Namor was a better Black Adam

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '20        #1
988 page views
14 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x229
Props total: 123131 123 K  Slaps total: 25295 25 K
Namor was a better Black Adam

+1   

best
worst
14 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 86223 86 K  Slaps total: 16564 16 K
Namor is a guy who has spent the last 500 years protecting his people by any means necessary.

Black Adam only ever cared about his family and then getting revenge. He's only now deciding to be the protector of Kahndaq in memory of his son.

2 whole separate concepts and intention. They can't be each other. Definitely not giving a talking head a view. Especially if they are misunderstanding both films.
+38   

2 months ago '05        #3
DaOmega_1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15610 15 K  Slaps total: 1571 1 K
ehhhhhhh, that's a reach.
+7   

2 months ago '22        #4
FellzPointz 
Props total: 1897 1 K  Slaps total: 1137 1 K
Jesus is Lord
+1   

2 months ago '04        #5
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 78905 78 K  Slaps total: 5309 5 K
 DaOmega_1 said
ehhhhhhh, that's a reach.
Ya think?
Nandi be on point most of the time

2 months ago '18        #6
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 91727 91 K  Slaps total: 5543 5 K
Namor and k*llmonger is the comparison and I like that I haven't seen that conversation bc fu*k the comparisons. Each character stands well on their own
+5   

2 months ago '22        #7
ScottieRoc4Eva 
Props total: 39 39  Slaps total: 35 35
You’re a dumb fu*k
+1   

2 months ago '22        #8
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21392 21 K  Slaps total: 1441 1 K
An anti-hero in a film is only as fascinating as the hero is imo. And Black Adam film did a terrible job making me care about the heroes which made Black Adam's anti-hero quest dull to me which is also why I do not like anti-heros getting their own films

2 months ago '05        #9
hbk83 
Props total: 26593 26 K  Slaps total: 5513 5 K
Namor was namor
Black Adam was black Adam.
Video is dumb.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #10
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 86223 86 K  Slaps total: 16564 16 K
 SeanDon122 said
An anti-hero in a film is only as fascinating as the hero is imo. And Black Adam film did a terrible job making me care about the heroes which made Black Adam's anti-hero quest dull to me which is also why I do not like anti-heros getting their own films
I brought this up on the DC reddit some years back.

I want to see more of the "villain" being the protagonist and taking on the hero who is the antagonist.

The problem with this is making the audience invest in a hero that will most likely die or take a major L.

Infinity War is 1 of the few films where the villain is the protagonist and the heroes are the clear antagonist and take a major L.

I think it can be done. The audience are just so used to "protagonist = hero" when that is not the case. Protagonist is just the main character that drives the plot the most. That can be anybody and not exclusive to heroes.

As far as Anti-heroes go, yeah, writers struggle to put them against heroes because they don't trust the audience to consume this concept.

This is why anti-heroes must go against villains (Sabbac). I can't name 5 villain (protagonist) vs hero films.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #11
SiekaSiklo 
Props total: 3052 3 K  Slaps total: 209 209
 Pastor Ra said
Namor is a guy who has spent the last 500 years protecting his people by any means necessary.

Black Adam only ever cared about his family and then getting revenge. He's only now deciding to be the protector of Kahndaq in memory of his son.

2 whole separate concepts and intention. They can't be each other. Definitely not giving a talking head a view. Especially if they are misunderstanding both films.
Lol came in to say the same thing…it was a good plot twist that the statue was his son and not him that musta been a major mind fu*k for Black Adam
+1   

2 months ago '05        #12
DaOmega_1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15610 15 K  Slaps total: 1571 1 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Ya think?
Nandi be on point most of the time
I think Namor was more explicitly a villain, and Black Adam was more explicitly an anti-hero.

Black Adam is a character that repeatedly gives into his darker more violent tendencies, yet also finds himself having to confront it via the JSA and the little kid and his mother. I feel like Namor is 100% resolute in his convictions, and that confrontation of his darker nature never really happens.

Namor's arc isn't really an "arc". He believes what he believes throughout, and that doesn't really change by the time we hit the end credits. Nor, should it really. He views the truce with Wakanda as purely transactional for his "war" with the surface. This doesn't read as an "anti-hero" to me.

I feel like Black Adam's arc is definitely more explicitly that of an anti-hero. Now, Namor is a MUCH better written character than Black Adam. But, they're also VERY differently written. So, the comparison doesn't really make sense to me.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #13
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 78905 78 K  Slaps total: 5309 5 K
 DaOmega_1 said
I think Namor was more explicitly a villain, and Black Adam was more explicitly an anti-hero.

Black Adam is a character that repeatedly gives into his darker more violent tendencies, yet also finds himself having to confront it via the JSA and the little kid and his mother. I feel like Namor is 100% resolute in his convictions, and that confrontation of his darker nature never really happens.

Namor's arc isn't really an "arc". He believes what he believes throughout, and that doesn't really change by the time we hit the end credits. Nor, should it really. He views the truce with Wakanda as purely transactional for his "war" with the surface. This doesn't read as an "anti-hero" to me.

I feel like Black Adam's arc is definitely more explicitly that of an anti-hero. Now, Namor is a MUCH better written character than Black Adam. But, they're also VERY differently written. So, the comparison doesn't really make sense to me.
Fair enough,but Nando did raise some interesting points imo plus I haven't seen wakanda forever yet sooo.
+1   

2 months ago '22        #14
Jakkpot 
Props total: 383 383  Slaps total: 174 174
The mayans were black

+1   

2 months ago '16        #15
kamal1978 
Props total: 7832 7 K  Slaps total: 3230 3 K
Typical marvel nonsense

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  23
Video inside I believe that we are in a simulation
115 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  23
What's keeping you from dating a girl in the army ?
354 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Feb 2 - Short on Cash, More Americans Tap 401(k) Savings
116 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+62online now  17
The three missing rappers have been found Dead