online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Mar 25 - NC man buys $68K Maserati car from Carvana, then learns it's a stolen car

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

12 months ago '05        #1
8939 page views
44 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 23183 23 K  Slaps total: 4511 4 K
Mar 25 - NC man buys $68K Maserati car from Carvana, then learns it's a stolen car

NC man buys $68K Maserati car from Carvana for wife's birthday, then learns it's a stolen car

MOORE COUNTY, N.C. -- An Army veteran in North Carolina purchased a car for more than $68,000 only to learn months later, he was sold a stolen car. And that's just the beginning of the drama surrounding the car.

This was a big purchase for Jason Scott. He bought a Maserati for more than $68,000 from Carvana in November as a birthday gift for his wife.

"It was exciting for it to be coming down the hill, waiting for it outside, everything was fine," Scott said.

Everything was fine until Scott went to get the car serviced at the Maserati dealership in February.

"That's when they found out that the vehicle was stolen," Scott added.
On the paperwork from Carvana when Scott purchased it, it says the car is a 2021 model, but during service, the technician notes state that it was discovered the parts of the car did not match the year of the VIN. After further investigation, it was discovered the car is not a 2021 model, but instead a 2017 Maserati.

"When they check the VIN number on the chassis, that's when they saw that it was a stolen vehicle. VIN on the car on the window and the car door was different," Scott said.

Police were called and Scott said he was questioned. After he showed proof he bought the Maserati from Carvana, he was free to go but since the car is a stolen vehicle, police impounded it.

Scott promptly called Carvana.

"She said, 'Well, we can't trade the vehicle back in until you bring the vehicle back.' I said, 'I can't bring the vehicle back.' I said, 'The police have the vehicle,'" Scott said he told the company.

He said he provided the police report to Carvana to show he couldn't return the car. He also wanted his down payment, plus the two car payments returned.

"They wasn't responding back to anything at all," Scott said.

Carvana initially told ABC11 Troubleshooter Diane Wilson that due to pending litigation, they can't comment, but has since released a statement saying:

"When Carvana acquired this vehicle, someone had taken sophisticated criminal steps to steal and alter the vehicle and we're taking all the necessary steps to make it right for our customer in this rare instance."

Scott does have an attorney who sent Carvana a letter with his demands, which were $1 million in compensation for losses, both financially and reputationally, and a public apology. Carvana did send a letter in response to Scott's attorney, which said in part that Carvana denied any prior knowledge that the vehicle was stolen when they purchased it, and apologized for his experience. The letter states a customer advocate with Carvana told Scott they would refund the money he had already applied to the purchase or he could swap into another vehicle of his choice and also offered him $1,000 as a gesture of goodwill.

Besides wanting all of his money back, Scott is seeking $1 million in compensation for what he's been through and said he wants Carvana to take steps to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

"I know they say they have 150-point inspections. I want them to have 151. Check to see if the vehicle is stolen. The last thing I want anybody to do is to get caught late at night on some strange road in the backcountry and they can't verify it and they look at that person as a criminal," Scott said.

The North Carolina Attorney General's office said they are investigating Carvana as they have 130 complaints against the company, but are not aware of any complaints involving selling stolen cars.

https://abc7ny.com/carvan .. tion/12999990/
+26   

icon
best
icon
worst
44 comments

12 months ago '22        #2
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 56454 56 K  Slaps total: 12619 12 K
at least he only out a down payment and 2 payments instead of the whole 68 racks
+59   

Top 10 most slapped recently  12 months ago '22        #3
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x109
Props total: 187400 187 K  Slaps total: 219769 219 K

12 months ago '08        #4
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54578 54 K  Slaps total: 4325 4 K
 Voodoopocalypse said 🔗
at least he only out a down payment and 2 payments instead of the whole 68 racks
Nah fu#k even that. They sold him a stolen vehicle.
+79   

12 months ago '22        #5
Deebo1 
Props total: 2718 2 K  Slaps total: 3010 3 K
I would’ve asked for 100 million
emoji
+14   

12 months ago '19        #6
Simp Hand Weak 
Props total: 36558 36 K  Slaps total: 11653 11 K
1 million lawsuit

emoji
+18   

12 months ago '17        #7
Its 
Props total: 65894 65 K  Slaps total: 5198 5 K
emoji

Son said he want 151
Boy practiced that sh1t before he said it
emoji
+45   

12 months ago '04        #8
pissin-on-game 
Props total: 1622 1 K  Slaps total: 139 139
Got a car from vroom and the next month had speeding tickets made to me from another state. After researching and calls it was from the Vroom person who bring in the cars
+43   

12 months ago '22        #9
PipeLayer04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 20132 20 K  Slaps total: 1911 1 K
These greedy corporations only showing us more & more why, not only shouldn't we trust them but to make sure you have all your paperwork in order & saved just in case of circumstances like this.

How is Carvana as a whole not shut down for good after constant complaints from hundreds to thousands of customers for years?
+27   

12 months ago '04        #10
DrOmango 
Props total: 541 541  Slaps total: 118 118
 Voodoopocalypse said 🔗
and a hard credit for financing. but that can be disputed and cleaned up.

would drop the lawsuit. he knew a masarati aint going for that cheap unless it was under water and salvage title.

12 months ago '22        #11
GOLDUST  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 9886 9 K  Slaps total: 3611 3 K
Plot twist: he's the one that sold the stolen car to Carvana, under an alias.

Now suing for 1million
emoji
+36   

12 months ago '22        #12
Bzp 
Props total: 11189 11 K  Slaps total: 1558 1 K
On some real sh1t, you gotta imagine how many people try to pull one over on carvana everyday. And then imagine how many of these are legit they just gotta investigate and you gotta push. Bc somebody might buy a car from them switch the parts and take the sh1t back. But never will I buy a used Maserati, not even from the dealer.
+18   

12 months ago '10        #13
deadlift 
Props total: 28200 28 K  Slaps total: 3362 3 K
🔗

+2   

12 months ago '05        #14
Tonero 
Props total: 14655 14 K  Slaps total: 3435 3 K
If u have 68k why not go str8 to the massaratti dealership?
+17   

12 months ago '04        #15
Stu Shiesty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 51499 51 K  Slaps total: 8477 8 K
🔗

+2   

12 months ago '04        #16
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 37706 37 K  Slaps total: 4104 4 K
carvana is about to go out of business by the end of year. They need every dollar
+8   

12 months ago '22        #17
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 56454 56 K  Slaps total: 12619 12 K
price is right
emoji
+1   

12 months ago '04        #18
cold_young_thug  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 18295 18 K  Slaps total: 4112 4 K
 bobbysteels18 said 🔗
NC man buys $68K Maserati car from Carvana for wife's birthday, then learns it's a stolen car

MOORE COUNTY, N.C. -- An Army veteran in North Carolina purchased a car for more than $68,000 only to learn months later, he was sold a stolen car. And that's just the beginning of the drama surrounding the car.

This was a big purchase for Jason Scott. He bought a Maserati for more than $68,000 from Carvana in November as a birthday gift for his wife.

"It was exciting for it to be coming down the hill, waiting for it outside, everything was fine," Scott said.

Everything was fine until Scott went to get the car serviced at the Maserati dealership in February.

"That's when they found out that the vehicle was stolen," Scott added.
On the paperwork from Carvana when Scott purchased it, it says the car is a 2021 model, but during service, the technician notes state that it was discovered the parts of the car did not match the year of the VIN. After further investigation, it was discovered the car is not a 2021 model, but instead a 2017 Maserati.

"When they check the VIN number on the chassis, that's when they saw that it was a stolen vehicle. VIN on the car on the window and the car door was different," Scott said.

Police were called and Scott said he was questioned. After he showed proof he bought the Maserati from Carvana, he was free to go but since the car is a stolen vehicle, police impounded it.

Scott promptly called Carvana.

"She said, 'Well, we can't trade the vehicle back in until you bring the vehicle back.' I said, 'I can't bring the vehicle back.' I said, 'The police have the vehicle,'" Scott said he told the company.

He said he provided the police report to Carvana to show he couldn't return the car. He also wanted his down payment, plus the two car payments returned.

"They wasn't responding back to anything at all," Scott said.

Carvana initially told ABC11 Troubleshooter Diane Wilson that due to pending litigation, they can't comment, but has since released a statement saying:

"When Carvana acquired this vehicle, someone had taken sophisticated criminal steps to steal and alter the vehicle and we're taking all the necessary steps to make it right for our customer in this rare instance."

Scott does have an attorney who sent Carvana a letter with his demands, which were $1 million in compensation for losses, both financially and reputationally, and a public apology. Carvana did send a letter in response to Scott's attorney, which said in part that Carvana denied any prior knowledge that the vehicle was stolen when they purchased it, and apologized for his experience. The letter states a customer advocate with Carvana told Scott they would refund the money he had already applied to the purchase or he could swap into another vehicle of his choice and also offered him $1,000 as a gesture of goodwill.

Besides wanting all of his money back, Scott is seeking $1 million in compensation for what he's been through and said he wants Carvana to take steps to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

"I know they say they have 150-point inspections. I want them to have 151. Check to see if the vehicle is stolen. The last thing I want anybody to do is to get caught late at night on some strange road in the backcountry and they can't verify it and they look at that person as a criminal," Scott said.

The North Carolina Attorney General's office said they are investigating Carvana as they have 130 complaints against the company, but are not aware of any complaints involving selling stolen cars.

↪🔗
offering him a $1000 to cover the emotional distress and stress of having to find another car out of nowhere is wild. insurance dont cover that. i would ask for a million too. fu#k these pieces of sh1t
+15   

12 months ago '04        #19
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 46738 46 K  Slaps total: 7590 7 K
Saying 68 stacks is just sensational journalism right?

A levante for 68k lol...

12 months ago '05        #20
younghova032003 
Props total: 481 481  Slaps total: 41 41
I bet he had something to do with that.. He set it all up .

12 months ago '19        #21
dollarvandriver 
Props total: 2414 2 K  Slaps total: 64 64
 xbossxplayax said 🔗

A levante for 68k lol...
Accidental slap. I agree with u totally, wild pricing lol
+1   

12 months ago '15        #22
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 137250 137 K  Slaps total: 7680 7 K
 Simp Hand Weak said 🔗
1 million lawsuit

emoji
This and only this. I’d be happy.
emoji

bi#ch we both gonna have one.
emoji
+4   

12 months ago '10        #23
bunun  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 27129 27 K  Slaps total: 2055 2 K
dang sold bih a 2017 and he thought it was 2021
+1   

12 months ago '15        #24
black tesla 
Props total: 10064 10 K  Slaps total: 727 727
 Tonero said 🔗
If u have 68k why not go str8 to the massaratti dealership?

He didn't pay 68k up front but the way the title and article is written, it's hard to tell unless you read it till the end
+7   

12 months ago '21        #25
RAD Consulting 
Props total: 6451 6 K  Slaps total: 2022 2 K
 xbossxplayax said 🔗

A levante for 68k lol...
 dollarvandriver said 🔗
Accidental slap. I agree with u totally, wild pricing lol
2017 levante go for $30k
even used 2022 go for $65k.
maseratis are pure trash.
+10   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5123
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3321
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+419
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋