online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Pulp Fiction Star Samuel L. Jackson Challenges Quentin Tarantino's Marvel Comments

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 year ago '18        #1
2949 page views
57 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x255
Props total: 316962 316 K  Slaps total: 10372 10 K
icon Pulp Fiction Star Samuel L. Jackson Challenges Quentin Tarantino's Marvel Comments

"The Avengers actor Samuel L. Jackson is seemingly double-daring his Pulp Fiction director to take another shot at Marvel stars.

After Quentin Tarantino recently spoke out against the "Marvel-ization of Hollywood" and stated that the franchise's actors aren't genuine movie stars on the 2 Bears, 1 Cave podcast, Jackson addressed his frequent collaborator's comments on Tuesday's episode of The View.

"It takes an actor to be those particular characters, and the sign of movie stardom has always been, what, asses in seats? What are we talking about?" Jackson, who regularly appears in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Nick Fury, said. "That's not a big controversy for me to know that apparently these actors are movie stars. Chadwick Boseman is Black Panther. You can't refute that, and he's a movie star."

Tarantino previously suggested that the Marvel property and its characters are the draw for moviegoers, and not the performers themselves.

"You have all these actors who have become famous playing these characters," the Oscar-winning filmmaker — who stated elsewhere that he has no interest in directing a Marvel film — said on the podcast. "But they're not movie stars. Right? Captain America is the star. Or Thor is the star. I mean, I'm not the first person to say that. I think that's been said a zillion times… but it's like, you know, it's these franchise characters that become a star."

Shang-Chi actor Simu Liu hit back at Tarantino shortly thereafter.

"If the only gatekeepers to movie stardom came from Tarantino and Scorsese, I would never have had the opportunity to lead a $400 million plus movie," Liu tweeted after the director's comments went viral, also addressing Martin Scorsese's anti-superhero movie stance. "I am in awe of their filmmaking genius. They are tr@nscendent auteurs. But they don't get to point their nose at me or anyone."

https://ew.com/movies/pul .. rvel-comments/
+17   

icon
best
icon
worst
57 comments

1 year ago '05        #2
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 160747 160 K  Slaps total: 16436 16 K
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
My ears perk up more for the hired hand director sh1t than the movie star comments.

Cause that’s been the case since phase 2. They been hamstrung by it like 80 percent of the time.

Putting in characters to build up future sh1t undercutting a main characters story. It’s been alllll over phase 4.

Have all women versions of the hero’s. That’s a forced act, on top of that the ones we wanna see. Ain’t the stories we get. Captain Britain went out like a fu#king h0e.

Like that sh1t. Yo.
emoji
The women can get a little love though. It's like people act like once Fantastic Four and the X-Men get introduced into the MCU it's going to be the all female version
emoji

Captain Britain tho, come on Doc?
emoji

Another B to C level Marvel hero acting like he was popular enough for some shine.
+5   

1 year ago '17        #3
Drewsmit 
Props total: 45842 45 K  Slaps total: 5883 5 K
Sam is the most decorated actor in the MCU and didn’t get a stand alone. QT is right.
+16   

1 year ago '05        #4
BurninLz 
Props total: 15478 15 K  Slaps total: 1315 1 K
completely took what he said on the podcast out of context lol he wasn't saying the actors aren't movie stars, just that in the MCU the characters themselves tr@nscend the actors because they have long storied comic book origins and histories. You're going to see Iron Man, not Robert Downey Jr.. but he's still a movie star. You don't know who Django is before you walk into the movie, but you know who Iron Man is
+16   

1 year ago '13        #5
Ethernine 
Props total: 11895 11 K  Slaps total: 3484 3 K
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
My ears perk up more for the hired hand director sh1t than the movie star comments.

Cause that’s been the case since phase 2. They been hamstrung by it like 80 percent of the time.

Putting in characters to build up future sh1t undercutting a main characters story. It’s been alllll over phase 4.

Have all women versions of the hero’s. That’s a forced act, on top of that the ones we wanna see. Ain’t the stories we get. Captain Britain went out like a fu#king h0e.

Like that sh1t. Yo.
emoji

Sam should have bet him…. Come dir the sentry movie and see

fu#king qt would murder the sentry story line dead…. But marvel ain’t gonna allow 1000 n.ggas to be said lol

But he would ki1l that storyline

A crackhead bipolar depressed hero with flash backs when he was a super hero fighting with the avengers … could y’all imagine what qt could do with this
U don’t know if sentry a$s crazy or just a crack head a$s n1gga imagining things lol

sh1t would flip the mcu on its head for sure.

Last edited by Ethernine; 11-29-2022 at 07:39 PM..
+4   

1 year ago '19        #6
Guappenheimer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 62582 62 K  Slaps total: 12628 12 K
Got a signed headshot of dude at an auction for charity not too long ago.
+3   

1 year ago '04        #7
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 124617 124 K  Slaps total: 8117 8 K
Fuq the dumb sh1t, as a comic book reader I'm thankful that I'm alive to see some of the storylines come to live action.
Marty and Tarantino have alot of hate going on, imo just make good movies but don't hate on the MCU for filling a void
+12   

1 year ago '13        #8
Ethernine 
Props total: 11895 11 K  Slaps total: 3484 3 K
Last thing love qt but he kinda wrong on this one…
The reason I started writing movies was cause of him.. no lie
But I disagree with him..

I read most of his scripts hateful 8 pulp fiction dusk to dawn…
And all of them had developing characters … so the guy George Clooney played dusk to dawn was really the star then and not Clooney?

Truth there could never be another thor after Chris… dude set a standard even tho all the Thor movies wasn’t good.. Chris is thor… other Chris is cap
That’s how we gonna remember it period. Robert is Ironman chad is black panther but they could still recast denzel son nobody would be mad trust me.
+1   

1 year ago '17        #9
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 72557 72 K  Slaps total: 15457 15 K
 Drewsmit said 🔗
Sam is the most decorated actor in the MCU and didn’t get a stand alone. QT is right.
n1gga Samuel L Jackson is 70 years old lmao.

fu#k you want him to do, do a forest law rainbow kick on Thanos?
emoji

1 year ago '07        #10
killacar 
Props total: 26466 26 K  Slaps total: 1551 1 K
 BurninLz said 🔗
completely took what he said on the podcast out of context lol he wasn't saying the actors aren't movie stars, just that in the MCU the characters themselves tr@nscend the actors because they have long storied comic book origins and histories. You're going to see Iron Man, not Robert Downey Jr.. but he's still a movie star. You don't know who Django is before you walk into the movie, but you know who Iron Man is
I think that's the case now, but you couldn't say that with the OG Iron Man movie, or even after for Iron Man specifically. It is true for some of the characters tho, but comics draw wasn't never THAT BIG to guarantee those asses to the seats outside of Batman/Superman/Spider-Man and then X-Men.

Marvel does have some movies with lesser known actors but even then they'll usually pad them out with some established ones too, if not why not just completely fill the gauntlet with unknowns? Name recognition still carries that weight, but everyone is not gonna be a movie star either. I saw some people saying such and such had movies after that bombed but not many saying if the movie was actually good or bad. RDJ pretty much didn't/doesnt really have to do sh1t because of his Marvel checks, but still had good movies dropping since Iron Man, just didn't do many. The action movie lane is overall dead compared to the Arnold/Stallone days. Now it's like the Rock and Statham. A lot of these Marvel actors would be in that realm. I dont think we will ever have a Thriller/Drama/Suspense (not comic book related) break a billion and that's really what this is coming down to.
+1   

1 year ago '22        #11
ThePelicanBayMJ 
Props total: 22680 22 K  Slaps total: 3088 3 K
 Drewsmit said 🔗
That secret invasion trailer looking like a movie
+3   

1 year ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 140054 140 K  Slaps total: 7941 7 K
 Drewsmit said 🔗
I would think the man Sam mentioned as a movie star would be the more decorated of the 2 if we compared them and he got a stand alone.

1 year ago '04        #13
NAKHI ALLAH 
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
Hey whoa. You not gone talk about Captain big t1tty like that.
I won’t have it.
emoji

Looka dem dynamite disco danny devastating Ds my n1gga.

Ain’t the jet, it’s the pilot.

This actress. Shoulda got the right to get some burn. That was the whole hook of what if

↪🔗

and they just said naaaaaaaaah.
emoji

That was type disappointing. She had the look and she could act. Alls I’m saying. Take her EASILY over Shuri. I’m talking as a member of a squad.

Like cats forget, half of comic books was the s3x appeal of the bi#ches too. Marvel got wack bi#ches now, yet there is a female equivalent for all the dudes. Don’t.nobidy wanna a$s female versions of better written male counterparts.

Stop fu#king with me Mike you know I’m right.
emoji

Ain’t nobody said the h0es can’t get no burn. GET BETTER h0es MARVEL.
Love me some Haley.
But she did get two seasons of her own show which wasn't too bad

1 year ago '04        #14
NAKHI ALLAH 
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
Wasn’t too bad.

Her doctor strange 2 sh1t was tho.
Yea but I don't blame her I blame the screenplay.

1 year ago '05        #15
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
I won’t have it.
emoji

This actress. Shoulda got the right to get some burn. That was the whole hook of what if

↪🔗

emoji

That was type disappointing. She had the look and she could act. Alls I’m saying. Take her EASILY over Shuri. I’m talking as a member of a squad.

Like cats forget, half of comic books was the s3x appeal of the bi#ches too. Marvel got wack bi#ches now, yet there is a female equivalent for all the dudes. Don’t.nobidy wanna a$s female versions of better written male counterparts.

emoji

I thought you was talking about the male version from the comics. Because you did say Captain Britian.

emoji

She wasn't named Captain Britian; it was Captain Carter.

Slapped for misleading
+2   

1 year ago '04        #16
octane 
Props total: 22610 22 K  Slaps total: 3396 3 K

+1   

1 year ago '05        #17
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
emoji

Did I say captain carter ? No. Why ? Cause that name is wack.

It’s captain Britain or captain big t1tty.

I said what was said.
Should of just said Captain Big t1tty from the beginning then

emoji
+2   

1 year ago '19        #18
Chrome2279 
Props total: 1079 1 K  Slaps total: 127 127
Imagine a Tarrintino Punisher film!!!
+2   

1 year ago '04        #19
strat 
Props total: 7529 7 K  Slaps total: 1683 1 K
You guys don't get what a movie star is. A movie star is someone who can open any movie to a $20 million dollar first week. Tom Cruis, Tom Hanks, prime Will Smith, prime Jim Carrey...

There is arguably only 1 movie star right now. The Rock.

Daniel Day Lewis is the greatest actor of the last 30 years, he is a list. He is not a movie star. Movies stars are guys like Arnold, Sly, prime Eddie Murphy etc.
+9   

1 year ago '17        #20
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 20600 20 K  Slaps total: 1855 1 K
Like I said before all this hate coming for Marvel by these directors is all due to the fact their own films can't generate the same revenue. Especially in today's climate. Don't believe me? Check their recent works.
+2   

1 year ago '16        #21
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 192788 192 K  Slaps total: 20766 20 K
This has started an uproar. Qt is hating. He didn't realize you can create so much cinema without saying the n word.
+1   

1 year ago '05        #22
Daddy Black 
Props total: 21073 21 K  Slaps total: 1830 1 K
 Doc Mobster said 🔗
I won’t have it.
emoji

↪🔗

emoji

emoji

+2   

1 year ago '15        #23
drose1985 
Props total: 59397 59 K  Slaps total: 5511 5 K
Yet sam defended that racist against spike lee foh.
+2   

1 year ago '18        #24
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 20972 20 K  Slaps total: 4381 4 K
 Drewsmit said 🔗
Every character doesn’t need a stand alone... especially if he’s been in every fu#king marvel movie... it’d be overki1l

fu#k that racist QT

These hatin’ a$s directors are bitter. Pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, etc. Classics.
But these movies don’t incite excitement and are part of something bigger

Even a diehard QT fan can’t watch one his movies more than once every 2-3 years. If you’re a diehard marvel fan, these movies have more replay value. Might fu#k around every year or so and just binge through a 3 or 4 movies in a row on a slow weekend

Last edited by MrPersonality; 11-30-2022 at 04:01 AM..

1 year ago '18        #25
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 20972 20 K  Slaps total: 4381 4 K
 Micheal C. Will said 🔗
The women can get a little love though. It's like people act like once Fantastic Four and the X-Men get introduced into the MCU it's going to be the all female version
emoji

Captain Britain tho, come on Doc?
emoji

Another B to C level Marvel hero acting like he was popular enough for some shine.
What they’re doing wit the h0es is what fu#ked up phase 4... enough of these bi#ches

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+435
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋