Jeff Passan Report: Yankees Offer Aaron Judge 8yr/$300M Deal 🚨

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+25  57
59 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '16        #1
1710 page views
92 comments

Southpaw  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 69399 69 K  Slaps total: 25139 25 K
Jeff Passan Report: Yankees Offer Aaron Judge 8yr/$300M Deal 🚨

After the New York Yankees saw their preseason efforts rejected when Aaron Judge tossed away a seven-year, $213.5 million deal (with a 2022 arbitration salary attached), they must’ve known they were going to have to approach the Mike Trout-held record for position player AAV in order to retain him after the season.

The only thing they didn’t know was how good a season Judge would have, and whether or not the onus would be on them to bring him back at all costs.

Turns out, pretty good! Judge passed the American League home run record, slamming his 62nd of the season in Arlington and setting himself up for a record payday. Per the latest report from Jeff Passan, the Yankees’ initial offer reflected the new normal, and the team hopes to have a resolution on a potential Judge deal by the end of the Winter Meetings.

According to Passan, the Yankees’ offer sits at approximately eight years and $300 million, which appears to have been made before Judge departed for the San Francisco stops on his free agency tour.

It doesn’t seem like anything that has happened between Judge and the Giants shattered the estimation that No. 99 is more likely than not to return to the Bronx. If that’s the case, how much higher will the Yankees have to go to satisfy him? An additional year at a similar AAV? A few more million per year as a gesture of goodwill, along with the captain’s C? There’s nothing to be ashamed of about the current offer, though Judge still needs to complete the process.

Yankees contract offer to Aaron Judge would set free agency record

It’s also important to note that YES Network’s own Jack Curry tossed out the exact same figures the other day as a casual estimate for where Judge’s deal would end up.

Let this be a lesson, for those who doubted it: when Curry throws out a number, he’s not just throwing out a number. He knows.
visit this link https://twitter.com/MichiganYankees/status/1597448460982452224
Whether the Yankees are “hopeful,” “confident,” or some combination of the two about their ability to retain Judge, it’s clear they’re serious about offering a number that matches the season he just put up.

The back end of this deal will hurt, in all likelihood, but the Yankees are uniquely positioned to absorb that pain. They’re also uniquely positioned to take advantage of Judge’s stardom in the meantime.

Yankees Universe
@Bronxbombers @Southpaw @Maynard JKeenan @Morris618 @westsideknicks @Pdouble69 @Doe Stacks @YUNGBOSS23 @LowaEastSide5 @Ace dealer @Jonnyy McFly @VerbalAssassin @Dangerously II @Hawpalace @jaedot @Homer Pimpson @44wade @SmoothAlpha@AROD MONEY @Adam Is BeTTeR @Filthy731
@BxDon @Bx_bomberz @LowaEastSide5 @GarySanchize24 @kawgre12 @shadychef04 @Kenny Powers @frenchalexander @ghostridah @daboahmiz @SoFresh170 @El Fuerte @patt24 @Preacher Mane @RaIVIpAG3x @Drdeath @RoyceDa59 @JayGeezus @1andonlyKingP @ElQueHablaSucio @TM83 @I Am The Truth@HeightsBound @Jhnnyblz427 @RocBasement15 @adotboogie @Ricky Retardo@Cedwards198451 @bigkilla @poppapimple

visit this link https://www.espn.com/mlb/ .. eetings-impact
+2   

best
worst
92 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
ElQueHablaSucio  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23668 23 K  Slaps total: 6166 6 K
37.5M per season. I still think it's way too low. Rendon/Scherzer makes more than that. I think the Giants and Mets will sweep him away.

Yankees print money, don't understand why they playing hardball give em a blank check and call it a day. If Judge signs elsewhere, there's nobody else who's going to fill his void.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #3
lilsnatch770|M 
Props total: 4852 4 K  Slaps total: 928 928
That's it?

Scherzer is making $43 million per, Cole is making $36 per, Trout is making $35 million per, Rendon is making $35 million per, and Straburg is making $35 million per. And, all of those contracts were signed in the past.

He should probably be in the $40 million per range based off all of the attention he brought to baseball/the Yankees, his MVP, and inflation based off of those older contracts.

You'd think a team like SF would offer him 10 years $400 million or so
+10   

2 months ago '06        #4
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49348 49 K  Slaps total: 6365 6 K
Kind of low all things considered

I mean he's been hurt quite a bit but if they plan on lowballing him they better be going all out in free agency.

2 months ago '07        #5
adotboogie 
Props total: 1401 1 K  Slaps total: 154 154
For a 30yr old I see no problem with this….
+6   

2 months ago '13        #6
FlareMafia 
Props total: 18374 18 K  Slaps total: 1614 1 K
Yankees being cheap. Wouldn’t blame him if he signs somewhere else
+1   

2 months ago '10        #7
kawgre12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 52952 52 K  Slaps total: 2764 2 K
he's gone
+5   

2 months ago '04        #8
Enc0re` 
Props total: 566 566  Slaps total: 126 126
Dummy, they can go up to that offer depending what other bids he will receive

Southpaw said

After the New York Yankees saw their preseason efforts rejected when Aaron Judge tossed away a seven-year, $213.5 million deal (with a 2022 arbitration salary attached), they must’ve known they were going to have to approach the Mike Trout-held record for position player AAV in order to retain him after the season.

The only thing they didn’t know was how good a season Judge would have, and whether or not the onus would be on them to bring him back at all costs.

Turns out, pretty good! Judge passed the American League home run record, slamming his 62nd of the season in Arlington and setting himself up for a record payday. Per the latest report from Jeff Passan, the Yankees’ initial offer reflected the new normal, and the team hopes to have a resolution on a potential Judge deal by the end of the Winter Meetings.

According to Passan, the Yankees’ offer sits at approximately eight years and $300 million, which appears to have been made before Judge departed for the San Francisco stops on his free agency tour.

It doesn’t seem like anything that has happened between Judge and the Giants shattered the estimation that No. 99 is more likely than not to return to the Bronx. If that’s the case, how much higher will the Yankees have to go to satisfy him? An additional year at a similar AAV? A few more million per year as a gesture of goodwill, along with the captain’s C? There’s nothing to be ashamed of about the current offer, though Judge still needs to complete the process.

Yankees contract offer to Aaron Judge would set free agency record

It’s also important to note that YES Network’s own Jack Curry tossed out the exact same figures the other day as a casual estimate for where Judge’s deal would end up.

Let this be a lesson, for those who doubted it: when Curry throws out a number, he’s not just throwing out a number. He knows.

Whether the Yankees are “hopeful,” “confident,” or some combination of the two about their ability to retain Judge, it’s clear they’re serious about offering a number that matches the season he just put up.

The back end of this deal will hurt, in all likelihood, but the Yankees are uniquely positioned to absorb that pain. They’re also uniquely positioned to take advantage of Judge’s stardom in the meantime.

Yankees Universe
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @@ @ @
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @@ @ @ @ @@ @ @

2 months ago '08        #9
thewallochamp 
Props total: 1069 1 K  Slaps total: 102 102
not enough, he'll leave that offer on the table

2 months ago '13        #10
Phenom354 
Props total: 57121 57 K  Slaps total: 3768 3 K
Probably not enough but his performance in the playoffs could have hurt his value a little.

2 months ago '21        #11
loveeveryday  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 20527 20 K  Slaps total: 5975 5 K
California kids don’t wanna live in New York once they realize the reality of the weather & environment

2 months ago '04        #12
Stu Shiesty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 45055 45 K  Slaps total: 7906 7 K
 kawgre12 said
he's gone
That offer is more than fair. Dude is 31. He will be a DH 4-5 years into that deal.
+6   

2 months ago '10        #13
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 128234 128 K  Slaps total: 26008 26 K
 POWER RAPS said
Bro leave that dude alone. He craves the attention of men. When he said the Yankees should’ve paid him in the beginning of the year you should’ve deaded the whole convo right there
 Bklynzfinest said
I gave a range... $45M per for 8....$50M per for 5

Wanna put an honest $25 wager on it? What do u say will be the contract?
 Nautilus O said
Maybe you just play video games

50M for 5 is 250M
45 for 8 is 440M

They we’re offering him 213/7years

If they give him 300/7 years that’s 42 a year

That’s 6 more than what he was looking for a the beginning of the year
 Nautilus O said
There’s a simple answer to this

If the Yankees pay him $50M per year, you were right

If they don’t, I was right

bookmarked

another one

2 months ago '04        #14
J.BEEZY 
Props total: 12037 12 K  Slaps total: 940 940
Good. They can have him. Same old dumbass Yankees.

2 months ago '06        #15
jester2trife 
Props total: 15027 15 K  Slaps total: 4120 4 K
Thats the low ball offer after they already fumbled it earlier in the season? Cashman just gets worse and worse. Even Yankee fans gotta be seeing thru his bullsh*t by now.

2 months ago '20        #16
The Nutcracker 
Props total: 26377 26 K  Slaps total: 12032 12 K
Yankees fan checking in

This offer sucks considering how much hes been underpaid to this point of his career. Between this offer, the offer back in April, Cashman going public with that offer, the arbitration nonsense nickel and diming Judge...i wouldnt blame him if he walks

2 months ago '17        #17
BLACK FIST 
Props total: 75199 75 K  Slaps total: 14213 14 K
SB .1000 #49 (+2)
heard the white sox offered 5/350

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '04        #18
ddash 
Props total: 98524 98 K  Slaps total: 7140 7 K
Him gone for that
But I can see why the offer

2 months ago '08        #19
AC_89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 101113 101 K  Slaps total: 4339 4 K
Yankees about to get outbid by the giants a team that’s not really known for spending money times have definitely changed
+1   

2 months ago '19        #20
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50702 50 K  Slaps total: 7730 7 K
 Nautilus O said
another one
I'm a*suming u @me because u were right about something? But I don't get what...

my point (correct me i'm wrong--i really don't remember) wasn't just what the yankees 'offered,' but the type of deal he'll sign--yanks ain't the only players in the race. Neither did he actually sign anything yet, so whatever 'i told u so's' that you're going for, seems a bit premature. MLB currently says they're offering him a "historic" offer, which 8yr/300M ain't...so we really can't say anything about the results.

2 months ago '10        #21
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 128234 128 K  Slaps total: 26008 26 K
 Bklynzfinest said
I'm a*suming u @me because u were right about something? But I don't get what...

my point (correct me i'm wrong--i really don't remember) wasn't just what the yankees 'offered,' but the type of deal he'll sign--yanks ain't the only players in the race. Neither did he actually sign anything yet, so whatever 'i told u so's' that you're going for, seems a bit premature. MLB currently says they're offering him a "historic" offer, which 8yr/300M ain't...so we really can't say anything about the results.
I told you the Yankees would not offer him what you thought they would based on what they offered him already

Me:
 Nautilus O said
Judge wanted 34-36 at the beginning of the season.

Mike Trout’s contract is $426M, the Yankees aren’t giving Judge that much money

You:

Bklynzfinest said
At the beginning of the year he had 0 homeruns... Now he has 62 and the yanks saw they would be battling for the wild card if it wasn't for him...huge difference. Trout's contract is over 12, years...clearly they're not giving a 31 year old 12, years...but they will give him 8 and don't be surprised if it's $50M per year. So that'll be $400M...he doesn't have to get the highest total package...he'll just be the highest paid baseball player, which is his goal I'm sure after this season...and he won't be argued with.

another one

2 months ago '16        #22
Southpaw  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33 OP
Props total: 69399 69 K  Slaps total: 25139 25 K

This deal gives him the record for the highest AAV for a position player in MLB history ANDDDDD the security for the amount of years he wanted.

Y’all saying the Yankees being cheap, this is pretty much the deal he wanted in the first place

2 months ago '11        #23
1andonlyKingP 
Props total: 9757 9 K  Slaps total: 619 619
That deal right there would make him the highest paid position player from a per year average standpoint. How are people gonna say that it's a lowball offer
+3   

2 months ago '10        #24
kawgre12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 52952 52 K  Slaps total: 2764 2 K
 Stu Shiesty said
That offer is more than fair. Dude is 31. He will be a DH 4-5 years into that deal.
That's a terrible offer compared to his value to the Yankees

2 months ago '19        #25
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50702 50 K  Slaps total: 7730 7 K
 Nautilus O said
I told you the Yankees would not offer him what you thought they would based on what they offered him already

Me:

You:

another one
oh I get it now. Isn't this their rumored first offer? (and I'm surprised ur using the first rumored number to come out to make this point, btw )...u don't pay much attention to baseball, so I saw why you ran in here like this is legit.

I mean, can we get some confirmation? Because this offer they put up is low and just seems like good ol' negotiation. Team personnel (and agents) will float numbers to 'hot stove' reporters to drive up or down a player's market...

this isn't the yanks 'arguing with' judge and his perceived value...this is just par for the course negotiation. It's still low, and may rub Judge the wrong way, but that's why I said his goal is to be the highest paid player in the league. U can hang on to the yankee-specific offer thing if u want...wasn't my main point. I used the yanks as an example for obvious reasons--he was already on the team, and given his historic run, they'd be the favorites to bid the most on him. But I was always clear that if they didn't offer him what he wanted, he's walking. The 'highest paid player' was always my main point. From same thread:

Bklynzfinest said
The thing is, 1st thing is a given in his situation...he's gonna make the most per year...so that's at least 44M, that's why i said 45 is the start...if it's gonna be 45, he's gonna want years comparable to those other top players, which is in double digits...but he's too old, at 31 to get that...so that's why he'd go $45 for 8...that's the minimum...he may get them to go as high as 47 for 8...but if he wants to make a statement and go the 50M threshold, I don't think the yanks want to pay him that much for any longer than 5 years...maaaybe the do 50 for 6...but it severely hampers your payroll when 1 player is making so much for too long...so something in the middle of the range like $47 for 8 is probably more realistic for his case.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-25online now  21
FBG Duck’s mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
202 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Jan 28 - Americans falling behind on car payments at a record pace
179 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Jan 28 - 29-year-old woman arrested after enrolling at New Jersey high school
66 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Jan 28 - Donald argues NYC cant sue the Trump Organization cuz it does..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy