online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Busta rhymes recalls dmx's heated reaction to jay-z's 'why we die' verse

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

3 months ago '18        #1
2756 page views
50 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x253
Props total: 314477 314 K  Slaps total: 10312 10 K
icon Busta Rhymes Recalls DMX's Heated Reaction to Jay-Z's 'Why We Die' Verse

“ Busta Rhymes has recalled that DMX had a heavy reaction to JAY-Z’s verse on their classic cut “Why We Die.”

Appearing on Shopping For Sneakers with Kick Game, Busta detailed how X wanted to improve his verse after hearing that Hov was going to be on the track.

“My man Eric Nicks brought back the two-inch reel with DMX’s verse on it and JAY-Z didn’t spit yet,” he said. “So when we put the record out and Dog heard JAY-Z was on it, he stepped to Eric Nicks and he called me and was like, ‘Yo, you know that verse was just a ref, right? N-ggas went and put JAY-Z… If I’d have known that sh1t I’d have spit my sh1t better!’

“I was like, ‘But Dog, your sh1t was crazy!’ He was like, ‘fu#k that. Y’all ain’t tell me that Jay was getting on the sh1t. Next time we do a song, let me hear my sh1t finished first!’ Dog’s passion, I can’t even compare it to nothing else in existence.”

YT

Busta Rhymes also detailed DMX’s at times complicated creative process, saying: “Dog would tell you he coming to the studio and then he’ll tell you to meet him somewhere. You gotta go four-wheel motorcycle riding with him first, you gotta go to the hobby store and he’ll buy like a $30,000 remote control car and he builds it and then he wants to play with it in the street.

“Dog would take you on like a 15-hour excursion before he’d come studio, and then you’re lucky if he comes that day. He might make you do that sh1t for three days in a row before he’d pull up to the studio — but when he come, he gonna deliver.”

What DMX Was Really Like In The Studio: A Deep Dive

“Why We Die” is the classic collaboration between Busta Rhymes, DMX and JAY-Z that was included on Busta’s 2000 album Anarchy.

DMX also featured on Busta’s star-studded remix of “Touch It” in 2006, which also boasted verses from Eminem, Lloyd Banks, Missy Elliott, Mary J. Blige, Papoose and Rah Digga.”

https://hiphopdx.com/news .. y-z-why-we-die

YT

@Two 40 Shorty @O1as @biscuit @ChampD1012 @NoLedge18720 @Redrum741 @BobbiHeadRagTopTone @Alessandro88 @GrgeClrk @Okka @dacoolestg @ThunnLanguage @Nahmeanuheard @Prodigital SC @BaseWhitaker @DeadleeThreat @Leatherfacefr @servesurite @problym_chyld04 @Badnewz100 @AndyMuller @MiNimE3 @Bklynzfinest @sauvies @NVious @NAKHI ALLAH @GorillaGlue @Real @jet fuel @D-Clutch @2MuchSauce @smokeytheblunt2 @P DRILLA @iamlegend24 @Captain Fresh @4evaabso @Cutty Olds @rello99 @PROV @jigga_benjamin @ol natl 44+ @BathWaterMelody @Bill Wallace @SPdaGOAT @stealthm91 @consigliereA @Shhon @TrillestTalk404 @BangEm904 @OGpremo @victorious187 @Pretty @youngmic @Knowledgeable @Ron Swanson @Kyu @True School 2 @hardcore bastad @talkofny2k4 @WaveForLife2 @Avon_Barksdale @EastAfrican @MightyHealthy2 @Taree @Naga Sadow @drose1985 @Adwerdz @Dino87 @CRL @akverse47 @VicDutch @TheLuminousOne @Beach city @Pushin P @Jikkles @Gotti Pippen @Ski1ly713 @whitesand @Tha Boss @Almightyvsop @BigBoo44 @KREW @I Am The Truth @CheebaHawk21 @fullpoundsdotel @Sucka Repellent @Okka @frankwhite @LarryFresh

Last edited by Eclectic; 11-28-2023 at 11:37 AM..
+49   

icon
best
icon
worst
50 comments

3 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124545 124 K  Slaps total: 48250 48 K
This song is so slept on. X and Hov ate
+51   

3 months ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 122632 122 K  Slaps total: 8026 8 K
 SPdaGOAT said 🔗
Facts
+9   

3 months ago '19        #4
Okka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37023 37 K  Slaps total: 1435 1 K
Classic song that doesn't get mentioned much.
+32   

3 months ago '20        #5
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68356 68 K  Slaps total: 5272 5 K
 SPdaGOAT said 🔗
Facts I usually cut it off at Busta’s verse. X and Jay brought pain to that track, Busta’s verse felt phoned in
+15   

3 months ago '04        #6
ddash 
Props total: 128217 128 K  Slaps total: 8986 8 K
Always was a dope track
+6   

3 months ago '04        #7
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 122632 122 K  Slaps total: 8026 8 K
 POWER RAPS said 🔗
Facts I usually cut it off at Busta’s verse. X and Jay brought pain to that track, Busta’s verse felt phoned in
sh1ts was weird
+2   

3 months ago '13        #8
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 195908 195 K  Slaps total: 80172 80 K
emoji
YOOUNNNGGGGGGGGGG
+5   

3 months ago '17        #9
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124545 124 K  Slaps total: 48250 48 K
 POWER RAPS said 🔗
Yea his sh1t was significantly weaker than those two, kinda like Brossface Brippler
+3   

3 months ago '20        #10
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 118594 118 K  Slaps total: 38435 38 K
X verse was the best
+4   

3 months ago '16        #11
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 32614 32 K  Slaps total: 8635 8 K
when X said
I kinda miss robbin' and stealin'
Cause it kept a n1gga hungry, only eatin' when I starved
I was ugly, so I robbed, no one loved me, sh1t was hard
Went to god once in a while when it got a little too hectic
He was the only one I knew that I respected

But then Hov said
They say the good die young, in the hood where I'm from
I only got one question to that - why the fu#k am I here?
I look to the air, I ask god, "love me please, "
But in reality, only people that hug me is thieves
Same n1ggaz that send shots through my rugby sleeves

Breh....them was BARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+44   

3 months ago '04        #12
BobTheBuilder 
Props total: 7038 7 K  Slaps total: 572 572
Thats what the game missin is competition, n1gga x mad not cause somebody said his verse was wack, not cause they said jay sh1t was dope but cause HE like nah this n1gga cant have 1 up on me
+24   

3 months ago '19        #13
OldBrooklyn7187 
Props total: 9631 9 K  Slaps total: 1018 1 K
 BobTheBuilder said 🔗
Thats what the game missin is competition, n1gga x mad not cause somebody said his verse was wack, not cause they said jay sh1t was dope but cause HE like nah this n1gga cant have 1 up on me
Yup these n1ggas forgot what they came here for... Your aim is to outdo everyone on the joint and if everyone is on that same page? Greatness is achieved!!!
emoji

That's why I never knocked Wayne for saying he was the best rapper alive...

I was like "n1gga you better feel that way on the wakeup everyday!!!"
fu#k that!!!
+14   

3 months ago '04        #14
biscuit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67866 67 K  Slaps total: 5823 5 K
This whole album is flames but this track itself is on a throwback playlist that I was bumping the whole summer.

Undeniable classic. Bus is Top 10 in my book.
+14   

3 months ago '22        #15
AtaraxiaDave 
Props total: 1263 1 K  Slaps total: 318 318
Anarchy is my favorite album by Busta. This track is like the 20th track and theres not too many skippable songs before it.
+8   

3 months ago '16        #16
djbmp 
Props total: 8887 8 K  Slaps total: 315 315
BARS
emoji

bruh I forgot about this track and how hard this joint went
emoji

thanks for the reminder OP
emoji
+2   

3 months ago '04        #17
gimmethat 
Props total: 15714 15 K  Slaps total: 1861 1 K
love X but he had that inferiority complex when it came to jay . Everytime i hear a story about them both , X is trying to outdo ,fight him . When Hov was president at def jam , he couldnt deal with the fact that he needed his green light to drop his album

i donīt think there was another artist that he tried to compete with that hard
Itīs really sad that drugs and prison slowed him down because i know by now they would be laughing together about those times
+3   

3 months ago '04        #18
BobTheBuilder 
Props total: 7038 7 K  Slaps total: 572 572
 gimmethat said 🔗
love X but he had that inferiority complex when it came to jay . Everytime i hear a story about them both , X is trying to outdo ,fight him . When Hov was president at def jam , he couldnt deal with the fact that he needed his green light to drop his album

Itīs really sad that drugs and prison slowed him down because i know by now they would be laughing together about those times
I think it was moreso competition, x was never the corperate type i hate to say it but it was the dog in him bruh just wanting to be the best at what you do brings that out in you
+8   

3 months ago '22        #19
Bald GOD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22852 22 K  Slaps total: 4808 4 K
 AtaraxiaDave said 🔗
Anarchy is my favorite album by Busta. This track is like the 20th track and theres not too many skippable songs before it.
His most underrated album.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #20
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 188956 188 K  Slaps total: 9279 9 K
 gimmethat said 🔗

You got that a$s backwards my G:

🔗

+7   

3 months ago '22        #21
Bald GOD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22852 22 K  Slaps total: 4808 4 K
Why We Die probably the only track I can think of that Bus-A-Bus got out-done on.
emoji

On his own album.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #22
ImNotKash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1957 1 K  Slaps total: 283 283
I never liked the beat to the song
emoji
+2   

3 months ago '23        #23
Neothe1 
Props total: 3752 3 K  Slaps total: 2546 2 K
 Okka said 🔗
Classic song that doesn't get mentioned much.
I was just spittin this 2 days ago i still listen to this
+1   

3 months ago '19        #24
DjCampaign803 
Props total: 1584 1 K  Slaps total: 87 87
Busta had some head banga boogie on Anarchy ....
I miss when he was predicting the fall of humanity on his albums ‼️

🔗

🔗

🔗

+3   

3 months ago '04        #25
YoungRico 
Props total: 5961 5 K  Slaps total: 1430 1 K
dope album
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+7410
Cardi B went CRAZY on her Live-Stream 🍈 🍈 🥛 🥛
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+259
Video inside 50 Cent Performs "Many Men" For 71,000 People At His SOLD OUT NRG STADI..
123 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+217
Image(s) inside Mind = blown
47 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+185
Image(s) inside Meek twitter finger Mill "Stop asking if I'm gay Ima just play it raw"
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop