Nov 30 - Breaking: Elon Musk Accuses Twitter of Election Interference

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '22        #1
2997 page views
145 comments

HERMES  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12150 12 K  Slaps total: 2904 2 K
Nov 30 - Breaking: Elon Musk Accuses Twitter of Election Interference

Twitter owner and CEO Elon Musk on Wednesday acknowledged that prior to his takeover, the "obvious reality" was that Twitter "has interfered in elections" through its content moderation policies.

Musk's explosive a*sertion came in response to comments made by Yoel Roth, Twitter's former head of trust and safety, who indicated the social media platform was not safer under the Tesla CEO's leadership. Roth was speaking at a Knight Foundation conference on Tuesday when he explained why he resigned from Twitter, accusing Musk of running the company like a dictator.

"One of my limits was if Twitter starts being ruled by dictatorial edict rather than by policy ... there's no longer a need for me in my role, doing what I do," Roth said, per Reuters.

As the head of trust and safety, Roth was responsible for key content moderation decisions including banning former President Donald Trump from the platform and suppressing the New York Post's coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop story. His decision to leave the company was part of a mass exodus of Twitter employees who left over disagreements with Musk's free-speech absolutist vision or were laid off in harsh cost-cutting measures enforced by the billionaire.

Twitter's content moderation policies have been harshly criticized by free speech advocates, particularly on the right, who have accused the company of enforcing its rules against conservatives in a one-sided manner. The suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story happened in the lead up to the 2020 presidential election and was believed by many conservatives to have been motivated by a desire to shield then-candidate Joe Biden from scrutiny over his family's foreign business dealings.

"Twitter has shown itself to be not safe for the past 10 years and has lost users’ trust. The past team of 'trust and safety' is a disgrace, so it doesn’t have any right to judge what is being done now. They had a chance, but they sold their souls to a corporation," one user commented on Reuters' coverage of Roth's remarks.

"Exactly," Musk wrote in reply. "The obvious reality, as long-time users know, is that Twitter has failed in trust & safety for a very long time and has interfered in elections."

He did not elaborate on how Twitter "interfered in elections" but promised that "Twitter 2.0 will be far more effective, transparent and even-handed."

Twitter did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

;t=WzwcCtsv6kc8W6MpQ6kmcA

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. ns/ar-AA14KjTN

best
worst
145 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29466 29 K  Slaps total: 9257 9 K
Elon telling folks to vote Repuke backfired spectacularly
+44   

2 months ago '21        #3
GoldenKnight 
Props total: 8620 8 K  Slaps total: 6283 6 K
The child grooming left need all the help they can get because everybody hates those disgusting pedos

2 months ago '15        #4
PineappleOG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 53669 53 K  Slaps total: 10409 10 K
OP a f*g**t, just slap and keep it movin
+10   

2 months ago '22        #5
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 26566 26 K  Slaps total: 17180 17 K
 240ka said
Elon telling folks to vote Repuke backfired spectacularly
Republicans won the house dem agenda is dead f*g**t, no funds until the border is closed.

2 months ago '07        #6
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29466 29 K  Slaps total: 9257 9 K
 Booda Sack said
Republicans won the house dem agenda is dead f*g**t, no funds until the border is closed.
They underperformed in the house and lost the senate
+28   

2 months ago '22        #7
Booda Sack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 26566 26 K  Slaps total: 17180 17 K
 240ka said
They underperformed in the house and lost the senate
I don’t care republicans are trash too I just want Biden blocked to stop doing dumb sh*t

2 months ago '18        #8
Txheat 
Props total: 43108 43 K  Slaps total: 3112 3 K
Elon might’ve made a smart move in those after all. Hear me out: what if he knew twitter impacted elections and saw this as an opportunity to buy it and get is favorite president elected. That president approves multi-billion dollar contracts with Tesla, SpaceX, etc.

I guess that would only work if twitter manages to stay around until the next election

2 months ago '22        #9
MONEY WORLD 
Props total: 6782 6 K  Slaps total: 6065 6 K
 HERMES said

Twitter owner and CEO Elon Musk on Wednesday acknowledged that prior to his takeover, the "obvious reality" was that Twitter "has interfered in elections" through its content moderation policies.

Musk's explosive a*sertion came in response to comments made by Yoel Roth, Twitter's former head of trust and safety, who indicated the social media platform was not safer under the Tesla CEO's leadership. Roth was speaking at a Knight Foundation conference on Tuesday when he explained why he resigned from Twitter, accusing Musk of running the company like a dictator.

"One of my limits was if Twitter starts being ruled by dictatorial edict rather than by policy ... there's no longer a need for me in my role, doing what I do," Roth said, per Reuters.

As the head of trust and safety, Roth was responsible for key content moderation decisions including banning former President Donald Trump from the platform and suppressing the New York Post's coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop story. His decision to leave the company was part of a mass exodus of Twitter employees who left over disagreements with Musk's free-speech absolutist vision or were laid off in harsh cost-cutting measures enforced by the billionaire.

Twitter's content moderation policies have been harshly criticized by free speech advocates, particularly on the right, who have accused the company of enforcing its rules against conservatives in a one-sided manner. The suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story happened in the lead up to the 2020 presidential election and was believed by many conservatives to have been motivated by a desire to shield then-candidate Joe Biden from scrutiny over his family's foreign business dealings.

"Twitter has shown itself to be not safe for the past 10 years and has lost users’ trust. The past team of 'trust and safety' is a disgrace, so it doesn’t have any right to judge what is being done now. They had a chance, but they sold their souls to a corporation," one user commented on Reuters' coverage of Roth's remarks.

"Exactly," Musk wrote in reply. "The obvious reality, as long-time users know, is that Twitter has failed in trust & safety for a very long time and has interfered in elections."

He did not elaborate on how Twitter "interfered in elections" but promised that "Twitter 2.0 will be far more effective, transparent and even-handed."

Twitter did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

More proof that Trump won the 2020 election.

2 months ago '16        #10
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 111266 111 K  Slaps total: 16593 16 K
Anyone that can't see that Elon is trying to manufacture consent to weaponize Twitter is a moron

Looks transparent and even-handed to me
+38   

2 months ago '22        #11
HERMES  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10 OP

;t=SHo8WHODa51VJxQIG3e4nA

2 months ago '17        #12
LeG.O.A.T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 73766 73 K  Slaps total: 45440 45 K
Twitter 100% played a huge part in Biden being elected. The censorship was through the roof.

2 months ago '15        #13
naledgestate 
Props total: 38911 38 K  Slaps total: 3539 3 K
OP is a phaggot
+3   

2 months ago '22        #14
 PineappleOG said
OP a f*g**t, just slap and keep it movin

naledgestate said
OP is a phaggot

Y’all hate the truth lol

2 months ago '05        #15
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 162443 162 K  Slaps total: 46815 46 K
Someone explain what Hunter Biden’s laptop had to do with Joe? To my knowledge and I may be wrong but don’t they have and been had a strained relationship?
+9   

2 months ago '22        #16
 Tha Boss said
Someone explain what Hunter Biden’s laptop had to do with Joe? To my knowledge and I may be wrong but don’t they have and been had a strained relationship?

2 months ago '20        #17
Ecnarongi 
Props total: 7849 7 K  Slaps total: 370 370
Didn't Zuck say that were doing targeted censoring?

Our whole society is controlled by money surprise surprise.

expose the agenda
+6   

2 months ago '05        #18
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 162443 162 K  Slaps total: 46815 46 K
 HERMES said

Page 7 lists about 9 Democrat related “tech crimes” as examples of corruption. Not one republican scandal huh. #pass on whatever “Marco polo” company is talkin about

2 months ago '07        #19
Mr.Green E.U.I. 
Props total: 5633 5 K  Slaps total: 939 939
fu*k a democrat fu*k a republican and fu*k a Twitter
+4   

2 months ago '05        #20
blackninja 
Props total: 31414 31 K  Slaps total: 3192 3 K
So does Fox News and all of those "conservative' news outlets have the right to pedal their BS and carry water for Trump and the RepubliKKKans the same way MSNBC and CNN favor democrats? It is called free speech.

Elon loves "free speech" as long as it is in favor of his white supremacist a*s. fu*k Him. fu*k Tesla. fu*k Space X.
+11   

2 months ago '21        #21
OWL 
Props total: 2895 2 K  Slaps total: 950 950
Both sides are brainwashed as can be.

2 months ago '21        #22
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 9956 9 K  Slaps total: 3201 3 K
That's some bullsh*t. All the gay news that I only heard about on Twitter was forced.

The "Whats Happening" section is not based on an algorithm. That's "Trends For You". If you don't know the difference don't quote me. Just slap and move on.

Last edited by Fatt Kidd; 12-01-2022 at 10:24 PM..

2 months ago '17        #23
Chrispy 
Props total: 7478 7 K  Slaps total: 1186 1 K
Yoel Roth - homo jew - explains alot
+2   

2 months ago '11        #24
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50172 50 K  Slaps total: 7061 7 K
If course it was, thats been obvious. But the news will report you fired these pieces of Twitter sh*t like you didnt have every reason to do so.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #25
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50172 50 K  Slaps total: 7061 7 K
 Txheat said
Elon might’ve made a smart move in those after all. Hear me out: what if he knew twitter impacted elections and saw this as an opportunity to buy it and get is favorite president elected. That president approves multi-billion dollar contracts with Tesla, SpaceX, etc.

I guess that would only work if twitter manages to stay around until the next election
If that was the case, he would not tell us about the bullsh*t and fire all the people involved
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  19
What's keeping you from dating a girl in the army ?
354 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Feb 2 - Short on Cash, More Americans Tap 401(k) Savings
114 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+62online now  19
The three missing rappers have been found Dead