online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Scientists Find Way of Using WiFi to Monitor People Through Walls

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 year ago '16        #1
4249 page views
47 comments

silas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9720 9 K  Slaps total: 1459 1 K
icon Scientists Find Way of Using WiFi to Monitor People Through Walls

Researchers working out of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pennsylvania (USA) have demonstrated a new way of using Machine Learning / AI and a deep neural network to map the position of human bodies, including through walls, by analysing the phase and amplitude of WiFi (wireless network) signals.

The model they developed only requires two wireless routers, each with 3 antennas, in order to work via the regular 2.4GHz band. But you’d need to place these at opposite sides of your target and have full control over both of the units in order to gather the data. The weakness of WiFi signals also limits the range and accuracy is still an issue.
 https://www.ispreview.co. .. ugh-walls.html
+9   

icon
best
icon
worst
47 comments

1 year ago '11        #2
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 90621 90 K  Slaps total: 60133 60 K
emoji
its acutally funny they releasing knowledge of all this tech they been using to spy on the public for years. and ain't no telling what new sh1t they got. ChatGPT, Deep Fake now this they have been using this sh1t since forever. by the way fu#k weed
+42   

1 year ago '16        #3
silas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 awww said 🔗
emoji
its acutally funny they releasing knowledge of all this tech they been using to spy on the public for years. and ain't no telling what new sh1t they got. ChatGPT, Deep Fake now this they have been using this sh1t since forever. by the way fu#k weed
emoji
Your right, ..

I remember bak in the day this article came out on how to hack wifi from a reputable site
emoji
I stole my neighbors wifi password and they sh1t was fast af but my computer was basically under their control once I logged in
emoji

Last edited by silas; 01-28-2023 at 04:02 AM..
+18   

1 year ago '18        #4
Raymon 
Props total: 3982 3 K  Slaps total: 229 229
 awww said 🔗
emoji

I read about this at least 15 years ago so this is old AF, maybe gotten more advanced with the inclusion or A.I but you righ.
+5   

1 year ago '16        #5
TrillSp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35574 35 K  Slaps total: 3031 3 K
*feds
+1   

1 year ago '12        #6
daman729 
Props total: 159063 159 K  Slaps total: 6327 6 K
They been using sh1t like this for years. One of homeboys works in cyber security. And folks would be surprised at the tools(software and hardware) people can use to monitor you and collect your info.
+9   

1 year ago '15        #7
Oneiroii 
Props total: 249 249  Slaps total: 20 20
I honestly agree with all of you guys. My brother being retired Navy tech too he long since knew about the other tech we had, slowly, and I just look at these new news reports like "Yeah been I knew that was possible/done since"
+4   

1 year ago '15        #8
Oneiroii 
Props total: 249 249  Slaps total: 20 20
sidenote:

btw guys.....lol do you know about the old cable box/linksys wire trick.

lmao free internet

Nevermind just bringing it up I shouldn't explain
emoji
+2   

1 year ago '21        #9
Losantana16x4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 14434 14 K  Slaps total: 1826 1 K
 silas said 🔗
emoji
Your right, from a technical standpoint if you running wifi on 2.4ghz they need to be watching you

I remember bak in the day this article came out on how to hack wifi from a reputable site
emoji
I stole my neighbors wifi password and they sh1t was fast af but my computer was basically under their control once I logged in
emoji
I'm definitely not a tech guy but I learn quickly.

What made you say this "if you running wifi on 2.4ghz they need to be watching you"
+1   

1 year ago '09        #10
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106
Props total: 307456 307 K  Slaps total: 33477 33 K
 awww said 🔗
emoji

emoji
weed didnt cause this
+5   

1 year ago '16        #11
 Losantana16x4 said 🔗

What made you say this "if you running wifi on 2.4ghz they need to be watching you"
editt

Last edited by silas; 01-27-2023 at 08:27 PM..
+1   

1 year ago '16        #12
 Losantana16x4 said 🔗

I'm buggin, its been a long day.. Im confusing 2.4ghz with WEP
emoji
+1   

1 year ago '23        #13
Nano 
Props total: 4865 4 K  Slaps total: 1453 1 K
emoji

1 year ago '16        #14
 Losantana16x4 said 🔗

Not sure what I was thinking but In the back of my head I was trying to make the point not to separate your networks

↪🔗

as far as Apple goes.

1 year ago '04        #15
orv 
Props total: 14841 14 K  Slaps total: 1931 1 K
Not new. This has been known for almost 10 years.

1 year ago '19        #16
Megaman 
Props total: 12658 12 K  Slaps total: 11142 11 K
 awww said 🔗
emoji
beamforming been around for over 20 years.

those old Linksys WRT54G routers can be hacked with a new firmware that is administrated by the gov, who can then use it to beamform and track your every movement in the range of the router. this was 13 years ago. now all the consumer grade routers have beamforming as a built in feature.

+3   

1 year ago '17        #17
BLACK FIST 
Props total: 76681 76 K  Slaps total: 14693 14 K
 Blafy said 🔗
↪🔗

1 year ago '21        #18
HesOnFire 
Props total: 12731 12 K  Slaps total: 638 638
bruh its no rest for us in this world the bible playing out in front of our eyes! on most of this stuff i cant wait for the new earth my moms husband passed away today i wonder where his spirit went and if he has peace on the other side since his ghost left his shell ...... I know alot of yall on here dont believe in the devil or God but its plain as day to me that the devil is the prince of this world you gotta look thru alot of things with spiritual eyes! the enemy controls this spiritual plain
+7   

1 year ago '16        #19
SteveO504 
Props total: 4081 4 K  Slaps total: 557 557
 silas said 🔗
emoji
Your right, from a technical standpoint if you running wifi on 2.4ghz they need to be watching you

emoji
emoji
How are you under there control once on there network?

1 year ago '22        #20
ITookTheRedPill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 19910 19 K  Slaps total: 14696 14 K
 Blafy said 🔗
↪🔗
emoji

1 year ago '21        #21
Keithf87 
Props total: 35219 35 K  Slaps total: 1669 1 K
 SteveO504 said 🔗
How are you under there control once on there network?
Once you connect to someone's network they can see your network traffic. i.e. websites visited. That's why its not wise to connect to unprotected networks because you don't know who owns it.
+5   

1 year ago '04        #22
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 116611 116 K  Slaps total: 13289 13 K
 Oneiroii said 🔗
I honestly agree with all of you guys. My brother being retired Navy tech too he long since knew about the other tech we had, slowly, and I just look at these new news reports like "Yeah been I knew that was possible/done since"
emoji
what was your brohter's rate?

I got out the Navy in 2016 after 8 yrs of being Aviation Weapons Tech. Once I got trained on how use actually laser guns & sound/heatwaves blast machines as deterrence

I was oh sh1t, we are in the 21st century sh1ts real & just takes 2 AA batteries, folds up into carrying cases. Im talking about the laser gun we have my n1ggas, we use to blind unwanted threats ppl approaching the ship, but if you leave it does produce heat if you leave it lingering on something.

Like i said this this 2014, sh1ts old tech now
emoji
but can be brand new to the public

Last edited by Mike T; 01-28-2023 at 02:07 AM..
+2   

1 year ago '11        #23
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 90621 90 K  Slaps total: 60133 60 K
 Keithf87 said 🔗
Once you connect to someone's network they can see your network traffic. i.e. websites visited. That's why its not wise to connect to unprotected networks because you don't know who owns it.
Not if you have a vpn

1 year ago '21        #24
Keithf87 
Props total: 35219 35 K  Slaps total: 1669 1 K
 awww said 🔗
Not if you have a vpn
Correct.
+1   

1 year ago '15        #25
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 16057 16 K  Slaps total: 910 910
So detective vision from the Arkham games is legit?
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5118
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4112
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3312
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career