Nebraska Cornhuskers introduce Matt Rhule as new coach

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '06        #1
714 page views
42 comments

imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 47017 47 K  Slaps total: 12591 12 K
Nebraska Cornhuskers introduce Matt Rhule as new coach

visit this link https://www.espn.com/coll .. hule-new-coach

My bad if this is a re-post but I just came across this today. Initially shook my head at how he got a job so quick. What shocked me was that they gave him a 8 year $74M contract. His career pro and college coaching records are trash, who allowed this?

best
worst
42 comments

2 months ago '22        #2
Loon Byke 
Props total: 802 802  Slaps total: 89 89
Who allowed it? His complexion.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #3
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 53892 53 K  Slaps total: 8478 8 K
 Loon Byke said
Who allowed it? His complexion.
Possibly the fact that he was a fantastic college coach
+5   

2 months ago '06        #4
DonYBE 
Props total: 25366 25 K  Slaps total: 2402 2 K
 imthatinfamous said

My bad if this is a re-post but I just came across this today. Initially shook my head at how he got a job so quick. What shocked me was that they gave him a 8 year $74M contract. His career pro and college coaching records are trash, who allowed this?

I really need to know if you're serious?

2 months ago '04        #5
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 83422 83 K  Slaps total: 20695 20 K
 imthatinfamous said

+1   

2 months ago '04        #6
NoLedge18720 
Props total: 17717 17 K  Slaps total: 2771 2 K
Not sure if you are serious about his college success. What he did at Baylor after all the sanctions and transfers was impressive and he was really good at Temple too.

At Baylor he took over a program in shambles and took them to a New Years Bowl within 3 years. At Temple he took over for sh*tty a*s Addazio who ruined what Golden had built within 2 years and went on to beat Penn State and go to two straight conference championship games.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #7
 NoLedge18720 said
Not sure if you are serious about his college success. What he did at Baylor after all the sanctions and transfers was impressive and he was really good at Temple too.

At Baylor he took over a program in shambles and took them to a New Years Bowl within 3 years. At Temple he took over for sh*tty a*s Addazio who ruined what Golden had built within 2 years and went on to beat Penn State and go to two straight conference championship games.
but they gave him a contract like he won championships lol its been plenty of coaches who turned programs around, thats nothing special..

2 months ago '20        #8
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 82762 82 K  Slaps total: 26449 26 K
Good hire

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '11        #9
The Bearded One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19108 19 K  Slaps total: 1810 1 K
He is probably more of a college coach compared to the NFL. Nebraska needs someone to turn the program around and Rhule has done that every college he has been at. Give him time and see if he can turn it around. This isnt the 90's where everyone wantrs to go to nebraska
+1   

2 months ago '19        #10
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16449 16 K  Slaps total: 1785 1 K
 slimboyballer said
but they gave him a contract like he won championships lol its been plenty of coaches who turned programs around, thats nothing special..

:

1. Nick Saban salary: $11.7 million (Alabama)
2. Kirby Smart salary: $11.25 million (Georgia)
3. Dabo Swinney salary: $10.5 million (Clemson)

4. Lincoln Riley salary (estimated): $10-plus million (USC)
5. Brian Kelly salary: $9.5 million (LSU)
6. Mel Tucker salary: $9.5 million (Michigan State)
7. Ryan Day salary: $9.5 million (Ohio State)
8. David Shaw salary: $8.925 million
9. Mario Cristobal salary: $8 million (Miami)
10. Jimbo Fisher salary: $7.5 million (Texas A&M)
11. Lane Kiffin salary: $7.25 million (Ole Miss)
12. Jim Harbaugh salary: $7.05 million (Michigan)
13. James Franklin salary: $7 million (Penn State)
14. Pat Fitzgerald salary: $5.748 million (Northwestern)

Rhule's new deal works out to an average of $9.25 million per year for the next 8 years.

Not a lotta championship coaches on that list.

There seems to be a lotta money being paid to coaches (especially in the Big Ten and SEC) that haven't really accomplished much. I a*sume that Nebraska is thinking that if Rhule can get the Cornhuskers to a point where they're--consistently--contending for Big Ten West titles, it would be money well-spent. They've been awfully bad for a while now, and Cornhusker football really matters in that state.

2 months ago '04        #11
 Mr Insecurity said

:

1. Nick Saban salary: $11.7 million (Alabama)
2. Kirby Smart salary: $11.25 million (Georgia)
3. Dabo Swinney salary: $10.5 million (Clemson)

4. Lincoln Riley salary (estimated): $10-plus million (USC)
5. Brian Kelly salary: $9.5 million (LSU)
6. Mel Tucker salary: $9.5 million (Michigan State)
7. Ryan Day salary: $9.5 million (Ohio State)

Rhule's new deal works out to an average of $9.25 million per year for the next 8 years.

Not a lotta championship coaches on that list.

There seems to be a lotta money being paid to coaches (especially in the Big Ten and SEC) that haven't really accomplished much. I a*sume that Nebraska is thinking that if Rhule can get the Cornhuskers to a point where they're--consistently--contending for Big Ten West titles, it would be money well-spent. They've been awfully bad for a while now, and Cornhusker football really matters in that state.
its people on that list making less that's 10x better than him as a coach and accomplished 10x more...again thats a bad deal for a avg at best coach like Rhule lol

2 months ago '22        #12
Kingtrips2 
Props total: 3853 3 K  Slaps total: 496 496
He’s going to make them better,

2 months ago '20        #13
 slimboyballer said
its people on that list making less that's 10x better than him as a coach and accomplished 10x more...again thats a bad deal for a avg at best coach like Rhule lol
Who?

2 months ago '19        #14
 slimboyballer said
These are the people making less than Rhule:

I'm not even a Rhule fan, but I'm curious as to which of those people are "10x better" and have "accomplished 10x more".

2 months ago '22        #15
Loon Byke 
Props total: 802 802  Slaps total: 89 89
 Chozen said
Sure, it made it even easier then Im sure to not consider anybody with melanin lol

2 months ago '20        #16
 Loon Byke said
Sure, it made it even easier then Im sure to not consider anybody with melanin lol
I want black coaches hired because a school thinks they're the best candidate not just cuz they're black. That's how n*ggas get Willie Taggart'd
+2   

2 months ago '10        #17
lboog1423  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48285 48 K  Slaps total: 3548 3 K
 Loon Byke said
Fam had he not left Baylor for NFL and went to another College instead he still would be getting top dollar. Like others have mentioned, his college resume is SOLID. He easily woulda been one of the higher sought after coaches.
+1   

2 months ago '08        #18
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 52198 52 K  Slaps total: 7413 7 K
<<<<-#ByeRhule

He fu*ked up hell never get the Big 10 Top spot in a Playoff over Go Blue and that team beneath my home state

2 months ago '22        #19
Frank White 
Props total: 920 920  Slaps total: 364 364
Great hire

2 months ago '04        #20
 Mr Insecurity said
These are the people making less than Rhule:

I'm not even a Rhule fan, but I'm curious as to which of those people are "10x better" and have "accomplished 10x more".
David Shaw had a better coaching career than Rhule
Jimbo Fisher had 10x better coaching career than Rhule
Lane Kiffin had a better coaching career than Rhule
Jim Harbaugh had 10x better coaching career than Rhule
James Franklin had a better coaching career than Rhule

Rhule cant coach better than any other coaches and anybody who watches college football knows that lmao

Last edited by slimboyballer; 11-30-2022 at 09:57 AM..

2 months ago '14        #21
TooFatToFish 
Props total: 22705 22 K  Slaps total: 4815 4 K
 Chozen said
fantastic????

47-43 is fantastic to you????

L...O...L

come on man

1-3 in bowl games

L...O...L

dude just looks like a head coach and that's it....if he was skinny and had hair he wouldn't have a job
+2   

2 months ago '04        #22
Veno da Don  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42490 42 K  Slaps total: 4154 4 K
Nick Saban for those wondering why a failed NFL coach who was successful in college would get this look. It's a different game.

2 months ago '20        #23
 TooFatToFish said
fantastic????

47-43 is fantastic to you????

L...O...L

come on man

1-3 in bowl games

L...O...L

dude just looks like a head coach and that's it....if he was skinny and had hair he wouldn't have a job
Imagine being such a retard you don't understand growth and building programs.

Mans got better every year at each program but you n*ggas need to get the jokes off so bad that you're fine with looking stupid and ignoring facts
+2   

2 months ago '19        #24
 slimboyballer said
David Shaw had a better coaching career than Rhule
4x Conference Coach of the Year. I agree with this--though things have not gone so well over the past five years--to the point that Shaw recently walked away)
 slimboyballer said
Jimbo Fisher had 10x better coaching career than Rhule
Sure, but I wonder if Aggie Fan echoes this sentiment. He accomplished a lot at FSU, not so much at A&M--the school currently cutting him checks (aren't they trying to figure out how to buy him out?).
 slimboyballer said
Lane Kiffin had a better coaching career than Rhule
Disagree,
 slimboyballer said
Jim Harbaugh had 10x better coaching career than Rhule
Agreed
 slimboyballer said
James Franklin had a better coaching career than Rhule
4x Conference Coach of the Year. I agree with this--though things have not gone so well over the past five years--to the point that Shaw recently walked away)
 slimboyballer said
Rhule cant coach better than any other coaches and anybody who watches college football knows that lmao
I think that people might be overrating what he did at Baylor, but the way he rebuilt that program was kinda impressive. I also think that you're unfairly dismissing what he did at Temple.

That said, I'm not expecting much out of him at Nebraska. Not because he can't coach, but because Nebraska isn't really set up to be a football powerhouse anymore. There isn't a ton of talent in the state and it's hard to get people to want to go to Nebraska.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #25
 Mr Insecurity said

Sure, but I wonder if Aggie Fan echoes this sentiment. He accomplished a lot at FSU, not so much at A&M--the school currently cutting him checks (aren't they trying to figure out how to buy him out?).

Disagree,

Agreed

I think that people might be overrating what he did at Baylor, but the way he rebuilt that program was kinda impressive. I also think that you're unfairly dismissing what he did at Temple.

That said, I'm not expecting much out of him at Nebraska. Not because he can't coach, but because Nebraska isn't really set up to be a football powerhouse anymore. There isn't a ton of talent in the state and it's hard to get people to want to go to Nebraska.
jimbo got a ring, that's something Rhule never coming close to, especially not at Nebraska lol If you going off what Rhule did at Baylor/Temple, then Freeze is a better coach because he turned Liberty U around and had them beating power 5 schools.. Its been plenty of coaches turn around mid-major programs. Look at what Deion did at Jackson state..Rhule is a decent coach but he did nothing in his career that deserves what hes paid...which makes him overrated af for a avg coach

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  19
Video inside sh-t starting to grow on me🤬
72 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Business ideas ??
33 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Conspiracy Night: 2023 Grammys Satanic Breakdown
158 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  7
Image(s) inside Boom P (Melo Of respect Life) Has Passed Away According To Illa Ghee
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy