Royce Da 5'9 - Independants Day

most viewed right now
 162
Image(s) inside Fif Clownin On Janet Jackson
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 116
Video inside Blac Chyna leaks Rob Kardashian's number
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 108
Image(s) inside Just 1 Pic
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 87
 Wack 100 vs. Maino (09-30-2016) [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION THREAD] Tale Of The T..
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Royce Da 5'9 - Independants Day
5 mics 100 34.84%
4 mics 120 41.81%
3 mics 41 14.29%
2 mics 16 5.57%
1 mics 10 3.48%
Voters: 287. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-24-2005, 10:41 AM         #41
T A S H 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This album is def. fire... I ain't find a whack song yet... No1 else is holdin rap down like Royce... respect it and go buy the album. 4 1/2 mics
 06-24-2005, 10:54 AM         #42
Jax666 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MAAn i wan dis but can't get the music yet
 11 years ago '04        #43
~WB~HStL~ 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,834 | Props total: 0 0
on the mic royce is 6/5 but the production sucks on this album...
maybe he should holla at premo again and holla at needlz too that would be tight
gave it a 3


Last edited by ~WB~HStL~; 06-24-2005 at 11:35 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #44
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2487 2487
i thought production was good with an exception of a couple of songs..he just tryin to be the first indi dude to make it big..has anyone else done that on an indi label? if so holla baack bc i havent heard of any..but anyway i give it a 4 and it is top 5 for 05'
 11 years ago '05        #45
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$3,955 | Props total: 3 3
But for the fans, sometimes trying to make it big quick (i.e. Rock City and now this album), causes the eery feeling that he's lost integrity. I know he wanted to try different styles on this and let other people hear different sides of Royce, but he must've realized that many prefer the darker side of him.
He said about Primo that he didn't want to be predictable etc etc, but you gotta give the fans what they want Royce and this just wasn't it. There were some bangers on there, some fire, but those were outnumbered by songs that were way off the mark.
 06-24-2005, 02:48 PM         #46
BayAreaRyder226 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its hella sick
 11 years ago '05        #47
StonedJeff 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$902 | Props total: 0 0
firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrahHH!!!!!!!!!! this sh*t is dope on the real 4
 06-24-2005, 03:13 PM         #48
tparks10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I give it a 3.5. It has some nice tracks on it("I Owe You" and "Politics"). I wasn't feeling some songs like "Wet My Whistle" or the song with Young Gotti at all. I was also extremely dissapointed when I found out that there wouldn't be any Premier produced tracks. "Hip-Hop" and "Boom" are two of Royce's best tracks. He's still one of the best m.c.'s though.
 11 years ago '04        #49
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2487 2487
 DOOMage said:
But for the fans, sometimes trying to make it big quick (i.e. Rock City and now this album), causes the eery feeling that he's lost integrity. I know he wanted to try different styles on this and let other people hear different sides of Royce, but he must've realized that many prefer the darker side of him.
He said about Primo that he didn't want to be predictable etc etc, but you gotta give the fans what they want Royce and this just wasn't it. There were some bangers on there, some fire, but those were outnumbered by songs that were way off the mark.
but you have to remember that he is dropping 2 more albums this yr, this was probably to appeal more to the masses and bring a bigger fanbase in for the next 2..July 5 is suppose to drop later this summer and sure its going to be much darker than this one but im glad to add this to my collection because he is the most versitle cat in the game..
 11 years ago '05        #50
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$3,955 | Props total: 3 3
Ok I hope so, I hope he redeems himself on these next records cus he went down a few notches here
 11 years ago '05        #51
Kool Deuce Deuc 
space
avatar space
space
$1,260 | Props total: 0 0
4,5 classsic
 11 years ago '04        #52
blackout4dayz 
space
avatar space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
this sh*t is fu*kin nice he said this album lands between rock city and death is certian and what can i say he's right .....
 06-24-2005, 03:57 PM         #53
polski- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fire...gonna buy a copy
 11 years ago '04        #54
atlcrunkshawty 
space
space
space
$301 | Props total: 0 0
 blackout4dayz said:
this sh*t is fu*kin nice he said this album lands between rock city and death is certian and what can i say he's right .....

thats what I was about to say..listen to independents day(the song, not the cd) at the end he is talking and says this cd is like on his way to death is certain from rock city this is what he found and that he has more sh*t comin out soon. Maybe this just like warm up..gettin new material out and some of his ppl out, and thats y there so many guest appearances...i dunno
 11 years ago '05        #55
Kweli05 
space
space
space
$327 | Props total: 0 0
I Copped all his other albums, but I was disappointed with this one. It seems like he was trying to get commercial with this one. It just wasn't as potent as the last couple.
 06-24-2005, 04:32 PM         #56
Flava Punisher 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just listed toit once. but royce also bring quality


Last edited by Flava Punisher; 06-24-2005 at 04:33 PM..
 06-24-2005, 05:00 PM         #57
cpgza14 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 doczdaname said:
i thought production was good with an exception of a couple of songs..he just tryin to be the first indi dude to make it big..has anyone else done that on an indi label? if so holla baack bc i havent heard of any..but anyway i give it a 4 and it is top 5 for 05'
Lil Jon and ying yang twins went double plat on TVT, which is an indepenent label.
 11 years ago '04        #58
purtayboi 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,984 | Props total: 702 702
I gave i 4...... Maybe in a week a 5
 06-24-2005, 05:18 PM         #59
babydru 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damm can't wait to get a copy of this album now.
 11 years ago '05        #60
Mrsmizzle 
space
space
space
$231 | Props total: 0 0
 tparks10 said:
I give it a 3.5. It has some nice tracks on it("I Owe You" and "Politics"). I wasn't feeling some songs like "Wet My Whistle" or the song with Young Gotti at all. I was also extremely dissapointed when I found out that there wouldn't be any Premier produced tracks. "Hip-Hop" and "Boom" are two of Royce's best tracks. He's still one of the best m.c.'s though.
Thats some bullsh*t that track wit YO Gotti tight and wet my whistle is some club sh*t not no sh*t a n*gga go be bangin when he chillin and smokin...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
ugly duckling chelsea clinton claims weed is killing people :cmonsonn:
76 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 44
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Whove Died Mysteriously.
215 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
117 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
66 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
NFL Jaguars Jalen Ramsey with a real suspect interview
170 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
Sep 29 - Christian boy, 16, facing DEATH PENALTY for offending Muslims in Face..
86 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
219 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Big Fase 100 (Games Brother) Has Warning For Meek Mill on Siccness.net ..
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy