Does Marvel suck or are ALL THE G.O.A.Tís wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '22        #1
559 page views
15 comments

RidleyScotch 
Props total: 217 217  Slaps total: 57 57
Does Marvel suck or are ALL THE G.O.A.Tís wrong?

So 60% of what could be argued as the top 10 directors in the history of movies have legit criticism of superhero movies and theyíre wrong? QT saying most actors arenít bigger than the character. Love Chadwick! Didnt see Marshall or 21 bridges, Heíll always be ďblack pantherĒ, even if his role in james brown or 42 was better. I think just disney/marvel alone has almost 13+ $800-$1billion movies @boxoffice disney legit probably has 40+ 1billion movies/franchise, marvel is icing on the cake but if the larger point is ďdoes children themed content have a ceiling artistically/creatively?Ē I say yes but sam is sam
+1   

best
worst
15 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
DaOmega_1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15610 15 K  Slaps total: 1571 1 K
I don't think any of these guys are saying "Marvel sucks".

I do think the "movie star" thing ain't so much a jab solely aimed at Marvel. I view it more as a dig against the movie industry in general. Hollywood these days is solely guided by IP. The actors aren't the stars, the property is. People didn't go to see any of the Jurassic World movies because of Chris Pratt. They went to see it because it's a "Jurassic" movie.

It's where we are as an industry.
+11   

2 months ago '04        #3
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47057 47 K  Slaps total: 6783 6 K
This sh*t again......??? Foh. Most of the films were great. And Tarantino is a sucker. He played himself with the star comments but still worked with Sam Jackson and Jamie Foxx who were both in multiple marvel films...fu*k that n*gga...

2 months ago '05        #4
DaOmega_1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15610 15 K  Slaps total: 1571 1 K
 marcchrome said
This sh*t again......??? Foh. Most of the films were great. And Tarantino is a sucker. He played himself with the star comments but still worked with Sam Jackson and Jamie Foxx who were both in multiple marvel films...fu*k that n*gga...
.......Foxx and Jackson were both established movie stars long before the MCU was a thing.

....which doesn't even matter anyway, since Tarantino worked with both long before they were ever involved with Marvel.

I really think y'all gotta stop taking these comments so personally.
+3   

2 months ago '14        #5
Christian238 
Props total: 11951 11 K  Slaps total: 1077 1 K
 DaOmega_1 said

I do think the "movie star" thing ain't so much a jab solely aimed at Marvel. I view it more as a dig against the movie industry in general. Hollywood these days is solely guided by IP. The actors aren't the stars, the property is. People didn't go to see any of the Jurassic World movies because of Chris Pratt. They went to see it because it's a "Jurassic" movie.

This....

That's the reason for "Outrage" over remakes that are "tinkered" with as well as the the capability to Billions for the latest garbage a*s Jurassic outings....He was essentially speaking on how the INDUSTRY DOES BUSINESS...

The power truly lies within the fans but we keep giving em money they'll keep giving us what we deserve...

2 months ago '04        #6
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47057 47 K  Slaps total: 6783 6 K
 DaOmega_1 said
.......Foxx and Jackson were both established movie stars long before the MCU was a thing.

....which doesn't even matter anyway, since Tarantino worked with both long before they were ever involved with Marvel.

Think and say what u want.... all I did was state facts.... he played him self. You don't like it too fu*kkng bad. Get over it... yall mothefu*kers love to spin bullsh*t narratives in stead of dealing with facts.... keep d*ck suckin. If u watched the whole vid.. they even quote Samuel Jackson calling out Tarantino on his bullsh*t... I guess cause you do bullsh*t movie reviews u are an expert... foh... mostnof the actors in the mcu were already stars....wtf are you saying????? As if RDJ or Christian Bale or even Idris were not stars already.... you make no sense
..seriously b. Just shut the fu*k up... you are annoying as fu*k.. fake a*s siskel and ebert corny a*s n*gga...

Last edited by marcchrome; 12-06-2022 at 04:00 AM..

2 months ago '09        #7
JustInCreadible 
Props total: 633 633  Slaps total: 231 231
 DaOmega_1 said

Most actors in those franchises were already big stars before hand but you know who wasn't? Chris fu*kin Pratt. GOTG made him a movie star.

fu*k what those old fu*kers say

Iron man gave us the great return of RDJ and one of the best portrayals of a comic book character ever. Iron man wasn't a star character and marvel at the time seemed to have little but Spiderman or so we thought. And the mcu hadn't started

Drax gave a big spotlight on Dave Botista (spelling)

Last edited by JustInCreadible; 12-06-2022 at 03:51 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '13        #8
Ethernine 
Props total: 10055 10 K  Slaps total: 2718 2 K
 DaOmega_1 said

Bro I disagree and think y’all putting to much on this sh*t…

If u really think muthafu*kas rushing out they door for a unknown name and a none good movie no…

Inhumans is my point no one cared cause we ain’t know none of them beside son from game of thrones

So it’s bullsh*t

New mutants just to name a few …so yeah people going to see the actor also

People didn’t even want dare devil back unless it was Charlie Cox so yeah

2 months ago '13        #9
Ethernine 
Props total: 10055 10 K  Slaps total: 2718 2 K
And they just got Harrison Ford for the red Hulk…

Bet they can do a red hulk solo and it make a dent… cause the actor

So I disagree ..

2 months ago '06        #10
aussie08  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14325 14 K  Slaps total: 935 935
Did you like the movies?

That’s all that matters.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #11
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 79019 79 K  Slaps total: 5311 5 K
 aussie08 said
Did you like the movies?

Thatís all that matters.
Yea as a avid comic book reader still to this day I'm loving what fiege is doing he has had a few misses but overall he has made me a true believer and he has done Stan Lee proud I am living a second childhood with these flicks, as for qt , Marty and others I say make better movies, sh*t Tom cruise came out 34 years later with a win so on a property that was pretty much dead I mean that movie was dope af WITHOUT any agenda, de aging etc.....
+1   

2 months ago '15        #12
EnigmaticPigeon 
Props total: 79398 79 K  Slaps total: 3172 3 K
Superhero movies are like fast food
+1   

2 months ago '13        #13
IamDaGawd 
Props total: 18281 18 K  Slaps total: 6146 6 K
Marvel stans constantly on the feels

2 months ago '17        #14
1Oh 
Props total: 43757 43 K  Slaps total: 1989 1 K
Everybody wanna talk sh*t, but it took those same superhero movies to bail theater chains out while the world is ravaged by viruses, war, and crippling inflation.

It wasn't Tarantino or Scorsese films making sure your local theater didn't close down.

2 months ago '22        #15
Philly Sucks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1859 1 K  Slaps total: 954 954
 marcchrome said

pu**y.

2 months ago '21        #16
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 26544 26 K  Slaps total: 7553 7 K
I HATE Superhero moves

Thereses only so many times you can do good vs evil

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Feb 3 - Ohio man dies after being shot by cop as he cleaned out late grandmoth..
58 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+42online now  17
Image(s) inside AI shows what Ancient Egypt would look like if it never fell
190 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Feb 4 - BREAKING: Chinese balloon is expected to be shot down soon
257 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  10
Feb 4 - Family found dead in Pennsylvania made a 'joint decision' to k*ll them..
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy