Jun 24 - "With this album, I am going to be people's favorite rapper," -Kanye West

most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans really got paws put on him smh
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside THIS girl slaps ya girls ass in the club, what ya do?
43 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
5929 pageviews
96 comments

8 OFF 
space
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 0 0
Jun 24 - "With this album, I am going to be people's favorite rapper," -Kanye West

"With this album, I am going to be people's favorite rapper," Kanye declared today in London at listening session for his sophomore release Late Registration, and Kanye – just how we love him – isn't short of praise for himself: "I'm rapping circles around people."

Press got to hear a full listening of his album's final cut aside from "We Made You Tonight," which Kanye says he had to keep secret so he has "couple of surprises for when the album actually comes out."

The new album consists of 13 fresh new tracks and is co-executively produced by Jon Brion. The opening track is "Touch the Sky" featuring Lupe Fiasco, while the following is "Gold Digger," which features Jamie Foxx and uses a Ray Charles sample. According to Kayne, it's the "much-anticipated next single," and a video is being shot in London in the next couple of days.

The next song, "Crack Music," discusses the fall of the Black Panthers and features the Game on the hook, while Charlie Wilson and Tony Williams provide background vocals.

"[It] is called 'Crack Music' and it's one of the more controversial records on there," explained Kanye to a room full of press. The Game brashly shouts on the chorus: "That's that crack music n*gga/ That real black music ni--a."

"All the girls like 'Gold Digger,'" Kanye admitted, "But all the ni--as like 'Crack Music.'"

Next up was "Heard 'Em Say," where Kanye asks the press to guess the featured artist while listening. At the end, the room shouts out Adam Levine from Maroon 5. "It was fun before I actually announced it to everyone," Kanye laughs as he says it's none of that "pop bullsh-t" people expected.

"Drive Slow," featuring Paul Wall and GLC, uses a beat made from a drum loop and is played on four different keys. "This is one of my favourite tracks; that's my 'Big Pimpin,'" Kanye explains. "Bring Me Down" featuring Brandy – who Kanye says he likes because of her "distinctive" voice – consists of a "challenging tempo."

"Another one of my personal favourites [is next]. It's called 'Addiction', which is my vote for the second single actually," Kanye says, adding that the chorus is one of the best he's ever made, because "there will never be a better question," which goes like: "Why does everything that's supposed to be bad, make me feel so good?/ Everything they told me not to, is exactly what I would."

The next track is the politically-charged "Diamonds" remix, which features the "fresh out of retirement, our president, Mr. Hov," exclaims the rapper. After being played, Kanye says that if possible, he would have "bowed down" and given the beat for "Diamonds" as a "gift" to Jay, "as was 'Encore' and 'Lucifer.'"

"Originally, [the song] was a love etter to Roc-a-fella; it's a no-brainer," says Kanye. "It's like 'Yo, no one on Rocafella ever used 'Diamonds Are Forever,' the second I found out about it, it touched me in a way that I had to let the rest of the world know. The world is f*cked up man. I'm just one messenger and I felt like God wanted me to deliver this message."

The track 'Celebration' is just that, and Kanye reveals John Legend as the background voice: "I didn't hit the high notes," he laughs, before adding, "This is a song where you need to have a cup in your hand, a glass of champagne, and be celebrating something: a new job, a raise… guys could be celebrating having just got some good pu--y, girls having just got some good d--k." Kanye says he likes 'Celebration' because he had a 20-piece orchestra, and got the opportunity to yell out "It's a celebration, bi*ches!" over it – imitating the Dave Chappelle impression of Rick James. "And that is what rap is about. bi*ches," he jokes. "I tried to place my voice where it didn't take away from the music, cos there's so many strings, horns, melatrons, metronomes."

Moving onto "Late," Kanye says, "That's my chillin' in my apartment style...I was kinda late for this [event]." Following the track, Kanye plays "Hey Mama," which is the same track he has performed in the past, but with a slightly altered beat. Finally, Kanye plays 'Gone', the last track on the album, which features Cam'ron and Consequence.

"People didn't appreciate 50's album, because he gave them so much music," Kanye explains following the final track. "I'm giving just enough. It's like if you're hollerin' at a girl and she's in a car and she's on the way home from the club, don't do too much more talking; you might f*ck it up."

One guest appearance that was reported earlier in the year, but didn't appear on the final tracklisting was a feature from UK artist M.I.A.. Kanye revealed that the artist actually turned down the opportunity, which the rapper said resulted from her being "really busy."

With an album just short of a masterpiece on his hands, Kanye revealed plans his next album, which he already has titled.

"I made The College Dropout, and now Late Registration. [Next is] Graduation and then what you get after that [is] Good a.ss Job," said Kanye laughingly. "Late Registration is basically The Dynasty, and Graduation will be The Blueprint."

"I feel I rap equal, or better, than anybody that's not retired," Kanye added.

And speaking on rumors circulating of bringing Nas and Jay-Z together for a track, the Louis Vitton Don dismissed them by saying, "I think it'll be pretty hard to pull off, but I'll keep at it."

Late Registration is slated for release on August 16.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.ballerstatus.n .. d/id/36877466/

Last edited by 8 OFF; 06-24-2005 at 08:47 PM..

96 comments for "Jun 24 - "With this album, I am going to be people's favorite rapper," -Kanye West"

11 years ago '04        #2
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$25,858 | Props total: 340 340
Props
 11 years ago '05        #3
erniemccracken 
space
space
$95 | Props total: 0 0
I thought pall wall was the peoples champ
 11 years ago '04        #4
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,839 | Props total: 18 18
"With this album, I am going to be people's favorite rapper,"

Kanye will never be my favorite rapper

Overrated bi*ch
 11 years ago '04        #5
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 388 388
This cd well def be hot, I don't wanna hype it up too much though.
 11 years ago '04        #6
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,320 | Props total: 2459 2459
what no common? kweli? mos? what happen to bridging the underground? now he gots pall wall on his sh*t, come on kanye...He has helped out alot but why not keep doing it? thats my question(S)
 06-24-2005, 09:58 PM         #7
jj133113 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where is that bittersweet treack with john mayer..the snippet i heard was nice..really lookin forward to that one
 11 years ago '04        #8
bnw99 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 0 0
lmao thats pretty fu*kin funny, "ill be peoples favorite rapper".
 06-24-2005, 10:11 PM         #9
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj133113 said:
where is that bittersweet treack with john mayer..the snippet i heard was nice..really lookin forward to that one

exactly what i was thinking
 11 years ago '05        #10
Tattered_Hoody 
space
space
$3,325 | Props total: 0 0
kanye should just make beats and let others be on the album w/ the vocals... hip hop artists, rock, etc... just my opinion.
 11 years ago '04        #11
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,828 | Props total: 21 21
lol kanye... what he gonna tell us now? not to buy clothes?
 06-24-2005, 11:29 PM         #12
polski- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga is confident as hell
 11 years ago '05        #13
Oh_Yea 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,763 | Props total: 0 0
ye droppin' in aug. and the album finished?
 11 years ago '04        #14
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 0 0
 creep said:
lol kanye... what he gonna tell us now? not to buy clothes?
lmao funny sh*t
 06-24-2005, 11:50 PM         #15
Bsktballa20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 8 OFF said:
"With this album, I am going to be people's favorite rapper," Kanye declared today in London at listening session for his sophomore release Late Registration, and Kanye – just how we love him – isn't short of praise for himself: "I'm rapping circles around people."

Press got to hear a full listening of his album's final cut aside from "We Made You Tonight," which Kanye says he had to keep secret so he has "couple of surprises for when the album actually comes out."

The new album consists of 13 fresh new tracks and is co-executively produced by Jon Brion. The opening track is "Touch the Sky" featuring Lupe Fiasco, while the following is "Gold Digger," which features Jamie Foxx and uses a Ray Charles sample. According to Kayne, it's the "much-anticipated next single," and a video is being shot in London in the next couple of days.

The next song, "Crack Music," discusses the fall of the Black Panthers and features the Game on the hook, while Charlie Wilson and Tony Williams provide background vocals.

"[It] is called 'Crack Music' and it's one of the more controversial records on there," explained Kanye to a room full of press. The Game brashly shouts on the chorus: "That's that crack music n*gga/ That real black music ni--a."

"All the girls like 'Gold Digger,'" Kanye admitted, "But all the ni--as like 'Crack Music.'"

Next up was "Heard 'Em Say," where Kanye asks the press to guess the featured artist while listening. At the end, the room shouts out Adam Levine from Maroon 5. "It was fun before I actually announced it to everyone," Kanye laughs as he says it's none of that "pop bullsh-t" people expected.

"Drive Slow," featuring Paul Wall and GLC, uses a beat made from a drum loop and is played on four different keys. "This is one of my favourite tracks; that's my 'Big Pimpin,'" Kanye explains. "Bring Me Down" featuring Brandy – who Kanye says he likes because of her "distinctive" voice – consists of a "challenging tempo."

"Another one of my personal favourites [is next]. It's called 'Addiction', which is my vote for the second single actually," Kanye says, adding that the chorus is one of the best he's ever made, because "there will never be a better question," which goes like: "Why does everything that's supposed to be bad, make me feel so good?/ Everything they told me not to, is exactly what I would."

The next track is the politically-charged "Diamonds" remix, which features the "fresh out of retirement, our president, Mr. Hov," exclaims the rapper. After being played, Kanye says that if possible, he would have "bowed down" and given the beat for "Diamonds" as a "gift" to Jay, "as was 'Encore' and 'Lucifer.'"

"Originally, [the song] was a love etter to Roc-a-fella; it's a no-brainer," says Kanye. "It's like 'Yo, no one on Rocafella ever used 'Diamonds Are Forever,' the second I found out about it, it touched me in a way that I had to let the rest of the world know. The world is f*cked up man. I'm just one messenger and I felt like God wanted me to deliver this message."

The track 'Celebration' is just that, and Kanye reveals John Legend as the background voice: "I didn't hit the high notes," he laughs, before adding, "This is a song where you need to have a cup in your hand, a glass of champagne, and be celebrating something: a new job, a raise… guys could be celebrating having just got some good pu--y, girls having just got some good d--k." Kanye says he likes 'Celebration' because he had a 20-piece orchestra, and got the opportunity to yell out "It's a celebration, bi*ches!" over it – imitating the Dave Chappelle impression of Rick James. "And that is what rap is about. bi*ches," he jokes. "I tried to place my voice where it didn't take away from the music, cos there's so many strings, horns, melatrons, metronomes."

Moving onto "Late," Kanye says, "That's my chillin' in my apartment style...I was kinda late for this [event]." Following the track, Kanye plays "Hey Mama," which is the same track he has performed in the past, but with a slightly altered beat. Finally, Kanye plays 'Gone', the last track on the album, which features Cam'ron and Consequence.

"People didn't appreciate 50's album, because he gave them so much music," Kanye explains following the final track. "I'm giving just enough. It's like if you're hollerin' at a girl and she's in a car and she's on the way home from the club, don't do too much more talking; you might f*ck it up."

One guest appearance that was reported earlier in the year, but didn't appear on the final tracklisting was a feature from UK artist M.I.A.. Kanye revealed that the artist actually turned down the opportunity, which the rapper said resulted from her being "really busy."

With an album just short of a masterpiece on his hands, Kanye revealed plans his next album, which he already has titled.

"I made The College Dropout, and now Late Registration. [Next is] Graduation and then what you get after that [is] Good a.ss Job," said Kanye laughingly. "Late Registration is basically The Dynasty, and Graduation will be The Blueprint."

"I feel I rap equal, or better, than anybody that's not retired," Kanye added.

And speaking on rumors circulating of bringing Nas and Jay-Z together for a track, the Louis Vitton Don dismissed them by saying, "I think it'll be pretty hard to pull off, but I'll keep at it."

Late Registration is slated for release on August 16.

[WEBSITE LINK]
kanye basically is a pimp.
 06-25-2005, 12:22 AM         #16
rara2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope the album is as good as his last or even better
 06-25-2005, 12:29 AM         #17
914-NY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 8 OFF said:

[WEBSITE LINK]

only think outta that whole article that caught my attention...
 11 years ago '04        #18
bluedawgalex 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,036 | Props total: 400 400
kanye is tight cant wait for dat kanye/game joint crack music
 11 years ago '04        #19
hazzardous 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
This n*gga keeps gettin more arrogant....needs to step up his lyric game first
 11 years ago '04        #20
peto 
space
space
$2,345 | Props total: 5 5
i think the album is going to be hot, cant wait
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
67 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
95 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
210 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
54 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sep 25 - the nasa machine trolls the public yet again
8 comments
2 days ago