Any of y'all got "Anterior Pelvic Tilt" ? Excersises to help fix it

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+104  117
46 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

1 month ago '13        #1
4191 page views
54 comments

uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 80187 80 K  Slaps total: 13125 13 K
Any of y'all got "Anterior Pelvic Tilt" ? Excersises to help fix it

Your lower back caves in. I had to ditch a couple of my fav clothes because they started to look weird on me. A personal trainer at the gym suggested some of the stretches in this video to help. I thought this was uncurrable so im happy to know that I can fix / minimize it

1) 2:33 Lying tilt 10x
2) 3:03 Standing tilt 10x
3) 3:26 Hip thrust 3 sets 10x
4) 4:36 RLC Planks 2 sets max hold
5) 5:25 Lunge Stretch 2 sets 30 sec hold
6) 6:06 Rectus Formis stretch 2 sets 30 sec each leg

+34   

best
worst
54 comments

1 month ago '21        #2
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 28174 28 K  Slaps total: 8021 8 K
Just get into yoga breh
It's honestly the best sh*t you can do for yourself
+32   

1 month ago '23        #3
Salma Nilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 6005 6 K  Slaps total: 7759 7 K
I've been looking for this I thought it was a short torso problem or one leg longer than the other
+2   

1 month ago '13        #4
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19 OP
 Jonny2soxs said
Just get into yoga breh
It's honestly the best sh*t you can do for yourself
i'd be interested. You do it at a gym or you follow an online routine?
All i do is weight lifting , so my flexible on 0
+1   

1 month ago '07        #5
ericsupreme 
Props total: 2050 2 K  Slaps total: 400 400
we old now lmao
+25   

1 month ago '08        #6
get_ate 
Props total: 4748 4 K  Slaps total: 360 360
 uoeno said
If you want to blame weightlifting for your current lack of flexibility, then you should be accurate in stating that the cause is weightlifting IMPROPERLY.

As it stands, it's a myth that weightlifting adversely affects flexibility. Neither is it true that the bigger a muscle grows, the more inflexible it becomes. On the contrary, numerous studies have found that weightlifting actually increases flexibility, but that's if you train through a complete range of motion, which is something that an overwhelming majority of people don't do.

As for the muscles, muscles don't grow in isolation. No, the ligaments and tendons that support the muscle also grow, thus allowing for the maintenance of flexibility. That said, that's not the case in steroid abusers, as the growth of muscle tends to outpace that of the ligaments and tendons, which can then result in stiffness, as well as increase the risk of injury.

Last edited by get_ate; 02-05-2023 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Edit
+7   

1 month ago '21        #7
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 28174 28 K  Slaps total: 8021 8 K
 uoeno said
i'd be interested. You do it at a gym or you follow an online routine?
I haven't done it in years due to lazyness
But I would do it at home using YouTube or app on my phone

Just smoke a blunt and try it , it will help u with your problem, people think yoga is a woman's thing but I promise you , you'll see a incredible difference to your life
+4   

1 month ago '13        #8
 get_ate said
If you want to blame weightlifting for your current lack of flexibility, then you should be accurate in stating that the cause is weightlifting IMPROPERLY.

As it stands, it's a myth that weightlifting adversely affects flexibility. Neither is it true that the bigger a muscle grows, the more inflexible it becomes. On the contrary, numerous studies have found that weightlifting actually increases flexibility, but that's if you train through a complete range of motion, which is something that an overwhelming majority of people do.

As for the muscles, muscles don't grow in isolation. No, the ligaments and tendons that support the muscle also grow, thus allowing for the maintenance of flexibility. That said, that's not the case in steroid abusers, as the growth of muscle tends to outpace that of the ligaments and tendons, which can then result in stiffness, as well as increase the risk of injury.
 Jonny2soxs said
I haven't done it in years due to lazyness
But I would do it at home using YouTube or app on my phone

Just smoke a blunt and try it , it will help u with your problem, people think yoga is a woman's thing but I promise you , you'll see a incredible difference to your life

word. this is good information. Do you have a link to a video or something that shows a recommended yoga routine for an absolute beginner who pretty never does stretches? Would like to learn more about increasing my flexibility.

Salma Nilla said
I've been looking for this I thought it was a short torso problem or one leg longer than the other
same. I noticed that it was affecting some of my other lifts, like squats and lunges (unable to balance myself in these unless if i plate a plate under my heels, or wear heel elevated shoes)

so i did some research and came across a lot of videos and reddit threads. The main root of the issue for me is tight hips + weak glutes and core.

Last edited by uoeno; 02-05-2023 at 03:16 PM..
+6   

1 month ago '16        #9
Head Coach 
Props total: 22208 22 K  Slaps total: 1738 1 K
Yea man I looked this up yrs ago when I started wearing more fitted clothes I noticed my belly stood out but I had abs at the same time

It's also called lordosis

They say your hip flexors are tight and your abs are weak so you gotta do stretches primarily targeting your hip flexor

And alotta ab workouts

I think it's cuz I don't sleep on my back but it's not bad I'm pretty much the only one that notices it

Pigeon stretch pose for hip flexors

Last edited by Head Coach; 02-05-2023 at 03:25 PM..
+9   

1 month ago '15        #10
Hellmatic 
Props total: 73276 73 K  Slaps total: 6484 6 K
I bet some of this is from carrying them heavy a*s backpacks in school since young. Better to carry books in a small duffel bag

And most people got terrible seating habits
+8   

1 month ago '13        #11
throwbacksample 
Props total: 2440 2 K  Slaps total: 468 468
Its from sitting too long and having weak core and glutes.
+7   

1 month ago '05        #12
champ215 
Props total: 3863 3 K  Slaps total: 440 440
Your trainer doesnt know. This area is better for a therapist. You need to focus on strengthening your glutes. Hip flexors are tight because they have to take over because of a dormant glute muscles. If you strengthen the glutes and core that will help tremendously. Pm me if you need exercises.
+4   

1 month ago '06        #13
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 41286 41 K  Slaps total: 2802 2 K
Following
and
would be good for the majority of you all.

Below are the follow along videos.

Molding Mobility Warmup Exercises

Molding Mobility Joint Mobility

Starting Stretching

+6   

1 month ago '19        #14
Thisizdray 
Props total: 14030 14 K  Slaps total: 2289 2 K
Lots of good info in this post thanks. Even I learned something new about my hip flexors being related to my back pain. Going to add those hip flexor stretches to my yoga routine.

When I bulk I always notice I have abs on belly, and just though I gained to much but now it makes sense that my stomach maybe protruding too much
+1   

1 month ago '06        #15
droid3000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 100299 100 K  Slaps total: 12114 12 K
I'm pretty sure I have it. Ive been stretching for a while, doesn't seem like it's changed much but I still do the stretches anyway
+1   

1 month ago '18        #16
dinono10  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4248 4 K  Slaps total: 154 154
Got APT, tried to fix it over the years but I'm just not consistent enough to be honest. Fed up with lower back pain. Sleeping on my stomach doesn't help either but it is, what it is.

I try to strech my hip flexor regularly but that's about it.

1 month ago '22        #17
God Bless You 
Props total: 13865 13 K  Slaps total: 11883 11 K
That’s for y’all butt and gut dudes on here allergic to exercise
+2   

1 month ago '18        #18
2 good easy exercises to do daily.

+9   

1 month ago '06        #19
Kundalini  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11586 11 K  Slaps total: 1467 1 K
I need to work on this. Desk job 30-50% of the day.
+5   

1 month ago '13        #20
I watched vids all night and today, starting with this one today. 20 mins of stretching.

im reading YT comments reading that its helped people, and some folks tracked how they felt daily ....

so we will see.

1 month ago '04        #21
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 57712 57 K  Slaps total: 11432 11 K
Major props man I absolutely need this. Desk job all day so I'm sitting pretty much the whole time. Just bought a standing desk to help. But have really been struggling with lower back pain, especially on my right side. But it doesn't shoot into my legs so I don't think it's sciatica.

Saved and will definitely incorporate this into a daily routine.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #22
 uoeno said
I watched vids all night and today, starting with this one today. 20 mins of stretching.

im reading YT comments reading that its helped people, and some folks tracked how they felt daily ....

so we will see.

Meant to prop my G. I'll watch this tomorrow and maybe follow it as well.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #23
The Peacemaker 
Props total: 28231 28 K  Slaps total: 12638 12 K
 dinono10 said
2 good easy exercises to do daily.

Good advice. I hold a sumo squat which is also called a resting squat for 2 minutes everyday as well as a backbend for 1 minute
+1   

1 month ago '04        #24
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 108894 108 K  Slaps total: 7545 7 K
 droid3000 said
I'm pretty sure I have it. Ive been stretching for a while, doesn't seem like it's changed much but I still do the stretches anyway

U gotta do that exercise where you lay flat on ur back, bend urs knees with ur feet flat against the floor and FLATEN your back against the floor. hold that for seconds, reset and do it again. It helps to develop the muscles in there to straighen

Then FLATTEN your back, lift one leg at a time and extend your leg out and bring it back to your belly. repeat with the other leg

Thank me later

THESE two are very essential in helping yall fix yall back. My son had this issue when he was very young but since his bones weren't fixed in yet, he was able to fix it in a few weeks. adults can take months but u can get it completely straight with repetition

Last edited by Dash; 02-05-2023 at 06:19 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '18        #25
Passport  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5829 5 K  Slaps total: 1549 1 K
Do more barbell hip thrusts everyone

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
This is a 7th grade 13u* AAU basketball team
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Knights RNR ex Yeezy employee got a new sneaker company
49 comments
18 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+24online now  14
Mar 18 - San Fran. shows support for $5M reparation payments for eligible Blac..
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+47online now  14
Mar 18 - Donald Trump, 03-17-23: “Protest! Take our nation back!”
254 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy