Got 26 teeth extracted for immediate dentures, ask away

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

2 months ago '06        #1
11024 page views
205 comments

~SHYNE~  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5759 5 K  Slaps total: 897 897
Got 26 teeth extracted for immediate dentures, ask away

Quick background,I am turning 50 this summer and have had periodontal disease for the last 12 years at least.My old dentist was able to give me more time when I started going every 3 months for cleanings and water picking at home for about the last 8 years.

Eventually the past few years have been painful and there is no getting back to full teeth health or or getting any better when it comes to PD.My teeth were still decent looking but my gums were infected and not getting better.

I decided to get extractions and immediate dentures.I had 26 teeth extracted 8AM on 1/27.
Plan is for two posts on the bottom to be installed in 4 months,then permanent snap in dentures 4 months later.I may get tbe top done next year but for now ,pallette suction does the job.

I am blessed to be able to afford this through insurance, and just as blessed I can take off work for 12 days to recover.

I am currently on day five, and wanted to make a thread if any BXers are on the fence about going to partial or full dentures.I did not go with a partial as they (Aspen Dental) could not guarantee it would last more than 5 years.So figured might as well pull them all now.I love my new smile, teared up a bit when they passed me the mirror after the wotk was done.This journey is not a quick fix, it takes time.You can go the "All on 4 in one day" route, but that has its pitfalls down the road, whereas the eight months to a year side does not.I also had a bone graft in the lower front jaw.My follow up on the 4th day went well, healing very fast and well.I am scheduled for soft reline on the 13th, and I cannot wait for that day.

So while I have downtime, ask me any questions you may have as dental issues isnt something discussed often, but SO important when it comes to blood and heart health.Maybe I can help someone who is trying to decide or in fear of the procedure.I will be fully honest im my answers.

Edit: I will not entertain any trolls, you will be added to ignore.What magic concoction worked for you or someone else, great! I chose my path, dont be fu*king d*ckhead.This is for others that may be suffering and looking at this path.

Last edited by ~SHYNE~; 01-31-2023 at 10:37 PM..
+153   

best
worst
205 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
dacoolestg 
Props total: 25931 25 K  Slaps total: 3194 3 K
how you feelin off the percs lol
+50   

2 months ago '04        #3
waggdagod 
Props total: 47 47  Slaps total: 4 4
How’s the pain? I hate the dentist because of potential pain.
+17   

2 months ago '18        #4
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22005 22 K  Slaps total: 3985 3 K
How long the doc say no oral s*x for heh

Have a speedy recovery
+11   

2 months ago '06        #5
~SHYNE~  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 dacoolestg said
how you feelin off the percs lol
No percs were prescribed, only Tylenol 3 w/ codiene and 800mg Ibuprofen. I stayed on my pain med schedule from jump, slept like a baby first night with my dentures in.I stopped taking the Ibuprofen and Ty3 after day two.
+28   

2 months ago '06        #6
 waggdagod said
Has been great really,.no pain, some people have their worst days on day three and four.I did not, I icepacked day one, stayed on the Ibuprofen and Ty3 schedule and it was golden

The ONLY pain had during the last five days was the needles to pull the teeth..Seriously.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #7
Mperfection 
Props total: 20774 20 K  Slaps total: 2104 2 K
 ~SHYNE~ said
No percs were prescribed, only Tylenol 3 w/ codiene and 800mg Ibuprofen. I stayed on my pain med schedule from jump, slept like a baby first night with my dentures in.I stopped taking the Ibuprofen and Ty3 after day two.
Yea, I noticed they aren't prescribing those high level pain meds any more. Had to get a wisdom tooth extracted and a crown for a cracked front tooth. That experience made me not care about getting a shot in the gums to deal with the major pain of constant tooth pain.

Salute to you and Godspeed on the recovery. Worst I've had was four teeth extracted in order to make room for my braces when I was a teen. sh*t felt like my entire head was swollen at times.
+9   

2 months ago '06        #8
 BlackjesuS said
How long the doc say no oral s*x for heh

Have a speedy recovery
At least two weeks , you definitely want to keep it laid back and heart rate down while recovering.My girl understands as we discussed my limitations after surgery weeks ago.

Thank you sir!
+15   

2 months ago '16        #9
@MR SMOOTH$ 
Props total: 18080 18 K  Slaps total: 1816 1 K
Whats the restriction on the stuff you can eat now
+3   

2 months ago '18        #10
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 41858 41 K  Slaps total: 3876 3 K
1. are all metal teeth possible.
2. how come the scientist haven’t figured out how to regenerate teeth like sharks for humans.
+19   

2 months ago '06        #11
 Mperfection said
Yea, I noticed they aren't prescribing those high level pain meds any more. Had to get a wisdom tooth extracted and a crown for a cracked front tooth. That experience made me not care about getting a shot in the gums to deal with the major pain of constant tooth pain.

Salute to you and Godspeed on the recovery. Worst I've had was four teeth extracted in order to make room for my braces when I was a teen. sh*t felt like my entire head was swollen at times.
Yep, the opiod epidemic make dentist extremely reluctant to give oxy or percs.

I expected pain after the 5 hours it took to regain feeling in tongue and jaw, but I was good.

Yes tooth pain is some of the worst.I look forward to not dealing with it anymore and living a healthier life.
+8   

2 months ago '18        #12
dacoolestg 
Props total: 25931 25 K  Slaps total: 3194 3 K
 ~SHYNE~ said
ahhh man you stronger than me i forced the drs to give me 5s when i got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. wish you a speedy recovery. congratulations on the new set of jibbs
+11   

2 months ago '20        #13
MrBigBalls 
Props total: 386 386  Slaps total: 31 31
What caused this, bad oral health?
+9   

2 months ago '17        #14
Mperfection 
Props total: 20774 20 K  Slaps total: 2104 2 K
 Mr Tibbs said
2. how come the scientist haven’t figured out how to regenerate teeth like sharks for humans.
Hmm that's an interesting question..have you heard about the age regenerative work they've been doing in trials? That sh*t is crazy and I wonder if it could be applied here to rejuvenate and restart tooth growth. That said, the cycle of baby to adult teeth might not be something can experience twice, but who knows.
+3   

2 months ago '13        #15
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 51270 51 K  Slaps total: 9400 9 K
 waggdagod said
start brushing your teeth and you wont have this issue
+6   

2 months ago '06        #16
 @MR SMOOTH$ said
Whats the restriction on the stuff you can eat now
All I have eaten if you will, is Ensure Max Protein, Jello cups, ice cream, Choibani Yogurt drinks and applesauce.

You cant really chew anything until soft reline.My dentist told me I will hate these for the first two weeks.Part of the process.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #17
 Mr Tibbs said
I think all metal there is a high chance a person may reject them.Your body is f*ghting with simple plastic pieces that it doesnt want, its considered foreign.

I am not a scientist so cant answer #2.
+4   

2 months ago '06        #18
 PaperBoy said
start brushing your teeth and you wont have this issue
Thats not totally true.If you want to keep your teeth, you need to brush/floss AND visit the dentist twice a year for cleanings.The cleanings are the most imperative in teeth health as they will keep.your gums heallthy.Once the gums are trashed, its a wrap.
+16   

2 months ago '08        #19
Chicken_N_I-Roc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12052 12 K  Slaps total: 901 901
 MrBigBalls said
This.
+6   

2 months ago '06        #20
 MrBigBalls said
Not getting regularly scheduled cleanings and not flossing.Some folks have hereditary teeth issues.I did not, just hated the metal and scraping of dentist visits and I didnt floss properly.

So either you go and get your cleanings, (invest in a water pik for excellent flossing) or lose your teeth.Message to you younger folks.
+39   

2 months ago '12        #21
Soul Speak 
Props total: 5467 5 K  Slaps total: 362 362
GOD bless you, Sir! I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Saying a prayer to solidify my words. Thank you for sharing and caring.
+10   

2 months ago '04        #22
barrebeast 
Props total: 1384 1 K  Slaps total: 316 316
Will your gums be able to heal now or is there a chance they might not go back to normal?
+2   

2 months ago '12        #23
TheConnect  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 21262 21 K  Slaps total: 2073 2 K
 ~SHYNE~ said
Can you post any before and after pics, only if you're comfortable doing so.

Congrats BTW, glad you dont have to deal with that pain anymore
+7   

2 months ago '04        #24
#RAPTORSWON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11280 11 K  Slaps total: 4198 4 K
I had periodontal issues as a teen cuz my parents never taught me good oral health habits.

I was able to maintain but over the last few months i lost a lot of bone in one of my back molars and im probably going to have it removed. Hoping to salvage the rest of my teeth though.

Hope it goes well for you dude.
+10   

2 months ago '07        #25
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x151
Props total: 313358 313 K  Slaps total: 27515 27 K
Damn bro you 50? @

That’s dope because, I thought I was one of the oldest BX OG’s on here and I just turned 40 two weeks ago.

But never mind that on getting your TEEF taken care of and spreading the knowledge about how it went it fa’ sho’!
+25   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+31online now  20
I thought the time travel stuff in DP2 was stupid, until you realize oh sh-t. ..
27 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Mar 23 - US Fears a War-Weary World May Embrace China’s Ukraine Peace Bid
145 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+41online now  9
Husband vs 3 Home Invaders (Protecting his wife)
159 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Mar 23 - 6 construction works k*lled after car crashes into work zone in Maryl..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy