Just Went and bought a iPhone for 1st Time (horrible experience)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
37 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '18        #1
9276 page views
225 comments

Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 80692 80 K  Slaps total: 26678 26 K
Just Went and bought a iPhone for 1st Time (horrible experience)

Man I ain't even unbox this 14 pro max yet and I'm already having regrets. So I go inside apple store at appr 6:30 pm to get a phone and the store is packed with millions of sheep who are just looking at the same slightly upgraded version of a product they already own Anyways I'm standing and standing and I'm waiting for like 15 min. There are like 20 apple store employees around just casually talking to customers about God knows fu*kin what. So a guy finally comes over and approaches me after 20 min and he like hey can I help u??

I'm like uhhh yea, I'm here to buy a phone . Ok he says he'll get right at me. Time and more time goes by and now it's 30 min later and I just say fu*k it and walk out. Now it's 7:20 the mall closes at 8. I walk around do more shopping then I go back into the store 7:45 to buy phone . Another dude comes over and says can I help u. I'm like yea I'm tryna buy the 14 pro max. So I'm thinking dude is just gonna flat out ring me up for the phone he takes another 15 minutes just acting buddy buddy with me talkin about the phone specs and apple and all this other sh*t about the phone that I already knew. I'm like dude just fu*kin sell me the phone!! Finally he rings me up .. and I'm out

What in the entire fu*k that I just go thru? This is my first iphone after being with the galaxy team since 09. I said I was gonna give this a yr to see what this hype is buy I swear I just came out some sort of hypnotist type time warp full of sheep and wannabe elitist. sh*t felt like some type of fraternity almost. It was really bad. Then he hit me with its no power brick inside phone u gotta buy separately which I knew but forgot. What's so hot about apple?? I just dnt get it? Is it just the branding? If it was the gs23 I could've walked right in got it and left . Just bad man.
+29   

best
worst
225 comments

4 weeks ago '20        #2
Bakwaas 
Props total: 531 531  Slaps total: 56 56
Been wanting to buy one since last year but couldn't get past being in a box from apple...been galaxy team since forever
+24   

4 weeks ago '05        #3
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 142854 142 K  Slaps total: 15555 15 K
That sucks, I just came back around to the apple ecosystem because I recently brought a MacBook Air on sale and my LGV60 was getting a little long in the tooth and I was due an upgrade.

I have T-Mobile so I order my iPhone online had it shipped to the store and it was an easy process, in and out of the store in less than 30 minutes.
+8   

4 weeks ago '22        #4
LordGimmeASine 
Props total: 10332 10 K  Slaps total: 694 694
Took my talents to Samsung and never looked back!

+70   

4 weeks ago '19        #5
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 71625 71 K  Slaps total: 14273 14 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Man I ain't even unbox this 14 pro max yet and I'm already having regrets. So I go inside apple store at appr 6:30 pm to get a phone and the store is packed with millions of sheep who are just looking at the same slightly upgraded version of a product they already own Anyways I'm standing and standing and I'm waiting for like 15 min. There are like 20 apple store employees around just casually talking to customers about God knows fu*kin what. So a guy finally comes over and approaches me after 20 min and he like hey can I help u??

I'm like uhhh yea, I'm here to buy a phone . Ok he says he'll get right at me. Time and more time goes by and now it's 30 min later and I just say fu*k it and walk out. Now it's 7:20 the mall closes at 8. I walk around do more shopping then I go back into the store 7:45 to buy phone . Another dude comes over and says can I help u. I'm like yea I'm tryna buy the 14 pro max. So I'm thinking dude is just gonna flat out ring me up for the phone he takes another 15 minutes just acting buddy buddy with me talkin about the phone specs and apple and all this other sh*t about the phone that I already knew. I'm like dude just fu*kin sell me the phone!! Finally he rings me up .. and I'm out

What in the entire fu*k that I just go thru? This is my first iphone after being with the galaxy team since 09. I said I was gonna give this a yr to see what this hype is buy I swear I just came out some sort of hypnotist type time warp full of sheep and wannabe elitist. sh*t felt like some type of fraternity almost. It was really bad. Then he hit me with its no power brick inside phone u gotta buy separately which I knew but forgot. What's so hot about apple?? I just dnt get it? Is it just the branding? If it was the gs23 I could've walked right in got it and left . Just bad man.
You could have done it all online. I got my phone through Simple Mobile. You buy the phone and plan online. They ship the phone. Then, you activate your phone when you get it. That's it.
+26   

4 weeks ago '22        #6
LordGimmeASine 
 unit321 said
You could have done it all online. I got my phone through Simple Mobile. You buy the phone and plan online. They ship the phone. Then, you activate your phone when you get it. That's it.
Oh shoot, you use Simple Mobile too?

At some point though I do wanna eventually switch to either Verizon or AT&T as I was an AT&T subscriber at 18 but you know how these mobile carriers do; they monopolize and take over the little guys... I was told over the phone that I gotta switch my sim card to a "Verizon compatible one" now.

But wasn't Simple Mobile a subsidiary of T-Mobile before? That's how it was introduced to me, kinda like what H2O was to AT&T but maybe it was just that Simple used to use T-Mobile's towers.

Last edited by LordGimmeASine; 02-24-2023 at 06:44 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #7
cledee23 
Props total: 7516 7 K  Slaps total: 990 990
 Oswaldgatesjr said

You did it to yourself. But the phone itself is not bad. It's just that you are tied to the apple economy system now.
+5   

4 weeks ago '19        #8
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 71625 71 K  Slaps total: 14273 14 K
 LordGimmeASine said
Oh shoot, you use Simple Mobile too?

At some point though I do wanna eventually switch to either Verizon or AT&T as I was an AT&T subscriber at 18 but you know how these mobile carriers do; they monopolize and take over the little guys... I was told over the phone that I gotta switch my sim card to a "Verizon compatible one" now.
Yeah, I switched my sim card already. I think my service is a little bit worse.

I had Cingular and AT&T for years in the beginning... they were about raping you on that monthly contract... Every time I re-uped, I thought I was getting a better minutes plan, thinking I was getting a better 2-year deal... a month later, the competition had something better. That was a cycle of self-destructive behavior. I switched to Metro PCS and that was better financially. You pay more instead of pay-as-you-go but you get a better phone selection, that's the only plus with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile.
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #9
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 83333 83 K  Slaps total: 5514 5 K
T mobile and samsung
+6   

4 weeks ago '22        #10
LordGimmeASine 
 unit321 said
Yeah, I switched my sim card already. I think my service is a little bit worse.
I'm glad you mentioned that; I was very close to switching to and using that Verizon compatible sim card.

Before I got the T-Mobile Home Internet set up, I was going to use one of my old sim cards and put it in one of my old iPhones to use as a makeshift router but Simple said that sim card was no longer good.

I got the Verizon compatible one but then I just ended up getting the Home Internet here set up shortly after.
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #11
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 72417 72 K  Slaps total: 30090 30 K
Congrats, you’re now the ‘sheep’ you were complaining about.
+18   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
Poncho520 
Props total: 33422 33 K  Slaps total: 2301 2 K
Galaxy till iPhone 4 then s6, s10 now s21 ultra

Ipad pro 10.5
Ipad pro 12.9
Mac book pro
2x Mac mini

I like apple everything but my phones.
Just not flexible enough.

+5   

4 weeks ago '22        #13
LordGimmeASine 
 Poncho520 said
Galaxy till iPhone 4 then s6, s10 now s21 ultra

Ipad pro 10.5
Ipad pro 12.9
Mac book pro
2x Mac mini

I like apple everything but my phones.
Just not flexible enough.

I'm anti-Apple but I'll always fu*k with their computers and always keep an old iPhone or 2 in the stash.

4 weeks ago '22        #14
Blackberries 
Props total: 22456 22 K  Slaps total: 3351 3 K

+5   

4 weeks ago '04        #15
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 83333 83 K  Slaps total: 5514 5 K
I need my note back tho this no sd card is bothersome on the s22
+5   

4 weeks ago '09        #16
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x95
Props total: 285927 285 K  Slaps total: 30571 30 K
 LordGimmeASine said
I'm anti-Apple but I'll always fu*k with their computers and always keep an old iPhone or 2 in the stash.

i have never used any apple product
+6   

4 weeks ago '08        #17
Ridah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6664 6 K  Slaps total: 1940 1 K
Team Samsung 4 Life fu*k Adam's Apple
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '22        #18
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x62
Props total: 116050 116 K  Slaps total: 93680 93 K

4 weeks ago '22        #19
LordGimmeASine 
 messy marv stan said
i have never used any apple product
You're a better man than me.

I'd say from 2009 to like 2019, I was all pro-Apple and was fu*king with the iPhone hype.

Ironically so, the issues OP went through I had gone through years ago with Apple. They just hire anyone that's pretentious and pseudo-savvy in tech at that Genius Bar. I won't throw all of them under the bus; there were a few cool people at the Apple Store on 5th Avenue years ago but based on the OP, I see ain't much changed with them.

But I'm good off Apple these days though...

+3   

4 weeks ago '12        #20
gunshot225 
Props total: 16076 16 K  Slaps total: 1324 1 K
It's not that bad if you like simple sh*t. I can't live without my modded apps so it's Android all day for me. I don't think I can live without my modded Spotify and Apple Music and Tidal. Give it some time. You might learn to love it
+5   

4 weeks ago '08        #21
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 16949 16 K  Slaps total: 2697 2 K
I have a note 20 ultra still have it. Decided to get the iPhone 12 Pro max. That whole UI is outdated as fu*k. It feels like I had a iPod touch from 12 years ago. sh*t is trash. No customization what so ever or nothing.

You can’t hide names of females texting you or nothing. What kinda sh*t is that? You basically gotta turn off the Notification Center from the lock screen completely.

fu*k that phone.
+6   

4 weeks ago '13        #22
BluRevolver 
Props total: 8740 8 K  Slaps total: 1694 1 K
I’ve gone from gs3 to iPhone 6 to gs8 to gs10e to iPhone 13 mini. All the same sh*t. You shoulda ordered online
+3   

4 weeks ago '11        #23
Darealness420 
Props total: 2217 2 K  Slaps total: 1455 1 K
Never go to the store
+11   

4 weeks ago '15        #24
Ruger707  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13497 13 K  Slaps total: 839 839
Android and Xbox people always feel the need to voice their opinion on why their product is superior when it’s all the same sh*t more or less
+7   

4 weeks ago '18        #25
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13 OP
Props total: 80692 80 K  Slaps total: 26678 26 K
 unit321 said
I wanted it on the spot. Even tho shipping was free and one day smh. I dropped 1000 on this sh*t and I really needed a phone. I'll be keeping this til 2026.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  23
Mar 21 - 0nlyFans model sues ex $6.3B for alleged revenge pr0n
161 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+85online now  21
Mar 22 - Uganda passes a law making it a crime to identify as LGBTQ
243 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Mar 20 - TikTok star Jehane Thomas dies suddenly at 30, suffered migra..
122 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-69online now  13
Video inside Mz Dani says that Dave East stays in her inbox , can't smash unless he ..
244 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy