online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Nov 27 - Recession incoming!! Black Friday sales rake in a record $9B for 2022 season.

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 year ago '05        #1
5658 page views
107 comments

pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 42667 42 K  Slaps total: 4441 4 K
icon Nov 27 - Recession incoming!! Black Friday sales rake in a record $9B for 2022 season.

Black Friday sales raked in a record $9.12 billion from online shoppers this year despite concerns of inflation and higher prices, according to estimates.

The $9.12 billion figure is up from $8.92 billion in 2021 and $9.03 billion the previous year, according to Adobe Analytics. Inflation accounts for some of the increase this year, with people paying more to buy less.

Online sales for electronics spiked 221% on Friday compared to an average day in October 2022, with top sellers including Apple MacBooks and watches, Adobe says.

Other popular items included drones, Xbox Series X, and games such as FIFA 23 and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.

Adobe expects discounts to remain strong throughout the weekend, predicting shoppers will spend another $4.52 billion on Saturday and $4.99 billion on Sunday. Cyber Monday is expected to top Black Friday online sales, with totals reaching $11.2 billion.

Traditional brick-and-mortar store purchases are still expected to account for the majority of retail holiday spending, with the National Retail Federation expecting 67% of Black Friday shoppers to have headed to stores.

More than 166 million Americans are expected to shop either in-person or online over the five days from Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday. It's the NRF's highest prediction since it began tracking data in 2017.

Despite the record online spending this Black Friday, consumers' concerns about the economy are at the highest level since the Great Recession in 2008-2009. More than 60% of Americans said the state of the economy was impacting their holiday spending plans, according to the NRF.

"While there is much speculation about inflation's impact on consumer behavior, our data tells us that this Thanksgiving holiday weekend will see robust store traffic with a record number of shoppers taking advantage of value pricing," NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said in a press release last week.

To alleviate immediate large spending, Americans are turning to buy now, pay later orders, which allow shoppers to pay through interest-free installments. Buy now, pay later orders spiked 78% this week compared to the previous week, according to Adobe. Revenue from these orders is also up 81% in the same period.

Adobe says it reaches its estimates by analyzing over 1 trillion visits to U.S. retail sites in 18 product categories including smart home items, audio equipment and toys.

Source: ↪ https://www.npr.org/2022/ .. nline-shopping
+5   

icon
best
icon
worst
107 comments

1 year ago '04        #2
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 78022 78 K  Slaps total: 18658 18 K
black friday propaganda and consumer propaganda in general has always appealed to the most financially illiterate in this country. I've noticed over the course of many years that the people who buy material items routinely via advertising algorithms are those most desperately devoid of meaning in their lives... so the ability to follow what advertisers put in front of them makes them feel like they live for something. the absence of freedom and choice in their lives is replaced with acquisition and competition.

it's a very difficult area to erode at because if you put all of these places out of business; like we should you take away millions of peoples' only reason to live

Last edited by Exs; 11-27-2022 at 10:16 PM..
+81   

1 year ago '22        #3
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 56455 56 K  Slaps total: 12619 12 K
all I want for xmas is 8k
emoji
+36   

1 year ago '04        #4
realkilla3 
Props total: 33161 33 K  Slaps total: 2947 2 K
How many of y'all been out there supermarket sweeping for Black Friday?

I know it wasn't me I was broke as a joke this year
emoji
+32   

1 year ago '08        #5
daluckychild  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16323 16 K  Slaps total: 417 417
Black Friday sucked the last few years and this one disappointed me big time. I usually get sh1t i need and just wait until now to replace appliances and stuff ike that. This year I needed some garage storage bins, and some landscape lightning and wasn't sh1t on sale.
+31   

1 year ago '19        #6
305Trav  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16401 16 K  Slaps total: 3949 3 K
I bought a MacBook

$500 off at Best Buy

emoji

Last edited by 305Trav; 11-27-2022 at 11:33 PM..
+47   

1 year ago '15        #7
Thatdude28 
Props total: 7868 7 K  Slaps total: 783 783
Same I stopped a few years back and haven’t given a sh1t ever sense. It’s just the same ok useless crap.
+22   

1 year ago '18        #8
UpintheSky 
Props total: 37 37  Slaps total: 3 3
 Exs said 🔗
black friday propaganda and consumer propaganda in general has always appealed to the most financially illiterate in this country. I've noticed over the course of many years that the people who buy material items routinely via advertising algorithms are those most desperately devoid of meaning in their lives... so the ability to follow what advertisers put in front of them makes them feel like they live for something. the absence of freedom and choice in their lives is replaced with acquisition and competition.

it's a very difficult area to erode at because if you put all of these places out of business; like we should you take away millions of peoples' only reason to live
Meant to hit props.
+7   

1 year ago '18        #9
yunhsus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 27188 27 K  Slaps total: 13646 13 K
I live in the UK and I decided I want to start live streaming for fun and see where it takes me. I bought a sh1t ton of an equipment off of Amazon, plus some Christmas presents for friends and fam. Spent around £450-500 on Black Friday on things that would originally £700-800 if they weren’t on sale. Wish me luck with my stream bois
+31   

1 year ago '21        #10
Drill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21455 21 K  Slaps total: 1737 1 K
 Thatdude28 said 🔗
Same I stopped a few years back and haven’t given a sh1t ever sense. It’s just the same ok useless crap.
the REAL deals come after christmas when they have to cut prices to sell off the leftover inventory.

also combined with a lot of cashback/discount deals with shopping sites and credit cards that have to make up for the decreased sales volume during the post-christmas hangover.

emoji
+26   

1 year ago '20        #11
APhiA 
Props total: 1883 1 K  Slaps total: 219 219
Low effort article… have you heard of nominal vs real spending?

Nominal is price as you see and spend… Real is price adjusted by inflation… So if something is $10 bucks and inflation is 10%, Nominal is $10 and Real is $9.

Real Facts:
Increase of 2.3% over last year. October CPI 7.7% YoY (not going to do the work of pulling out retail separately). So increase in nominal spending and decline in real spending.

Last edited by APhiA; 11-28-2022 at 10:38 AM..
+16   

1 year ago '15        #12
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 45468 45 K  Slaps total: 13980 13 K
This really says that people save up to get the deals on black Friday instead of buying throughout the year...
+4   

1 year ago '07        #13
young mad 
Props total: 33234 33 K  Slaps total: 1691 1 K
 305Trav said 🔗
I bought a MacBook

$500 at Best Buy

emoji
Damn I was looking for one
+1   

1 year ago '17        #14
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 87149 87 K  Slaps total: 17676 17 K
 daluckychild said 🔗
Black Friday sucked the last few years and this one disappointed me big time. I usually get sh1t i need and just wait until now to replace appliances and stuff ike that. This year I needed some garage storage bins, and some landscape lightning and wasn't sh1t on sale.
That's why America made Cyber Monday. So you straight fam. Just do your googles.

emoji
+3   

1 year ago '11        #15
Optimus Primal 
Props total: 1894 1 K  Slaps total: 587 587
These numbers are lies. Pure DuckTales to keep all the dummies spending. These are the same people they said the stock market wasn't in trouble. Same people that said the housing market was fine. And I've repeatedly said the recession isn't coming and that we aren't in the recession.

Multiple news sources have shown much lower attendance for this year's "sales". Major YouTubers and Reddit subs that follow pricing and sales stated that this is probably one of the worst black Fridays in terms of discounts ever and nothing is worth buying.

But sure this articles as this the most successful black Friday ever
+22   

1 year ago '21        #16
Keithf87 
Props total: 35219 35 K  Slaps total: 1669 1 K
Oh they'll spend all day. Doesn't mean they have it.
+5   

1 year ago '05        #17
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14 OP
Props total: 42667 42 K  Slaps total: 4441 4 K
 Optimus Primal said 🔗
These numbers are lies. Pure DuckTales to keep all the dummies spending. These are the same people they said the stock market wasn't in trouble. Same people that said the housing market was fine. And I've repeatedly said the recession isn't coming and that we aren't in the recession.

Multiple news sources have shown much lower attendance for this year's "sales". Major YouTubers and Reddit subs that follow pricing and sales stated that this is probably one of the worst black Fridays in terms of discounts ever and nothing is worth buying.

Can you provide a source confirming “the numbers are lies?”

The source of these are analytics from Adobe: ↪🔗
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 year ago '22        #18
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x109
Props total: 187406 187 K  Slaps total: 219887 219 K
Black Friday Gettin Cancelled??

1 year ago '12        #19
naygonzo3 
Props total: 40 40  Slaps total: 8 8
Most ppl I know barely got anything,if at all. Highly doubt this
+9   

1 year ago '09        #20
therockj14  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 613 613  Slaps total: 132 132
Now that inventory is digital, I noticed how the products depreciate quicker than if it was physical goods. Madden is $29.99 now, and the season started two months ago. NBA 2k23 was free for four days. In my opinion, the entire video streaming business is possible from depreciation. When movies get old, no one will buy them at higher prices. Those series like Seinfeld or original Iron Man movies are better off on streaming. Higher amortization charges sooner lower corporate profits now. Higher sales don't mean higher profits when you have more expenses, such as depreciation and higher wages. Although it sounds positive for consumers, it's an old and nearly obsolete product to make space for the new 2023 editions.

Last edited by therockj14; 11-27-2022 at 11:44 PM..
+6   

1 year ago '18        #21
Mcbooger 
Props total: 9095 9 K  Slaps total: 3253 3 K
 daluckychild said 🔗
Hampton Bay, call it a day.
emoji

Thats affordable

1 year ago '07        #22
varun313 
Props total: 14757 14 K  Slaps total: 1821 1 K
Materialism just really ain't it for me anymore. sh1t use to be cool back in the day but either I'm just boring or I have basically everything I need.
+16   

1 year ago '19        #23
305Trav  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16401 16 K  Slaps total: 3949 3 K
 young mad said 🔗
Damn I was looking for one
Its still $400 off

Amazon has the deal with $500 off now

Last edited by 305Trav; 11-27-2022 at 11:50 PM..
+9   

1 year ago '09        #24
therockj14  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 613 613  Slaps total: 132 132
 Optimus Primal said 🔗

I'd argue the contrarian view that a recession may be the best time to buy.

Retail sales just don't move the needle like home and car sales based off the prices. A $500 computer versus a $500,000 house. The builders aren't building new homes right now. Therefore, compared to last year and the previous quarters, I'd imagine economic growth still falls. We're headed towards a recession.

Last edited by therockj14; 11-27-2022 at 11:56 PM..
+1   

1 year ago '05        #25
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 171950 171 K  Slaps total: 43902 43 K
I'm good I don't need anything

I'm honestly tired if the cycle of buying sh1t I don't need and buying gifts for the holidays

Then we spend money on food and liquor and our weed

Then we do the same sh1t for the new years

Them we buy sh1t for the presidents day sale

THEN we celebrating valentines day

Then we do Easter shopping

Then we shop for birthdays

Then we shop for our birthdays

Then we summer clothes

Then we spend money doing summer activities

Then we do memorial weekend

Then we do summer vacation

Then we do graduations

Then we do 4th of July

Then we do labor day weekend

Then we do Halloween

Then we do Thanksgiving

Rinse and repeat...

Enough of that sh1t

Last edited by Dun Language; 11-28-2022 at 12:02 AM..
+56   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5211
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3310
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+418
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋