online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

How To Do A Dopamine Detox

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health/fit

12 months ago '16        #1
3489 page views
43 comments

btexpress7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13839 13 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
icon How To Do A Dopamine Detox

It’s already April and some of you are sh1tting the bed when it comes to 2023... why? Because you need a...

YT

A.I. Summary of Video For Ya’ll

A dopamine detox involves abstaining from activities that release dopamine, such as social media, video games, pr0n, and other instant gratification activities, in order to reset the brain's reward system and reduce dependence on these activities. In the video, the speaker suggests that by removing the option for easy stimulation, the brain will become more motivated to seek out and enjoy the "carrot" (i.e., the hard work and discipline required to achieve goals) rather than the "chocolate" (i.e., instant gratification).

To do a dopamine detox, start by identifying the activities that give you the most pleasure and reducing or eliminating them from your life for a period of time, such as a day or a week. You may also want to set specific goals for yourself during this time, such as reading a certain number of books or exercising regularly. Additionally, it may be helpful to surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can help you stay on track.

Ultimately, the goal of a dopamine detox is to break free from the cycle of consuming personal development content without actually implementing it, and to become a producer rather than a consumer. By doing so, you can make progress towards your goals and become the best version of yourself.”

Stay Sturdy, My Friends

Last edited by btexpress7; 03-30-2023 at 11:19 AM..
+57   

icon
best
icon
worst
43 comments

12 months ago '06        #2
SKDontPlay 
Props total: 7173 7 K  Slaps total: 516 516
I think this sh1t helps create monsters. The world is fu#ked. Give yourself something to be happy about.

This is the equivalent of a heroine addict going cold turkey. Yes. It’s a step in the right direction, but the execution and lack of community assistance is terrible.
+12   

12 months ago '06        #3
NOCCOWT 
Props total: 10000 10 K  Slaps total: 3541 3 K
Na I'm good
+10   

12 months ago '23        #4
Darth Paper 
Props total: 737 737  Slaps total: 300 300
That's a HARD crash waiting to happen. I'd rather ramp down instant gratification while ramping up delayed gratification. Otherwise, you'll relapse because the withdrawal is too sudden and harsh.

If you beat off, do some PT to even it out. Then, do PT and beat off later. Then do more PT than beating off. Then stop beating off.

12 months ago '23        #5
Darth Paper 
Props total: 737 737  Slaps total: 300 300
 btexpress7 said 🔗
It’s already April and some of you are sh1tting the bed when it comes to 2023... why? Because you need a...

↪🔗

A dopamine detox involves abstaining from activities that release dopamine, such as social media, video games, pr0n, and other instant gratification activities, in order to reset the brain's reward system and reduce dependence on these activities. In the video, the speaker suggests that by removing the option for easy stimulation, the brain will become more motivated to seek out and enjoy the "carrot" (i.e., the hard work and discipline required to achieve goals) rather than the "chocolate" (i.e., instant gratification).

To do a dopamine detox, start by identifying the activities that give you the most pleasure and reducing or eliminating them from your life for a period of time, such as a day or a week. You may also want to set specific goals for yourself during this time, such as reading a certain number of books or exercising regularly. Additionally, it may be helpful to surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can help you stay on track.

Ultimately, the goal of a dopamine detox is to break free from the cycle of consuming personal development content without actually implementing it, and to become a producer rather than a consumer. By doing so, you can make progress towards your goals and become the best version of yourself.”

Stay Sturdy, My Friends

That's gotta be one of the co0niest dances ever.
+7   

12 months ago '04        #6
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20086 20 K  Slaps total: 2030 2 K
 btexpress7 said 🔗

↪🔗

Stay Sturdy, My Friends

2 days a week I stay away from the phone, no smoking, read a book, workout and drive around with no destination in mind for a clearer mind
+17   

12 months ago '22        #7
MoneyBagsBill 
Props total: 1412 1 K  Slaps total: 106 106
I saw somewhere 24 hrs in the wilderness with no electronics resets your sh1t not really a outdoorsy type but I’ve come to realize how toxic this sh1t is. Especially with the internet nowadays. I took a year off from social media bc I was tired of it man that sh1t was lovely. Man I hate having thousands of people being able to msg me if I wanted you to be able to contact me I’d give you my number.
+17   

12 months ago '16        #8
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 192787 192 K  Slaps total: 20766 20 K
I don't think im on bx as much as i used to but im on other sh1t but i also go out more to get pu$$y. So i think ill be ok for now.

12 months ago '14        #9
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 205375 205 K  Slaps total: 48011 48 K
working at ups/ amazon warehouse

or being a garbag collector

is a natural dopamine detox

and you can get paid for it.

don't you get it , dopamine detoxing is some first world problem sh1t
emoji
+12   

12 months ago '22        #10
Qnzpimpin223 
Props total: 4325 4 K  Slaps total: 431 431
 strungout said 🔗
working at ups/ amazon warehouse

or being a garbag collector

is a natural dopamine detox

and you can get paid for it.

don't you get it , dopamine detoxing is some first world problem sh1t
emoji
I gotta look into Amazon. Is it really that bad? I’d be tryna get the overnight shift and f*ck h0es. But it must be trash if u threw it in the dopamine detox box LOL
+2   

12 months ago '19        #11
KingsKid1987 
Props total: 246 246  Slaps total: 164 164
 btexpress7 said 🔗

↪🔗

Stay Sturdy, My Friends

Dope post keep them coming. 😎🤙🏾
+2   

12 months ago '14        #12
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 205375 205 K  Slaps total: 48011 48 K
 Qnzpimpin223 said 🔗
I gotta look into Amazon. Is it really that bad? I’d be tryna get the overnight shift and f*ck h0es. But it must be trash if u threw it in the dopamine detox box LOL
you will struggle to find happiness in it

but hey according to new age science, thats a good thing.
emoji

you might in all actuality fu#k some bi#ches though ...

because them girls are going to be just as stressed out as you..and you will probably end up fu#king due to just being in proximity to them..

i mean sh1t..papa pimp gets numbers, if he can do it anyone..

and its because he goes to where women are ..

🔗

Last edited by strungout; 03-31-2023 at 04:04 AM..
+2   

12 months ago '19        #13
jordanair45 
Props total: 12290 12 K  Slaps total: 2588 2 K
it will change ya life

↪🔗
+1   

12 months ago '21        #14
MR UNLIMITED 
Props total: 3788 3 K  Slaps total: 505 505
Ever since I got with my girl I completely cut out pr0n and am actually happy I’ve done it.

Now as far as other vices such as random drinking, smoking more weed and video game playing increased also. Not so much the drinking anymore which to me is a positive, but the marijuana consumption could take a tick or two down though.
emoji
+9   

12 months ago '14        #15
Rusty Bull 
Props total: 6385 6 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 SKDontPlay said 🔗
I think this sh1t helps create monsters. The world is fu#ked. Give yourself something to be happy about.

This is the equivalent of a heroine addict going cold turkey. Yes. It’s a step in the right direction, but the execution and lack of community assistance is terrible.
I’ve looked into dopamine detox before and I don’t think the article explains it correctly. Didn’t watch the video so it may have went into more detail.

But the point is so that you eventually find joy in things that make you productive. Things like reading books, exercising, etc. give you lower levels of dopamine compared to video games, TV, etc., so when you do the latter your brain naturally starts to require more dopamine to be happy. If you cut those things out then you’re required dopamine levels eventually become lower and you start to find more joy in things like reading.

At least that’s how I understood it when I looked into it
emoji
. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on this can chime in. But I’ve even tried something like this over the course of a few months (before I even knew what it was) and I can say it definitely helped my productivity. Not sure if I could do it long term tho.
+5   

12 months ago '15        #16
Hellmatic 
Props total: 93588 93 K  Slaps total: 8094 8 K
 SKDontPlay said 🔗

Could start with limiting the usage. Especially near bedtime. Don't use it for an hour before sleep
+1   

12 months ago '22        #17
letitallg0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 17003 17 K  Slaps total: 1117 1 K

Going to read this

But damn these videos always come up on here and youtube
+2   

12 months ago '13        #18
darkkingtrey 
Props total: 3676 3 K  Slaps total: 99 99
Side note i ditched FB in 2017 and it was the best decision I ever made. Showed who my real friends are and no more keeping up with people you dont give a fk about. Making 6 figures starting in a couple weeks at a new gig.

Just need to do whatever you need to do to be productive.
+6   

12 months ago '18        #19
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 96433 96 K  Slaps total: 31851 31 K
On some real sh1t I was playing nba 2k after having a bad day in general at wrk and out and about dealing with people. So I usually go home and play 2k to beat people a$s to a pulp cuz it’s the one game I’m like super super great at. Well this one particular day for whatever reason everything was going against me . I mean n1ggas is getting random steals off of bumps and I’m getting full whites releasing my shot but the ball not going in. I lost 3 games in a row and snapped! My brain desperately needed that dopamine released in some form of fashion that day and wen I ain’t get it thru my constant which is 2k I snapped. I was in the living room like

I had to calm myself dwn like n1gga wtf r u doing??
+6   

12 months ago '22        #20
Lilbeastbruh 
Props total: 505 505  Slaps total: 68 68
 Oswaldgatesjr said 🔗
On some real sh1t I was playing nba 2k after having a bad day in general at wrk and out and about dealing with people. So I usually go home and play 2k to beat people a$s to a pulp cuz it’s the one game I’m like super super great at. Well this one particular day for whatever reason everything was going against me . I mean n1ggas is getting random steals off of bumps and I’m getting full whites releasing my shot but the ball not going in. I lost 3 games in a row and snapped! My brain desperately needed that dopamine released in some form of fashion that day and wen I ain’t get it thru my constant which is 2k I snapped. I was in the living room like

I had to calm myself dwn like n1gga wtf r u doing??
Crazy n1gga

12 months ago '18        #21
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 96433 96 K  Slaps total: 31851 31 K
 Lilbeastbruh said 🔗
Crazy n1gga
Lol that sh1t had me heated. I wasn’t on the floor like the kid but I was enraged cursing and grabbing my head. 2k a do that sh1t to u.
+4   

12 months ago '16        #22
mallavetti 
Props total: 1805 1 K  Slaps total: 125 125
Oo

12 months ago '12        #23
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 72165 72 K  Slaps total: 5741 5 K
Ngl i developed a pr0n addiction the past year. I noticed it was because i started working from home and social media. I wasn’t having much human to human interaction or going out for drinks after work anymore and meeting women, also instagram seemed to be my trigger. Deleted IG, stopped watching pr0n (3 months in right now) I’ve been way more productive, I’m working out more, actually going on dates again and generally less stressed. I think the key is to find the trigger for your addiction and work from there.
+4   

12 months ago '11        #24
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
Props total: 81589 81 K  Slaps total: 9534 9 K
emoji

I just want to take a walk on a beach.

has to be an island.

12 months ago '17        #25
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 72552 72 K  Slaps total: 15457 15 K
Stupid sh1t for terminally online people.

****** go outside and socialize; you think beatin ya meat the reason you sad and in a state of ennui?

Maybe it has something to do with you having a 14.25 an hour job that only has you scheduled to work 3 days a week for 4 hour shifts and you dropping out of community college 4 1/2 years in
emoji

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5118
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3317
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+579
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food