Jun 22 - Game Calls Attacks On 50, G-Unit Self-Defense: 'I Felt Like It's Five Against One'

most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Bibby left the streets now enrolled in college for computer enginee..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
77 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn Meek you got 48hours to release that mixtape or i'm deleting your di..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 22 Savage Vs 21 Savage
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
9114 pageviews
125 comments

Bundles 26 heat pts26
space
space
$1,512 | Props total: 38 38
Jun 22 - Game Calls Attacks On 50, G-Unit Self-Defense: 'I Felt Like It's Five Against One'

Got something for yall hot off the presses!! Prop me up!

[pic - click to view]

NEW YORK — "I feel they're beating down on me," Game, wearing a black T-shirt that said "G-Unot," calmly explained Tuesday night about his reignited beef with 50 Cent and crew. "I felt like it's five against one: Yayo, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks, 50 and Olivia against me. It all comes down to me having to secure the future of my family financially."

The Compton native — in New York to promote the November release of Hurricanes, his sneaker line — said his tirade at Hot 97's Summer Jam (see "Game Ends 50 Cent Truce With Verbal Attacks At Summer Jam") and, most recently, his dis-filled freestyle on the mixtape Nu Jerzey Devil & DJ Skee Present: The Game - You Know What It Is Volume 3, are his effort to defend his livelihood against attacks from his former fellow crew members in G-Unit.

He said he refuses to let the G-Unit hurt his career like they did Ja Rule and murder Inc. "I always use what happened to murder Inc. [as] the foundation," he said. "All murder Inc. did was sit back and let him [dismantle them]. Me, I can't do it."

In recent weeks, Game has verbally attacked 50 and G-Unit onstage, enlisted picketers and a man wearing a giant rat costume to make fun of 50 in the street, and now the streets are talking about "300 Bars and Runnin'," a 15-minute-plus dis freestyle on You Know What It Is Volume 3 in which Game conveys toxic thoughts toward G-Unit and others over classic rap beats like Mobb Deep's "Shook Ones, Pt. 2," Jay-Z's "Takeover" and "Dead Presidents," and Kanye West's new banger "Diamonds From Sierra Leone."

"Very, very controversial record that is," Game said about his epic dis track. "Sometimes, man, 16 bars plus an eight-bar hook is just not enough to tell your story. You have to go into the hundreds with it. Not many people have even done a 100-bar freestyle. But you know me: I've been down a 100-bar freestyle lane, I've been through a 200-bar freestyle lane, and this is my last one, 300 bars. I've been working on this the last three or four months."

As you might guess, with three songs' worth of rhymes tied into one track, Game vents his heart out. He throws some jabs at Memphis Bleek and the Young Gunz about his previous verbal exchanges with them, and leaves no G-Unit member untouched. He jokes that Young Buck actually pulled out a butter knife at the Vibe Awards (see "Dr. Dre Attacked, Man stabbed During Melee At Vibe Awards"), questions Olivia's s3xual orientation, threatens DJ Whoo Kid, says Tony Yayo is "boring" and that Lloyd Banks "sounds like Oscar the Grouch with them nursery rhymes."

"They kicked me out of G-Unit/ I rebounded like Rodman," Game raps in one of his many lines. He later addresses the now-infamous press conference calling a truce between him and Fif (see "50 Cent And The Game Call A Truce"), whom he accuses of being jealous of him. "50 whispered in my ear like we still bonding/ I'm just acting like Charles Bronson."

Game said Tuesday that during the press conference, he felt his former collaborator was just there for the publicity. He specifically pointed out that he didn't feel sincerity when 50 whispered in his ear that they "should really squash the beef."

"My feelings were genuine in squashing the beef — not on behalf of 50 Cent, not for anybody outside of myself, my family, my fans, hip-hop and my endorsements," Game said. "I got to losing endorsements — people didn't want to sponsor me and Snoop's tour because they figured I was a threat. So I opted to do the peace conference against my own will, because I know right. 50 did it, but I think he did it with the intention of promoting his album."

Of course, after Game yelled for the entire G-Unit to suck the reproductive part of his anatomy at Summer Jam, another reconciliation seems very much in doubt. Game had doubts himself about venting in such a public forum, but said that once he got onstage, his heart took over.

"When you're anticipating doing that in another man's hometown, you think about the consequences," Game said. " 'Will Jimmy Iovine [head of Interscope, label home to Game, 50 and G-Unit] be mad at me? Will Dr. Dre be mad at me?' It wasn't so much about 50. 'Will the New York crowd let me do this? Will they boo me? Will Hot 97 cut my mic off?' I'm going through all that, and at the end of the day, I came to a decision to follow my heart. I started off doing my show, and I didn't feel right. I felt it was something I had to do, so I stopped performing and that's when the tongue-lashing came."

In the wake of Game publicly calling out the G-Unit at Summer Jam, he spearheaded a campaign against the crew across New York where picketers and a person dressed in a rat costume denouncing 50 popped up all over New York. On June 6, they were at the offices of Hot 97 while Tony Yayo was upstairs doing an interview, and on the following day, the rat and crew showed up in front of the offices of Violator Management, the company that manages 50.

"I came up with that," Game said about the campaign. "I'm gonna take the blame for that. It's just basically saying 50 is a rat. I can say it because I have information based on my theory and that's him dry snitching on me all the time."

"I can't tell him not to be a man," Game's manager, Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond, said about the schism between his client and 50. "I can't tell a man to be a bi*ch. I can't do that. I don't know how to do that. When I met Game, he was a man."

Henchman and Game say that regardless of what the public perception may be, it wasn't the Hurricane who broke the truce. They say the G-Unit began taking potshots at Game in advance of Summer Jam, citing a radio interview where Tony Yayo told Whoo Kid that it was Game's own fault for being kicked out of G-Unit, and recent issues of XXL and FHM where 50 talked unfavorably about Game.

At press time, 50 Cent could not be reached for comment on the matter. His reps had no comment.

— Shaheem Reid, with additional reporting by Sway Calloway

Source:
[pic - click to view]

MTV NEWS

Last edited by Bundles; 06-22-2005 at 12:48 PM..

125 comments for "Jun 22 - Game Calls Attacks On 50, G-Unit Self-Defense: 'I Felt Like It's Five Against One'"

06-22-2005, 12:17 PM         #2
NUTTCER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Game trippin
 11 years ago '04        #3
bignick43 
space
space
space
$1,427 | Props total: 0 0
its good to see how hes doin it for him and for the streets...but from a financial standpoint hes gonna be fu*ked...
 11 years ago '04        #4
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,435 | Props total: 51 51
M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what did 50 say?????????????
 11 years ago '04        #5
kocaine187 
space
space
space
$1,491 | Props total: 0 0
50 bout to find out whats its like to be the new murder inc.

I think em gonna drop him in a years time
 11 years ago '05        #6
MusiqBeast 
space
space
$1,944 | Props total: 0 0
HA @ "Sometimes, man, 16 bars plus an eight-bar hook is just not enough to tell your story. You have to go into the hundreds with it." - classic sh*t
 06-22-2005, 12:35 PM         #7
yungblackgifted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NUTTCER said:
Game trippin

see game trippin but if 50 pull some sh*t like that he the muf'fu*kin king of new york
 06-22-2005, 12:38 PM         #8
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like game more the fifty

this n*gga game dont want to be a ja-rule and let another man fu*king him up financially look pass the beef and see one n*gga trying to stay afloat get that money while the other n*gga is set-this is a good example on only the strong survive type of sh*t
if you dont bite back youll get stomped-we alrady know how gunit works
so props to game for not being a bi*ch and letting this clown a.ss n*gga fu*k him up
 06-22-2005, 12:41 PM         #9
B.D. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im tired of them being mad like school girls. i no longer care
 11 years ago '04        #10
Evil G 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,439 | Props total: 340 340
Man Yall Jus Cant Take Game's Side N Say He k!ll'n Them Wihtout Them Even Respondin. Wait Till They Respond Back Then U Can Judge. How U Jus Gon B 1sided.
 11 years ago '05        #11
Ushouldpayme 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 104 104
It appears to me that Fiddy really schooled the Game on how to keep his name in the streets. Fiddy said fu*k it, dis me, all the haters will love and we'll both make a lot of money. G-Unit still gets paid off the Games sh*t like Eazy did when Dre was dissin' him (except that was real). Fiddy gets paid and does it like Mike Tyson does before his f!ghts. Hypes sh*t up, sells out the events and then shuts the fu*k up. Then everybody he offended keeps bringin' his name up for more publicity. People will say the n*gga is a bi*ch, snitch or whatever. I bet all his money that everyone that is a member of boxden will live with Fiddy's M.O. if it came with his money, "Guaranteed".

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME---how true this is.
 11 years ago '04        #12
serg 
space
space
$1,033 | Props total: 0 0
sometimes you gotta take an l(loss).......all it does for me is shows me that game is a real dude to say fu*k this sh*t even if i fu*k my money up...............why should he have stayed with them and said nothing when they looking down on him and brushing there shoulders off...............that sh*t would have made him look like a damn lame in my opinion
 11 years ago '05        #13
Ushouldpayme 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 104 104
 nurat said:
First Game, then Hurricane Game... now hes fu*king yoda?
^^^^^^FUNNY sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #14
K1DWONDER 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 1 1
didn't beans spit 10,000 bars one time, it was a while back but i'm not sure
 06-22-2005, 12:52 PM         #15
Travmone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know man, we'll just have to see how this sh*t plays out. Yeah he ate Gunit on the 300 bars, but i hope he don't think that he gonna have the same status that he had before. He might go gold next album, hopefully behind Dre if he still bangin wit him
 06-22-2005, 12:56 PM         #16
dECODED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 serg said:
sometimes you gotta take an l(loss).......all it does for me is shows me that game is a real dude to say fu*k this sh*t even if i fu*k my money up...............why should he have stayed with them and said nothing when they looking down on him and brushing there shoulders off...............that sh*t would have made him look like a damn lame in my opinion
agreed.
 11 years ago '04        #17
djone 
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 1 1
...press time, 50 Cent could not be reached for comment on the matter. His reps had no comment....

Has 50cent responded to the whole G-Unot/Freestyle/DISS???

Anyone know...?
 11 years ago '04        #18
Spunks3 
space
space
$257 | Props total: 0 0
no response from 50 yet...
 11 years ago '04        #19
Spunks3 
space
space
$257 | Props total: 0 0
no response from 50 yet... would i would like to see is, dre to go at GAME... he had his back thru tha whole first part... and why not see em throw a few bars on a diss... lol
 06-22-2005, 01:03 PM         #20
Assassin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"50 cent can SUCK MY d!ck"

-Game-

Words of wisdom
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
79 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside smash or pass:savage edition
61 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
116 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
24 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Meek Mill - DC4 (Official Anticipation / Discussion)
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
646 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
44 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
27 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy