Top Gun: Maverick Getting Theatrical Re-Release Ahead Of Avatar 2

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
53 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '18        #1
561 page views
14 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x181
Props total: 229438 229 K  Slaps total: 8495 8 K
Top Gun: Maverick Getting Theatrical Re-Release Ahead Of Avatar 2

"Top Gun: Maverick is getting a theatrical re-release ahead of Avatar 2. After decades of speculation about the possibility of Top Gun 2 ever happening, Tom Cruise finally returned to the role of Pete “Maverick” Mitchell in 2022. And like Maverick himself, Cruise’s Top Gun sequel defied the odds by soaring to a massive worldwide box office haul of $1.48 billion.

The summer box office season was indeed dominated by Top Gun: Maverick, which opened to $160 million domestically over Memorial Day weekend and on Labor Day was still holding down the top spot. But the movie’s massive gross clearly wasn’t enough for Paramount, who are re-releasing instant classic to theaters from December 2 to December 15. That gives the Top Gun follow-up another two weeks to pad its box office total ahead of the release of James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water, the only movie coming out this holiday season that has a chance to topple Top Gun: Maverick from the year's top spot.

Will Avatar 2 Beat Top Gun 2's Massive Box Office Haul?

Cameron’s 2009 film Avatar remains one of the biggest grossers of all-time, boasting a domestic box office total of $749 million and a worldwide number of $2.7 billion. Now over ten years later, Cameron is finally releasing the long-awaited Avatar 2. Despite the first Avatar being over a decade in the rearview, the sequel is projected to gross $150-$175 million in its opening weekend. But worldwide box office is where the true Avatar 2 bonanza is expected to come, as the sequel attempts to rival the original movie’s all-time global box office record.

That international appeal is indeed why Avatar 2 is almost a lock to surpass Top Gun: Maverick’s worldwide haul of $1.48 billion. Indeed, anything less than a $2 billion worldwide gross would be a disappointment for Cameron, who says his Avatar sequel needs to make at least that much to break even. Whether Avatar 2 approaches Maverick’s $716 million domestic gross is of course another question. Avatar 2 does have the advantage of a relatively open playing field this holiday season, as other studios have cleared the decks rather than be flattened by Cameron’s juggernaut. That could mean a long run at the top for Cameron’s return to Pandora.

And a long run at the top is indeed what it will take for Avatar: The Way of Water to approach the numbers put up this summer by Cruise and Top Gun: Maverick. As previously mentioned, Top Gun 2 ruled the entire summer, finishing first on both bookend holidays. It remains to be seen whether Avatar 2 will have legs like that, but history suggests that it will, as both the original Avatar and Cameron's Titanic held on for long, lucrative runs after opening late in the year. And Avatar 2 will indeed need to dominate more than just the holiday weekend if it wants a shot at matching Maverick’s historic box office performance.

visit this link https://screenrant.com/to .. lease-details/

best
worst
14 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
jholla31 
Props total: 6191 6 K  Slaps total: 820 820

this movie wanst bad.... but YT are def over-hyping it.....

I keep hearing people say its one of the best movies ever created.... and I'm like how sway? Its a B to B+......

Tom cruise got that scientology juju working overtime
+3   

2 months ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 78687 78 K  Slaps total: 5297 5 K
Cruise trying to hit Cameron with that Thanos endgame
+5   

2 months ago '05        #4
I_REP_VA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8873 8 K  Slaps total: 673 673
Top Gun Maverick was so fire

Tom Cruise is a living legend
+3   

2 months ago '04        #5
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 44401 44 K  Slaps total: 4616 4 K
We get it man. We saw that air sh*t you do but you ain't fu*king with water and them water monstos. So fu*k off come December.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #6
OskarDaHippie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 10932 10 K  Slaps total: 2166 2 K
If you haven’t seen it in D-Box seats. I highly recommend it
+4   

2 months ago '04        #7
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 32653 32 K  Slaps total: 3569 3 K
Is.the movie perfect no but it's pretty damn entertaining start to finish and the cinematography editing and sound are on point 10/10 and will probably clean up in those categories during award season
+2   

2 months ago '12        #8
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 76112 76 K  Slaps total: 14142 14 K
 jholla31 said

I keep hearing people say its one of the best movies ever created.... and I'm like how sway? Its a B to B+......

Watched half of the movie drunk when my girl PPVd it. It wasn’t bad but the hype is heavily over warranted. I seen half of the movie and have no desire to finish it.
+4   

2 months ago '06        #9
jj01 
Props total: 40104 40 K  Slaps total: 11824 11 K
fu*k avatar
+1   

2 months ago '12        #10
acefresh 
Props total: 53937 53 K  Slaps total: 5135 5 K
Honestly couldn’t be bothered to watch avatar 2 at all, let alone in the theaters. First one was mad long ago I’m not even the same person I was when I watched that sh*t Rather watch it whenever I catch it type sh*t.

Def would consider going to see Maverick again tho.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #11
DJ Maximum|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 61797 61 K  Slaps total: 4113 4 K
Maverick was really good

If you have a home theater setup you will understand
+2   

2 months ago '18        #12
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 20946 20 K  Slaps total: 4377 4 K
 DJ Maximum said
Maverick was really good

If you have a home theater setup you will understand
I was just about to ask if the movie was that serious but I get it... they really leaned into the theatrics. I just got a new system set up so I’ll watch tonight

2 months ago '18        #13
mushrooms 
Props total: 9380 9 K  Slaps total: 1217 1 K
 jholla31 said

its def a top 3 action/ popcorn movie and i wouldn't get mad at people calling it number 1

but thats where it stops

at the end of the day its a very pretty b movie
+2   

2 months ago '04        #14
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 78687 78 K  Slaps total: 5297 5 K
 MrPersonality said
I was just about to ask if the movie was that serious but I get it... they really leaned into the theatrics. I just got a new system set up so I’ll watch tonight
Bruh like maximum said a good home set up and that sh*t gonna have you locked in.
Cruise is that dude, in a era of all kinds of agendas in movies Maverick is pure popcorn entertainment and was well worth the wait for a sequel
+1   

2 months ago '18        #15
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 20946 20 K  Slaps total: 4377 4 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Bruh like maximum said a good home set up and that sh*t gonna have you locked in.
Cruise is that dude, in a era of all kinds of agendas in movies Maverick is pure popcorn entertainment and was well worth the wait for a sequel
Aight bet. Good looking. I’m watching the first one after the Knick game then the sequel right after

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  14
Do Tesla’s & Electric Vehicles Require Any Maintenance?
11 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  13
Jan 30 - Alabama Dope boy Rolando Williams labeled a Kingpin by FBI
100 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Jan 30 - Migrants in NYC are refusing to leave Manhattan hotel relocation to B..
137 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Drake NOCTA x Nike Swim Fin Slides
30 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy