Royce Da 5'9 - Independants Day

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn looks like Meek & DreamChasers wont be coming out the west anytime s..
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel:There's No Beef Between Me & Game,I Was There To Write Rhy..
136 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Royce Da 5'9 - Independants Day
5 mics 100 34.84%
4 mics 120 41.81%
3 mics 41 14.29%
2 mics 16 5.57%
1 mics 10 3.48%
Voters: 287. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-24-2005, 12:11 AM         #21
concious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
royce came wit it 4 mics, could of used less guest appearnaces though
 11 years ago '05        #22
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
space
$3,955 | Props total: 3 3
2 mics, what a huge fu*king dissapointment...not even near on par with death is certain
Piss poor production
 06-24-2005, 12:52 AM         #23
Sam Bizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 mics on skills and sickness alone....

....but as for the production....eh...
 06-24-2005, 01:00 AM         #24
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think some people had way too high expectations and were expecting an unbelievable classic. This is a top notch cd still, so far one of the best of the year and something that will be in many peoples cd players for a while.
 11 years ago '05        #25
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
space
more like the biggest dissapointments of the year, not one track with fu*kin primo on it?? what's wrong with him, I wasn't asking for an instant classic album but this sh*t was not near on par with death is certain.
 11 years ago '04        #26
Ameen 
space
space
$2,199 | Props total: 0 0
death Is Certain - 5/5

This is the best of 2005 so far but not as hot as DIC, so it's getting a 4.5/5 from me
 11 years ago '04        #27
words 
space
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 0 0
if this ain't as good as DIC how can it be any good....DIC was nowhere near a great record..and what the fu*k with that Premo track...u really want Royce to make another boring song like that stupid Hiphop..nah
 11 years ago '05        #28
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
space
if you think this is better than DIC then I can no longer take you seriously, the production of DIC was excellent and as a whole the album was great. Have you ever heard the track "Boom"? His best song to date...produced by whom? fu*kin Primo
 11 years ago '04        #29
Xcentrik 
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
wow, damn these fools dont know music.

"Hiphop" was an awesome song with awesome production and set the vibe of the whole DIC cd..

His newest cd = 2.5/5
It just doesnt have that realness, all or nothing, make or break it feel like DIC had... This is more like Rock city cd, where royce trying to please everyone again and raise his popularity in mainstream. Unfortunately that involves making bullsh*t tracks... smh

2-3 songs that are good, rest were forgetable.
 11 years ago '05        #30
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
space
Yeah 5 songs, tops, were good...seriously what the fu*k is with "Wet my Whistle"? Sounds like that retard Lil Jon jumped on the production
 11 years ago '04        #31
words 
space
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 0 0
hiphop was soo not hot at all...this was one bullsh*t loop a.k.a. regular Premo production
and besides that I did not say that this is better than DIC..I was only sayin that DIC was nowhere near a great record..see the difference
 11 years ago '05        #32
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
space
ok ok then what about tracks like Regardless (samplin the soulful Al Green) and Throwback which is such a hot fu*king track?
 11 years ago '04        #33
Xcentrik 
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
DIC is a classic in my eyes.
The collection of songs on that cd all complement his style so well, there were no bullsh*t tracks aswell 3000 guest appearances *hint hint* Independants Day is trash and is the perfect example of why I rather download before I buy.
 11 years ago '05        #34
DOOMage 34 heat pts34
space
space
I'm glad I didn't go out and buy this the day it came out without listening to it, would've been furious
 11 years ago '04        #35
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,273 | Props total: 8 8
this cd is dope....peace
 06-24-2005, 07:49 AM         #36
MURDA_INC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not as good as DIC but still a good album, but i missed da days when royce didnt care for fame and spoke da truth, now he basically is doing what every rapper is doin, chick songs, oh well, cant say im not dissappointed, every1 has to get their bread rite?
 06-24-2005, 08:31 AM         #37
Darko 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 mics 4 me sorry to dissapoint all the royce riders but this aint no 5 mics or 4 mics come on be honest with yaself.
I think royce is a hot m.c but if u ask me he is very very overatted on here evreything he does yall be like thats fiya

oh and by the way 3mics 4 me means its a good album as in above average
 11 years ago '05        #38
McLaren 
space
space
$4,722 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k what everybody else said, this is album is fu*kin' nice. Although Wet My Whistle is not a usual Royce material. this album is 4 mics in my opinion. click on this to read the interview about Indy Day.
 11 years ago '05        #39
thecondogg 
space
space
$815 | Props total: 0 0
i'll give it 3.5 rounded up to 4.....

there are some CLASSIC songs, then royce misses with a few club attempts. No Primo beats is a disappointment... but still its better than anything else dropping right now...

the thing that makes this cd sweet is the fact royce does so many diff styles-

Last edited by thecondogg; 06-24-2005 at 09:54 AM..
 06-24-2005, 10:36 AM         #40
bone1999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Xcentrik said:
wow, damn these fools dont know music.

"Hiphop" was an awesome song with awesome production and set the vibe of the whole DIC cd..

His newest cd = 2.5/5
It just doesnt have that realness, all or nothing, make or break it feel like DIC had... This is more like Rock city cd, where royce trying to please everyone again and raise his popularity in mainstream. Unfortunately that involves making bullsh*t tracks... smh

2-3 songs that are good, rest were forgetable.
Truth right here.... first time I listened to it, I was kinda disappointed... but I gave it a 3.5 so I voted a 4.

Now that I've given a 2nd listen front to back, this CD is trash!! Never would have expected this from Royce, its just a pathetic attempt at getting radio play. Some songs are just fu*kin annoying too (Wet My Whistle, Meeting of the Bosses). Overall, this is a 2.5 at best.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
58 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I thought French didnt take the birds shopping
21 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
37 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fūck a hooters!
58 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
172 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
52 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
384 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Loaded Gun With Scottís Fingerprints Found on Charlotte Shooting Scen..
231 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy