Roc Marciano: Greatest of All Time | Breakdown

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '15        #1
966 page views
35 comments

TheCompanyMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 26616 26 K  Slaps total: 2232 2 K
Roc Marciano: Greatest of All Time | Breakdown

As part of TBD, I do recurring episodes as part of the GOAT series where I highlight why different artists deserve to be the GOAT.

This week's episode is on Roc Marciano. I spoke with his manager Jazz as well who provided a lot of great insight into Roc's movements.

A BX thread on Elephant Man's Bones gets a shoutout as well.
+31   

best
worst
35 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58705 58 K  Slaps total: 4320 4 K
I woke up on this rainy saturday morning in the mood for some smooth Marci sh*t so this vid was great to see. It’s up there with your DOOM piece by the way.

I wouldn’t be able to rank all of Marci’s work but my favorites will always be Reloaded, Marcberg, Marci Beaucoup and the RR series

I wasn’t feeling elephant man’s bones at first but I slept. AirPods don’t those tracks any justice and for me Roc is one of those rare rappers where you need to hear a track several times to digest every bar. It’s almost as if the music gets better after each listen

For the past few weeks I was stuck on quantum leap now it’s this

Last edited by POWER RAPS; 12-03-2022 at 11:36 AM..
+14   

2 months ago '18        #3
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 63061 63 K  Slaps total: 9613 9 K
Willie The Kid>>>>>>>>>

2 months ago '15        #4
TheCompanyMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 POWER RAPS said
I woke up on this rainy saturday morning in the mood for some smooth Marci sh*t so this vid was great to see. Itís up there with your DOOM piece by the way.

I wouldnít be able to rank all of Marciís work but my favorites will always be Reloaded, Marcberg, Marci Beaucoup and the RR series

I wasnít feeling elephant manís bones at first but I slept. AirPods donít those tracks any justice and for me Roc is one of those rare rappers where you need to hear a track several times to digest every bar. Itís almost as if the music gets better after each listen

For the past few weeks I was stuck on quantum leap now itís this

Great analysis on Roc. He's not an easy listen but once it hits you, it sticks with you.
+8   

2 months ago '15        #5
 TheCompanyMan said

As part of TBD, I do recurring episodes as part of the GOAT series where I highlight why different artists deserve to be the GOAT.

This week's episode is on Roc Marciano. I spoke with his manager Jazz as well who provided a lot of great insight into Roc's movements.

@
+1   

2 months ago '17        #6
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 74224 74 K  Slaps total: 15616 15 K
This monotone n*gga with the same flow every song and every song sounds the same is a GOAT candidate? In what fu*kin universe?

BX loves these mid tier underground NYC rappers. Smh.

2 months ago '17        #7
Pretty Tone 
Props total: 64154 64 K  Slaps total: 4937 4 K
 Pythagoras said

+6   

2 months ago '17        #8
Pretty Tone 
Props total: 64154 64 K  Slaps total: 4937 4 K
might let a rocket go you saw da god hop out the fox hole wit some sh*t you gotta hold on ya collar bone!

+7   

2 months ago '19        #9
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50808 50 K  Slaps total: 7752 7 K
 Pythagoras said
This monotone n*gga with the same flow every song and every song sounds the same is a GOAT candidate? In what fu*kin universe?

was going to respond positively to this until u edited ur post to make it your usual nyc-shade post lol...

OP's way of using GOAT is obviously very loose if he has a series of a bunch of artists who can be considered GOAT--that whole fact lets u know the point is about folks who have a certain style that's going to make them a lot of people's favorite (i.e., goat to them).

But I'd agree with what u'd reply with...that's not the essence of what GOAT is...only very few artists deserve that consideration...less than 10 imo...
+1   

2 months ago '15        #10
 Pretty Tone said
might let a rocket go you saw da god hop out the fox hole wit some sh*t you gotta hold on ya collar bone!

Marcielago is my sh*t!
+3   

2 months ago '17        #11
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 74224 74 K  Slaps total: 15616 15 K
 Bklynzfinest said
was going to respond positively to this until u edited ur post to make it your usual nyc-shade post lol...

OP's way of using GOAT is obviously very loose if he has a series of a bunch of artists who can be considered GOAT--that whole fact lets u know the point is about folks who have a certain style that's going to make them a lot of people's favorite (i.e., goat to them).

But I'd agree with what u'd reply with...that's not the essence of what GOAT is...only very few artists deserve that consideration...less than 10 imo...
Love to see it

+1   

2 months ago '15        #12
 Bklynzfinest said

Exactly. Every GOAT episode ends with "I might not agree, but I understand." It's a way to give cats their trophies, especially artists who are often never talked about in that context.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #13
Real 
Props total: 34380 34 K  Slaps total: 4671 4 K
Roc really might be THE GOAT though. Great thread

+8   

2 months ago '04        #14
NotebooksFilled 
Props total: 4630 4 K  Slaps total: 209 209
Props, I’ma have to peep that video tomorrow. Roc been holding sh*t down on one of the best runs ever. Some of my favorite artists over the years haven’t had a run nearly as consistent.
+5   

2 months ago '06        #15
illstate11 
Props total: 2294 2 K  Slaps total: 285 285

+4   

2 months ago '22        #16
KillaNipZayKiss 
Props total: 1599 1 K  Slaps total: 637 637
The novelty of beats with no drums gets old after like 2 songs.

If we're putting the spotlight on a underground East coast rapper it should be Joell Ortiz or Ransom. They are way better rappers than this dude

2 months ago '18        #17
baddie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 70828 70 K  Slaps total: 26210 26 K
 Bklynzfinest said

Nas
Jay Z
Pac
Biggie
Scarface
Wayne
Rakim
Outkast
NWA
Snoop

Artists who influenced the culture, transcended music, had longevity and reign, but also had incredible, classic and timeless music
+1   

2 months ago '04        #18
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x108
Props total: 210305 210 K  Slaps total: 25791 25 K
 TheCompanyMan said

didnít know you made a thread fam, my apologies
+1   

2 months ago '04        #19
Real 
Props total: 34380 34 K  Slaps total: 4671 4 K
 KillaNipZayKiss said

If we're putting the spotlight on a underground East coast rapper it should be Joell Ortiz or Ransom. They are way better rappers than this dude
I disagree.

baddie said
Nas
Roc Marci
Jay Z
Pac
Biggie
Scarface
Wayne
Rakim
Outkast
NWA
Snoop

Artists who influenced the culture, transcended music, had longevity and reign, but also had incredible, classic and timeless music
and fixed.

+2   

2 months ago '15        #20
 Adwerdz said
didnít know you made a thread fam, my apologies
All good. The support is appreciated regardless.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #21
The Enigma  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 10767 10 K  Slaps total: 1683 1 K
 Real said
Roc really might be THE GOAT though. Great thread

Nah this n*gga really is the goat..
+1   

2 months ago '04        #22
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 79019 79 K  Slaps total: 5311 5 K
Marci is my guy
+2   

2 months ago '15        #23
capodonna87 
Props total: 1563 1 K  Slaps total: 357 357
 Pythagoras said

On God. I'm huge alchemist fan but I couldn't fu*k with elephants bone like I actually pefered arm and hammer haram better and them n*ggas rap unorthodox

2 months ago '05        #24
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 144299 144 K  Slaps total: 36659 36 K
 KillaNipZayKiss said

joell ortiz is a*s

obviously you dont listen to marc if you think every beat doesnt have drums

go listen to bodega music vol 1

2 months ago '17        #25
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 148732 148 K  Slaps total: 44940 44 K
Nah

Dude nice, but he’s missing a lot of elements to be considered the goat.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Feb 3 - Ohio man dies after being shot by cop as he cleaned out late grandmoth..
57 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+42online now  18
Image(s) inside AI shows what Ancient Egypt would look like if it never fell
189 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  17
Feb 3 - 2nd Chinese surveillance balloon spotted over South America, Pentagon ..
166 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Feb 4 - BREAKING: Chinese balloon is expected to be shot down soon
256 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy