Microsoft offers Sony 10-year deal for Call of Duty on PlayStation if Activision deal goes

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+33  57
198 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '17        #1
1061 page views
30 comments

Halloween Havoc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x213
Props total: 132246 132 K  Slaps total: 30017 30 K
Microsoft offers Sony 10-year deal for Call of Duty on PlayStation if Activision deal goes

KEY POINTS
Microsoft President Brad Smith said the company offered Sony a 10-year contract to make each new release of the Call of Duty available on Sony’s PlayStation console at the same time as the Xbox.
Microsoft is hoping the move will a*suage regulators’ and its rivals’ antitrust fears over its proposed $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, the developer behind Call of Duty.
Any move to make Call of Duty unavailable to Sony’s PlayStation console would be “economically irrational,” Microsoft’s President Brad Smith said.

Microsoft
President Brad Smith said the company offered Sony a 10-year contract to make each new release of Call of Duty available on Sony’s
PlayStation console at the same time as the U.S. giant’s Xbox.

The Redmond-headquartered tech giant is hoping the move will a*suage regulators’ and its rivals’ antitrust fears over its proposed $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, the developer behind Call of Duty, a popular shooter game.

Last month, Politico reported that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is likely to file an antitrust lawsuit to block Microsoft’s takeover of Activision

In response, Smith wrote an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal on Monday defending the acquisition as “good for gamers” and criticizing any potential FTC lawsuit.

“That would be a huge mistake. It would hurt competition, consumers and thousands of game developers,” Smith said of the reported lawsuit.

Regulators in the European Union and the U.K. have opened antitrust probes into Microsoft’s proposed takeover to examine whether the deal would hurt competition. The EU is concerned Microsoft may block access to games such as Call of Duty to rivals.

Sony shares sank initially after Microsoft announced the acquisition plans in January as investors feared PlayStation would not get access to hit Activision games. But Microsoft has looked to a*suage those fears.

Any move to make Call of Duty unavailable to Sony’s PlayStation console would be “economically irrational,” Microsoft’s Smith said because a “vital” part of the game’s revenue comes from PlayStation game sales.

“Given the popularity of cross-play, it would also be disastrous to the ‘Call of Duty’ franchise and Xbox itself, alienating millions of gamers.”

“That’s why we’ve offered Sony a 10-year contract to make each new ‘Call of Duty’ release available on PlayStation the same day it comes to Xbox. We’re open to providing the same commitment to other platforms and making it legally enforceable by regulators in the U.S., U.K. and European Union.”

Still, there are questions as to whether this will be enough to calm Sony’s concerns.

“A 10-year commitment sounds significant, Sony would be indeed ‘safe’ during the lifecycle of the PlayStation 5 but could run into trouble by the time the next console generation begins,” Serkan Toto, CEO of Tokyo, Japan-based games consultancy Kantan Games, told CNBC.

“So I believe the offer will not be enough to squash Sony’s concerns, but it might calm down regulators to some extent.”

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2022 .. ystation-.html
+4   

best
worst
30 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
iswerve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21690 21 K  Slaps total: 2879 2 K
then what happens in year 11?
+1   

2 months ago '06        #3
snaxxx 
Props total: 9429 9 K  Slaps total: 1360 1 K
Microsoft gonna be the death of COD
+3   

2 months ago '13        #4
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 78386 78 K  Slaps total: 12952 12 K
 iswerve said
they pull tha plug
+1   

2 months ago '18        #5
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 52674 52 K  Slaps total: 7988 7 K
 snaxxx said
Im just gonna a*sume you condone the current situation at Activision
+5   

2 months ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 112424 112 K  Slaps total: 43494 43 K
 snaxxx said
That $70 billion ain’t never gon be recouped.

BX gonna go crazy the day Nintendo buys the Xbox division

2 months ago '04        #7
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 16504 16 K  Slaps total: 2065 2 K
 SPdaGOAT said

That wouldn't be a bad thing. I honestly believe Microsoft would just k*ll their console and market gamepass apps to each console and pc.

2 months ago '12        #8
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11267 11 K  Slaps total: 1624 1 K
 SpyDa said
That wouldn't be a bad thing. I honestly believe Microsoft would just k*ll their console and market gamepass apps to each console and pc.
I can def see this. I think they would continue to make remotes.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #9
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 52674 52 K  Slaps total: 7988 7 K
No one in here read the damn article

Goofies
+4   

2 months ago '18        #10
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 78908 78 K  Slaps total: 25988 25 K
 SPdaGOAT said

They all ready recouped it tho
+6   

2 months ago '09        #11
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25879 25 K  Slaps total: 3735 3 K
It’s one of those things that probably benefits Microsoft, gotta imagine most the sales are on PS. It also give PS a decade to make its own “Call of Duty”
+2   

2 months ago '20        #12
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33659 33 K  Slaps total: 10597 10 K
just approve this sh*t and have this 10 year deal implemented

Xbox stanleys on here gonna have to wait 10 years to possibly talk sh*t about COD becoming exclusive (even though we know it won't) and they'll be in their 50s-60s by then so their caretakers' are the only ones that are gonna have to listen to their dumbasses

2 months ago '05        #13
Krazie 
Props total: 59276 59 K  Slaps total: 10151 10 K
 GREAT1NE said
It’s one of those things that probably benefits Microsoft, gotta imagine most the sales are on PS. It also give PS a decade to make its own “Call of Duty”
We saw what happened last time they tried to make a FPS k*ller

+5   

2 months ago '09        #14
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25879 25 K  Slaps total: 3735 3 K
 Krazie said
We saw what happened last time they tried to make a FPS k*ller

But that was before Call of Duty may become an XBOX exclusive, more incentive
+1   

2 months ago '05        #15
Krazie 
Props total: 59276 59 K  Slaps total: 10151 10 K
Non-gamers mad as hell
+3   

2 months ago '14        #16
ADthe3rd 
Props total: 4233 4 K  Slaps total: 399 399
All could be simple: Allow Gamepass on Playstation.

Everybody wins.
+8   

2 months ago '11        #17
megalomaniacal 
Props total: 18311 18 K  Slaps total: 2544 2 K
 iswerve said
They renegotiate like any other business
+3   

2 months ago '17        #18
 Oswaldgatesjr said
They all ready recouped it tho
The Xbox division has not generated $70 Billion probably ever with all the years combined.

Microsoft non Xbox services have generated $70 billion and more but we see that’s obviously not enough, which is why game prices are raised (like I told y’all was gonna happen and look, happens RIGHT BEFORE Starfield) and gamepass prices will go up too.

I don’t understand why you guys keep arguing against me when it comes to anything. Y’all deadass always wrong

2 months ago '17        #19
 D1dnt read said
just approve this sh*t and have this 10 year deal implemented

Xbox stanleys on here gonna have to wait 10 years to possibly talk sh*t about COD becoming exclusive (even though we know it won't) and they'll be in their 50s-60s by then so their caretakers' are the only ones that are gonna have to listen to their dumbasses
Lmfao

2 months ago '18        #20
 SPdaGOAT said
The Xbox division has not generated $70 Billion probably ever with all the years combined.

Microsoft non Xbox services have generated $70 billion and more but we see that’s obviously not enough, which is why game prices are raised (like I told y’all was gonna happen and look, happens RIGHT BEFORE Starfield) and gamepass prices will go up too.

I don’t understand why you guys keep arguing against me when it comes to anything. Y’all deadass always wrong
The brand is m$ Xbox there is no separating the two. If one had the other has it. U knw Steve lends Phil that ultimate check book with no limit. The goal is to spend yall out of business, what dnt u get??

Gamepass was just step 1. In 5 to 10 years sony will regret not hopping aboard with ms for gp because no matter wat gaming is headed that way. Sony can sell tons of spidermans and it wnt help. Know why? Well its the complete opposite of what u yold me. Besides ps, sony is doing bad in every dept. Once it catches up to sony and everyone has a ps5 but no profit is being made or expanded they are done. Console gamers are the minority . Way more people play on mobile. So wirh that said welcome the m$ microsoft playstation in 2032

Ps. Thank all the haters for keeping the brand alive and well. I see more Xbox threads from ps owners who supposedly have games than anything else. Just look at the 1st page of the gaming section. Yall boys are scared shirtless terrified..because u knw the inevitable is gonna happen and it's gonna happen soon
+4   

2 months ago '17        #21
 Oswaldgatesjr said
The brand is m$ Xbox there is no separating the two. If one had the other has it. U knw Steve lends Phil that ultimate check book with no limit. The goal is to spend yall out of business, what dnt u get??

Gamepass was just step 1. In 5 to 10 years sony will regret not hopping aboard with ms for gp because no matter wat gaming is headed that way. Sony can sell tons of spidermans and it wnt help. Know why? Well its the complete opposite of what u yold me. Besides ps, sony is doing bad in every dept. Once it catches up to sony and everyone has a ps5 but no profit is being made or expanded they are done. Console gamers are the minority . Way more people play on mobile. So wirh that said welcome the m$ microsoft playstation in 2032

Ps. Thank all the haters for keeping the brand alive and well. I see more Xbox threads from ps owners who supposedly have games than anything else. Just look at the 1st page of the gaming section. Yall boys are scared shirtless terrified..because u knw the inevitable is gonna happen and it's gonna happen soon
Aint read past your first sentence bro

2 months ago '18        #22
 SPdaGOAT said
Aint read past your first sentence bro

Sure u didn't ...got one

+2   

2 months ago '17        #23
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Sure u didn't ...got one

I didn’t dude. I can’t read blatant bullsh*t like that.

I can tell truth is k*lling you right now tho

2 months ago '18        #24
 SPdaGOAT said
I didn’t dude. I can’t read blatant bullsh*t like that.

I can tell truth is k*lling you right now tho

Bruh u just told on yourself
+3   

2 months ago '17        #25
Halloween Havoc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x213 OP
Props total: 132246 132 K  Slaps total: 30017 30 K
 Juliette DaBlok said
No one in here read the damn article

Goofies
Because most people in here are IGNROANT a*s n*ggaS
Wanting sh*t handed to them
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  21
Image(s) inside AI shows what Ancient Egypt would look like if it never fell
190 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Feb 3 - Ohio man dies after being shot by cop as he cleaned out late grandmoth..
58 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  16
Feb 4 - BREAKING: Chinese balloon is expected to be shot down soon
257 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Feb 3 - 2nd Chinese surveillance balloon spotted over South America, Pentagon ..
166 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy