Namor Was Borrowed Due To Being In A Similar Situation As The Hulk

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+20  53
52 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
4023 page views
82 comments

Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 85846 85 K  Slaps total: 16553 16 K
Namor Was Borrowed Due To Being In A Similar Situation As The Hulk

Well, Namor’s situation is similar to Marvel Studios’ deal with Universal for Hulk. Neither can star in his own movie because Universal Pictures has the rights to both characters. And he can’t appear by himself in marketing materials, unless it’s part of a series of posters. We spoke to “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” producer Moore about the situation and he acknowledged that Namor was “borrowed” like the Hulk.

It honestly affects us more, and not to talk too much out of school, but in how we market the film than it does how we use him in the film, Moore said. There weren’t really things we couldn’t do from a character perspective for him, which is good because clearly, we took a ton of inspiration from the source material, but we also made some big changes to really anchor him in that world in a truth that publishing never really landed on, I would argue, in a big way.

Moore went on to praise co-writer/director Ryan Coogler’s take on the material and the how that reconfiguration wasn’t impacted by the legal formalities. “I’ve read every Namor comic ever written and I love them, but the world of Atlantis is a little vaguely drawn. It’s maybe kind of Roman maybe. And so, Ryan is such a detail-oriented filmmaker that he wanted to anchor into something that felt as tangible and real as hopefully Wakanda fuels for people. And I think there was nothing from a business side anyway that was preventing us from doing that, which is great,” Moore said.
Vido started the Hulk distr. rights discussion in theory based on SEC filings while on Marvel Studios reddit and gave folks hope.

I told em, it felt outdated. She-Hulk series made some more optimistic, but most of what that set up continues in other films and series.
+8   

best
worst
82 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
killacar 
Props total: 24802 24 K  Slaps total: 1467 1 K
Hulks distribution rights revert back next year I believe, Namors can't be too far behind
+15   

2 months ago '18        #3
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43 OP
 killacar said
Hulks distribution rights revert back next year I believe, Namors can't be too far behind
That's based on the outdated SEC Filings I brought up in the OP.

Nate (MCU producer) is saying Namor is like Hulk and will have to continue in the current capacity. Has to appear with others and can't get a solo film unless distributed by Universal and produced by Marvel/Disney.

Vido made the reddit thread that started the sentiment as "possible".

They are from 06 and much has changed since like Marvel being bought by Disney.

+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #4
Jason Weaver  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11893 11 K  Slaps total: 2444 2 K
I guess Latinos are gonna have to stand on someone's shoulders to get a starring role.

Maybe they will address Hollywood instead of always using our achievements to piggyback a spot.
+24   

2 months ago '20        #5
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13477 13 K  Slaps total: 1655 1 K
 Jason Weaver said
I guess Latinos are gonna have to stand on someone's shoulders to get a starring role.

Maybe they will address Hollywood instead of always using our achievements to piggyback a spot.
Irony is you're using and standing on the shoulders of other succesful black men, while you probably broke livin in a basement somewhere

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #6
Jason Weaver  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11893 11 K  Slaps total: 2444 2 K
 Ball Man said
Irony is you're using and standing on the shoulders of other succesful black men, while you probably broke livin in a basement somewhere
Of course I'm standing on the shoulders of Black people before me. It's a loophole that most immigrants take advantage of

I don't recall seeing Latinos getting hosed down for Black people's civil rights.

The benefits and rights that Latinos enjoy here isn't something they contributed to. They decided to flee their homelands

bc they didn't want to f*ght for their rights in their countries
+32   

2 months ago '17        #7
YAYO101 
Props total: 48953 48 K  Slaps total: 2692 2 K
fu*king Bullsh*t! They wasn't doing sh*t with him anyway and probably had no plans on ever using that Character so might as well just sell that Property back to Marvel for a lot of money

Smart by MCU though to put a totally different Spin on the Character though
+9   

2 months ago '17        #8
Berr 
Props total: 2204 2 K  Slaps total: 346 346
Namor is a fantastic four character.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #9
 Berr said
Namor is a fantastic four character.
He was introduced 20 years before F4
+15   

2 months ago '11        #10
nbrock 
Props total: 1857 1 K  Slaps total: 307 307
 Jason Weaver said
Of course I'm standing on the shoulders of Black people before me. It's a loophole that most immigrants take advantage of

I don't recall seeing Latinos getting hosed down for Black people's civil rights.

The benefits and rights that Latinos enjoy here isn't something they contributed to. They decided to flee their homelands

Sheesh, this is what you call ether ladies and gents
+10   

2 months ago '21        #11
I am awake 
Props total: 11512 11 K  Slaps total: 3506 3 K
 Jason Weaver said

Go to bed victim.

Way too late to be crying about B/S right now.

2 months ago '17        #12
Berr 
Props total: 2204 2 K  Slaps total: 346 346
 Pastor Ra said
Yeah the invaders. And using my logic black panther is a fantastic four character also. Forget I said anything . Not sure what's going with those characters
+1   

2 months ago '21        #13
I am awake 
Props total: 11512 11 K  Slaps total: 3506 3 K
 Jason Weaver said

2 months ago '17        #14
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 148489 148 K  Slaps total: 44880 44 K
Is that why they gave him a different name in the movie?
+1   

2 months ago '17        #15
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 67955 67 K  Slaps total: 5516 5 K
 Jason Weaver said

thats because of your historical ignorance
The Brown Berets started in LA at the same time as the Black Panthers and marched with them

As did the Yellow Panthers and White Panthers, of whom John Sinclair got the name from Malcolm X himself.

thats aside from the asians and latinos that were in the black panther party

Last edited by dubsax; 11-26-2022 at 06:43 PM..
+19   

2 months ago '08        #16
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 3442 3 K  Slaps total: 2492 2 K
 Jason Weaver said

Lol what benefits? Go to Sweden, Denmark, Finland and see real benefits for immigrants that truly contributed nothing to their society.

As far as I know the average immigrant Mexican working at a farm produces more than your broke a*s service job working loser. Atleast because of that dude or woman vegetables are more affordable or some sh*t like that.

You losers rhat talk about race all day and think your special need to travel more.

2 months ago '18        #17
 Berr said
Yeah the invaders. And using my logic black panther is a fantastic four character also. Forget I said anything . Not sure what's going with those characters
They were trying to get money to deal with their debt back then.

Sony got Black Panther in the 90s, but then a mini major bought it from Sony because Sony no longer knew what to do with it. Artisan had Cap, Black Panther and a couple others.

Lionsgate bought Artisan and didn't care about Marvel films like that, so gave the characters back to Marvel for a price.
+4   

2 months ago '21        #18
Thtgiraffeneck 
Props total: 4822 4 K  Slaps total: 1529 1 K
 Pastor Ra said
My man’s was out before aqua man
+2   

2 months ago '22        #19
SeanDon122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21019 21 K  Slaps total: 1428 1 K
Why on earth would ppl think Namor would get his own movie anyways? We already know the Marvel lineup for most of the upcoming phases..
+9   

2 months ago '22        #20
Aceboogie0517 
Props total: 9005 9 K  Slaps total: 1831 1 K
If u haven't noticed subliminally they been playing blacks and Latinos against each other.

You don't think they notice the lack of representation
+8   

2 months ago '18        #21
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 91752 91 K  Slaps total: 9508 9 K
 Jason Weaver said

The full weight of the imperial USA came to our homelands to act like we just left to leave is some bullsh*t.
+7   

2 months ago '22        #22
Aceboogie0517 
Props total: 9005 9 K  Slaps total: 1831 1 K
 RustyLorcin said
Lol what benefits? Go to Sweden, Denmark, Finland and see real benefits for immigrants that truly contributed nothing to their society.

As far as I know the average immigrant Mexican working at a farm produces more than your broke a*s service job working loser. Atleast because of that dude or woman vegetables are more affordable or some sh*t like that.

You losers rhat talk about race all day and think your special need to travel more.
What benefits?

They wouldn't even be able to go in a restaurant and have meal if it wasn't for us, they wouldn't be able to live in the neighborhoods they want or get the jobs they do

And all Mexicans don't work on farms you fu*kin racist

My box is a Mexican and he an accountant

Black people were going to Europe for freedom in the Jim Crow days how the fu*k would Latinos have a problem in Europe when alot of them look southern European

South Americans already migrate to Spain in high number
+3   

2 months ago '20        #23
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x228
Props total: 122958 122 K  Slaps total: 25226 25 K
After watching the movie I wanted to check out some comics and other animated appearances but they just seem lame. Glad they change him from an Aqua Man clone (I know Namor was first but AM is more popular) both Atlantis would have gotten compared daily.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #24
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 199888 199 K  Slaps total: 27161 27 K
If universal allows this billion dollar opportunity to slip they’re idiots
+1   

2 months ago '13        #25
cosmosd10 
Props total: 382 382  Slaps total: 96 96
 DUCEDUCE said
The full weight of the imperial USA came to our homelands to act like we just left to leave is some bullsh*t.
I don't understand. Leaving your homeland and moving to the United States only brings you directly under "imperial" USA control. Why leave in the first place then?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-25online now  21
FBG Duck’s mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
202 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Jan 28 - Americans falling behind on car payments at a record pace
179 comments