Amazon CEO: No plans to stop selling antisemitic film at center of Kyrie Irving suspension

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '14        #1
964 page views
24 comments

reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 61063 61 K  Slaps total: 4523 4 K
Amazon CEO: No plans to stop selling antisemitic film at center of Kyrie Irving suspension

NEW YORK -- Amazon CEO Andy Jassy said Wednesday the company does not have plans to stop selling the antisemitic film that gained notoriety recently after Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving tweeted out an Amazon link to it.

Pressure has been mounting on Amazon to discontinue sale of the film, called "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America," since Irving shared the link to the documentary with his millions of Twitter followers in October. The synopsis on Amazon says the film "uncovers the true identity of the Children of Israel."

At The New York Times' DealBook Summit in New York City, Jassy said it is difficult for the company to determine what content crosses the line to where Amazon doesn't make it available to customers.

"As a retailer of content to hundreds of millions of customers with a lot of different viewpoints, we have to allow access to those viewpoints, even if they are objectionable -- objectionable and they differ from our particular viewpoints," the Times quoted Jassy as saying.

He said making decisions about what content to take down is "more straight forward" in some cases, such as when it "actively incites or promotes violence, or teaches people to do things like pedophilia."

Dozens of celebrities, public figures as well as Jewish organizations and the Nets have called on the company to take down the film or add a disclaimer offering an explanation as to why the documentary and related book are problematic.

Amazon told the newspaper earlier this month that it would look into adding a disclaimer on the documentary's main page. But that hasn't happened.

The Seattle-based company did not reply to request for comment sent by The a*sociated Press earlier this month on whether it would add a disclaimer or not. Jassy, who is Jewish, said Wednesday that Amazon has employees that flag content, but scaling that more broadly could be challenging.

"The reality is that we have very expansive customer reviews," he said. "For books with a lot of attention -- especially public attention -- customers do a pretty good job of warning people when there's objectionable content."

Irving was suspended by the Nets on Nov. 3 after he refused to issue the apology that NBA commissioner Adam Silver sought for posting the link the the film. He returned after issuing an apology more than two weeks later. He missed eight games.
+9   

best
worst
24 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 82315 82 K  Slaps total: 20470 20 K
Lets see do Shaq, Barkley and the rest of the tap dancers go at Amazon....or massa only said only go at Kyrie

Last edited by slimboyballer; 12-01-2022 at 05:01 PM..
+28   

2 months ago '12        #3
placeboefx 
Props total: 1415 1 K  Slaps total: 100 100
Nothing about the film is antisemitic.
+15   

2 months ago '13        #4
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86619 86 K  Slaps total: 12482 12 K
Wheres the fake outrage brigade?? Get in here right now and sh*t on amazon like you did kyrie. I want 15 pages at least!

Keep that same energy right??

Sheep
+19   

2 months ago '19        #5
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 108149 108 K  Slaps total: 12503 12 K
Good for them. I watched the movie twice and outside of one slide quoting Walter White Jr there was no antisemitism at all. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant and there's nothing about the movie that warrants removal.
+8   

2 months ago '16        #6
Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 79420 79 K  Slaps total: 5805 5 K
PC culture annoying as fu*k. One of the worst things to come along with the internet and the rise of social media.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #7
Kingz2 
Props total: 48829 48 K  Slaps total: 4434 4 K
We knew this though all that smoke for Kylie but none for the company that is actually profiting from the movie. I bet they won’t stop shopping at Amazon or using their services.

I bet not one of the athletes that called out kyrie will call out Amazon
+8   

2 months ago '18        #8
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 58603 58 K  Slaps total: 4520 4 K
Good for Amazon, I applaud it. Now lets see how the mainstream media handle their stance, lets see if they have the same vitriol for the button pushers up at Amazon.
+5   

2 months ago '04        #9
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 76279 76 K  Slaps total: 14747 14 K

+5   

2 months ago '18        #10
street heat 
Props total: 2103 2 K  Slaps total: 999 999
They shouldnt have to. You have the right to make an offensive movie or documentary, or write a book. No one is forcing anyone to read its contents. Yall dont want to go down this path. I could say amazon needs to remove your favorite rappers music because its offensive and possibly incites violence. If kyrie didnt post it, none of you would have ever heard of it or wanted to watch it.

This matter is closed. Move the fu*k on
+6   

2 months ago '05        #11
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 144290 144 K  Slaps total: 36656 36 K
 slimboyballer said
Lets see do Shaq, Barkley and the rest of the tap dancers go at Amazon....or massa only said only go at Kyrie

wit his big dumb a*s
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '10        #12
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 154165 154 K  Slaps total: 16358 16 K
the big bad jews could pull that bully sh*t on black celebs cause they control their income
+10   

2 months ago '04        #13
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 82315 82 K  Slaps total: 20470 20 K
 Dun Language said
wit his big dumb a*s
facts! fu*k shaq

2 months ago '14        #14
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56 OP
All the dudes that were here against kyrie, I'm not seeing the same rage?

Y'all gonna stop buying from Amazon? Lol
+3   

2 months ago '20        #15
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 82335 82 K  Slaps total: 26326 26 K
I hate this overly politically correct society, everyone trying to look holier than thou by trying to point out something insensitive someone else has said, sh*ts lame as fu*k.

fu*k every God damn body equally

2 months ago '20        #16
b4dizzzzzzzle 
Props total: 5736 5 K  Slaps total: 527 527
the great unicorn can't be stopped. these cuts gonna continue. all praises
+1   

2 months ago '16        #17
Ldogg310v2 
Props total: 23413 23 K  Slaps total: 2382 2 K
Bunch of clowns. Mad at someone for tweeting about the movie, but not mad at the people who made it and profit off of it.

Oh yeah, because they profit off the movie too, seeing as how they own all the production companies and distribution centers

Allegedly
+6   

2 months ago '19        #18
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 43267 43 K  Slaps total: 28498 28 K
 trill jackson said
the big bad jews could pull that bully sh*t on black celebs cause they control their income
Period, point blank.

Like I said, notice that the height of black success is most commonly portrayed as athletic and entertainment industry success.

in both situations, no matter how success, or how legendary, you're still working for someone else to be paid.

The black business world -outside of entertainment - is virtually non-talked about. You ask the average black person to name ONE black person, who is rich, who didn't make their wealth from entertainment, and you're drawing a blank.

Don't care what people say, that is on purpose.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #19
cabeast93 
Props total: 9463 9 K  Slaps total: 1488 1 K
Has anyone completed the movie? It’s almost un- watch able.

2 months ago '14        #20
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56 OP
 cabeast93 said
You like the 3rd person I heard say the same thing

2 months ago '17        #21
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 57247 57 K  Slaps total: 18590 18 K
 cabeast93 said
You mean you couldn’t finish the 3 and a half hour long PowerPoint presentation filled with stock art straight out of google image search?
+2   

2 months ago '05        #22
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 11419 11 K  Slaps total: 2794 2 K
 street heat said
If kyrie didnt post it, none of you would have ever heard of it or wanted to watch it.

This matter is closed. Move the fu*k on
if Kyrie’s in hot water, we need to cancel Amazon and Jeff Bezos

a mindless hive.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #23
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 11419 11 K  Slaps total: 2794 2 K
 Ldogg310v2 said
Bunch of clowns. Mad at someone for tweeting about the movie, but not mad at the people who made it and profit off of it.
are u talking about Robert Dalton Jr? the man who made the movie?

2 months ago '15        #24
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 43345 43 K  Slaps total: 5150 5 K
 SuperPawgHunter said
Period, point blank.

Like I said, notice that the height of black success is most commonly portrayed as athletic and entertainment industry success.

in both situations, no matter how success, or how legendary, you're still working for someone else to be paid.

The black business world -outside of entertainment - is virtually non-talked about. You ask the average black person to name ONE black person, who is rich, who didn't make their wealth from entertainment, and you're drawing a blank.

Don't care what people say, that is on purpose.
I know at least one... lives in Ladera Heights here in Cali

He basically owns a bunch of homes around the city..in short, real estate, but he's been doing it for decades at this point.

I was too young and trying to find some stability at the time but I was around the guy when no one else was. could've learned everything...not saying he wouldve passed it over to me but its possible. He did have kids but theyre well off enough as far as i knew

His son was in entertainment though...used to be in the american gladiators and was in mortal kombat the movie...but he in particular is not.

I agree with you though.. we dont hear about it enough and among other things in history, all you hear about is the entertainment industry

JR Smith was right though, why arent these dudes pooling money to do things? All of these LA guys and the only one I see that did something visible is Magic Johnson.

We dont have a large training facility here with docs, trainers, etc... but these dudes would rather just play at UCLAs gym or something instead of making a freaking westcoast training facility for athletes.

2 months ago '05        #25
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 144290 144 K  Slaps total: 36656 36 K
the jews run youtube and they buried all this type of content
it doesn't even pop up in my algorithm like it did back in 2008
you have to go looking for it.

now its on a big platform like amazon and they have no control over the truth

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-24online now  89
FBG Duck’s mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
177 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+58online now  76
Video inside Dating Show: Who Would Boxden Pick Out Of The 4
146 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  31
Jan 28 - Americans falling behind on car payments at a record pace
172 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
audio inside Biggie mentioned 8 year old Raven Symone in his song about fu-king famo..
227 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy