online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

OpenAI CEO Sam Altman on Lex Fridmans podcast. This is a terrifying + interesting convo

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

12 months ago '18        #1
3800 page views
52 comments

shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 89947 89 K  Slaps total: 9397 9 K
icon OpenAI CEO Sam Altman on Lex Fridmans podcast. This is a terrifying + interesting convo

YT

OUTLINE:
0:00 - Introduction
4:36 - GPT-4
16:02 - Political bias
23:03 - AI safety
43:43 - Neural network size
47:36 - AGI
1:09:05 - Fear
1:11:14 - Competition
1:13:33 - From non-profit to capped-profit
1:16:54 - Power
1:22:06 - Elon Musk

1:30:32 - Political pressure
1:48:46 - Truth and misinformation
2:01:09 - Microsoft
2:05:09 - SVB bank collapse
2:10:00 - Anthropomorphism
2:14:03 - Future applications
2:17:54 - Advice for young people
2:20:33 - Meaning of life

Last edited by shooter; 03-26-2023 at 10:51 AM..
+25   

icon
best
icon
worst
52 comments

12 months ago '06        #2
Big Money Boy 
Props total: 2343 2 K  Slaps total: 166 166
Gonna check this out tomorrow.
+2   

12 months ago '04        #3
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15003 15 K  Slaps total: 6164 6 K
cant get enough AI
emoji
+5   

12 months ago '18        #4
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 67374 67 K  Slaps total: 5236 5 K
Watching later. His episode with Coffeezilla was decent
+4   

12 months ago '16        #5
fam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9749 9 K  Slaps total: 4300 4 K
lex fridman is like a stupid person's idea of a smart person

i know he's an mit scientist or whatever but he gives huge ret@rd vibes
+7   

12 months ago '05        #6
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 45215 45 K  Slaps total: 21329 21 K
 cuzjuan said 🔗
cant get enough AI
emoji
Open AI makes me $

emoji
+6   

12 months ago '04        #7
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 46738 46 K  Slaps total: 7590 7 K
U know its ova

O-vay
+1   

12 months ago '18        #8
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30 OP
 fam said 🔗

I wouldn't be that harsh with it but yes kind of.

He's the gateway to intellectual content like the Rich Dad Poor Dad book is the gateway to personal finance. I'd say he serves an important role.

I also think it's kinda funny that Sam Altman IS Richard from Silicon Valley and basically a top 10 most powerful human on the planet at this point.

Last edited by shooter; 03-27-2023 at 08:11 AM..
+2   

12 months ago '18        #9
tyke17  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10653 10 K  Slaps total: 1842 1 K
 fam said 🔗

Huge ret@rd related to anything not tech - definitely.

The older you get you realize most geniuses are just people who dedicated their whole lives to the study of one thing or things in a common area.

Being well rounded is ideal but most will never become that.

I hate Lex for the same reason - he sounds so out of his depth when talking about non scientific/technical subjects
+3   

12 months ago '06        #10
Doe Sun 
Props total: 5062 5 K  Slaps total: 1183 1 K
Lex is a dweeb that gets no ass. I don’t know why everyone in the YouTube/Spotify podcast space keep pushing him. It’s almost coordinated like traditional media.

12 months ago '19        #11
Jp07 
Props total: 13583 13 K  Slaps total: 2298 2 K
 fam said 🔗

I think he does that on purpose. You can tell he's an intelligent person but he asks questions like he's a normal person that doesn't understand these things. It helps with the regular audience that isn't educated in the things they are talking about.
He has some straight up scientists on sometimes like physicists and if he didn't ask questions in that way it would chase away the normal audience that couldn't even understand
+7   

12 months ago '18        #12
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 67374 67 K  Slaps total: 5236 5 K
No good deed goes unpunished, people gon talk sh1t for no reason no matter what
emoji

12 months ago '04        #13
tnice 
Props total: 42658 42 K  Slaps total: 1592 1 K

+2   

12 months ago '16        #14
 Jp07 said 🔗
I think he does that on purpose. You can tell he's an intelligent person but he asks questions like he's a normal person that doesn't understand these things. It helps with the regular audience that isn't educated in the things they are talking about.
He has some straight up scientists on sometimes like physicists and if he didn't ask questions in that way it would chase away the normal audience that couldn't even understand
i don't think it's on purpose i think he's genuinely dull of mind

he's like a gary vee type character but instead of money he does this weird sort of intellectual posturing

+2   

12 months ago '18        #15
 No Religion said 🔗
No good deed goes unpunished, people gon talk sh1t for no reason no matter what
emoji
Exactly.

I just post w/ no expectations these days. Wh0ever supposed to see it will see it.
+2   

12 months ago '05        #16
That Dude 
Props total: 30262 30 K  Slaps total: 5265 5 K
This was a good one, but something is up with this guy Sam Altman

12 months ago '05        #17
That Dude 
 fam said 🔗

he's like a gary vee type character but instead of money he does this weird sort of intellectual posturing

↪🔗
You talking about Lex? If so he definitely is not dull. He is an intellectually curious genius. There is definitely no “posturing “

Guy is a well rounded individual, knows all about computer science, coding AI. He is a scientist and lectures at MIT. He is also a black belt in various forms of martial arts

12 months ago '16        #18
 That Dude said 🔗
You talking about Lex? If so he definitely is not dull. He is an intellectually curious genius. There is definitely no “posturing “

Guy is a well rounded individual, knows all about computer science, coding AI. He is a scientist and lectures at MIT. He is also a black belt in various forms of martial arts
yeah this is a good example of what i'm talking about actually - you were confused about whether i was talking about something i was clearly talking about, and you find lex fridman's psuedo intellect grindset thing impressive. he seems like a genius to stupid people

12 months ago '19        #19
Jp07 
Props total: 13583 13 K  Slaps total: 2298 2 K
 fam said 🔗

↪🔗
I don't agree with this at all. I think he's a genuinely curious person that just asked questions in a way that regular people can understand.
I have listened to some of his podcasts with super smart people and he can keep up with them and always knows what they are talking about.
Sometimes the questions other people would call dumb questions are the best ones to ask, especially for a less educated audience and I think that's what he's doing.
I could never say lex doesn't know sh1t. Ain't like I know him personally but just from listening to the podcast alot no matter what they talk about he's educated in.
Physics, rocket engines, ai. I've heard him be educated and well spoken on many topics but like I said I feel like he tries to be a normal guy and make it so that his podcast is digestible by the masses. You don't wanna put out a show that 95% of people can't even listen to if they wanted to because they don't understand
+1   

12 months ago '22        #20
Loon Byke 
Props total: 2078 2 K  Slaps total: 388 388
 ice wolf said 🔗
Open AI makes me $

emoji
What are you using it for if I may ask? Lol

12 months ago '18        #21
 That Dude said 🔗
This was a good one, but something is up with this guy Sam Altman
I know people whom have been close to dude for years. He’s a genuine guy and crazy smart. The problem is even the most benevolent person would eventually be corrupted by the unchecked power this dude is about to have. He’s even scared of how much power he’s about to be wielding.

He talked about a UN type organization to help govern AI progress. That is needed ASAP. OpenAI was supposed to be that but they obviously switched lanes so now we need another objective third party.

12 months ago '05        #22
That Dude 
 fam said 🔗
yeah this is a good example of what i'm talking about actually - you were confused about whether i was talking about something i was clearly talking about, and you find lex fridman's psuedo intellect grindset thing impressive. he seems like a genius to stupid people
I promise you it is not that serious. I am sure you are highly intelligent with all your degrees. Only on Bx is an MIT professor not an intellect. Comical
+2   

12 months ago '05        #23
That Dude 
 shooter said 🔗
I know people whom have been close to dude for years. He’s a genuine guy and crazy smart. The problem is even the most benevolent person would eventually be corrupted by the unchecked power this dude is about to have. He’s even scared of how much power he’s about to be wielding.

He talked about a UN type organization to help govern AI progress. That is needed ASAP. OpenAI was supposed to be that but they obviously switched lanes so now we need another objective third party.
I know a couple people who know him as well. But leave it to Bx posters to claim someone isn’t smart and is a poser. fu#kin dweebs

12 months ago '05        #24
That Dude 
 Jp07 said 🔗
I don't agree with this at all. I think he's a genuinely curious person that just asked questions in a way that regular people can understand.
I have listened to some of his podcasts with super smart people and he can keep up with them and always knows what they are talking about.
Sometimes the questions other people would call dumb questions are the best ones to ask, especially for a less educated audience and I think that's what he's doing.
I could never say lex doesn't know sh1t. Ain't like I know him personally but just from listening to the podcast alot no matter what they talk about he's educated in.
Physics, rocket engines, ai. I've heard him be educated and well spoken on many topics but like I said I feel like he tries to be a normal guy and make it so that his podcast is digestible by the masses. You don't wanna put out a show that 95% of people can't even listen to if they wanted to because they don't understand
He his hating behind a keyboard bruh. Cant take these people seriously when they have a HS education or an undergrad in liberal arts at best.
+1   

12 months ago '16        #25
 That Dude said 🔗
I know a couple people who know him as well. But leave it to Bx posters to claim someone isn’t smart and is a poser. fu#kin dweebs
he was talking about Sam Altman
emoji

it's no wonder someone as easily confused as you thinks fridman is a genius

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+8210
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago