‘Godfather of Harlem’ Season 3 Trailer Shows Forest Whitaker Is Still in Charge

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+131  145
240 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1142 page views
30 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x183
Props total: 230697 230 K  Slaps total: 8513 8 K
‘Godfather of Harlem’ Season 3 Trailer Shows Forest Whitaker Is Still in Charge

"The third season of the critically acclaimed series, Godfather of Harlem, is set to premiere early next year on January 15 and Epix has released the official trailer for the new season. Amongst all the pressure and rising tensions seen in the trailer, one thing is crystal clear– Bumpy Johnson (Forest Whitaker) still rules Harlem, and he is not letting go anytime soon.

The trailer begins with Bumpy Johnson stating that his freedom is one he is not willing to give up. Bumpy, who had been in prison for ten years, returned in the freshman season to see his empire in ruins. Part of his plan to regain control is dealing heroin, however, his stash is torched, and money problems loom large; you can also add Joe Colombo (Michael Raymond-James) and the Italians to Bumpy's list of problems. Now, his dilemma puts him and his family in their crosshairs and Bumpy is not one to surrender. While this storm is brewing all around him, the CIA is closely watching his every move.

Godfather of Harlem is a thrilling mix between the civil rights movement and the criminal underworld. Featuring some of the most prominent rights leaders in US history, Godfather of Harlem is revisiting some of the most tumultuous times in the country’s history. While Bumpy is refusing to ‘bend the knee’ to the five Italian families, he is simultaneously losing control of Central Harlem. He can’t take on all of his enemies all at once – so he is forced to seek an alliance that changes the balance of power. There is tension in the air and this could very well be a suicide mission, but the one thing most people need to remember, Harlem belongs to Bumpy.

Godfather of Harlem is one of Epix’s best-performing series. The second season of the crime drama became the service’s best season of all time with the finale standing as the best-performing finale episode to date. As a testament to its success, the show took home a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Main Title Design in 2020. The series is executive produced by Chris Brancato, Paul Eckstein, Nina Yang Bongiovi, James Acheson, Markuann Smith, and Joe Chappelle, with Swizz Beatz serving as executive music producer.

The cast for the new season alongside Whitaker, who also executive produces, and Raymond-James includes Vincent D’Onofrio, Ilfenesh Hadera, Lucy Fry, Whoopi Goldberg, Antoinette Crowe-Legacy, and Giancarlo Esposito. Additional new cast members include Jason Alan Carvell replacing Nigél Thatch as Malcolm X.

The third season of Godfather of Harlem premieres on January 15 on EPIX. Watch the trailer below:

visit this link https://collider.com/godf .. rest-whitaker/
+5   

best
worst
30 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
servesurite 
Props total: 7743 7 K  Slaps total: 780 780
man i love this show, about a month to go.

Im salty they recast malcolm x

and the italian grand papi passed away

day 1
+13   

2 months ago '04        #3
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13693 13 K  Slaps total: 1577 1 K
Is that a new Malcom actor?? The last one was so dope
+11   

2 months ago '04        #4
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 79096 79 K  Slaps total: 5311 5 K
Yea this show is dope
+1   

2 months ago '15        #5
Whatchumean 
Props total: 6009 6 K  Slaps total: 1428 1 K
 servesurite said
man i love this show, about a month to go.

Im salty they recast malcolm x

and the italian grand papi passed away

day 1

THEY RECAST WHO?!
+3   

2 months ago '19        #6
dmboat990 
Props total: 8221 8 K  Slaps total: 649 649
Bumpy had a lot of Power his grandson need to come out with that documentary

2 months ago '13        #7
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 32012 32 K  Slaps total: 10393 10 K
Recasting Malcolm not right man
+10   

2 months ago '07        #8
Deniro732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23128 23 K  Slaps total: 4517 4 K
 Hayek said
Yeah the actor was goat. I wonder what happened.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #9
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 76578 76 K  Slaps total: 4143 4 K
Ohhh

2 months ago '04        #10
tnice 
Props total: 30275 30 K  Slaps total: 1047 1 K
new BMF ,Snowfall Final Season and Bumpy Johnson can't wait

Last edited by tnice; 12-09-2022 at 11:42 AM..
+7   

2 months ago '04        #11
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 107363 107 K  Slaps total: 7474 7 K
Bump wife so bad in this shyt

but mannnnn, recasting Malcolm? They dun fukked it all up. Bro was definitely a highlight of this show, a major one.

Bruh, before this role, his last one was calling diamond a lil strip hoe in players club.

This was definitely finna be a major season in his life, possibly his last anyway
+6   

3 weeks ago '04        #12
336db336boy336 
Props total: 1786 1 K  Slaps total: 341 341
Bumpy back 2 lock harlem down

3 weeks ago '07        #13
Rico23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 70093 70 K  Slaps total: 7507 7 K
 Hayek said

+6   

3 weeks ago '20        #14
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58738 58 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
 Rico23 said

The old Malcom sounds just like Malcom irl. That sh*t pissed me off when he walks in on Betty Shabazz watching one of his speeches bc it highlights how much he doesn’t sound like him
+2   

3 weeks ago '09        #15
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 61104 61 K  Slaps total: 16753 16 K
Did it switch networks? If so, where are the s1 and s2 episodes found?

3 weeks ago '20        #16
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58738 58 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
 That Guy Fly said
Did it switch networks? If so, where are the s1 and s2 episodes found?
It’s on the mgm app now. I think they merged with epix

Season 1 and 2 are on Hulu. sh*t is annoying
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #17
YAYO101 
Props total: 49239 49 K  Slaps total: 2703 2 K
I'm a*suming Nigel Thatch landed a huge Role on another project and couldn't return as Malcolm

The Recast is really good so far though

as annoying as Stella is damn her own Mother tried to get her outta here WTF?

Last edited by YAYO101; 01-17-2023 at 12:55 AM..
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #18
Dash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 107363 107 K  Slaps total: 7474 7 K
ayyyyy it's back on???

Open up my windooow againnnn Open up my windoooow againnnn

+3   

3 weeks ago '06        #19
servesurite 
 Dash said
ayyyyy it's back on???

Open up my windooow againnnn Open up my windoooow againnnn

yea the new malcolm is aite, not holding a torch to the og tho....

even his voice is off.

but bumpy back on that gangsta sh*t after the riots burned everything.

paid his 3 mil debt a day early

Last edited by servesurite; 01-17-2023 at 08:13 AM..
+4   

3 weeks ago '06        #20
servesurite 
 TheLuminousOne said
Ohhh

+3   

3 weeks ago '06        #21
servesurite 
 Eclectic said

"The third season of the critically acclaimed series, Godfather of Harlem, is set to premiere early next year on January 15 and Epix has released the official trailer for the new season. Amongst all the pressure and rising tensions seen in the trailer, one thing is crystal clear– Bumpy Johnson (Forest Whitaker) still rules Harlem, and he is not letting go anytime soon.

The trailer begins with Bumpy Johnson stating that his freedom is one he is not willing to give up. Bumpy, who had been in prison for ten years, returned in the freshman season to see his empire in ruins. Part of his plan to regain control is dealing heroin, however, his stash is torched, and money problems loom large; you can also add Joe Colombo (Michael Raymond-James) and the Italians to Bumpy's list of problems. Now, his dilemma puts him and his family in their crosshairs and Bumpy is not one to surrender. While this storm is brewing all around him, the CIA is closely watching his every move.

Godfather of Harlem is a thrilling mix between the civil rights movement and the criminal underworld. Featuring some of the most prominent rights leaders in US history, Godfather of Harlem is revisiting some of the most tumultuous times in the country’s history. While Bumpy is refusing to ‘bend the knee’ to the five Italian families, he is simultaneously losing control of Central Harlem. He can’t take on all of his enemies all at once – so he is forced to seek an alliance that changes the balance of power. There is tension in the air and this could very well be a suicide mission, but the one thing most people need to remember, Harlem belongs to Bumpy.

Godfather of Harlem is one of Epix’s best-performing series. The second season of the crime drama became the service’s best season of all time with the finale standing as the best-performing finale episode to date. As a testament to its success, the show took home a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Main Title Design in 2020. The series is executive produced by Chris Brancato, Paul Eckstein, Nina Yang Bongiovi, James Acheson, Markuann Smith, and Joe Chappelle, with Swizz Beatz serving as executive music producer.

The cast for the new season alongside Whitaker, who also executive produces, and Raymond-James includes Vincent D’Onofrio, Ilfenesh Hadera, Lucy Fry, Whoopi Goldberg, Antoinette Crowe-Legacy, and Giancarlo Esposito. Additional new cast members include Jason Alan Carvell replacing Nigél Thatch as Malcolm X.

The third season of Godfather of Harlem premieres on January 15 on EPIX. Watch the trailer below:

+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #22
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26255 26 K  Slaps total: 2665 2 K
 POWER RAPS said
It’s on the mgm app now. I think they merged with epix

Season 1 and 2 are on Hulu. sh*t is annoying
Didn’t know first two seasons were on Hulu, will check the series out again.
+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #23
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 48856 48 K  Slaps total: 7342 7 K
 YAYO101 said
I'm a*suming Nigel Thatch landed a huge Role on another project and couldn't return as Malcolm

The Recast is really good so far though

as annoying as Stella is damn her own Mother tried to get her outta here WTF?
She's Stella's step-mother.

Stella has to be one of the most manipulating characters on the show. They showed that early in the first season with her relationship with Teddy. Even got that boy k*lled by having him come back to Harlem after Bumpy sent him away. Cozed up to Teddy's mother after getting him k*lled and made her have to leave Harlem by telling her Benny was k*lled. Played Ernie's simp a*s too many times to list until he was k*lled. Got her father locked up and probably going to start some new sh*t with the attempt on her life.

She's a straight Demon bi*ch and my favorite scene of the series so far is when her stepmother slapped her and called her out.

Going to take awhile to get used to the "new" Malcolm. I see an interview with the showrunners and while they said the hated they had to re-cast the role it was good timing. Since, the Malcolm going forward is going to be different than the one portrayed in the first 2 seasons. He's left the NOI, he's going to go to Mecca, etc.

servesurite said

yea the new malcolm is aite, not holding a torch to the og tho....

even his voice is off.

but bumpy back on that gangsta sh*t after the riots burned everything.

paid his 3 mil debt a day early
Yeah. But, he put his wife in danger since she's one of the few people that knew about the money drop off. Powell is probably going to cut ties with her too. Besides her work with him she didn't really have much else going on. That's bound to cause some friction between her and Bumpy.
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #24
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 48856 48 K  Slaps total: 7342 7 K
I swear if
[spoiler - click to view]

I might had to take a break from the show. One bi*ch should not have that much power. Speaking of which, she's turning into the new Tariq from that shoe.

I guess Lucchese is replacing Costello (R.I.P Paul Sorvino) as Bumpy's go-to when dealing with the mafia guys. Going to mess Bumpy and Costello's conversations while playing chess.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #25
Quddus 
Props total: 15936 15 K  Slaps total: 3208 3 K
I just binged watch all seasons. This show is one of the goats.

Hate to see how they was so jealous of Malcolm.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  32
Video inside EMBARRASSING! ENTIRE Crowd LEAVES After RICK ROSS Hits The Stage In Hou..
230 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+85online now  17
Ja Morant crew shined a red beam at Pacers
178 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+61online now  14
Image(s) inside Jarritos x Nike SB Dunk Low
31 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  12
Feb 4 - Family found dead in Pennsylvania made a 'joint decision' to k*ll them..
101 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy