online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Nintendo's Next Console May Feature Magnetic Attachments

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

11 months ago '21        #1
494 page views
11 comments

Waddup Doe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7858 7 K  Slaps total: 1136 1 K
@ 06:41 PM 08-29-2023 [emoji] Nintendo's Next Console May Feature Magnetic Attachments

Nintendo may be considering magnetic attachments for its next home console, according to a recently filed patent. This suggests a new feature that could enhance the gaming experience.

The rumored "Switch 2" is expected to retain some features from the original Switch, such as portable mode and cartridge-based games, while also offering improved specs and backwards compatibility.

Nintendo's history of innovation with game consoles, including experiments with peripherals like Nintendo Labo and motion controls, indicates a continuation of pushing boundaries in gaming with its next console.

A patent filed by Nintendo suggests the developer may be looking into using magnetic attachments with the release of its next home console. While not much is yet known about the rumored "Switch 2" through official announcements, leaks have revealed several details about Nintendo's rumored next console. The device is believed to feature several carryovers from the Switch including a portable mode and cartridge-based games, as well as improved specs and backwards compatibility. Now, a recent patent could be teasing another new feature coming to the console.

Rumors about the next Nintendo console come as the Switch serves as the oldest member of its console generation. The Switch's launch in 2017 came three years before the launch of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles, releasing amidst the prime years of the PS4 and Xbox One. Many have felt Nintendo will similarly look to launch its next-gen console early, with rumors suggesting the "Switch 2" could debut sometime during 2024. Now, a patent filed by Nintendo could potentially reveal new magnetic attachments for its next console.

A recently published patent, officially filed in December, claims a new magnetic attachment that the developer may be using for its upcoming console. The device looks to be a simple clip with a magnet attached to the rear of the clip, with the description for the patent referring specifically to holding a "game console." The images included with the patent do not make the usage of the attachment clear, though references to a console suggest Nintendo's next console release may use the magnetic clips.

A unique attachment for the Switch 2 would serve as the newest example of Nintendo pushing innovation with its game consoles. Since the Switch made waves with its combination of handheld and home console gaming, Nintendo has continued to experiment with new peripherals on Switch. Nintendo Labo's VR expansion served as one of the developer's first forays into virtual reality, though the cardboard peripheral did not perform well. The developer also continues to push motion controls with new games like Nintendo Switch Sports and Everybody 1-2-Switch.

Nintendo's newest patent comes amidst a 2023 that has been full of high-profile titles from the iconic Japanese developer. The first half of the year saw the long-awaited launch of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom to massive success after several years in development. Nintendo would also announce several new Mario games coming in late 2023 with Super Mario Bros. Wonder and a remake of Super Mario RPG among the highlights. Nintendo's patented magnetic attachments could see the developer continuing to push the boundaries of gaming with its next console.

https://gamerant.com/nint .. hments-patent/
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
11 comments

11 months ago '18        #2
street heat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 23343 23 K  Slaps total: 6398 6 K
im tired of nintendo's gimmicks. just make a fu#king powerful system with games that actually look like they aren't 15 years behind current tech.
+10   

11 months ago '22        #3
ITookTheRedPill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 19919 19 K  Slaps total: 14705 14 K
 street heat said
im tired of nintendo's gimmicks. just make a fu#king powerful system with games that actually look like they aren't 15 years behind current tech.
If they made a powerful machine with their first party games and 3rd party with no setbacks in performance, wouldn't Nintendo be the system to get? I'd think so.
+2   

11 months ago '04        #4
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29409 29 K  Slaps total: 5171 5 K
 street heat said
Because they don't have to is from what I was told. If they did go that route I could only imagine how long they'd milk that system for.

11 months ago '16        #5
Stables08 
Props total: 37211 37 K  Slaps total: 7947 7 K
As long as they drop a Zelda game on it I'm coping
+3   

11 months ago '15        #6
He Hate Me 
Props total: 80616 80 K  Slaps total: 7847 7 K
 ITookTheRedPill said
If they made a powerful machine with their first party games and 3rd party with no setbacks in performance, wouldn't Nintendo be the system to get? I'd think so.
You said that like they losing money

If it ainít broke donít fix it. Get a PS5 or X Box if you want power.
+4   

11 months ago '12        #7
GucciBoy347 
Props total: 2822 2 K  Slaps total: 494 494
 street heat said
in theory yeah but that would be a bad idea because the more powerful the new console is, the less battery life it will have (bc lets be fr, they're not ditching the switch idea).

Now if they could have it so the dock could grant it better performance, I think that's best case scenario

11 months ago '06        #8
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 141294 141 K  Slaps total: 5967 5 K
i lost interest in nintendo ages ago

im no longer the target

props to them though. They have a formula that works and they stick to it
+3   

11 months ago '22        #9
ITookTheRedPill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 19919 19 K  Slaps total: 14705 14 K
 He Hate Me said

You missed the point. You must have Nintendo posters all over your walls and take Mario bubble baths?

11 months ago '15        #10
He Hate Me 
Props total: 80616 80 K  Slaps total: 7847 7 K
 ITookTheRedPill said
You missed the point. You must have Nintendo posters all over your walls and take Mario bubble baths?
I havenít owned a Nintendo console since the 64
emoji

But itís not hard to see their fans donít care about power in the system.

They outsold consoles with more power than them before. Thatís not a issue for them.

11 months ago '17        #11
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 291570 291 K  Slaps total: 28377 28 K
 He Hate Me said

I would know, I've bought 6 Switch's in total.

emoji
+1   

11 months ago '08        #12
Ron O'Neal 
Props total: 9930 9 K  Slaps total: 432 432
They need to fix their servers. The amount of dumb sh1t that happens on mariokart because of the servers is embarrassing

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3410
logo Lebron james expected to bid $7 billion for vegas team
108 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+829
logo Angel Reese and her friends bouncing a*s