How did Nas and jay-z beef start?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill 5:07AM
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside New footage of beanie getting knocked out !!!
109 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside News Anchor Who Quit on Live TV to Sell Weed Faces 24 Years in Prison
106 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
True Geniu$ 
space
space
$1,819 | Props total: 0 0
i heard it was the memph bleek diss. bleek said that he got n*ggas that will get @ nas and he sicked jay on him. thats what i heard so i could be wrong...
 06-25-2005, 08:50 PM         #22
HoodMyth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
welcome to the past
 11 years ago '04        #23
Propel Water 14 heat pts14
space
space
$17,843 | Props total: 1427 1427
ahahah at people takin this thread serious
 06-25-2005, 09:06 PM         #24
bc/o06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
see what had happened one day i was talking to nas and i was like man you been garbage since it was written and he was like forget about all that i got a plan im gone get Jay Z to diss me and i was like what so he showed me ether and i was like whoo thats hott and he was like black power and i said what the hell you talking about and he started talking about some empires in Africa and how his name is biblical so then i left and i told Jay Z what Nas was plannig so he said okay then he wrote something for bleek and it was on his single then he released the takeover and he told me this should shut nas up so then he said i hate dame dash kanye u a genious im the best and how his girl looked so good he would suck here daddys d!ck then Nas released ether but he added a new verse and it k!lled Jay that was it thats the whole beef from a realible source
 06-25-2005, 09:08 PM         #25
bc/o06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
this is the exclusive
 11 years ago '04        #26
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,936 | Props total: 4632 4632
told yall wut happened. but no yall didn't believe me. man yall need to listen 2 me
 07-13-2005, 03:46 PM         #27
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Propel Water said:
ahahah at people takin this thread serious
why wouldn't they take this thread serious sh*t-water?

n*ggas making jay-z<><><><>nas<><><><> posts all day it seem like the common sense thing to do was break it down

1/2 these kiddies on here with the nas jay-z greater then less then signs dont know why the fu*k they putting it there as evidenced by this thread
 07-13-2005, 04:01 PM         #28
Wearin' The 4-5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is dat yo chick, was done around volume to, released in the streets, nas knew it was about his babys mother, is dat your chick came out be4 mind right, if u listen to is dat your chick the jay says - "jus playin the cards chose to me, jigga man *who u supposed to be*"

in mind right bleek says " who you supposed to be, play your position"

jay was warning nas, using bleek and subliminals, jay was the king of new york at that time, it sure as hell wasnt nas wit i am and nastradamus. it is true that jay always wanted to work wit nas, but jay wasnt upset like a lil bi*ch, he was offended, because nas got the whole premise from a song from jay and jay considered him a friend since jay went on tour wit nas and large profesor and showed nas a tech, supposedly the first time nas ever held a gun, thus the line " i showed u ur first tech on tour with large proffesor, then i heard ur album, bout the tech on the dresser, yeah i sampled your voice, u was using it wrong"
 07-13-2005, 04:18 PM         #29
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wearin' The 4-5 said:
is dat yo chick, was done around volume to, released in the streets, nas knew it was about his babys mother, is dat your chick came out be4 mind right, if u listen to is dat your chick the jay says - "jus playin the cards chose to me, jigga man *who u supposed to be*"

in mind right bleek says " who you supposed to be, play your position"

jay was warning nas, using bleek and subliminals, jay was the king of new york at that time, it sure as hell wasnt nas wit i am and nastradamus. it is true that jay always wanted to work wit nas, but jay wasnt upset like a lil bi*ch, he was offended, because nas got the whole premise from a song from jay and jay considered him a friend since jay went on tour wit nas and large profesor and showed nas a tech, supposedly the first time nas ever held a gun, thus the line " i showed u ur first tech on tour with large proffesor, then i heard ur album, bout the tech on the dresser, yeah i sampled your voice, u was using it wrong"

4-5 what about jay-z sampling nas voice without his permission?
 07-13-2005, 04:23 PM         #30
mcrhombus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Listen to last real n*gga alive nas gives a nice breakdown of hwat happened
 07-13-2005, 04:42 PM         #31
Wearin' The 4-5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 48601 said:
4-5 what about jay-z sampling nas voice without his permission?
anybody remember MC SERCH, well nas doesnt own publishing to ILLMATIC, mc serch, serchlite publishing owns the publishing to illmatic, therefore jay-z did get permission to sample nas' voice, jus not from nas, he also sampled nas voice on volume 1 (somehow the rap game reminds me of the crack game)

- "u aint get a coin n*gga u was gettin fu*ked n/ i know who i paid god, serchlite publishing"
 07-13-2005, 04:50 PM         #32
Wearin' The 4-5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i personally believe jay was setting nas up since reasonable doubt, jay had the crown, he didnt need to take it, but people were scared to diss him and jay is a competitive person, no one really dissed jay before volume 3, then 50 got at him, and jay murdered him wit one line, then everyone else was silenced (no wonder no one was dissin jay) jada was throwing sublimes but beanie held that down quite well, the team was too strong at that time, jay set him up wit bleek, jay put that line in bleeks hook for wat u think of that, and jay's verse was obviously directed at someone. Is that your chick was obviously directed at someone, and jay sent more warning shots on the take over "ask nas he dont want it wit hov" then "u know who did u know wat with u know who, lets keep that between me and you", in my personal opinion Jay won by far, nas was supposed to be a mastermind hip hop head/ artist/ and jay was using some art of war sh*t on him, ether was some immature gay sh*t, while jay spit fact after fact, harsh truths, wish obviously damaged nas cuz he still talkin bout jay (honeymoon is over)

Jay does be on some commercial sh*t, but he proved he is a much deeper thinker than he shows, and solidified his spot as one of the greatest of all time.
 07-13-2005, 04:52 PM         #33
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wearin' The 4-5 said:
anybody remember MC SERCH, well nas doesnt own publishing to ILLMATIC, mc serch, serchlite publishing owns the publishing to illmatic, therefore jay-z did get permission to sample nas' voice, jus not from nas, he also sampled nas voice on volume 1 (somehow the rap game reminds me of the crack game)

- "u aint get a coin n*gga u was gettin fu*ked n/ i know who i paid god, serchlite publishing"
48601 pays slumz.boxden to take wearin the 4-5's posts and twist them up any kind of way i want...

48601 ask 4-5 can he put his pic in his avatar he says no 48601 does it any ways

is that a bi*ch move on my part? or yours?

i aint trying to put you on spot im trying to make a point...real talk my n*gga
 07-13-2005, 04:55 PM         #34
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wearin' The 4-5 said:
using some art of war sh*t on him, ether was some immature gay sh*t, while jay spit fact after fact, harsh truths, wish obviously damaged nas cuz he still talkin bout jay (honeymoon is over)
im not a nas fan i never listned to any of his albums until stillmatic.. my first time hearing ILLMATIC was in february of 2005!

my point is didn't ether spit facts (as well as jokes?)
 07-13-2005, 04:58 PM         #35
Wearin' The 4-5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
knowing that jay and nas knew each other, and jay actually considered nas an industry friend/ allie around reasonable doubt, jay probably asked nas, and nas probably said yes, but what i can tell u, is it isnt a bi*ch move if he never asked nas, nas never had a chance to say no, it was another good business move on jay's part, and it isnt jays fault nas has no businessmind and doesnt get paid for his best album. Who said jay sampled his voice without permission?
 07-13-2005, 04:59 PM         #36
Wearin' The 4-5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 48601 said:
im not a nas fan i never listned to any of his albums until stillmatic.. my first time hearing ILLMATIC was in february of 2005!

my point is didn't ether spit facts (as well as jokes?)
wat facts?
 07-13-2005, 05:03 PM         #37
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wearin' The 4-5 said:
knowing that jay and nas knew each other, and jay actually considered nas an industry friend/ allie around reasonable doubt, jay probably asked nas, and nas probably said yes, but what i can tell u, is it isnt a bi*ch move if he never asked nas, nas never had a chance to say no, it was another good business move on jay's part, and it isnt jays fault nas has no businessmind and doesnt get paid for his best album. Who said jay sampled his voice without permission?
summer jam 2001 happened in june so it's either the august or september 2001 issue of source they did a LONG a.ss interview with nas and jay

nas said jay never asked for the sample but what struck me as odd was how come nas didn't file a lawsuit if it that serious?
 07-13-2005, 05:08 PM         #38
Wearin' The 4-5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay got permission from serch who was nas' man, and he was the one who fu*ked nas out of publishing, jay aint wrong for askin the right people for the sample, why should he ask nas when nas has no power over the sample?
 11 years ago '04        #39
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
Nas and Bleek we're throwing subliminals at each other. But, the beef with Jay all started when Nas got that call, dude on the other line saying Jay dissed him and Mobb Deep at SummerJam
 11 years ago '04        #40
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 42 42
 Wearin' The 4-5 said:
jay got permission from serch who was nas' man, and he was the one who fu*ked nas out of publishing, jay aint wrong for askin the right people for the sample, why should he ask nas when nas has no power over the sample?
i think its more of respect than who actually owns it like u dont own the sh*t but i would more comfortable with ur permission/blessing since we kinda koo n sh*t but like real job its bussiness ova so called friends/associaties

Last edited by pimppoet; 07-13-2005 at 05:27 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Wonít Stop Talking: Meet the NFLís next shutdown corner
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
83 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
183 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
249 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Views from a 6ix-year-old's Drake-themed party
37 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy