online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Why are there some obese guys lifting weights instead of on the treadmill at the gym?

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health/fit

1 year ago '18        #1
4272 page views
70 comments

Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x186
Props total: 110791 110 K  Slaps total: 27816 27 K
icon Why are there some obese guys lifting weights instead of on the treadmill at the gym?

YT

There’s some guys at my gym that look like they have type 2 diabetes, and there over here lifting. The thing is most of them aren’t even lifting that much in terms of “proportion”. IE a guy that weighs 270 lbs benching 315 lbs for a ORM or even 2 rep max is NOT impressive to me imo. Now if that same guy was 170, sure. A lot of these guys seem to think just because when they flex their fat is “hard” that they’re not fat. I can’t imagine spending 9-10 hours a week in the gym and to 99% of people you don’t look any different from the guy that never goes to the gym
emoji

Thoughts? Or maybe someone needs to introduce them to DNP

icon
best
icon
worst
70 comments

1 year ago '08        #2
SlickJ101 
Props total: 20942 20 K  Slaps total: 4637 4 K
They're bx thick
+9   

1 year ago '19        #3
Immersion Vox 
Props total: 24426 24 K  Slaps total: 2943 2 K
Not worse than the obese fu#ks that claim they want to "lose weight" yet can't put down the fu#king plate eating everything thats fresh in sight.

on one hand, i think they hate cardio with a passion. most people do.
they'd rather go the weight lifting route as that burns energy too.

on the other hand, i think they genuinely believe they can turn the body fat directly into muscle and the rest of the "unwanted" fat will just fall off if they lift enough.

whats not gonna help them lose that gucci mane lean belly: sitting at home on the couch eating 5 slices of pizza, 3 beers, 2 sodas, and pulling out some IG th0t tummy tea weight loss supplement fad to drink.

Last edited by Immersion Vox; 11-28-2022 at 08:57 PM..
+17   

1 year ago '16        #4
silas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9720 9 K  Slaps total: 1459 1 K
Cardio can be frustrating when your not conditioned.. I'm not a personal trainer or anything but from my personal experience its more enjoyable to buss a few reps and sets and get stronger in certain areas of fitness, and then slowly incorporate cardio.. You can still build a physique while you have pounds on, you might get winded for intense exercises.. but it doesn't always have to be a race to reach your goals
+21   

1 year ago '05        #5
carden2 
Props total: 13869 13 K  Slaps total: 2045 2 K
Thread don’t even make sense. Who gives a fu#k if you in shape and you see fat people work out lol wtf kinda backward sh1t is this, they should workout but you want to pick the work out.
+41   

1 year ago '16        #6
DabGod 
Props total: 1360 1 K  Slaps total: 340 340
 Kodack sixnine said 🔗
↪🔗

There’s some guys at my gym that look like they have type 2 diabetes, and there over here lifting. The thing is most of them aren’t even lifting that much in terms of “proportion”. IE a guy that weighs 270 lbs benching 315 lbs for a ORM or even 2 rep max is NOT impressive to me imo. Now if that same guy was 170, sure. A lot of these guys seem to think just because when they flex their fat is “hard” that they’re not fat. I can’t imagine spending 9-10 hours a week in the gym and to 99% of people you don’t look any different from the guy that never goes to the gym
emoji

First of all weight training and dieting is way more effective for losing fat than cardio.
Cardio you will lose weight quickly but a lot of that weight will be muscle ma$s not just fat. Which will make keeping the fat off very challenging.
Lots of cardio also makes your body much more efficient at burning energy which is actually a bad thing because that efficiency is called metabolism and you want a fast one not slow one, which happens with cardio.

The way to lose fat is weight training and diet period.

This is common knowledge at this point you should do some research before you talk sh1t about people that clearly know more than you do.
+28   

1 year ago '19        #7
Will Cain 
Props total: 19460 19 K  Slaps total: 8170 8 K
 DabGod said 🔗
First of all weight training and dieting is way more effective for losing fat than cardio.
Cardio you will lose weight quickly but a lot of that weight will be muscle ma$s not just fat. Which will make keeping the fat off very challenging.
Lots of cardio also makes your body much more efficient at burning energy which is actually a bad thing because that efficiency is called metabolism and you want a fast one not slow one, which happens with cardio.

This is common knowledge at this point you should do some research before you talk sh1t about people that clearly know more than you do.
The only way you lose muscle is if your body has no more fat to burn

You bro scientists still don’t know the difference between muscle and strength

1 year ago '05        #8
That Dude 
Props total: 30262 30 K  Slaps total: 5265 5 K
Stop eating so much, go on walks everyday. Walk with a purpose after meals. Walking when you are obese is the best way to shed pounds. Then incorporate light jogs till you build stamina.
+8   

1 year ago '14        #9
DJ HiStakes 
Props total: 2301 2 K  Slaps total: 865 865
Whether it’s impressive to you or not lol most people even at their size can’t do it. People few and far in between bench more then 315 ever

Kodack sixnine said 🔗
↪🔗

emoji

+6   

1 year ago '14        #10
NYSTATEOFMIND 
Props total: 24261 24 K  Slaps total: 1244 1 K
 DabGod said 🔗

bingo....op is a bozo that prolly squats 135 on a smith machine
you spitting truth..im trying to get my sister on the train but she wanna do an hour of cardio and no strength training...to each they own
+8   

1 year ago '05        #11
projectd06 
Props total: 49384 49 K  Slaps total: 10654 10 K
You lose weight In the kitchen
+9   

1 year ago '15        #12
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 61725 61 K  Slaps total: 7075 7 K
cardio = heart and mind health... can burn fat if done incrementally like sprinters

Strength training builds muscle which burns fat

Diet = the biggest catalyst of it all
+13   

1 year ago '10        #13
beeboywhoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5921 5 K  Slaps total: 931 931
what are you talking about here??? "fat people" who lift at the gym? so body building goals?

the video you included are olympic weight lifters... i can assure you they can bench more than 300lbs @ 270lbs. even though they dont train in bench press.
+4   

1 year ago '05        #14
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 60909 60 K  Slaps total: 9082 9 K
Muscle burns fat…. I burned more weight lifting and playing basketball than from running 5-10ks
+6   

1 year ago '22        #15
DIE IN HOU X 
Props total: 33984 33 K  Slaps total: 3001 3 K
 silas said 🔗
Cardio can be frustrating when your not conditioned.. I'm not a personal trainer or anything but from my personal experience its more enjoyable to buss a few reps and sets and get stronger in certain areas of fitness, and then slowly incorporate cardio.. You can still build a physique while you have pounds on, you might get winded for intense exercises.. but it doesn't always have to be a race to reach your goals
True.

But there’s few things in life that feel just as amazing as the first time you hit a mile under a 4 mins on a treadmill.

At the end of the day, it’s more diet that anything.

Edit: 6 mins not 4.

Last edited by DIE IN HOU X; 11-29-2022 at 02:15 PM..
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 year ago '22        #16
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x109
Props total: 187411 187 K  Slaps total: 219893 219 K

+1   

1 year ago '17        #17
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73
Props total: 89919 89 K  Slaps total: 11114 11 K
Who fu#king cares as long as people are actually doing something. Focus on your workout, if someone likes how you train then they'll ask you for tips. If not, who cares still focus on you.

For the life of me, I will never be able to understand why grown men are so fixated on the physiques of other grown men.
+14   

1 year ago '15        #18
Swavey  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 62656 62 K  Slaps total: 4971 4 K
n1gga said lifting 315 isn’t impressive. Why you the workout police
emoji
+18   

1 year ago '20        #19
pubreaper 
Props total: 49 49  Slaps total: 8 8
Ranting on how other men choose to live their lives. Shame on you OP…yuck
+8   

1 year ago '07        #20
kakish 
Props total: 7976 7 K  Slaps total: 1371 1 K
 donnyyy said 🔗
cardio = heart and mind health... can burn fat if done incrementally like sprinters

Strength training builds muscle which burns fat

Diet = the biggest catalyst of it all
Exactly people think cardio is for fat but really it’s the best for heart health and your lungs. Pumping blood and breathing > being skinny or strong
+4   

1 year ago '20        #21
Catalinawm 
Props total: 31152 31 K  Slaps total: 2040 2 K
aint my body go ask them
emoji
+1   

1 year ago '10        #22
peeyump 
Props total: 3503 3 K  Slaps total: 447 447
Unless you stalking fat guys at the gym how do you know they aren’t getting cardio at some point? They got to do it all let them fat n1ggaz live lol
+6   

1 year ago '04        #23
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 69875 69 K  Slaps total: 14322 14 K
 carden2 said 🔗
Thread don’t even make sense. Who gives a fu#k if you in shape and you see fat people work out lol wtf kinda backward sh1t is this, they should workout but you want to pick the work out.
emoji

1 year ago '20        #24
Perfectibilist 
Props total: 5857 5 K  Slaps total: 2666 2 K
I mean.....
If they're resistance training and eating in a caloric deficit, they'll be cut as fu#k when their body fat gets low enough. Besides, some very knowledgeable trainers have been suggesting resistance training over cardio to burn fat.
+3   

1 year ago '16        #25
DabGod 
Props total: 1360 1 K  Slaps total: 340 340
 Will Cain said 🔗
The only way you lose muscle is if your body has no more fat to burn

You bro scientists still don’t know the difference between muscle and strength
you don’t know what you are talking about

“Three days worth of conditioning, on the other hand, won’t deplete all your muscle mass, though 4+ days a week likely will. Your body will drop muscle with constant low-intensity exercise to optimize your size for the task at hand (a.k.a. you’ll develop the stringy body of a long-distance runner).”

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/how-much-cardio-can-i-do-without-losing-muscle/amp/

If you do cardio and zero weight training your muscles will shrink along with you belly. That is not up for debate.
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+348
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+416
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+525
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop