online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Feb 7 - New Yorkers get goose coats jacked in dc

more
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 year ago '05        #1
10944 page views
84 comments

blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x74
Props total: 143680 143 K  Slaps total: 105534 105 K
Feb 7 - New Yorkers get goose coats jacked in dc

Couple Walking in Dupont Circle Robbed of Canada Goose Jackets

What started out as a leisurely stroll around the sites of D.C. ended in the 1800 block of T Street NW for the couple from upstate New York.

By Derrick Ward, News4 Reporter • Published February 6, 2023 • Updated on February 6, 2023 at 11:54 pm
Thieves have once again targeted people wearing Canada Goose jackets, this time, a couple walking around Dupont Circle who was visiting from out of state with their son.

What started out as a leisurely stroll around the sites of D.C. ended in the 1800 block of T Street NW for the couple from upstate New York.

“I’m an attorney from the south Bronx, living in rough neighborhoods in New York, so I thought I would be well-equipped,” Julian Kaufman said.

But he and his wife, Sheila Kaufman, who were walking with their son, weren’t ready to be accosted at gunpoint in the middle of the afternoon.

“And all of a sudden someone’s like, ‘Gimme your coat! Gimme your coat!’ And I thought, is this a joke?” Sheila Kaufman said. “And then he waved a gun by me… and I took it off and gave it to him.”

The coats were Canada Goose. Coveted by criminals, there’s been a rash of robberies for the expensive outerwear. A Howard University student was also targeted for his Canada Goose jacket on Jan. 24 on Georgia Avenue NW.

After Sheila Kaufman gave up her coat, another gunman went up to her husband and demanded his.

Julian Kaufman said the gunman started counting down from five. He didn’t get to one before he handed over the jacket.

“What’re you gonna do if you’re in that situation? You got a gun to your head, so,” Julian Kaufman said.

The most compelling evidence police have so far is some Ring camera video that captured the moments just after the robbery.

In video released by D.C. police, the suspects can be seen getting into a silver Hyundai Elantra and speeding off.

Shiela Kaufman said their son had spotted two men “sitting in an alleyway with their ski masks on, and he said he started walking faster.”

But the robbers caught up.

“They were in and out fast, so they seemed to know what they were doing. I’m sure they’d done it before; they didn’t seem like rookies,” Julian Kaufman said.

The escape vehicle was last seen headed north. The Kaufmans weren’t injured, but they were coatless and cold, and a little more conscious of the value some people put on certain jackets.

In the meantime, authorities hope the video will lead to arrests.
Bum a$s New Yorkers think they’re bullet proof. They gonna learn today
emoji

Like the 4th-5th incident in dc last couple of weeks. Y’all stay safe
emoji

icon
best
icon
worst
84 comments

1 year ago '20        #2
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68919 68 K  Slaps total: 5343 5 K
emoji
this Indian dude is bragging about some j3wish people that got robbed?

emoji
Who brags about robberies going up in their city?
+56   

1 year ago '05        #3
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x74 OP
 POWER RAPS said 🔗
emoji
this Indian dude is bragging about some j3wish people that got robbed?

emoji
Who brags about robberies going up in their city?
What are you babbling about ******? Are you ret@rded?
emoji

1 year ago '20        #4
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68919 68 K  Slaps total: 5343 5 K
 blah blah blah said 🔗
emoji
Why you bragging about a j3wish couple with their kid getting robbed for their coats when everyone knows you for hiding from an a$s whooping?
+15   

1 year ago '05        #5
 POWER RAPS said 🔗
Why you bragging about a j3wish couple with their kid getting robbed for their coats when everyone knows you for hiding from an a$s whooping?
Must be another pu$$y New Yorker

Mf doom
emoji

1 year ago '05        #6
 NoWorries said 🔗
OP is an angry 1ncel

It’s a cliche but it’s true, probably never been more evident than before now : misery loves company.

Internet filled with miserable mfs who can only feel good about themselves by enjoying the misfortune of others.
Another one
emoji

1 year ago '22        #7
Voodoogeddon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 21621 21 K  Slaps total: 6513 6 K
biden era

1 year ago '17        #8
Poncho520 
Props total: 39314 39 K  Slaps total: 2807 2 K
Was in DC a few month back with the family. DC is small compared to NYC so we walked the city site seeing as we went.
They got a lot of homeless and poor folks adjacent to well to do areas. From the bus station to the area near where the wizards play is risky. Gotta keep your head on a swivel.
+11   

1 year ago '04        #9
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 124616 124 K  Slaps total: 8117 8 K
Glad I did all my sightseeing already
+4   

1 year ago '06        #10
Supa mario 
Props total: 36542 36 K  Slaps total: 3341 3 K
DC n1ggas out here stealing coats. bum sh1t
emoji
+17   

1 year ago '04        #11
Tikyle2 
Props total: 15535 15 K  Slaps total: 2105 2 K
It's a cold world out there......
+3   

1 year ago '06        #12
illathruz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 19245 19 K  Slaps total: 4126 4 K
Oh, it's funny that tourists get robbed in the white part of town?

You realize tourism is the top industry in DC right? You think DC makes money on finance? Entertainment? Farmland? Being the political capital???

Nope. DC needs all the tourists it can get. During the anthrax scare, DC lost mad tourist dollars. If these folks find out they stealing jackets then they not going to be around until spring when it's cherry blossom season
+9   

1 year ago '22        #13
Mainman301  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9904 9 K  Slaps total: 3675 3 K
DC has turned from sugar to sh1t since the pandemic. So many robberies and ki1ling of innocence people. My co worker was ki1led last month delivering groceries for Amazon. sh1t is out of control here.

↪🔗
+18   

1 year ago '05        #14
 Mainman301 said 🔗
DC has turned from sugar to sh1t since the pandemic. So many robberies and ki1ling of innocence people. My co worker was ki1led last month delivering groceries for Amazon. sh1t is out of control here.

↪🔗
Sad story that barely got coverage

1 year ago '20        #15
lostOne 
Props total: 4554 4 K  Slaps total: 767 767
My mans back home been telling me DC been a warzone like open season type. sh1t is not sweet cause you in the 'Presidents' city. Unless your a$s stays on The Mall

Where they got hit ain't a bad area either but projects are like a stone throw away too.
+2   

1 year ago '17        #16
sjuelz 
Props total: 17794 17 K  Slaps total: 2571 2 K
new york staying rent free
emoji
+6   

1 year ago '17        #17
Tetsuo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22465 22 K  Slaps total: 1813 1 K
 blah blah blah said 🔗
emoji
are you ret@rded!?
+2   

1 year ago '06        #18
 NoWorries said 🔗
It’s honestly probably professional services. Probably more lawyers per capita in DC than anywhere else in the country, maybe the planet considering how small it is compared to other large international markets.

Throw in “consultants” and lobbyists and you’re talking about probably a billion dollar sector.

Tourism is big but being the capital and seat of the national government requires a lot of private sector services to interface with the government.

But yeah, OP laughing and acting like he’s from the streets is dumb as hell. Type of stupid you don’t even waste your time acknowledging directly.
That's a good take. Based on the figures alone though: "[the tourism] industry is the second-largest economic generator for [Washington DC]"
Those businesses are likely not paying much tax if any and same with their employees

But I do appreciate your point and pinpointing the exact numbers is going to require a solid 10 minutes of scouring the web
+2   

1 year ago '10        #19
SmoothTay  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 169717 169 K  Slaps total: 28737 28 K
 blah blah blah said 🔗
↪🔗

emoji

emoji
New York State aint NYC bruh
+7   

1 year ago '06        #20
 lostOne said 🔗
My mans back home been telling me DC been a warzone like open season type. sh1t is not sweet cause you in the 'Presidents' city. Unless your a$s stays on The Mall

Where they got hit ain't a bad area either but projects are like a stone throw away too.
Oh really? What projects are a stones throw away from 18th and T St NW homie?

Which projects? Please, tell me
+7   

1 year ago '06        #21
BigRed912 
Props total: 12424 12 K  Slaps total: 1770 1 K
DC been hot for a minute now and doesn’t look to slow down anytime soon smh
+1   

1 year ago '20        #22
lostOne 
Props total: 4554 4 K  Slaps total: 767 767
 illathruz said 🔗
Oh really? What projects are a stones throw away from 18th and T St NW homie?

Which projects? Please, tell me
Oh you one of those literal types huh?...Get your understanding up

You either know what i mean or you don't but I'm good

1 year ago '06        #23
 lostOne said 🔗
Oh you one of those literal types huh?...Get your understanding up

You either know what i mean or you don't but I'm good
Even in a general sense, what projects are close to there? Which projects were you even referring to?

You sound dumb right now.
+5   

1 year ago '17        #24
JacobWatch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68229 68 K  Slaps total: 4356 4 K
 blah blah blah said 🔗
↪🔗

emoji

emoji

The family on vacation victimized for their fu#king jackets are the bums in this scenario??

Plus nobody got popped so apparently they gave it up and don’t think they were bulletproof.

Ya n1ggas can’t be this ret@rded

emoji
+4   

1 year ago '15        #25
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 137264 137 K  Slaps total: 7681 7 K
 Poncho520 said 🔗
Was in DC a few month back with the family. DC is small compared to NYC so we walked the city site seeing as we went.
They got a lot of homeless and poor folks adjacent to well to do areas. From the bus station to the area near where the wizards play is risky. Gotta keep your head on a swivel.
Son it’s just like BK it changes from block to block. I was just thinking about this sh1t the other day though. I don’t be out in the cold much but I stomp thru DC and NY to see fam a lot. I opted for the goose instead of the Moncler for this very reason. But I see the sh1t don’t matter out here. I got a Moose Knuckle too. But same sh1t. Nuccaz taking Marmots too??

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+524
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+433
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+342
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career