Ed Reed Said He Turned Down The Jackson State HC Job For Bethune-Cookman

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
33 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+63  82
107 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 week ago '04        #1
1045 page views
41 comments

Kadroan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 58415 58 K  Slaps total: 6691 6 K
Ed Reed Said He Turned Down The Jackson State HC Job For Bethune-Cookman

;s=19
+3   

best
worst
41 comments

1 week ago '09        #2
dadon85 
Props total: 63071 63 K  Slaps total: 6058 6 K
Terrible decision.
+3   

1 week ago '20        #3
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 82401 82 K  Slaps total: 26337 26 K
Ed Reed really doesn't have the demeanor to be a head coach...dudes temper is ridiculous and he has a very hard time keeping his emotions in check....Ed Reed would beat a player a*s eventually....Ed Reeds a loose cannon man
+17   

1 week ago '22        #4
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21135 21 K  Slaps total: 1431 1 K
If Ed really wants to coach, there's plenty of power 5 schools I think that would be interested in having him on the staff as a CB coach, analyst, etc... But is he simply interested in being a head coach or what? Because that's the vibe I get. I've never got the feeling before all of this that he was interested in coaching and/or recruiting
+4   

1 week ago '22        #5
stillNAMELESS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 9162 9 K  Slaps total: 4079 4 K
Ed you down bad out here. Not sure if he’s fit to be a HC
+8   

1 week ago '11        #6
The Bearded One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18565 18 K  Slaps total: 1768 1 K
all of this press is hurting his chances of being a HC down the line
+17   

1 week ago '22        #7
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 98640 98 K  Slaps total: 62442 62 K

1 week ago '04        #8
Tic Toc 
Props total: 16038 16 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
 SeanDon122 said
If Ed really wants to coach, there's plenty of power 5 schools I think that would be interested in having him on the staff as a CB coach, analyst, etc... But is he simply interested in being a head coach or what? Because that's the vibe I get. I've never got the feeling before all of this that he was interested in coaching and/or recruiting
From my understanding he was doing some coaching at the U

1 week ago '22        #9
CMFRT FRM GHSTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3438 3 K  Slaps total: 487 487
Ed need to fall back for a while. He’s trying to compete against Deion low key.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #10
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 127086 127 K  Slaps total: 16386 16 K
 Tweezy12 said
Ed Reed really doesn't have the demeanor to be a head coach...dudes temper is ridiculous and he has a very hard time keeping his emotions in check....Ed Reed would beat a player a*s eventually....Ed Reeds a loose cannon man
There is a place for that in the coaching world coming from a black man who is as accomplished as he is. Kids not going to embrace getting chewed out by 50 something year old white former walk-onís who have dedicated their life to coaching in college because they didnít make something out of themselves as players. Not making it a racial thing just adding context. Ed being himself with college kids actually could work because you canít say he never took his own advice and did something with it as a player. And once he can get a track record that he can actually get some kids to the league that allows him to pass along his wisdoms as a player but also as a coach. 99.999% of these college coaches are passing along wisdom as a coach, what they did as players holds little value cause theyíll tell you youíre more talented than they were so you SHOULD go farther.
+3   

1 week ago '22        #11
 Tic Toc said
From my understanding he was doing some coaching at the U
It's weird.. It wasn't an actual coaching spot he was slotted into, but like an advisor over many different things
+2   

1 week ago '16        #12
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 91148 91 K  Slaps total: 10944 10 K
I hope he gets a job at a white school just so I hear the silence and lack of lives from him

1 week ago '22        #13
Kingtrips2 
Props total: 3796 3 K  Slaps total: 488 488
Son gotta have better self control…
+5   

1 week ago '16        #14
 SeanDon122 said
He doesn’t have the X’s and O’s to actually be a position coach because 95% of his success and greatness as a player came from doing things his own way at the position with instincts and talent you can’t coach into anybody.

In a lot of ways the only coaching role he can really have is as a HC who operates as a CEO over the team/staff. His role at Miami was something like that. But in terms of coaching at Bethune he’d basically walk around passing along wisdoms, making sure people giving 100%, being a liaison between players & coaches, and being a leader of men, etc. That could work if he does what he needs to do in terms of bringing in the talent and having competent coaches under him.
+2   

1 week ago '22        #15
 MHP Trotty said
He doesnít have the Xís and Oís to actually be a position coach because 95% of his success and greatness as a player came from doing things his own way at the position with instincts and talent you canít coach into anybody.

In a lot of ways the only coaching role he can really have is as a HC who operates as a CEO over the team/staff. His role at Miami was something like that. But in terms of coaching at Bethune heíd basically walk around passing along wisdoms, making sure people giving 100%, being a liaison between players & coaches, and being a leader of men, etc. That could work if he does what he needs to do in terms of bringing in the talent and having competent coaches under him.
The thing about that is, alot of times when you see CEO types in college, it's usually because they've already built up their scheme/identity of football they'd like to play so getting elite a*sistants to put your plans into action is easy because you already built those relationships and whatnot. But does SWAC, Ohio Valley, etc schools have the money he'd need to get those minds that he requires to surround him?

1 week ago '16        #16
 SeanDon122 said
It's weird.. It wasn't an actual coaching spot he was slotted into, but like an advisor over many different things
CEO type role, except he doesnít have any executive power to make final decisions but heís trusted enough to be given the opportunity to provide his input of what he sees/thinks to be included in the process of reaching a final decision.

A HC role would just give him the executive power.

1 week ago '16        #17
 SeanDon122 said
The thing about that is, alot of times when you see CEO types in college, it's usually because they've already built up their scheme/identity of football they'd like to play so getting elite a*sistants to put your plans into action is easy because you already built those relationships and whatnot. But does SWAC, Ohio Valley, etc schools have the money he'd need to get those minds that he requires to surround him?
Thatís a great question.

I donít even know if he even got deep enough into this process to have them plans get into motion. I didnít really hear about who would be on his staff or anything once it was announced he was going to get the job.

As opposed to Deion he already had his staff mapped out with certain guys he wanted, it was just getting the money right to make it a formality. To the point names like Taggart & Zimmer were mentioned as being on the staff didnít materialize but the media prolly jumped the gun in terms of their actual roles and who knows they might end up in an analyst type role by spring.
+1   

1 week ago '22        #18
 MHP Trotty said
Thatís a great question.

I donít even know if he even got deep enough into this process to have them plans get into motion. I didnít really hear about who would be on his staff or anything once it was announced he was going to get the job.

As opposed to Deion he already had his staff mapped out with certain guys he wanted, it was just getting the money right to make it a formality. To the point names like Taggart & Zimmer were mentioned as being on the staff didnít materialize but the media prolly jumped the gun in terms of their actual roles and who knows they might end up in an analyst type role by spring.
Yeah.. One of the underrated reasons why the SEC was able to gain dominance in the mid 00's was because schools were willing to open the checkbook for head coaches to obtain and retain high caliber a*sistant coaches. It's not as bad now in other power 5 conferences but it is still a major talking point at alot of big schools and if we know it's an issue at the FBS level then we know it is at FCS it's just we don't know what schools for sure

1 week ago '20        #19
 MHP Trotty said
There is a place for that in the coaching world coming from a black man who is as accomplished as he is. Kids not going to embrace getting chewed out by 50 something year old white former walk-onís who have dedicated their life to coaching in college because they didnít make something out of themselves as players. Not making it a racial thing just adding context. Ed being himself with college kids actually could work because you canít say he never took his own advice and did something with it as a player. And once he can get a track record that he can actually get some kids to the league that allows him to pass along his wisdoms as a player but also as a coach. 99.999% of these college coaches are passing along wisdom as a coach, what they did as players holds little value cause theyíll tell you youíre more talented than they were so you SHOULD go farther.
I'm not disputing that....my thing is with 18 to 22 year old kids there's going to be times they respond negatively to the fiery aggression that's absolutely coming from Ed Reed and my question would be how will Ed Reed respond when a kid gets back in his face and says fu*k YOU COACH....and every indication I ever got from Ed Reed is, he's going to put that n*gga on his a*s and eventually that's going to lead to problems....Ed Reed would be Bobby Knight....and that Bobby Knight sh*t ain't working in 2023....
I'd love to see him get a job if he desires one, but man Ed is different bro, Ed don't give zero fu*ks
+1   

1 week ago '13        #20
FlareMafia 
Props total: 18489 18 K  Slaps total: 1621 1 K
 Kingtrips2 said
Son gotta have better self controlÖ
What he do for you to say that ?

1 week ago '10        #21
jmheight1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 37202 37 K  Slaps total: 5541 5 K
Man to the side of him is tired of his a*s.

1 week ago '10        #22
jmheight1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 37202 37 K  Slaps total: 5541 5 K
 FlareMafia said
Did you click the video? Even homie to the side is trying to get him to chill out

1 week ago '20        #23
 FlareMafia said
Well a perfect example in this situation is, he showed up to BC and immediately starting bashing the school and it's administration who are also his bosses....he showed up tearing down the university and he did it on social media...that's not how you go about changing things by getting emotional when you see the state of the university and just go viral bashing it and the administration by saying there is mmisappropriation of funds because that automatically makes the donors who are giving these funds fall back....Ed Reed went about that sh*t all wrong from the very beginning.....

So when you have these prominent athletes who are given a lot of attention, who have millions of social media followers, downing these institutions, claiming these institutions are institutional failures...it hurts fundraising, it hurts recruiting, and it damages the reputation of the school..."

So exactly what good does hurting the school you are hired to coaches image help?....he needed to get the job and go to work on approaching the right people about doing better...but you can't get there and immediately jump online destroying your new employer and think that's going to help anything..

I absolutely love Ed Reed....greatest safety I ever saw...a great man as well from all indications....but ..he fumbled this
+6   

1 week ago '13        #24
FlareMafia 
Props total: 18489 18 K  Slaps total: 1621 1 K
 jmheight1 said
Did you click the video? Even homie to the side is trying to get him to chill out
sh*t look like a skit if Iím being honest
+2   

1 week ago '22        #25
Kingtrips2 
Props total: 3796 3 K  Slaps total: 488 488
 FlareMafia said
He ran to the internet yelling at his phone in real life relationships people arenít tolerant of this behavior (itís wack100),, and it makes no difference if what he said was right or wrong because he handled this entire situation poorly (but too many people have become entertained by people yelling at their phones, being overly emotional, aggressive, revealing intimate information about friends bf/gf business partners) and heís not in control of his emotions in this small clip( but I havenít seen The whole interview yet)

He taught them boys a lesson, by teaching pride in community, and as men thereís certain things that may not be our job but because weíre the men in community they become our role, but he also taught them bad business, and how not to conduct themselves

My fault for this being long(pause)
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+110online now  36
Video inside Biblical Nephilim Giant Skeletal Remains found in Nevada, USA
185 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Jan 30 - Alabama Dope boy Rolando Williams labeled a Kingpin by FBI
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+20online now  18
Image(s) inside James Gunn Reveals REBOOTED DC Slate! (01/31)
187 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+30online now  7
Image(s) inside Ay Who The Older Dude In This P$C Pic Wit Tip???
72 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy