Sony Blocked Xbox Gamepass From Coming To PlayStation!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '16        #1
1352 page views
41 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21248 21 K  Slaps total: 3575 3 K
Sony Blocked Xbox Gamepass From Coming To PlayStation!

Sony tried to bring PlayStation Plus to Xbox, but Microsoft 'will not permit' it

Sony has tried to bring PlayStation Plus on Xbox, but Microsoft 'will not permit' the service on their ecosystem--Sony has likewise 'blocked' Game Pass.

Neither Sony nor Microsoft are willing to allow either company's competing services on their respective platforms.

Sony's latest response to the Microsoft-Activision merger reveals interesting new information. Sony tells UK regulatory body the CMA that Microsoft will not allow PlayStation Plus on Xbox, which presumably means the company tried to offer its subscription service on Microsoft's ecosystem.

Microsoft had likewise previously offered to bring Game Pass to Sony's platform, suggesting that PlayStation gamers could still access any content that would theoretically be Game Pass-exclusive and thereby circumventing one of the CMA's theories of harm arguments against the Microsoft-Activision merger.

The rationale here is logical. Microsoft and Sony both run their individual platforms--Microsoft with Xbox and native Windows PC integration, and Sony with PlayStation consoles and a bigger push onto PC.

Neither company has any incentive to offer a competing service onto their platforms, especially Sony with Game Pass, a service that would significantly undermine its own PlayStation Plus service with the added value of 400+ titles and day-and-date releases of a direct competitor's games. It's the same reason why I said that Game Pass would not come to Nintendo Switch

visit this link https://www.tweaktown.com .. -it/index.html

In my personal opinion, Xbox would need PlayStation more. PlayStation prolly tried to tax the fu*k out of Xbox for ps plus because they can afford it. But Xbox probably had a caveat, that Sony wasn’t fu*king with.

Xbox prolly turned it down for fear of losing more market share when their gamers realize the quality difference and since ps plus doesn’t have AAA day one releases like a GOW. There’s more incentive there to PICK UP a PlayStation.
Rather as GP on PlayStation would give access to Xbox’s entire console catalog. Why have an Xbox at that point?

My opinion aside. Who’s gonna keep it real? Who would have subscribed to GP on PlayStation or PS Plus on Xbox?

What do y’all think would have happened to the industry of a deal like this had gone through? Would we as consumers be better or worse off?

best
worst
41 comments

2 months ago '22        #2
God Bless You 
Props total: 12217 12 K  Slaps total: 10341 10 K
One service

$60-80 a month

Compatible on both systems

All first party games day 1

+8   

2 months ago '17        #3
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47827 47 K  Slaps total: 6711 6 K
Console wars are for losers
+22   

2 months ago '16        #4
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 Lazy said
Console wars are for losers
Thread ain’t even about console wars fam.
+6   

2 months ago '11        #5
xArchangeLx 
Props total: 8524 8 K  Slaps total: 2010 2 K
For any logical person, if this were possible -
You'd get a Playstation with Gamepass. All the PS exclusives, and all the Microsoft 1st parties. You'd get the best of both worlds

And also why it wouldn't work out for either company.
Ps Plus subscriptions would go down, and Xbox console sales would go down. Doesnt make sense to anyone but the consumer. Sucks for us.
+6   

2 months ago '16        #6
 xArchangeLx said
You'd get a Playstation with Gamepass. All the PS exclusives, and all the Microsoft 1st parties. You'd get the best of both worlds

Ps Plus subscriptions would go down, and Xbox console sales would go down. Doesnt make sense to anyone but the consumer. Sucks for us.
Microsoft doesn’t care about the console sales, I mean they do but they know they’re not going to lead the way in sales. More just getting people into their eco system so I don’t think it’d be as big of an issue as we think. Remember they want Xbox everywhere, on anything.

I just wonder how if the deal went through how it would affect gaming overall and how many people would be willing to spend 300 a year ish on two subs

2 months ago '04        #7
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 7761 7 K  Slaps total: 485 485
 Novii said
Thread ain’t even about console wars fam.
Give it time. It will turn into one.
+7   

2 months ago '16        #8
 God Bless said
One service

$60-80 a month

Compatible on both systems

All first party games day 1

$720-960 a year is A LOT to GP Xbox gamers. PlayStation gamers will usually spend that throughout the year without prolly realizing, but for a gamepass guy? I think they’d need a tier’d service.

KURUPTION!!! said
Ayo

2 months ago '04        #9
Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20706 20 K  Slaps total: 1724 1 K
How would that work? Gpu is mostly third party games since Ms first party isn't tputting sh*t out. And Sony Ps + on Xbox? Xbox can't play Sony first party games? Or what am I missing here?
+2   

2 months ago '22        #10
God Bless You 
Props total: 12217 12 K  Slaps total: 10341 10 K
 Novii said
$720-960 a year is A LOT to GP Xbox gamers. PlayStation gamers will usually spend that throughout the year without prolly realizing, but for a gamepass guy? I think they’d need a tier’d service.

Ayo
I think Phil gonna raise prices sooner rather than later. He already laid the groundwork a couple weeks ago that they were coming

Probably gonna make it a tiered service like Sony did and let you pay more to upgrade from the “previous service offerings”

Day 1 first party games won’t be included in ultimate. Gonna have to upgrade to elite

Last edited by God Bless You; 11-27-2022 at 02:12 PM..

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '20        #11
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x228
Props total: 122974 122 K  Slaps total: 25232 25 K
 KURUPTION!!! said
I’m right on que

;t=5mLCEia7WMtcwJLByoG5rA
One Stop Shooter Shop

+3   

2 months ago '04        #12
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 7761 7 K  Slaps total: 485 485
 Novii said
10-12 games is a lot for anyone to be honest. The people on these internet forums and websites do not represent the average consumer.
+4   

2 months ago '18        #13
KdenIII 
Props total: 38535 38 K  Slaps total: 5635 5 K
Hasn't this same thread been made 20x?
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #14
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 111810 111 K  Slaps total: 43327 43 K
 xArchangeLx said

That’s the game
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #15
 5ive04our said
I’m right on que

One Stop Shooter Shop

Ngl this funny

2 months ago '05        #16
Krazie 
Props total: 59040 59 K  Slaps total: 10120 10 K
I don't know why Xbox would even entertain PS+ when 80% of the content on it is stuff that is or was on Game Pass for years at this point.
+6   

2 months ago '06        #17
wario101 
Props total: 3687 3 K  Slaps total: 243 243
No reason to buy consoles anymore. Sony is now putting there games on PC, and i garumtee Nintendo will in the future. ( but you can emulate Switch games now.) Plus dont pay jist to play games online.. lol
+3   

2 months ago '11        #18
xArchangeLx 
Props total: 8524 8 K  Slaps total: 2010 2 K
 wario101 said
No reason to buy consoles anymore. Sony is now putting there games on PC, and i garumtee Nintendo will in the future. ( but you can emulate Switch games now.) Plus dont pay jist to play games online.. lol
It's such a bi*ch to get emulators to work though
I'll be playing a game then it shuts off at the same spot everytime
Such a pain

2 months ago '21        #19
ATMBEATZ 
Props total: 14101 14 K  Slaps total: 1215 1 K
only thing i would want from game pass is Microsoft Flight sim, halo & FORZA if possible

playing those on PS5 would be great and pretty much push xbox off the edge

stripping them to sega status lol

and before you say " you can play those on pc"

console would be alot easier than trying to spend more money than a ps5 to get something decent lol

Last edited by ATMBEATZ; 11-27-2022 at 06:00 PM..

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #20
 Krazie said
I don't know why Xbox would even entertain PS+ when 80% of the content on it is stuff that is or was on Game Pass for years at this point.
Cause gamepass’ long term success largely depends on getting on ecosystems that people actually use
+4   

2 months ago '21        #21
maybehood 
Props total: 2972 2 K  Slaps total: 672 672
This sh*t is crazy. Just save up and buy a damn computer gamers Jesus Christ
+1   

2 months ago '04        #22
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8864 8 K  Slaps total: 1594 1 K
Microsoft has been setting themselves up to basically be Steam of consoles

They wanted gamepass on the Switch badly

If they could get out of the hardware business and have 100 million gamepass subscribers on PC, Switch and PS, I'm sure they would
+1   

2 months ago '18        #23
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20424 20 K  Slaps total: 3760 3 K
 ATMBEATZ said
only thing i would want from game pass is Microsoft Flight sim, halo & FORZA if possible

playing those on PS5 would be great and pretty much push xbox off the edge

stripping them to sega status lol

and before you say " you can play those on pc"

console would be alot easier than trying to spend more money than a ps5 to get something decent lol
Gamepass you can cloud load those(have to check flight sim)...with a sh*tty pc
+1   

2 months ago '16        #24
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 91092 91 K  Slaps total: 10934 10 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Cause gamepass’ long term success largely depends on getting on ecosystems that people actually use
The same sh*t you used to type this nonsense can access gamepass.... why the fu*k do yall just say stupid sh*t at every turn?

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #25
 postemupndunkit said
The same sh*t you used to type this nonsense can access gamepass.... why the fu*k do yall just say stupid sh*t at every turn?
Dude.

Why are you on my d*ck like this?

I’m actually gonna try to have a conversation with you this time.

If gamepass success wasn’t dependent on getting on the Sony and Nintendo, Apple ecosystem.

Why have they been negotiating with them for years lmfao.

I already know you’re not gonna answer that question and come with weak a*s comebacks because for some reason your delusional a*s chalks up losing a job during the holidays to me

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Video inside Jan 29 - Trump said he would build impenetrable dome over US, warned of..
156 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-26online now  21
FBG Duck’s mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
African migrants hid on the roof of a car all the way to Europe