Anyone into sim racing? I just bought Assetto Corsa. "Just"... and it shows

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '04        #1
879 page views
22 comments

stRodda 
Props total: 2990 2 K  Slaps total: 183 183
Anyone into sim racing? I just bought a*setto Corsa. "Just"... and it shows

Anyway, just got a TM t300 wheel delivered today. I only took time to set up the wheel and drive through the hillside for a few minutes.

What I was curious about, is what was your preferred monitor set-up? In the past I had 3x24", but not for gaming. Got rid of them for my current UW 49". But I'm considering going back to a triple set-up, and either 27" or 32".

I like the idea of 3x32", but based on the bit I played today, it seems like my eyes are mostly focused straight ahead. Not sure if it's worth spending all the extra cash on monitors that are only used peripherally. Or one last option is a single large TV
+7   

best
worst
22 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Ats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 38079 38 K  Slaps total: 3939 3 K
I downloaded that game and quickly realized it's a real racing sim and the only way to play it is with a proper setup.
+9   

2 months ago '16        #3
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 99341 99 K  Slaps total: 11095 11 K
That sh*t a hardcore sim I played a few times if u really in to racing none of the arcade bullsh*t this game and gt7 your best bet
+3   

2 months ago '13        #4
Ethernine 
Props total: 9985 9 K  Slaps total: 2687 2 K
I been beggin for a fu*king VR racing game for so long..

2 months ago '05        #5
P-Hill 
Props total: 39317 39 K  Slaps total: 2543 2 K
One of the better racing sims out there -

Very dope game and takes some getting used to - I had it back when it was extremely bare interface wise and left much to be desired when it came to championship race series' and the like but as a racing sim - it's up there for physics and car handling
+3   

2 months ago '04        #6
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 44347 44 K  Slaps total: 4597 4 K
Get iracing.

2 months ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 111606 111 K  Slaps total: 43285 43 K
I got this on PC and PS but yea I need a wheel+setup

2 months ago '04        #8
stRodda  OP
 Mozzie said
I downloaded that game and quickly realized it's a real racing sim and the only way to play it is with a proper setup.
It definitely is. Didn't fully know what I was getting into when buying, but I like it a lot. Definitely takes some getting used to when my other racing experiences are mostly NFS/Forza, which are basically cartoons by comparison. It felt like I was going super slow, until I got to a turn and went straight into the wall.

Hoggystyle said
That sh*t a hardcore sim I played a few times if u really in to racing none of the arcade bullsh*t this game and gt7 your best bet
I like racing games a lot, but from what I've been reading, the serious folks don't refer to AC as a game, it's a simulator. I've been trying to force myself to take it seriously, cause when I don't it's nonstop spinning out and crashes.

Ethernine said
I been beggin for a fu*king VR racing game for so long..
Have you tried this one? I used steamVR, wired my laptop to quest2, sh*t's ridiculous.

deziking said
Get iracing.
Heard of, haven't looked into. Have you played both, how do they compare? I read an article and a comment made, had me thinking iracing is subscription based only, is that true? I won't be playing any game enough to pay a monthly fee.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #9
LocdUpProd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15212 15 K  Slaps total: 1991 1 K
I know someone in the discord that plays

Me myself I be on Nascar Heat 5
+2   

2 months ago '04        #10
 stRodda said
It definitely is. Didn't fully know what I was getting into when buying, but I like it a lot. Definitely takes some getting used to when my other racing experiences are mostly NFS/Forza, which are basically cartoons by comparison. It felt like I was going super slow, until I got to a turn and went straight into the wall.

I like racing games a lot, but from what I've been reading, the serious folks don't refer to AC as a game, it's a simulator. I've been trying to force myself to take it seriously, cause when I don't it's nonstop spinning out and crashes.

Have you tried this one? I used steamVR, wired my laptop to quest2, sh*t's ridiculous.

Heard of, haven't looked into. Have you played both, how do they compare? I read an article and a comment made, had me thinking iracing is subscription based only, is that true? I won't be playing any game enough to pay a monthly fee.
Yea I have both. I tried iracing but you have to pay monthly sub and buy cars and tracks. It's more for hardcore racers. There is modmanager for corsa you can download and play with others. So research on the modmanager it's free
+1   

2 months ago '04        #11
Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20682 20 K  Slaps total: 1721 1 K
 deziking said
Get iracing.
Slapped scrolling my bad
+1   

2 months ago '10        #12
ClustyMolecules 
Props total: 12992 12 K  Slaps total: 722 722
Yo my buddy just bought a chair rig and a really nice f1 wheel. That sh*t is wild. 30x better than I imagined. Very fu*king hard though, especially a*setto Corsa my god

+2   

2 months ago '13        #13
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 78101 78 K  Slaps total: 12937 12 K
i just stick with a controller and tv. i tried a*setto corso 1ce but couldnt get into it

2 months ago '06        #14
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 129183 129 K  Slaps total: 5638 5 K
 deziking said
Get iracing.
not sure why your post is getting slapped

yeah iracing is up there as well

2 months ago '14        #15
Mr Harrow 
Props total: 28227 28 K  Slaps total: 2319 2 K
I bought this game, spent time setting up mods just to give up.

I prefer dirt rally 2 for my realistic racer. I only use my main monitor, I dont have all these fancy screens for my racing set up. I do have the t300 rs like u though. On a wheel bracket that holds it with the pedals. Been playing unbound this week, looking forward to the new wrc by codemasters next yr.

2 months ago '17        #16
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 252995 252 K  Slaps total: 21982 21 K
I need to build a custom rig soon. Games like a*setto need to be played with a good force feedback wheel and pedals.

2 months ago '04        #17
 realgunta said
not sure why your post is getting slapped

yeah iracing is up there as well
Noobs don't like it ? It more in depth racing for hardcorers.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #18
Freddy Highmore 
Props total: 4821 4 K  Slaps total: 405 405
They need another drive club

2 months ago '04        #19
stRodda  OP
 Naga Sadow said
I need to build a custom rig soon. Games like a*setto need to be played with a good force feedback wheel and pedals.

Got this set last week, good thing I did when I did, it was on sale $100 off.

Was going to get the TH8 just because it would be a matching set...

However, I've watched a couple reviews on this one and I think I'm gonna go this route instead. And it comes with bracket and e-brake.

+1   

2 months ago '04        #20
stRodda  OP
 ClustyMolecules said

That sh*t is incredible. Is it as light as it looks, or the carbon just for looks?
+2   

2 months ago '10        #21
ClustyMolecules 
Props total: 12992 12 K  Slaps total: 722 722
 stRodda said
That sh*t is incredible. Is it as light as it looks, or the carbon just for looks?
I honestly donít remember holding it off the rig. That pic is one I had my buddy send me a while back when he first got it. And itís the only wheel sim wheel Iíve ever used so I donít really have anything to compare it to weight wise. I will say though that it is of quality for sure. The paddles are aftermarket/upgraded and are very clicky and satisfying.

2 months ago '04        #22
CrAkKedOuT 
Props total: 25444 25 K  Slaps total: 4118 4 K
 P-Hill said
One of the better racing sims out there -

Very dope game and takes some getting used to - I had it back when it was extremely bare interface wise and left much to be desired when it came to championship race series' and the like but as a racing sim - it's up there for physics and car handling
Need to find that gif of your race
+1   

2 months ago '04        #23
stRodda  OP
Been able to practice a little through the week. Still suck but I don't hit walls at every turn anymore. Not sure if anyone gives a damn, but here are a couple clips in various cars.

Evo IX

NSX-R

GTR

Still tinkering with angle, seat position and FOV... but I'm getting it pretty close to looking like an actual dash sitting behind the wheel. I want to get a shifter ASAP, but I'm second guessing myself on which to get.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-24online now  60
FBG Duckís mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
183 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+59online now  56
Video inside Dating Show: Who Would Boxden Pick Out Of The 4
152 comments