Steely Dan Snatched Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz Future!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '22        #1
1610 page views
34 comments

Flynn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1667 1 K  Slaps total: 356 356
Steely Dan Snatched Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz Future!

Never seen a sample outcome like this one in hip hop. Steely Dan took everything from these guys, even their name on the song forever. Then did a video clowning them. Woulda said F that song. It gave them one hit wonder clout, but it had to hurt performing and promoting that song for decades only to know every time it spins you're not getting a thing from it. Changed the trajectory of their career and life forever.
+9   

best
worst
34 comments

2 months ago '22        #2
JUST SAYIN 
Props total: 748 748  Slaps total: 129 129
I GUESS THAT SAYING
"WHAT'S MINE IS MINE"
MAKES PERFECT SENSE !

+11   

2 months ago '17        #3
lil boosie vert 
Props total: 3464 3 K  Slaps total: 502 502
steely dan gang gang
+7   

2 months ago '06        #4
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 27054 27 K  Slaps total: 2468 2 K
 lil boosie vert said
steely dan gang gang
Stely dan was a baaaaad group. Pops used to n still does play they shyt

They had some funky work… i always wondered how the heck gunz oulled off that sample. The original was a classic…. Now i know

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 11-30-2022 at 10:24 PM..
+23   

2 months ago '06        #5
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 27054 27 K  Slaps total: 2468 2 K

Whale damn….. ether lol. They aint do kanye n others this bd. Peter n them must have pushed the track then doubled bk
+12   

2 months ago '18        #6
Ruga's Rib Shack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 40703 40 K  Slaps total: 9051 9 K
OP back at it making 10 minute videos rambling ON and ON about other men and their wasted potential

Mind you, what he's saying could be done in 30 seconds, but he has to absolutely MILK the YouTube revenue past the time threshold

Can't articulate himself for jack sh*t

CHATTY PATTY

At least with other chatty patties they have charisma/personality

OP adds absolutely nothing to the universe and tries to sell $60/hr "basketball consulting"

What a fu*king bozo

Imagine being @, a 40 year old homos*xual who's addicted to meth and spams Boxden all day

Last edited by Ruga's Rib Shack; 11-30-2022 at 10:57 PM..

2 months ago '18        #7
Orndorf2 
Props total: 7145 7 K  Slaps total: 806 806
Sounds about right. The song (Steely Dans) was a hit before they rapped over it. If they couldn’t have a hit without the sample then they didn’t deserve much. Steely Dan are notoriously sticklers for details and hard on musicians in their band and control freaks. This record alone didn’t make them rich…they were rich already. Wrong band to clumsily sample. Tough break.
+15   

2 months ago '18        #8
Orndorf2 
 sunsetnVine said

Whale damn….. ether lol. They aint do kanye n others this bd. Peter n them must have pushed the track then doubled bk
Timing. When Peter & Tariq sampled it was when rappers were just grabbing tracks and not clearing the samples. When musicians would find out (song has success) they were going to court. Musicians were also pissed that it was their exact music being played and weren’t gonna see no bread from it?! Think about Can’t touch this by Hammer…that’s all Rick James.

Anyway, by the time Kanye sampled Steely Dan, hip hop had properly getting samples cleared appropriately…so musicians got paid and weren’t pissed and no need to sue.
+12   

2 months ago '16        #9
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 70307 70 K  Slaps total: 6587 6 K
 sunsetnVine said

+3   

2 months ago '17        #10
RayDonovan 
Props total: 4965 4 K  Slaps total: 465 465
 Ruga's Rib Shack said
OP back at it making 10 minute videos rambling ON and ON about other men and their wasted potential

Mind you, what he's saying could be done in 30 seconds, but he has to absolutely MILK the YouTube revenue past the time threshold

Can't articulate himself for jack sh*t

CHATTY PATTY

At least with other chatty patties they have charisma/personality

OP adds absolutely nothing to the universe and tries to sell $60/hr "basketball consulting"

What a fu*king bozo

Imagine being @, a 40 year old homos*xual who's addicted to meth and spams Boxden all day
Lol so thats op that makes these videos??

Yea ive seen a few and a feel you.. dude is like a cooler talking version of karceno lol

One vid said nelly held murphy lee back

2 seconds.. i mean minutes due to the slow talking he says murph said he didnt goto signings and wasnt a public person and didnt do the fame stuff so thats what held him back

Another video said game released his first mixtape with bws get low then came out with the documentary.. clearly wrong as get low was jt label and bws wasnt even formed 2 years prior to the documentary

A bunch of his stuff sounds believable to those that have no clue, but basically dude reads wikipedia write ups and regurgitates them with his own spin
+2   

2 months ago '10        #11
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 48788 48 K  Slaps total: 7333 7 K
 Orndorf2 said
Timing. When Peter & Tariq sampled it was when rappers were just grabbing tracks and not clearing the samples. When musicians would find out (song has success) they were going to court. Musicians were also pissed that it was their exact music being played and weren’t gonna see no bread from it?! Think about Can’t touch this by Hammer…that’s all Rick James.

Anyway, by the time Kanye sampled Steely Dan, hip hop had properly getting samples cleared appropriately…so musicians got paid and weren’t pissed and no need to sue.
Peter Gunz broke down what happened. Puff was going to use the same sample with The Lox. When Deja Vu came out he changed his mind. Steely Dan taxed Gunz & Tariq for the money they lost out on from Puff changing his mind.

+11   

2 months ago '18        #12
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 58605 58 K  Slaps total: 4520 4 K
That's a dope and respectable channel OP. Can respect it not being the typical gossip blog with some idiot popping up talking about the latest bullsh*t going on. Keep up the great work. If you have a f*g**t type spambot troll dissing you're doing something right.
+4   

2 months ago '19        #13
3rdi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1725 1 K  Slaps total: 197 197
That's how it goes. Ask Puff about Missing You. All they had to do was handle some business and that would have been a check for life. They tried to dance around it and lost out big time.
+4   

2 months ago '18        #14
Dehone 
Props total: 92882 92 K  Slaps total: 5390 5 K

"PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG"

+5   

2 months ago '06        #15
LYTE 
Props total: 32208 32 K  Slaps total: 2536 2 K
 Bandito said
Peter Gunz broke down what happened. Puff was going to use the same sample with The Lox. When Deja Vu came out he changed his mind. Steely Dan taxed Gunz & Tariq for the money they lost out on from Puff changing his mind.

For reference to whomever never heard the song

+7   

2 months ago '04        #16
Magnificent Phoenix|m 
Props total: 1783 1 K  Slaps total: 276 276
 Flynn said

Never seen a sample outcome like this one in hip hop. Steely Dan took everything from these guys, even their name on the song forever. Then did a video clowning them. Woulda said F that song. It gave them one hit wonder clout, but it had to hurt performing and promoting that song for decades only to know every time it spins you're not getting a thing from it. Changed the trajectory of their career and life forever.
My God, your delivery is so slow, and nothing interesting was included that we couldn't just read on Wikipedia. This video should have been 3 minutes max. Your video was 4x as long as it should have been, but I know you aimed for over 10 minutes to get your profits.

2 months ago '13        #17
diamondsxmoney 
Props total: 26757 26 K  Slaps total: 1131 1 K
Stealy Dan
+1   

2 months ago '15        #18
R WiZ 
Props total: 1017 1 K  Slaps total: 124 124
 Orndorf2 said

From what I understand, Kanye pays for all his samples. He doesn't front on paying out the bread.

2 months ago '15        #19
Kno 
Props total: 25586 25 K  Slaps total: 2701 2 K
If I had a hit record and somebody used a barely adjusted sample to make another hit record I’d want my money too lol.

It’s that steely Dan groove that makes it go if we’re being honest.

And I love both versions!
+4   

2 months ago '18        #20
Orndorf2 
 Bandito said

Good clip…however he doesn’t answer the initial question directly. Did you proceed without clearing the sample? He then goes on to describe how they didn’t clear it…until the song had “legs”. Then they got offers from labels for 1mill or so. I’m sure Steely Dan had people that knew of those offers and decided instead of getting ripped that they would play hardball with them. Bad break for Peter.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #21
JRob1125 
Props total: 41095 41 K  Slaps total: 3655 3 K
sh*t was one of the laziest samples of the 90s
+5   

2 months ago '14        #22
xanaxandbeer 
Props total: 2297 2 K  Slaps total: 1804 1 K
I miss the lazy sample era. Labels fu*ked everything up by being greedy. If artists were getting paid they wouldnt care
+1   

2 months ago '05        #23
P DRILLA 
Props total: 28380 28 K  Slaps total: 803 803

this too?

2 months ago '16        #24
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 112983 112 K  Slaps total: 14283 14 K
my only question is why didn't the label clear the sample?

2 months ago '19        #25
Witness102  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 15970 15 K  Slaps total: 3635 3 K
Well - no one would know who Peter Gunnz is AT ALL - if it weren't for that song.

So he may not have made cash off the record -

But he made a career out of the fame it brought.

Fair trade I'd say.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+31online now  41
Jan 29 - Average American woman 20 years old and up weighs 170.6 pounds
209 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  37
African migrants hid on the roof of a car all the way to Europe
39 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Jan 29 - Proof of George Santos racists past revealed in a tweet
91 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside Jan 29 - Trump said he would build impenetrable dome over US, warned of..
160 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy