Image(s) inside Shawty Lo at wake
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Video inside Meek Mill accepts The Games's fight challenge
4 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Scottish boxer Mike Towell dies in hospital after 5th round stoppage on..
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #41
refuze 180 heat pts180
space
space
$17,260 | Props total: 3915 3915
rap is a form of poetry u retard
 06-26-2005, 11:55 AM         #42
slv300e 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So the man makes a few club bangers and he becomes commercial? Thats not commerical. Commercial is when all you rap about is dubs, bling, cars, shoes, etc basically any proiduct. Pacs rap wasnt about material sh*t. Hardly ever did he ever rap about it... just in a few music vid he had some nice cars (benzes hummers etc) but never did he rap about it the way fake a.ss rappers do it now. And nas, he is a good lyrically but lets not forget he tried to jack pac of his style too. Im not too much of a nas fan but wasnt the track "the message" or something like that the exact same beat as pacs all eyez on me at the height of their beef? You need to get slapped straight up. Dear mama is commerical? My government teacher in high school listend to tupac and said that was her favorite song ( since she is a mother) Tupac wrote that track in prison dedicatin it to the greatest woman in his life and u stand here today and say it was commercial??? fu*k OTTA HERE i aint gonna waste anymore of my time with your ignorant know-nothing 50 cent d!ckriding a.ss
 06-26-2005, 12:05 PM         #43
cincybry7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PAC is the best of all time. He spoke from the heart and touched a lot of subjects people can relate too. "The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
Don't settle for less - even the genius asks-es questions
Be grateful for blessings
Don't ever change, keep your essence"- 2pac

If you can tell me thats not a great line, from me against the world, then ur an idiot. Pac was true. How many other people wore an earing in the right ear, and a nose ring. Pac was different and he is the greatest poet/ rapper of all time.
 06-26-2005, 12:07 PM         #44
ibudafu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
love biggie. love nas. love jigga. excellent rappers whose names should ring when talkin about the best. that said....

how many times have you heard a 3 verse song, made up of 16 bars and a hook, filled with hundreds of words, and the guy on the mic still hasnt said sh*t?? lets be real here. honestly, it seems that nas is the only other rapper to have a consistant message in each of his songs (excluding the underground, which most of you rookies wouldnt know of anyway).

come on now. thats why i just about gave up on rap. so many mother fu*kers that just like to hear themselves talk. hell, Dr. Seuss could rhyme. i hate to say it, but looking back, i think rap died on march 9 1997 after being on life support since september 13 1996. sad to say, but with the very few albums that have stood the test of time, i dont know if i can argue it. sure, a few classics have come out since then. but how many that have changed things for the better?

DMX dropped Its Dark and Hell is Hot...got everyone off the shiny suit sh*t. ok.
Jay-Z with reasonable doubt and the blueprint. excellent.
Scarface with The Fix. Nas had a few attempts, i think God's Son (and the lost tapes, and maybe you can make an argument for Stillmatic) was his best since Illmatic. Mobb Deep had Hell on Earth...still in my changer. 50 should have released Power of the Dollar, another that gets heavy rotation. but besides those few, what mainstream artists could match those few records?

Pac started off with a bang, and even years after he died put out better records than these bums claimin to be rappers nowadays.

Go ahead and name another rapper with more social influence before and after his death than Pac...i dare you.
 06-26-2005, 12:09 PM         #45
jdm7mge 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh...i gave this n*gga hate for grave digging where he shouldnt even be walkin.what would your mama say if she knew about this?
 11 years ago '05        #46
slyslicknwicked 
space
space
space
$163 | Props total: 0 0
Never Hurd Any Body Call Pac Fake. lol W/E homie its our Oppinion I kno in my Eyes and In 99 percent of ppl out ther Pac is still in the top 2 rappers of all time 1. Pac 2. Big
 06-26-2005, 12:20 PM         #47
deeznuts 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bone Diddles said:
and yall say hes so great because hes got soooooo much material........sorry but 70% of that sh*t is just flat out WHACK.....and then on top of that u try to blame eminem for makin pac's last "fake" cd sh*tty.....must be out of ur damn minds, all that new sh*t is like listenin to the same thing over and over again, and if u ask me, that last cd was definately the nicest since his death....by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

This part alone tells me that you don't know what you're talking about.
 11 years ago '05        #48
MusiqBeast 
space
space
$1,944 | Props total: 0 0
 J-Pass said:
how many rappers out there these days are what they claim to be?
S to the A... if ya aint know thats Saigon.
 06-26-2005, 12:33 PM         #49
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Youngplaya03 said:
his best songs weren't his greatest hits that u would hear on the radio... but the man was smart and knew how to sell records.. he knew the formula...
so.......basically like 50 cent? the same guy everyone in this forum loves to hate.....
 06-26-2005, 12:33 PM         #50
SCREWSTON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tupac Is Very Good Rapper Dawg..........and He Should Be As Famous As He Is Cause He Worked Damn Hard And Had Passion And emotion For What He Did...u Could Hear It In His Songz......a Grip Of Passion For Rap.....which Most Rappers Today Lack I Hear Almost No Passion Or Desire In Rappers Today Except For A Select Few. And Datz Real Talk!

Last edited by SCREWSTON; 06-26-2005 at 12:34 PM..
 06-26-2005, 12:41 PM         #51
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
This is a dumb thread and it's obvious that the threadmaked just wants attention and probably has all of Pac's albums..
nah, not really, ive heard all of them though....but then again, i am a fan of hip-hop....... of course ive heard all his sh*t u fu*kin idiot, if im sayin all of this sh*t about how hes not that great of a rapper, wouldnt i have to heard his sh*t b4?

ehhh, whatever, i said what i had to say in this thread and i know im 100% right on this topic, anywayz...pz
 06-26-2005, 12:48 PM         #52
llallo10468 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k this thread

*goes and blast some tupac sh*t*
 06-26-2005, 12:49 PM         #53
rlzrilrap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pacs message is relevant and is the best probably out of all rappers

sure theres greater lyricists but no one came as hard on reacks and showed the most emotion in every track he recorded.....plus he also is the hardest working rapper of all time......no one had as many guest appearences and as many songs recorded in such a short time.......he had songs that could make albums.....he could have dropped double disc ever time he made a cd......

bottom line is.......most rap fans dont relate or feel what other rappers are saying.......most people like pac for his enthusiasm and authenticity
 06-26-2005, 02:05 PM         #54
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Personally, if I didn't like a rapper I wouldn't listen to every one of their albums especially if the number was up in the teens. Second, I never said you hadn't heard it, I said you owned em and I guess I'm obviously right. Pac's life meant more to the world than yours does so why do you even think your opinion on the man is relevant?
personally, i think u have to LISTEN to someone not to like them......second off i NEVER said i didnt like pac, hes got a few tracks that i have in my playlist......all i said is that hes not the greatest of all time, never said i didnt like him, never
and about "owning" a 2pac cd.....um i dont "own" any cd's fyi, but ehh, whatever thats not the subject........and my opinion is obviously relevant becuz this thread is heavily responded to.......if it werent relevant there would be 0 responses..... ;)
 11 years ago '05        #55
tchurston 
space
space
$412 | Props total: 0 0
 Bone Diddles said:
honestly, i have nothing against you personally, but your all idiots....tupac shakur, the greatest rapper ever? cmon now.....60% of his fame came from his death...i can name 10 rappers in the rap game today that are easily better than 2pac.....

and i keep hearin n*ggas talk about pac bein so 'deep' or whatever....n*gga plz, dude wasnt as nearly great as he is portrayed to be.....theres too many flaws in this n*ggas style for him to be the G.O.A.T.

for one....the n*ggas lyrics are simple as fu*k, if u listen to 5 RANDOM tupac songs, i guarantee u, u will hear basically the same sh*t in 2 or 3 of em, pac aint never had a line that made u go "wow that sh*t was hot"

no offense but pac had 0 tight lines in his rap career unless u consider sh*t like: "fu*k u bi*ch" "i'm a thug" "pour out some hennessey and alize" and sh*t like that hot

and to yall who talk about how pac isnt commercial and sh*t.....u need to be slapped cuz pac is one of the biggest commercial rappers ever, if not the biggest....lets look at some of his biggest hits before he died...
California Love
How Do U Want It
Keep Ya Head Up
Dear Mama
I Get Around
Toss It Up
All About U

say what u want about those songs, but the sh*t is COMMERCIAL MUSIC, honestly if the guy wasnt dead i'd consider him just another average rapper, yea its coo how he has like 1 or 2 songs on each of his cd's talking about some deep sh*t, but 95% of tupac's music is the same as every other rapper

and another thing......i saw a n*gga say "pac was great because he had emotion," hell Akon has emotion, im not gonna go call the n*gga "great," hell if we based rap on emotion, Nelly would be a fu*kin beast and Ja Rule would be the first inducted into the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame.....cut that 'emotion' sh*t out forreal this is hip hop not ice skating.....

and yall say hes so great because hes got soooooo much material........sorry but 70% of that sh*t is just flat out WHACK.....and then on top of that u try to blame eminem for makin pac's last "fake" cd sh*tty.....must be out of ur damn minds, all that new sh*t is like listenin to the same thing over and over again, and if u ask me, that last cd was definately the nicest since his death....by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

now dont get me wrong, i listen to 2Pac, but to say that hes the greatest of all time is just ridiculous, in fact i think it's just impossible to give one rapper the title of "The Greatest," but if there was one, it would NOT be 2pac

and dont give hate becuz im speaking my opinion, becuz it IS my opinion...k?thx...

1st of all respect the dead, homie...2nd respect a legend... nuff said
 11 years ago '04        #56
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2488 2488
i respect ur opinion but that is all it is...
 06-26-2005, 03:07 PM         #57
RaioIsLike 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Chea Chea Chea

Get mad Stans
 06-26-2005, 03:24 PM         #58
chuckster409 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ignorance on boxden is a trend these days. . Which tells me a lot of your cats on here need to go back and take some history lessons on the rap game.
 06-26-2005, 03:26 PM         #59
ThugLuv5450 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NY ppl get over yourselves please
 11 years ago '04        #60
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,748 | Props total: 90 90
at people saying "Let him rest in peace" Like Pac is reading this right now and actually knows what we're saying and has got his feeling hurt. Some of you get offended like you knew the man personally, relax. Now, I'm gonna make a couple points, not to sh*t on Pac, but just to make a point.

You talk about the impact he had.....well what about NWA, Dre and Snoop? They had a huge impact on society. You may not like to hear this but Eminem also had a huge impact when he first came around. It might not be the same impact Pac had but it was still largely felt.

You talk about the emotion he had on the mic.....Didn't DMX almost die one time on stage from doing a crazy show and using som much energy? (Maybe I'm wrong with that but I swear I remember something happening to him when he came off stage one time). His songs are full of emotion. Other rappers show emotion as well.

You talk about him being smart and knowing how to sell records......Well isn't that the same sh*t you critisize Em and 50 for doing? (I'm in no way saying 50 is as good as Pac so please don't think that's how I feel). He made songs about fu*king, and money and all that sh*t too.

Now, if ANNNNY artist today was someone's dancer and then started rapping about being a thug, they would be labeled fake or a bi*ch as soon as they hit the scene so what's so different about Pac doing that?

I'm in no way trying to say isn't wasn't talented because he was. One of hte most talented ever and I can see why people like him so much. He was a great MC. IMHO, you can't name someone the GOAT becuase there is no way to say that because people have their own preferences.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
40 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
82 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This Is What The Purge 4 Will Be About
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
160 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Scarface vs. Paid In Full
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
238 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside 22 Savage Vs 21 Savage
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy