 justin747 said 🔗

emoji

I agree with you because HISTORICALLY, Xbox’s release schedule has been a half pack of stale ass.

I think what’s happening here or trying to make sense of it myself is, with all these acquisitions, they’re going to get a steady release schedule going sooner or later. They’ve been talking about a major release every quarter. They finally had a good release year this year, just in terms of getting things out the door. The quality of those releases is another story.

But if you look at it from the standpoint of, they have all these companies and IP’s, How will it be distributed in the future off a sub model that hasn’t grown meaningfully in 2 years? The take two “30 mill subs on gamepass” was in 2021, and the reported number is still 25m.
emoji

I don’t think consumers would pick gamepa$s over ps plus, but I DO think gamers would be willing to pay for gamepa$s on PS/Nin if it made sense. Not like the EA play or Ubisoft subs that are currently available on PS. I haven’t subbed to either personally

3 months ago '23        #23
Typewriter 
Props total: 7091 7 K  Slaps total: 5176 5 K
 Jonny2soxs said 🔗

Bingo, I like both for different reasons, but it's obvious that Xbox is on its way out of the hardware space.

Or, if it isn't obvious that it IS, it's obvious that it SHOULD.

Consoles are and for a long time have been loss leaders, using them as the cornerstone of your business model is unsustainable now that tech and assembly has become so expensive. Xbox doesn't sell consoles like that in the first place, so why waste money on all that production when you can spend it all on development and licensing deals?

The fact that the fanboys lose their mind over this suggestion is baffling to me.

3 months ago '12        #24
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39471 39 K  Slaps total: 3970 3 K
 Novii said 🔗
O

There is no quote from Tim Stuart where he says they are getting out of the console business (and certainly not before Sony or Nintendo do,) or one where he says that all first party games will be available on other platforms.

So I guess understanding the word 'confirmed' is the part you don't get.

3 months ago '04        #25
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 20550 20 K  Slaps total: 2569 2 K
Only a matter of time. Console sales are bad and they can't pull themselves out of that hole. Best to ki1l the console business. Pump time and resources into their publishers for a gamepa$s release on all consoles, phones, TV apps.

I mean this is what they wanted,Gamepa$s to be the gaming Netflix. I'm here for it as long as the price is right.

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside John Schneider compared Beyonce to a peeing dog
28 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Feb 20 - $100K goes the furthest in these US cities, study finds
66 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+656
Video inside Donnell Rawlings Goes Ballistic on Comedian Corey Holcomb at Laugh Fact..
186 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+255
logo JJ is talking about ya'll now
45 comments
18 hours ago
@sports