Pulp Fiction Star Samuel L. Jackson Challenges Quentin Tarantino's Marvel Comments

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
2502 page views
57 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x181
Props total: 229186 229 K  Slaps total: 8491 8 K
Pulp Fiction Star Samuel L. Jackson Challenges Quentin Tarantino's Marvel Comments

"The Avengers actor Samuel L. Jackson is seemingly double-daring his Pulp Fiction director to take another shot at Marvel stars.

After Quentin Tarantino recently spoke out against the "Marvel-ization of Hollywood" and stated that the franchise's actors aren't genuine movie stars on the 2 Bears, 1 Cave podcast, Jackson addressed his frequent collaborator's comments on Tuesday's episode of The View.

"It takes an actor to be those particular characters, and the sign of movie stardom has always been, what, a*ses in seats? What are we talking about?" Jackson, who regularly appears in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Nick Fury, said. "That's not a big controversy for me to know that apparently these actors are movie stars. Chadwick Boseman is Black Panther. You can't refute that, and he's a movie star."

Tarantino previously suggested that the Marvel property and its characters are the draw for moviegoers, and not the performers themselves.

"You have all these actors who have become famous playing these characters," the Oscar-winning filmmaker ó who stated elsewhere that he has no interest in directing a Marvel film ó said on the podcast. "But they're not movie stars. Right? Captain America is the star. Or Thor is the star. I mean, I'm not the first person to say that. I think that's been said a zillion timesÖ but it's like, you know, it's these franchise characters that become a star."

Shang-Chi actor Simu Liu hit back at Tarantino shortly thereafter.

"If the only gatekeepers to movie stardom came from Tarantino and Scorsese, I would never have had the opportunity to lead a $400 million plus movie," Liu tweeted after the director's comments went viral, also addressing Martin Scorsese's anti-superhero movie stance. "I am in awe of their filmmaking genius. They are transcendent auteurs. But they don't get to point their nose at me or anyone."

visit this link https://ew.com/movies/pul .. rvel-comments/
+17   

best
worst
57 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
Docviticus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 233019 233 K  Slaps total: 54962 54 K
My ears perk up more for the hired hand director sh*t than the movie star comments.

Cause that’s been the case since phase 2. They been hamstrung by it like 80 percent of the time.

Putting in characters to build up future sh*t undercutting a main characters story. It’s been alllll over phase 4.

Have all women versions of the hero’s. That’s a forced act, on top of that the ones we wanna see. Ain’t the stories we get. Captain Britain went out like a fu*king hoe.

Like that sh*t. Yo.
+14   

2 months ago '05        #3
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 139901 139 K  Slaps total: 15314 15 K
 Doc Mobster said
My ears perk up more for the hired hand director sh*t than the movie star comments.

Cause that’s been the case since phase 2. They been hamstrung by it like 80 percent of the time.

Putting in characters to build up future sh*t undercutting a main characters story. It’s been alllll over phase 4.

Have all women versions of the hero’s. That’s a forced act, on top of that the ones we wanna see. Ain’t the stories we get. Captain Britain went out like a fu*king hoe.

Like that sh*t. Yo.
The women can get a little love though. It's like people act like once Fantastic Four and the X-Men get introduced into the MCU it's going to be the all female version

Captain Britain tho, come on Doc?

Another B to C level Marvel hero acting like he was popular enough for some shine.
+5   

2 months ago '17        #4
Drewsmit 
Props total: 34012 34 K  Slaps total: 4356 4 K
Sam is the most decorated actor in the MCU and didn’t get a stand alone. QT is right.
+16   

2 months ago '05        #5
BurninLz 
Props total: 14463 14 K  Slaps total: 1173 1 K
completely took what he said on the podcast out of context lol he wasn't saying the actors aren't movie stars, just that in the MCU the characters themselves transcend the actors because they have long storied comic book origins and histories. You're going to see Iron Man, not Robert Downey Jr.. but he's still a movie star. You don't know who Django is before you walk into the movie, but you know who Iron Man is
+16   

2 months ago '13        #6
Ethernine 
Props total: 9985 9 K  Slaps total: 2687 2 K
 Doc Mobster said

Like that sh*t. Yo.

Sam should have bet him…. Come dir the sentry movie and see

fu*king qt would murder the sentry story line dead…. But marvel ain’t gonna allow 1000 n.ggas to be said lol

But he would k*ll that storyline

A crackhead bipolar depressed hero with flash backs when he was a super hero f*ghting with the avengers … could y’all imagine what qt could do with this
U don’t know if sentry a*s crazy or just a crack head a*s n*gga imagining things lol

sh*t would flip the mcu on its head for sure.

Last edited by Ethernine; 11-29-2022 at 08:39 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '19        #7
Perc Nowitzki  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 51086 51 K  Slaps total: 11156 11 K
Got a signed headshot of dude at an auction for charity not too long ago.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #8
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 78619 78 K  Slaps total: 5291 5 K
Fuq the dumb sh*t, as a comic book reader I'm thankful that I'm alive to see some of the storylines come to live action.
Marty and Tarantino have alot of hate going on, imo just make good movies but don't hate on the MCU for filling a void
+12   

2 months ago '13        #9
Ethernine 
Props total: 9985 9 K  Slaps total: 2687 2 K
Last thing love qt but he kinda wrong on this one…
The reason I started writing movies was cause of him.. no lie
But I disagree with him..

I read most of his scripts hateful 8 pulp fiction dusk to dawn…
And all of them had developing characters … so the guy George Clooney played dusk to dawn was really the star then and not Clooney?

Truth there could never be another thor after Chris… dude set a standard even tho all the Thor movies wasn’t good.. Chris is thor… other Chris is cap
That’s how we gonna remember it period. Robert is Ironman chad is black panther but they could still recast denzel son nobody would be mad trust me.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #10
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 63163 63 K  Slaps total: 13594 13 K
 Drewsmit said
Sam is the most decorated actor in the MCU and didnít get a stand alone. QT is right.
n*gga Samuel L Jackson is 70 years old lmao.

fu*k you want him to do, do a forest law rainbow kick on Thanos?

2 months ago '14        #11
 Micheal C. Will said
The women can get a little love though. It's like people act like once Fantastic Four and the X-Men get introduced into the MCU it's going to be the all female version

Captain Britain tho, come on Doc?

Another B to C level Marvel hero acting like he was popular enough for some shine.
Hey whoa. You not gone talk about Captain big titty like that.
I wonít have it.

Looka dem dynamite disco danny devastating Ds my n*gga.

Ainít the jet, itís the pilot.

This actress. Shoulda got the right to get some burn. That was the whole hook of what if

and they just said naaaaaaaaah.

That was type disappointing. She had the look and she could act. Alls Iím saying. Take her EASILY over Shuri. Iím talking as a member of a squad.

Like cats forget, half of comic books was the s*x appeal of the bi*ches too. Marvel got wack bi*ches now, yet there is a female equivalent for all the dudes. Donít.nobidy wanna a*s female versions of better written male counterparts.

Stop fu*king with me Mike you know Iím right.

Ainít nobody said the hoes canít get no burn. GET BETTER HOES MARVEL.

2 months ago '14        #12
 Ethernine said
Sam should have bet him…. Come dir the sentry movie and see

fu*king qt would murder the sentry story line dead…. But marvel ain’t gonna allow 1000 n.ggas to be said lol

But he would k*ll that storyline

A crackhead bipolar depressed hero with flash backs when he was a super hero f*ghting with the avengers … could y’all imagine what qt could do with this
U don’t know if sentry a*s crazy or just a crack head a*s n*gga imagining things lol

sh*t would flip the mcu on its head for sure.
Fam. QT is meant for only one Marvel movie really.

Blade.

….

Edit: he directed dusk till dawn and Django. rated r, with blade and the “he is him” movie director.

Last edited by Docviticus; 11-29-2022 at 11:43 PM..

2 months ago '07        #13
killacar 
Props total: 24802 24 K  Slaps total: 1467 1 K
 BurninLz said
completely took what he said on the podcast out of context lol he wasn't saying the actors aren't movie stars, just that in the MCU the characters themselves transcend the actors because they have long storied comic book origins and histories. You're going to see Iron Man, not Robert Downey Jr.. but he's still a movie star. You don't know who Django is before you walk into the movie, but you know who Iron Man is
I think that's the case now, but you couldn't say that with the OG Iron Man movie, or even after for Iron Man specifically. It is true for some of the characters tho, but comics draw wasn't never THAT BIG to guarantee those a*ses to the seats outside of Batman/Superman/Spider-Man and then X-Men.

Marvel does have some movies with lesser known actors but even then they'll usually pad them out with some established ones too, if not why not just completely fill the gauntlet with unknowns? Name recognition still carries that weight, but everyone is not gonna be a movie star either. I saw some people saying such and such had movies after that bombed but not many saying if the movie was actually good or bad. RDJ pretty much didn't/doesnt really have to do sh*t because of his Marvel checks, but still had good movies dropping since Iron Man, just didn't do many. The action movie lane is overall dead compared to the Arnold/Stallone days. Now it's like the Rock and Statham. A lot of these Marvel actors would be in that realm. I dont think we will ever have a Thriller/Drama/Suspense (not comic book related) break a billion and that's really what this is coming down to.
+1   

2 months ago '22        #14
ThePelicanBayMJ 
Props total: 10088 10 K  Slaps total: 1122 1 K
 Drewsmit said
Sam is the most decorated actor in the MCU and didnít get a stand alone. QT is right.
That secret invasion trailer looking like a movie
+3   

2 months ago '18        #15
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 91669 91 K  Slaps total: 5541 5 K
 Drewsmit said
I would think the man Sam mentioned as a movie star would be the more decorated of the 2 if we compared them and he got a stand alone.

2 months ago '04        #16
NAKHI ALLAH 
 Doc Mobster said
I wonít have it.

Ainít the jet, itís the pilot.

This actress. Shoulda got the right to get some burn. That was the whole hook of what if

That was type disappointing. She had the look and she could act. Alls Iím saying. Take her EASILY over Shuri. Iím talking as a member of a squad.

Like cats forget, half of comic books was the s*x appeal of the bi*ches too. Marvel got wack bi*ches now, yet there is a female equivalent for all the dudes. Donít.nobidy wanna a*s female versions of better written male counterparts.

Stop fu*king with me Mike you know Iím right.

Ainít nobody said the hoes canít get no burn. GET BETTER HOES MARVEL.
Love me some Haley.
But she did get two seasons of her own show which wasn't too bad

2 months ago '14        #17
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Love me some Haley.
But she did get two seasons of her own show which wasn't too bad
Wasnít too bad.

Her doctor strange 2 sh*t was tho.

2 months ago '04        #18
NAKHI ALLAH 
 Doc Mobster said
Wasnít too bad.

Her doctor strange 2 sh*t was tho.
Yea but I don't blame her I blame the screenplay.

2 months ago '05        #19
 Doc Mobster said
I won’t have it.

Ain’t the jet, it’s the pilot.

That was type disappointing. She had the look and she could act. Alls I’m saying. Take her EASILY over Shuri. I’m talking as a member of a squad.

Like cats forget, half of comic books was the s*x appeal of the bi*ches too. Marvel got wack bi*ches now, yet there is a female equivalent for all the dudes. Don’t.nobidy wanna a*s female versions of better written male counterparts.

Stop fu*king with me Mike you know I’m right.

Ain’t nobody said the hoes can’t get no burn. GET BETTER HOES MARVEL.
I thought you was talking about the male version from the comics. Because you did say Captain Britian.

She wasn't named Captain Britian; it was Captain Carter.

Slapped for misleading
+2   

2 months ago '04        #20
octane 
Props total: 15556 15 K  Slaps total: 2474 2 K

+1   

2 months ago '14        #21
 Micheal C. Will said
I thought you was talking about the male version from the comics. Because you did say Captain Britian.

She wasn't named Captain Britian; it was Captain Carter.

Slapped for misleading

Did I say captain carter ? No. Why ? Cause that name is wack.

Itís captain Britain or captain big titty.

I said what was said.

2 months ago '05        #22
 Doc Mobster said

Did I say captain carter ? No. Why ? Cause that name is wack.

Itís captain Britain or captain big titty.

I said what was said.
Should of just said Captain Big Titty from the beginning then

+2   

2 months ago '19        #23
Chrome2279 
Props total: 1017 1 K  Slaps total: 114 114
Imagine a Tarrintino Punisher film!!!
+2   

2 months ago '04        #24
strat 
Props total: 6023 6 K  Slaps total: 1352 1 K
You guys don't get what a movie star is. A movie star is someone who can open any movie to a $20 million dollar first week. Tom Cruis, Tom Hanks, prime Will Smith, prime Jim Carrey...

There is arguably only 1 movie star right now. The Rock.

Daniel Day Lewis is the greatest actor of the last 30 years, he is a list. He is not a movie star. Movies stars are guys like Arnold, Sly, prime Eddie Murphy etc.
+9   

2 months ago '14        #25
 Micheal C. Will said
Should of just said Captain Big Titty from the beginning then

So Captain big titty.

Ö..Itís that fuxking shield that makes me call her captain Britain too tho.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Vans x Gallery Dept "Good Luck"
30 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+19online now  11
Jan 29 - Comedian Rickey Smiley shares death of son Brandon Smiley: 'Pray for ..
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Jan 29 - Proof of George Santos racists past revealed in a tweet
99 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Jan 25 - Ukraine will now push for F-16 f*ghter jets, government adviser says
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy