Eddie Murphy’s Classic Film Boomerang (1992)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '21        #1
1298 page views
33 comments

The Chosen One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 15450 15 K  Slaps total: 4895 4 K
Eddie Murphy’s Classic Film Boomerang (1992)

In 1992 Eddie Murphy’s classic film Boomerang was released. A writer from the Los Angeles Times criticized the film’s majority black cast as “a reverse world in which white people are invisible” because the black characters were professionals & not engaging in violent stereotypes.

This is one of my favorite movies of all time because of how black people were portrayed.

Everyone in the movie was educated, professional and successful and making money.

The soundtrack was great too!

visit this link https://www.what-song.com .. 3598/Boomerang

Roll Call:
FAM @The Logical One (C) @NoFatHos84 (C) @AfroBucks88 (VC) @Tha Boss (Coach) @TheLuminousOne @DavidAames @LongStroke Papi @Sick Flair @cal classick @Txheat @icemanken @MayneThaTruth2 @OnlyFactz100 @T rootz @thechef @Jarett718 (KICKER) @nyc @T-800 @BlackjesuS @Badnewz100 @hereforthotpics @justin747 @Naga Sadow @World Wide Pleb @D1nOnlyMrM@ @AC_89 @Losantana16x4 @Chiyosuke @Pakchoy @Drknockbootz @Shaze804 @Ecnarongi @NasXisLike @kaydot901 @hulk161 @JosethaHustler @jayande @Thierry Henry @Avon_Barksdale @TrueBlutEhre @blackninja @TexasPlayaMayne @Rumble @VicDutch @GUCCI C0ND0MS @Doc Goblin @MONEY WORLD @champ215 @bobbysteels18@MarcWesSports @Mista7 @Soul Speak @Blafy @AfroBucks88 @messy marv stan @Raziel @KJHARDY @AC_89 @indagame @trock34 @Machine @CupOfNoodles @Chronos @skeemz @tdub-zr0 @biggz @thehawk33 @d4deesnuts @DaOmega_1 @NBA @BXcellent @Kushedgod @skeemz @Slingy @Rawfury @Brother Bone @Wiggy wexler @DadeCounty @Vince McMahon @Jay585 @King Henry @kingjappyjoe @pac_f @WAVYASSWARREN @Honolulu Blue @Jhnnyblz427 @adizme @Chalky @RJ96 @krispy bryant @Lamel2g @Big Bear @YUNGCANIBUS @Rawfury @Holdino @kiss0fdeath @Mailman504 @Madmike @Pat08 @mobchip

Last edited by The Chosen One; 12-05-2022 at 07:07 PM..
+68   

best
worst
33 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Big Bear 
Props total: 59979 59 K  Slaps total: 11623 11 K
He didn’t like a movie where white people are invisible

+31   

2 months ago '20        #3
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 124297 124 K  Slaps total: 8908 8 K

The movie is funny and the soundtrack is great

It’s crazy how the 90s black movies are remembered about violent hood classics. The 00s are more for the couples and normal black people. Then the late 00s into the 10s with Tyler Perry Meida sh*t
+16   

2 months ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 253334 253 K  Slaps total: 22038 22 K
Great movie and great soundtrack. It's the perfect example of new Jack swing R&B.
+11   

2 months ago '05        #5
blackninja 
Props total: 31413 31 K  Slaps total: 3192 3 K
Wow! I did not now that there was that stance on the film. Now, I appreciate this film even more.

RIP John "Pops" Witherspoon
@ Thanks for including me in the Roll Call.
+9   

2 months ago '18        #6
Sick Flair 
Props total: 33454 33 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
Good sh*t op. Imagine if the LA times addressed all of the films that don't have black folks... like today in 2022. sh*t still happens. Boom was a classic and we could use some of that energy nowadays. The current class of black creatives sucks a*s. I know it's more to it than that with who's in these meetings but man we are also not bringing it. You can't deny greatness but you can turn down all this mid-sh*t getting pitched.

It stinks so good!
The movie was fu*king crazy and edgy. Movies now are too safe and unfunny.

Last edited by Sick Flair; 12-05-2022 at 09:20 PM..
+10   

2 months ago '21        #7
King Am I 
Props total: 15299 15 K  Slaps total: 5427 5 K
 Sick Flair said
Good sh*t op. Imagine if the LA times addressed all of the films that don't have black folks... like today in 2022. sh*t still happens. Boom was a classic and we could use some of that energy nowadays. The current class of black creatives sucks a*s. I know it's more to it than that with who's in these meetings but man we are also not bringing it. You can't deny greatness but you can turn down all this mid-sh*t getting pitched.

It stinks so good!
The movie was fu*king crazy and edgy. Movies now are too safe and unfunny.
What's the reason why we can't have good movies like Boomerang or other 90s classics?

Believe it or not but I've never seen any of Tyler Perry's movies and I never will.

I give him 100% props for everything he's achieved and accomplished with his life but I can't and I won't sit through a buffoonery or trash type of movie and I'm done watching slavery or trauma type of movies.

I have zero interest in watching Will Smith's new movie Emancipation.
+9   

2 months ago '16        #8
OffBreed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 55825 55 K  Slaps total: 5112 5 K
The pre-nose job Halle

Last edited by OffBreed; 12-05-2022 at 10:02 PM..
+23   

2 months ago '21        #9
AfroBucks888 
Props total: 5086 5 K  Slaps total: 87 87
God bless Eddie
+4   

2 months ago '21        #10
The Chosen One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
Props total: 15450 15 K  Slaps total: 4895 4 K
 blackninja said
Wow! I did not now that there was that stance on the film. Now, I appreciate this film even more.

White people are sick in the head.

This is from an article from Jet Magazine in November 1990 here's Mortimer Adler who was an American philosopher, educator, encyclopedist, and popular author and the director of the Encyclopćdia Britannica disrespecting black people so arrogantly.

This is how white people in academia feel about black people but Mortimer Adler spoke his racism out loud and knew he could get away with it.
+15   

2 months ago '22        #11
Aceboogie0517 
Props total: 9104 9 K  Slaps total: 1842 1 K
Bowfinger his most underrated comedy

That n*gga said Teddy Kennedy was 1/16th black

2 months ago '18        #12
Sick Flair 
Props total: 33454 33 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
 King Am I said
What's the reason why we can't have good movies like Boomerang or other 90s classics?

Believe it or not but I've never seen any of Tyler Perry's movies and I never will.

I give him 100% props for everything he's achieved and accomplished with his life but I can't and I won't sit through a buffoonery or trash type of movie and I'm done watching slavery or trauma type of movies.

I have zero interest in watching Will Smith's new movie Emancipation.
There is zero interest or belief in blacks supporting cinema. They look at us as extra. So, they have no incentive to further our culture or feed our artistic needs. Just a steady diet of bull sh*t to come.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #13
Ats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 38169 38 K  Slaps total: 3959 3 K
People not going to like me saying this but it's the Jews that greenlight the buffoonery. They control Hollywood whether BXs **** class believes it or not.
+5   

2 months ago '21        #14
King Am I 
 Ats said
People not going to like me saying this but it's the Jews that greenlight the buffoonery. They control Hollywood whether BXs **** class believes it or not.
You're speaking facts. The Jews are no friends to black people.

They don't want black people to be equal with them either.

They'll never support black people in America getting reparations.

Wesley Snipes had to wear a dress and dress up in drag to get the lead role for Blade.

Last edited by King Am I; 12-06-2022 at 08:13 AM..
+5   

2 months ago '22        #15
Jason Weaver  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12179 12 K  Slaps total: 2491 2 K
Eddie Murphy put a lot of actors on. And to think about how hard Bill Cosby went on him.

And Eddie to this day has never kicked Cosby while he was down.
+7   

2 months ago '13        #16
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86940 86 K  Slaps total: 12535 12 K
 Sick Flair said
There is zero interest or belief in blacks supporting cinema. They look at us as extra. So, they have no incentive to further our culture or feed our artistic needs. Just a steady diet of bull sh*t to come.
They know damn well blacks support cinema. Look at black panther,sh*t broke records. Kendrick and Cole always do great numbers when they drop.

They know we want substance. But they're in the business of oppression. So we get bullsh*t, then get told we get bullsh*t because we want bullsh*t.

Ima fu*k yo bi*ch
Ima k*ll this n*gga
Ima fu*k yo bi*ch
Ima k*ll this n*gga

2 months ago '05        #17
blackninja 
 The Chosen One said
White people are sick in the head.

This is from an article from Jet Magazine in November 1990 here's Mortimer Adler who was an American philosopher, educator, encyclopedist, and popular author and the director of the Encyclopćdia Britannica disrespecting black people so arrogantly.

This is how white people in academia feel about black people but Mortimer Adler spoke his racism out loud and knew he could get away with it.
I truly appreciate the history lesson. I want to dive into this as soon as I have the time to focus on instead of skimming this. I am going to double back with a thoughtful reply worthy of your effort.
+4   

2 months ago '04        #18
Zakhara 
Props total: 2259 2 K  Slaps total: 583 583
 blackninja said

It wasn't the stance. This is one article. Everyone loved Boomerang, don't fall for this bullshyt.

2 months ago '21        #19
King Am I 
 Jason Weaver said
Eddie Murphy put a lot of actors on. And to think about how hard Bill Cosby went on him.

And Eddie to this day has never kicked Cosby while he was down.
Eddie Murphy has character. He also put Wesley Snipes in Coming to America 2.
+6   

2 months ago '21        #20
King Am I 
 Zakhara said
It wasn't the stance. This is one article. Everyone loved Boomerang, don't fall for this bullshyt.

White people heavily criticized the movie and called it unrealistic.

Next time do some investigating and research.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #21
ghoti 
Props total: 6112 6 K  Slaps total: 430 430
Spoon and strangé

2 months ago '12        #22
cal classick 
Props total: 72520 72 K  Slaps total: 2173 2 K
Classic movie! One of my all time favs.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #23
Qbeautii 
Props total: 1505 1 K  Slaps total: 248 248
The soundtrack
The actors
The Jokes
The message

My mom put me on (obviously) and it’s one of our favorite movies

Movie was before it’s time and a gem
+6   

2 months ago '07        #24
KeithHernandez 
Props total: 2557 2 K  Slaps total: 163 163
Can we be honest that the love story itself was convoluted? The movie has some pretty bad pacing problems that make it tough to watch beyond just favorite parts and funny moments. Feels like it should have ended like 2 or 3 times before it actually does.

2 months ago '05        #25
blackninja 
 Zakhara said
That person's opinion was his stance, and I was not aware of that. So, it was news to me. Cheers.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+62online now  15
The three missing rappers have been found Dead
307 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  15
What's keeping you from dating a girl in the army ?
354 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Flossy and Brownlee Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - First Impressions
55 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Feb 2 - Short on Cash, More Americans Tap 401(k) Savings