Nov 27 - China anti-lockdown protesters call for Xi to step down

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '22        #1
764 page views
33 comments

Wrong Move  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4647 4 K  Slaps total: 418 418
Nov 27 - China anti-lockdown protesters call for Xi to step down

visit this link https://twitter.com/Shanghaishang10/status/1596875911457959938?

Protesters angry at*China's strict lockdowns*on Sunday called for*President Xi Jinping*to quit, in a sign of widening*public frustration at the country's zero-COVID policy.

Demonstrators*in the commercial capital, Shanghai, could be heard chanting, "Xi Jinping! Step down! CCP (Chinese Communist Party)! Step down!"*

"I'm here because I love my country, but I don't love my*government... I want to be able to go out freely, but I can't.*Our*COVID-19*policy is a game and is not based on science or*reality," said one protester, Shaun*Xiao.

Dispersed protesters return hours later

Police used pepper spray to drive away demonstrators, but hours later residents returned to the same spot, only for police to break up their protest for a second time.

Several people*were detained and taken away by bus.

Video footage posted to social media showed BBC journalist Edward Lawrence being arrested while filming the Shanghai protest.

The footage shows Lawrence being charged at by several officers who then*dragged him to the ground before pulling him up with his hands tied behind his back.

The BBC said Chinese police a*saulted and detained Lawrence, before later releasing him after several hours.**

"The BBC is extremely concerned about the treatment of our journalist Ed Lawrence, who was arrested and handcuffed while*covering the protests in Shanghai," a spokesperson for the*British public service broadcaster said in a statement.

"He was held for several hours before being released. During his arrest, he was beaten and kicked by the police. This*happened while he was working as an accredited journalist," the*spokesperson added.

The latest protests erupted*after a fire broke out Thursday and*killed at least 10 people*in an apartment building in*Urumqi in the*northwestern Xinjiang region, where some people have been locked in their homes for four months.

The tragedy*spurred a wave of angry questions online about whether firef*ghters or people trying to escape were blocked by locked doors or other COVID measures.

In a rare*direct challenge to the ruling Communist Party, the demonstrations have spread to at least seven other cities Sunday,*including*the capital Beijing, Wuhan*and Chengdu.

Blank paper protest in Beijing

In Beijing, a group of about 200 people gathered in a park on the capital's east side and held up blank sheets of paper, a symbol of defiance against the ruling party's pervasive censorship.

About 2,000 students at Xi's alma mater, Tsinghua University in Beijing, gathered to demand an easing of anti-COVID controls, according to social media posts.

Other postings said there were also demonstrations at 50 universities across China.

Wuhan protesters turn violent

In the central megacity of Wuhan, where the*coronavirus*first emerged, multiple video livestreams showed crowds walking through the streets cheering, but they were quickly censored.

Other footage showed protesters*smashing through metal barricades, overturning COVID testing tents and demanding an end to lockdowns.

A large crowd also gathered in the southwestern*metropolis of Chengdu, according to videos on social media.

"We*don't want lifelong rulers. We don't want emperors," the*crowd chanted, in reference*to Xi, who has scrapped presidential term limits and could now rule for life.

"I joined the protest because I was dissatisfied with the government's imposition of lockdowns, the government's abuse of power, the strict online censorship, the covering up of truth in the Xinjiang fire and to show solidarity with people in Shanghai," a protester told DW's William Yang.*

Another protester said that the lockdown "has been too long and it has cost people their freedom and jobs," which is why he was taking part in the demonstrations.

Others complained government a*sistance had been scant at a time when people were reaching into their savings to cover expenses like mortgages and cars.*

Earlier this week, protests*turned violent at the world's biggest iPhone factory in the Chinese city of Zhengzhou.

Social media footage showed workers being beaten by police.

The facility was placed into lockdown last month, with many workers forced to sleep inside for weeks.

Despite the rest of the world reopening, President Xi Jinping has persisted with his zero-COVID policy Image: Kyodo News/IMAGOChina cases low, but reach record high

Beijing has stuck with Xi's zero-COVID policy even as much of the world has lifted most restrictions.

While low by global standards, China's*case numbers have hit record highs for days, with*39,506 domestic infections recorded*Sunday.

The government has*defended the policy*as life-saving and necessary to prevent the health care system from being overwhelmed,*and has vowed to continue with it.
visit this link https://www.dw.com/en/chi .. own/a-63909531
+3   

best
worst
33 comments

2 months ago '09        #2
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25871 25 K  Slaps total: 3734 3 K
A billion people United is about the only way change is ever gonna happen there
+10   

2 months ago '18        #3
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43941 43 K  Slaps total: 3157 3 K

+2   

2 months ago '14        #4
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 183985 183 K  Slaps total: 41111 41 K
chinese people protesting is big d*ck energy
+4   

2 months ago '17        #5
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 253334 253 K  Slaps total: 22038 22 K
I hope they oust Pooh and his communist regime. Those people have suffered for too long.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #6
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58647 58 K  Slaps total: 4318 4 K
@ you want xinpingping gone or nah
+1   

2 months ago '04        #7
biscuit 
Props total: 62038 62 K  Slaps total: 5284 5 K
I was wondering why I wasn't seeing anything on this site about this breaking news. It's pretty much the number 1 story around the world right now but BX don't give a fu*k
+5   

2 months ago '20        #8
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 81378 81 K  Slaps total: 14691 14 K
 POWER RAPS said
@ you want xinpingping gone or nah
You threatened me the other day & told me never to mention you in a post & I complied. I was really perplexed & shocked that Ricky Retardo could be so mean spirited & evil to me . I would suggest you follow what you wrote to me , I do not want to get @ involved in another one of your trolling sessions . It never ends well for you . I've tried being a genuine friend to you & all you do is troll me

Last edited by Xiox; 11-28-2022 at 11:44 AM..

2 months ago '19        #9
Jp07 
Props total: 6496 6 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
 GREAT1NE said
A billion people United is about the only way change is ever gonna happen there
I was gonna say this. They got cities bigger than new York. If all those people start protesting there's nothing they can do besides shooting
+2   

2 months ago '10        #10
6.Yrs 
Props total: 37327 37 K  Slaps total: 1985 1 K
Didn't dude just vote himself king for life or some sh*t??
+2   

2 months ago '16        #11
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 125228 125 K  Slaps total: 8072 8 K
 6.Yrs said

And everyone protesting gonna get a call that their whole family just got hit with a dime in re-education camps. They do not fu*k around in China. You are not allowed to dissent. They got adults who have never heard of the tiananmen Square protest.
+2   

2 months ago '19        #12
Jp07 
Props total: 6496 6 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
 6.Yrs said
I think hr might have had a term limit or something. There was gonna be some sort of a decision on who was running the country and his term got extended. I really don't know exactly how it works over there tho
+2   

2 months ago '06        #13
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 125168 125 K  Slaps total: 27784 27 K
 biscuit said
I was wondering why I wasn't seeing anything on this site about this breaking news. It's pretty much the number 1 story around the world right now but BX don't give a fu*k
It was posted over the weekend but nobody really cares to speak on it.

This is like week 4 or 5 of this though.

It all started with the national conference, then the FoxConn shut down, then the fire, and now the protests.

sh*t is crazy, my girl is heading home to Shanghai for the holidays, I’m worried about her getting exposed to Covid not for her health but because of how severe sh*t gets when they force you to quarantine there.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #14
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58647 58 K  Slaps total: 4318 4 K
 Xiox said
You threatened me the other day & told me never to mention you in a post & I complied. I was really perplexed & shocked that Ricky Retardo could be so mean spirited & evil to me . I would suggest you follow what you wrote to me , I do not want to get @ involved in another one of your trolling sessions . It never ends well for you . I've tried being a genuine friend to you & all you do is troll me
I seen you mention me again without the @ so miss me with that

Nothing about you is genuine till you admit what agency you work for
+2   

2 months ago '17        #15
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 134172 134 K  Slaps total: 17813 17 K
Mind you, China is considered a role model to the WEF-- the same people who coined "build back better" and informed your country's leader on covid policies.

If you don't understand what's going on by now... the upcoming covid, voting...and currency changes are all a scam setup by the most powerful people to control and destroy the 99.9%ers. They know an awakening is coming and don't want to be equal with the commoners. If everyone is a king, no one is in their mind.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #16
 TheLastNonEarth said
Mind you, China is considered a role model to the WEF-- the same people who coined "build back better" and informed your country's leader on covid policies.

If you don't understand what's going on by now... the upcoming covid, voting...and currency changes are all a scam setup by the most powerful people to control and destroy the 99.9%ers. They know an awakening is coming and don't want to be equal with the commoners. If everyone is a king, no one is in their mind.
That speech was about modernizing, which, China did more effectively and efficiently than any developing nation in modern history. So the speech is in fact accurate.

It wasn’t saying that the government, economy, foreign policy, or anything else was a model for other nations, just that their approach to modernization was.

For people who swear they care about “the truth” y’all sure do rely on a lot of distorted and manipulated narratives…..

2 months ago '20        #17
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 81378 81 K  Slaps total: 14691 14 K
 POWER RAPS said
I seen you mention me again without the @ so miss me with that

Nothing about you is genuine till you admit what agency you work for
Just a black civilian sir
+1   

2 months ago '21        #18
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43049 43 K  Slaps total: 11939 11 K
 Skateboard T said
That speech was about modernizing, which, China did more effectively and efficiently than any developing nation in modern history. So the speech is in fact accurate.

It wasn’t saying that the government, economy, foreign policy, or anything else was a model for other nations, just that their approach to modernization was.

For people who swear they care about “the truth” y’all sure do rely on a lot of distorted and manipulated narratives…..
They hear what they wanna hear. Confirmation bias to the max.

2 months ago '22        #19
HERMES  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12149 12 K  Slaps total: 2904 2 K

2 months ago '22        #20
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 11802 11 K  Slaps total: 2982 2 K
Xi locked that sh*t back down

2 months ago '16        #21
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 91260 91 K  Slaps total: 10961 10 K
 biscuit said
There's no gay/racial angle

2 months ago '16        #22
postemupndunkit 
 Skateboard T said

I'd honestly say Japan was way more efficient and effective imo but China definitely number 2.

2 months ago '06        #23
 postemupndunkit said
I'd honestly say Japan was way more efficient and effective imo but China definitely number 2.
The timelines were much different, Japan’s modernization began as early as the 19th century while China probably didn’t start in earnest until the mid 20th if it later due to constant internal wars and coups (not to mention the incredibly brutal Japanese imperialism and genocide that swept through Eastern Asia).

So the reason why they tend to place China over Japan in being a model for modernization is due to how quickly and efficiently it happened.

But yeah Japan is probably the most modern east-Asian nation, due to the fact that they westernized pretty early compared to other nations in the region.

Either way, regardless of which country serves as the better model for developing nations, the point was that OP used that speech as misinformation.

2 months ago '16        #24
postemupndunkit 
 Skateboard T said
The timelines were much different, Japan’s modernization began as early as the 19th century while China probably didn’t start in earnest until the mid 20th if it later due to constant internal wars and coups (not to mention the incredibly brutal Japanese imperialism and genocide that swept through Eastern Asia).

So the reason why they tend to place China over Japan in being a model for modernization is due to how quickly and efficiently it happened.

But yeah Japan is probably the most modern east-Asian nation, due to the fact that they westernized pretty early compared to other nations in the region.

Either way, regardless of which country serves as the better model for developing nations, the point was that OP used that speech as misinformation.
I'm well aware of the time-line. From Matthew perry ending isolation til now Japan has amazed me.

I give Japan credit because they had to do it twice and I don't know if any other nation could bounce back from nuclear attacks that fast.

Otherwise I'd give China the nod.

Both are amazing stories however.

2 months ago '05        #25
pippen33 
Props total: 52786 52 K  Slaps total: 4607 4 K
China got enough people that they can force a change if they are all united and stick with it.

And the fact that the entire world is covering it means China cant just k*ll all the protesters..I dont think

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  23
What's keeping you from dating a girl in the army ?
354 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+62online now  15
The three missing rappers have been found Dead
307 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Feb 2 - Short on Cash, More Americans Tap 401(k) Savings
114 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  10
Feb 2 - s*x, Lies, & Cams: Andrew Tate turned women into slaves, prosecutors say
58 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy